It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Actually Nimrod was Noah's great-grandson. Now I came up with another theory. Now, right now we're under the belief that Gilgamesh went through the gate to Paradise and found a Noah type figure there. Now wouldn't it be more appropriate to think that this character to be Anu, especially if he went through Enlil's gate? If that's true then perhaps Ashur isn't actually Noah's grandson, but Anu's which would then make him the same person as Nanna.

The only thing that makes me second guess this is Nergal. He is claimed to be the child of Enlil and Ninlil, which is the same parents as Nanna. So, this could in fact be Nanna (although they are pretty much opposites, with Nanna being god of the Moon in Sumeria, and Nergal being god of the Sun in Babylon.) Interestingly, Nergal also happens to be the deity that presides over the netherworld. Now later he became associated with Heracles. Now, according to Plato Atlantis was supposed to be located between the Pillars of Heracles, which is thought to be the Strait of Gibraltar. If Heracles and Nergal were the same person however, then the Pillars of Heracles might not refer to the Strait of Gibraltar, but a gate associated with Nergal.

Presently I've been trying to determine the etymology for Ashur, as it does end in -ur the same name as Nanna's city, but have yet to turn up anything of significance. Once again all speculation that could or could not lead somewhere. Anyway, you mention that some research is based off of Gilgamesh, but have you looked into the Epic of Atra-Hasis, which is the story that Gilgamesh is based off of?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Now, I'm not a Biblical scholar, but I am a student of literature, so I'm not sure how much of Paradise Lost is based off of descriptions on the Bible, but I just noticed some interesting things in it. When Satan begins his journey to Eden he must traverse a great, dark, abyss with nothing to guide him (possibly space.) Now once he achieves what he sets out to do his children Sin and Death follow him creating a bridge between Hell and Eden (possibly a gate.) The thing that reminded me of this is another name that Nanna goes by, Sin. Now when he goes under the name Sin he is represented by a lapis lazuli (now where have we seen that stone before?) and a winged bull. The only problem with Milton's depiction of Sin however is that it is female and was birthed from Satan's head. There is also the fact that traditionally the two versions of Sin are not connected in any way, but we're not exactly conventional here and there are a group of people that believe there may be some connection to the two words.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well Anu going through Enlil's gate makes sense, although there's no way to prove that the Mt. Mashu gate (in the Epic of Gilgamesh) was Enlil's gate, so it was probably Gilgamesh not Anu, like the Epic says. Paradise is probably not where Anu's throneroom is, anyway. The Epic describes it as a garden where the trees/plants grow crystals instead of fruit. Gilgamesh finds the Noah figure there, relaxing. The story is very odd, big parts are missing.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ok, I'm twenty pages away from being caught up. And I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ouroboros yet. In case anybody reading doesn't know, Ouroboros is a serpent or dragon that is eating its own tail to form a perfect circle.There are a variety of connotations that go along with it including cyclicality, unity, and infinity. This symbol appears throughout history all across the globe. The earliest evidence of the coiled serpent appears is from the Hongshan culture (4700 BC - 2900 BC). Along with their dragons, there was apparently a large cache of clay figurines found, some of which were three times as big as a human. It's thought that these represent their gods, but don't adhere to any religion from China. I tried to turn up some pictures of these, but only came across a few smaller figurines.

After Hongshan the Ouroboros once again emerges in Egypt. from about 1600 BC. Since that time it has been found all over the world.Even the Aztecs included it as a representation of Quetzalcoatl. We also see it appear in Norse mythology at Ragnarok when the Midgard Serpent encircles the world and bites its own tail. In Gnosticism it represents eternity and the soul of the world. In Christianity it represents the limitations of the material world. We also see it in Hinduism. Something else I found interesting was this quote by Plato.

"The living being had no need of eyes when there was nothing remaining outside him to be seen; nor of ears when there was nothing to be heard; and there was no surrounding atmosphere to be breathed; nor would there have been any use of organs by the help of which he might receive his food or get rid of what he had already digested, since there was nothing which went from him or came into him: for there was nothing beside him. Of design he was created thus, his own waste providing his own food, and all that he did or suffered taking place in and by himself. For the Creator conceived that a being which was self-sufficient would be far more excellent than one which lacked anything; and, as he had no need to take anything or defend himself against any one, the Creator did not think it necessary to bestow upon him hands: nor had he any need of feet, nor of the whole apparatus of walking; but the movement suited to his spherical form was assigned to him, being of all the seven that which is most appropriate to mind and intelligence; and he was made to move in the same manner and on the same spot, within his own limits revolving in a circle. All the other six motions were taken away from him, and he was made not to partake of their deviations. And as this circular movement required no feet, the universe was created without legs and without feet.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
it's been mentioned a few times but only briefly, so thanks for that info.

there are many offsite links in this thread, that also are relevant, in that they add to the data. some new and old examples are:

Stargates, Ancient Rituals, And Those Invited Through
The Portal (Pt. 1)
www.thewatcherfiles.com...

