It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by klain

How about a NO, I love this thread.

-fm

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by funky monk

Well Dan Burish is also on Project Camelot and he says "Stargates"

Haha, well Dan can go find a more original name for it
Im sure there are a thousend names for the darn thing.

-fm

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
Im sure there are a thousend names for the darn thing.

"Ladder to Heaven"
"Stairway to Heaven"
"Byfrost Bridge"
"Gateway to the Gods"
"Abzu"
"Rainbow Bridge"
"Mt Meru"

To name a few

And we must not forget that painting done in 1445 o the Garden of Eden

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

lol, they seem like the more creative names.

Haha, we cant forget that pic can we. Pretty cool though, I love old paintings like that.

-fm

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
reply to post by zorgon

lol, they seem like the more creative names.

Haha, we cant forget that pic can we. Pretty cool though, I love old paintings like that.

-fm

if you put that pic in a graphics program and increase the size, you will notice the image inside the circle is of a different location than the one they are walking threw in the rest of the pic

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I recently considered starting a thread about Stargate being real as satire because I see many conspiricy theorists spouting ideas as if Stargate was a factual documentary. I didn't bother though because I didn't think the more 'intelligent' CTers around here would appreciate such an insult to their credibility, and I don't believe in misleading the gullible. It amazes me to see people actually considering Stargate to be anything other than fiction, even though I'm used to seeing some pretty crazy ideas on here. This thread has to be a trolling thread, otherwise it's pushing the boundaries of delusion beyond insanity.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gofunk
I recently considered starting a thread about Stargate being real as satire because I see many conspiricy theorists spouting ideas as if Stargate was a factual documentary. I didn't bother though because I didn't think the more 'intelligent' CTers around here would appreciate such an insult to their credibility, and I don't believe in misleading the gullible. It amazes me to see people actually considering Stargate to be anything other than fiction, even though I'm used to seeing some pretty crazy ideas on here. This thread has to be a trolling thread, otherwise it's pushing the boundaries of delusion beyond insanity.

"One moment please, directing your
comments to our science dept. "

Hello, my name is Undo (that's short for Undomiel). Although, I am the creator of this thread, I'm not the science expert. I'm a researcher of alternative, ancient and biblical history. If you are serious about this accusation and would like scientific clarification and supportive statements on the subject, please remain seated and our science researcher will be with you shortly.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by undo]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I recently considered starting a thread about Stargate being real as satire because I see many conspiricy theorists spouting ideas as if Stargate was a factual documentary.

Well considering that this is a conspiracy discussion group that is no big surprise...
but if you posted a thread that was satire... it wouldn't be received very well

I didn't bother though because I didn't think the more 'intelligent' CTers around here would appreciate such an insult to their credibility, and I don't believe in misleading the gullible.

AH another newbie "I'm gonna save ya from the crazies..."

It amazes me to see people actually considering Stargate to be anything other than fiction, even though I'm used to seeing some pretty crazy ideas on here.

Well judging by your points you obviously haven't had time to get around that much... I wonder did you even READ this thread?

If you HAD read this thread you would KNOW that the US Government considers Stargates and traversable wormholes seriously... in fact we just reviewed this in the last few pages

We also showed that Steven Hawking takes womhole travel seriously..

This thread has to be a trolling thread, otherwise it's pushing the boundaries of delusion beyond insanity.

If you want to see 'trolling' I suggest you look in a mirror...

If you want to last here any length of time might I suggest you take a moment to read the T&C? We don't call people 'delusional' or 'insane' here

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
Just in case anyone is interested, here is Richard Dean Anderson at the Pentagon in 2004 being honoured by the USAF.

In the below photo we can see General John Jumper giving Anderson the honourary General stars.

Richard Dean Anderson was made an honorary brigadier general by the air force chief of staff.

For a JOB WELL DONE

[edit on 1-3-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thank you, Zorgon, for taking a moment to clarify those points. Don't you also have, on file, documentation for Air Force stargate research?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

AH another newbie "I'm gonna save ya from the crazies..."

What makes you think I'm a newbie?

Well judging by your points you obviously haven't had time to get around that much... I wonder did you even READ this thread?

If you HAD read this thread you would KNOW that the US Government considers Stargates and traversable wormholes seriously... in fact we just reviewed this in the last few pages

We also showed that Steven Hawking takes womhole travel seriously..

I said nothing about wormholes. Wormholes are part of a theory, Stargate is a film and fictional television franchise that employs that theory and others for entertainment value.

I do not contend the possibility of traversable wormholes or devices that enable such traversal.

If you want to see 'trolling' I suggest you look in a mirror...

I'm sorry, was that not another personally directed insult? Perhaps you should review the T&Cs.

We don't call people 'delusional' or 'insane' here

How do you politely describe somebody who is incapable of distinguishing between reality and fiction?