WORM HOLES, STARGATES, AND TIME TRAVEL
compiled by Dee Finney
www.greatdreams.com...
www.greatdreams.com...

William Henry is an author and lecturer who proposes many ideas about stargates in his work. He must've found this thread because some of the ideas put forward here, are starting to show up in his books, which i'm assuming means he agrees with those points.

ca.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by magnito_student

It is probably both; two birds with one feeder...

say I two years later...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
lol what are the odds?!!!

Based on some of the data from my third e-book (unfinished) from about 2 years ago

www.thestargates.com...

My youtube video relating to this thread specifically

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Just came across a post that got me thinking.

Originally posted by DREAMING MAN

2. In "XX" years, earth's climate continues to melt the Polar Ice, which then causes our climate to plunge into a disastrous Ice-age. The sea levels fall. Wondrous discoveries are made below former sea levels by remnants of mankind that find a way to live in the extreme cold. Then one day a group of forager's discover this incredible Abzu. It is somehow opened and hell opens up & puts on sale.

What I find interesting is that before Ragnarok there are supposed to be 3 years of unending winter known as Fimbulwinter. This is supposed to be the last even that occurs before Ragnarok begins and soon after this Loki and Fenrir break free of their bonds, Jörmungandr rises from the sea, and the armies of Hel begin their advance. This then leads me to ask, could Loki and his get be the four angels bound in the Euphrates?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't think Loki is bound, but some of his pals, maybe.
There's a weird errm... how do i explain this...

Okay, you have 3 different types of angelic beings mentioned in biblical texts:

1. Messenger Angels
2. Archangels
3. Angels (the gods)

2 & 3, seem to occassionally have crossovers, such as Enki, who began his career as an archangel and ended up doing the "god" thing. All three are Elohim class beings (according to Heiser, anyway).

Archangels and the archangels who are gods on the divine council, weren't punished at the time the bottomless pit punishment came along. Only the underlings of Enki got the shaft on that one, if I understand this correctly. The big guys, like Enki, are supposed to be ousted later.

So if Enki is Loki (and I think he is), I'm not so sure he's been exiled. In fact, it says this planet belongs to Enki. His name means Lord Earth and biblical texts refer to him as the god of this world.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
the rabbit hole grows deeper with every post.............

so whadaya think for 2012? Nibiru/Planet x?? If it's a brown dwarf I dont see hoo nephilim could be on this planet and advance here, unless they are here already......hmmmm

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

There's one other possible interpretation. If I remember correctly, Hel does not actively participate in Ragnarok, just the residents of Hel. So, if we disregard her and Loki then we are still left with the Midgard Serpent, Fenrir, and his two children as taking place in Ragnarok. The problem with this though is that it is made very clear that Loki is bound when he murders Baldr. Which could support my theory that Odin is in fact Enki, as Loki is not technically a god, he is the child of two giants. I would also like to note that I don't really think the serpent is one of the bound angels as it has more in common with Wormwood, so it could be that Loki, Fenrir, and his two children are the angels. Once again this faces problems in that Fenrir's children are supposed to swallow the sun and moon before Loki and Fenrir break free from their bounds.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hi,
I want only to add to your interesting discussion that stargates is a concept that evolves from the confirmed facts of the relatively theory in which space and time are no longer two different dimensions but only one thing, like the two sides of the same coin.

This space time is so rigid that only catasthrophic events, like supernovas or sideral explosions can alter its balance and force it to vibrate. The Humanity is in the time in which there are many attempts to catch this type of waves since they probably the only way in which the humanity can develop the first trully charts or maps about the 99% of the outer space that is still unknown for us.

This technology is being tested and improved in the first gravitational wave detectors that actually will be able to succesfully detect the noice comming far from bejond the limits of this universe.

We can not know how small is our universe in comparision with the entire creation since the curvature of the space time does not allow the more advanded instruments, radiotelecopes and optic telecopes to reach more than the limited horizon that from earth is visible.

To give you an idea about what I am talking about imagine how limited was the knowledge of the people of the XV century about the actual size and form of the earth, the distribution of the continents and oceans. This limitation was in part the consequence of the lack of technology that allow them to surpass the curvature of the earth and see bejond it.

This Universe , and that is also being confirmed with the most advanced astrophysic scientific research, is no longer Universe but multiverse, is a collection of many universeses that coexist and that are expanding together like a giant cluster of grapes.

Each grape of this cluster is a complete universe populated with millions of stars, constelations and galaxies and is only a fraction of a Megaverse that covers the whole creation.

There is a time in which the better knowledge of the real structure of the Cosmos is going to reveal that also there are channels of rapid communication between the grapes of the cluster, like the vine shoots, that allow the flow of energy but also the flow of matter from one universe to the others.

I want to invite you, that are genuine UFO followers to know more about this topic and my work in BTS in which I am being also transmiting a series of messages that are part of my experience as a psychic & Scientist contacted periodically by alien intelligences.

Let me suggest you to check my thread about the Supernova registered on 2007 at: www.belowtopsecret.com...

or if you want to see any of my threads, check :

www.belowtopsecret.com...

thanks,
Your friend,

The Angel of lightness

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well, is a really huge and incredible concept. Until I see one, the only ones I can really relate too is off Stargate

That said, I do believe there is a way of getting from one way or another much faster than normal (I.E via worm-holes or etc), but the fact is that it would require vast technology to even attempt it. Stability is another key issue.

In my honest opinion, I am not thinking it would be a technology that would enable star-gate like things, but more of a psychic ability. I mean, just think in these terms... You can actively think of being almost anywhere without even being near it, or even know of it.

Thought is in my opinion, the fastest thing possible. You can think of the galaxy centre, and be there. Thats quite a long way if I do not say so myself.

Now, if you could actively think of somewhere, and materialize there... Thats probably the fastest possible way of travel. Of course this is a theory, but in my opinion its the only way to 'instantly' be anywhere.

Worm-holes/stargates would have to involve some sort of black hole, or anything that could manipulate space/time etc and bend or warp it so that its even accessable for people. I know the galaxy is a vast, huge and quite wonderous thing so obviously something like that may or even should exist.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yeah, there does seem to be a separation of concepts along the lines of supernatural and simply high technology.

think about that for a second.
the ability to use technology, highly advanced of course, to mimic the accepted definitions of supernatural... would fool almost anybody. how would you recognize one from the other?

for example. let's say you claim you can travel from point a to point b with the power of your mind. meanwhile, a teleportation device engages and technologically transports you from point a to point b, making it seem as if you did that with the power of your mind when in fact, it's just high technology?

at the moment, science is working on quantum teleportation and quantum entanglement. it seems that entangled particles immediately, with no delay, communicate across vast distances. it's off the charts. there's no current (divulged) speed limit for this communication - it's instantaneous. using technology of this nature to beam yourself about or your words around, would appear very supernatural.

so let's look at the word "supernatural." what does it mean? well that's the real issue, isn't it? it's SUPER (or hyper) natural. First we have to determine what is and isn't natural, in order to determine what is and isn't supernatural. and the definition of natural changes as science advances.

for example, for hundreds of years, it was believed man couldn't fly or go to other planets/moons. it would've been considered outside of the abilities of the natural scientific universe, to do such things, but that is no longer the case. it is now explainable with science and is considered part of the function of the natural world. it's not hypernatural anymore.

this issue is going to blur alot of lines in the future. no doubt it will cause confusion so intense that arriving at the reality of it, is literally going to be a matter of faith

[edit on 31-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I believe that they are real. I believe that they are portals to another universe or different dimensions.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kevintorvalds

I know this is going back a few weeks, but I felt I had to comment on this. I don't really think these movies are pointing to an NWO plan. If so it is not to prepare us, but to denounce the idea of an NWO. These movies are simply the continuation of the dystopian novel, such as 1984, Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451. You have to remember that most of these writers attended liberal arts colleges and are generally not happy with the actions of the government. What these movies are doing are taking criticizing the modern political climate by showing what could happen if things were taken to the extreme. Take V for Vendetta or Land of the Dead for example, these movies are very clearly satirizing the Bush administration. Sadly enough however the dystopia is probably a much more realistic scenario than the utopia (which funnily enough actually translates to "nowhere," the way that utopia is used today would properly be spelled eutopia, which means "happy place," but nobody caught on to Thomas More's pun.)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hi, I'm very interested in this subject and am curious to know what you think about the claims Dan Burisch makes about stargates. I noticed some of the things he's said correlate with what you say too.

For reference, I'm including the link to the video and transcript of his video (The transcript makes it easier to skip to the stargate sections of his interview.)

Dan Burisch: Stargate Secrets
projectcamelot.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Finally got caught up. Now I was wondering, does the Eastern Orthodox Church have a different translation of the Bible? It seems we are looking at this in a more Roman Catholic way and if the Easter Orthodox Church has a different interpretation it could lead to more clues as they do claim to be the one sect of Christianity that adheres closest to the original teachings of Jesus.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's not very roman catholic at all. First, it all started when i was studying Revelation, which the roman catholic church believes has already happened (at least, officially they do). However if the bottomless pit is a stargate that when opened, causes this influx of flying monsters, well, that's not in our history books so i assumed it was an event that hadn't transpired yet.

Second, the roman catholic belief is that the sons of God who impregnated the daughters of men was a reference to the line of Cain, rather than the angels.

AND, they don't believe there was a divine council as mentioned regarding the events at the tower of babel. they believe the bene elohim mentioned there are not angels but sons of Adam.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well the main reason I'm wondering is if the canon was officially decided before or after the schism. I'm a little shaky on my history, so I may be off, but in the first century AD some books were removed from the canon. In 1054 the Eastern and Western churches split. I feel like there was more revisions made after this though. For some reason I'm thinking there was some kind of decision made at the Council of Trent. If that's so then wouldn't a Bible for the Eastern church possibly have different information than a Bible for the Western church?

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join