Richard Dean Anderson was made an honorary brigadier general by the air force chief of staff.

Yes, for portraying the Air Force positively throughout SG1. Note that Richard Dean Anderson did not create the Stargate film, SG1 was based on the film. If the Air Force were to quite foolishly publicly award a person for creating a franchise to fictionalise 'real' Stargates, would they not award Dean Devlin or Roland Emmerich?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Enough! Stick to the topic everyone! Yes, Stargate was a movie, but, the theories surrounding the applications of such technology EXIST and are being talked about.
Let's talk about them and resist the urge to bicker. Any more deviations from the topic will be moderated.

Thank you,
Cuhail

ATS Moderator

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Gofunk,

I agree that it does seem far-fetched, and as result, it was my original contention that the similarities were just coincedental. However, after the passage of much time and more research and consideration, I find the frequency of similarities to be an enigma. Why so many similarities? It is possible, that the following potentialities exist:

1. It was meant as a plausible deniability scenario (I mentioned this on the first page of this thread)
2. Because the original writers of the screenplay for the film were both egyptologists from John Hopkins University, they may have picked up on the same themes. As a result, the info in the shows is purely fictionalized drama, but the larger premise is based on real data.
3. The similarities are just the result of the vastness of the topic in a historical context.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Enough! Stick to the topic everyone! Yes, Stargate was a movie, but, the theories surrounding the applications of such technology EXIST and are being talked about.
Let's talk about them and resist the urge to bicker. Any more deviations from the topic will be moderated.

okay. How do I discuss the implications without
discussing the implications?
I'm so blonde.
Toss me a bone, will ya ? Maybe I need a new
hobby.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Forgive me if I have misinterpreted things but is this thread not about the existence of actual Stargates as depicted in film/shows rather than the more general topic of wormholes?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuhail

Forgive me if I have misinterpreted things but is this thread not about the existence of actual Stargates as depicted in film/shows rather than the more general topic of wormholes?

It's a mixture. Actually, my original premise was that "star gates" are real, based on a line of research I did, starting with the bottomless pit in Revelation 9 and going backwards to the Abzu of ancient Sumer.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Thank you, Zorgon, for taking a moment to clarify those points. Don't you also have, on file, documentation for Air Force stargate research?

Yeah sure do... I believe we just reposted all that on the previous page... page 92 of this thread...

But in case some missed it...

Air Force documents
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Steven Hawking..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Collected evidence that I have had time to process so far...
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Now I need some sleep...ZZZ Zzzz zzzzzzz

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuhail

Well, I for one, think that the technology may exist that is similar to the movie's depiction of it, but, do I think tht the exact "Stargates" from the Movie is the reality? C'mon...it's a movie. Artistic licence is a wonderful thing and movies are the prime example of it. In the movie, the "Stargate" is just a device to access a wormhole. Why does the device have to look like the film version?
Funny, I have a flip phone that looks very familiar to Star Trek (OS)communicators and work, generally, the same. Is it technology refering to entertainment for design? No. It just made sense back in the 60's that devices would be compact and "futuristic". As far as if a "Stargate" exists, design techs from movie studios had to invent a "look" for it. They did. Does that mean it looks like that in real life? I don't know. I haven't seen one yet. But why argue about a movie? It's the feasibility of the technology were discussing. I think it may be.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

OMG!!! I am totally blown away by that picture! What a trip, I have figured for years that the Stargate Program existed, I know that it exists, but this was completely unexpected.
So is it possible for me to also get an honorary status from 'my' life's experiences? Oh yeah that is 'real' life...
You get a prize for this post. I am on to you Zorgon!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Which picture?
And onto what? What did he do? 'Splain.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Funny, I have a flip phone that looks very familiar to Star Trek (OS)communicators and work, generally, the same. Is it technology refering to entertainment for design? No. It just made sense back in the 60's that devices would be compact and "futuristic". As far as if a "Stargate" exists, design techs from movie studios had to invent a "look" for it. They did. Does that mean it looks like that in real life? I don't know. I haven't seen one yet.

Cuhail

Hey you forget the new ones that just perch in your ear and remind me of the borg from the Next Generation lol

We are borg.
Resistance is futile.

I saw a guy with one of those in his ear in the grocery store. It had a little blue light on it. I kept wondering how safe that was for him to wear that thing in his ear, everywhere he went.

As far as the appearance of it is concerned, I'm guessing it can take just about any shape. If my theories are correct as far as the egyptian connection is concerned, notice the Book of Gates depicts it as a rectangular door with a snake winding around the outside of it and in other egyptian texts, circular.
the sumerian-akkadian images are rectangular doors with water flowing around the outside and the cuneiform for flood is quite similar, albeit in a stylized way (cuneiform had its limitations) of the gate on the show and movie.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by undo]

new topics

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join