It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I just looked up the etymology of both Niflheim and Nephilim. I found that Niflheim has its roots in the Latin word "nebula." Nephilim on the other hand has its roots in Hebrew and either means "those causing others to fall" or "wonderous." However, Nephilim has at times been translated to mean, wait for it, "giant."

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yep. Genesis 6
there were giants (nephilim, plural of nephal) in the earth in those days.

did you read the entire thread, btw? just curious.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
some info I had found in the egyptian book of the dead, regarding Osiris, caught my attention and I thought I should mention it here:

"Thou art the Soul of Ra, his own body,"

If Osiris was Nimrod, and Ra was Enki....
This might explain why it says that Nimrod BECAME A MIGHTY one before the Lord. He wasn't born that way but became that way. It sounds like he might have been altered in the likeness of Ra (Enki).

To make sense of this, consider that Gilgamesh sounds to have had his own clone in the Epic of Gilgamesh. And since I see some connection between Gilgamesh and Nimrod being the same individual discussed, just in 2 different timeframes, is it possible that Gilgamesh, Nimrod and therefore Osiris, was a clone of Enki? I think so!

Consider the name of Gilgamesh's clone: Enkidu. Where was Enki from ? Eridu. So it's a play on words Enki+Eridu = Enkidu.

Osiris was a clone of Enki, in other words, but he wasn't cloned until after he was born. The clone was made while Gilgamesh was alive, so Nimrod would've been cloned in Enki's likeness, while he was still alive. i dunno how that's possible, but there it is, nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm still only on Page 33. School work has been preventing me from reading as much as I want.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

schoolwork is more important than my wacky theories. when you have some time off, read the rest of the thread. it has alot of interesting info in it that i'd like to hear your impression of and you can juggle it against the info you have in your head regarding ragnarok.

did you read my info on the previous page regarding Fenrir ?

[edit on 27-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
hmm.... the World Tree...

ever read the story of Cu Chulainn? I think it makes more sense in light of this thread...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The black hole theory could be plausible. Although not as Fenrir. It is the wolves Sköll and Hati that devour the sun and moon. Although it is Fenrir that is destined to devour Odin. So, I'm not sure how this all comes together.

It does seem however that the forces that are to come out of the gate are going to be the fire giants. The frost giants are said to arrive on a ship and Loki is going to come on another ship with the armies of the dead. The fire giants then cross the Rainbow Bridge.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Xcalibur254]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by undo

The black hole theory could be plausible. Although not as Fenrir. It is the wolves Sköll and Hati that devour the sun and moon. Although it is Fenrir that is destined to devour Odin. So, I'm not sure how this all comes together.

It does seem however that the forces that are to come out of the gate are going to be the fire giants. The frost giants are said to arrive on a ship and Loki is going to come on another ship with the armies of the dead. The fire giants then cross the Rainbow Bridge.

the wikipedia listing for Fenrir says:

In Norse mythology, Fenrir or Fenrisulfr is a wolf, the son of Loki and the giantess Angrboða. Fenrir is bound by the gods, but is ultimately destined to grow too large for his bonds and devour Odin during the course of Ragnarök. At that time he will have grown so large that his upper jaw touches the sky while his lower touches the earth when he gapes. He will be slain by Odin's son, Viðarr, who will either stab him in the heart or rip his jaws asunder according to different accounts.

Fenrir has two sons, Hati ('hate') and Skoll. Skoll chases the horses Árvakr and Alsviðr, that drag the chariot which contains the sun. Hati chases Máni, the moon. 'Skoll', in certain circumstances, is used as a heiti to refer indirectly to the father (Fenrir) and not the son. This ambiguity works in the other direction also, for example in the Vafþrúðnismál, where a confusion exists in stanza 46 where Fenrir is given the sun-chasing attributes of his son Skoll. This can mostly be accounted for by the use of Hróðvitnir and Hróðvitnirson to refer to both Fenrir and his sons.

en.wikipedia.org...

what makes Fenrir the most interesting is that it is one of the three children of Loki, the other two are really sounding like the Abzu and Tiamat (the gate and the wormhole)

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The other two being the Midgard Serpent who will emerge from the sea causing massive floods and poisoning the land and Hel, who is in charge of the underworld of the same name and at Ragnarok will provide the souls of the dead to fight for Loki. I do find it interesting that in the Gylfaginning her threshold is the Pit of Stumbling. Possibly a gate of some kind?

My knowledge is lacking on Inanna, but you might be interested to know there was a Norse deity by the name of Nanna. You might see if there could be any connection to the two. Did Inanna have any connection to Nippur? I ask because the father of Nanna was supposedly Nepr, which I noticed was somewhat reminiscent of Nippur, and since there's is such little information provided on him I thought that it may not be referring to a god at all, but a city.

EDIT: I just stumbled upon something interesting in regards to this. Apparently there was also a Sumerian god by the name of Nanna who was the father of Inanna. What I found interesting was that Nanna's father was none other than Enlil, whose city we already know was Nippur. Now, I haven't delved deeply into this so I may be off base, but apparently the stories "Enlil and Ninlil" and "The Descent of Inanna" bear similarities. I think you'll be interested to know that in Norse mythology Nanna and her husband Baldr are the only deities that spend any extensive time in Hel, as they are the only gods that are sent there when they die.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Makes sense, since if hel is the bottomless pit, aka the abzu, abyss, stargate, the only beings placed there would not be humans at that point, since it appears humans can't make the journey. in addition biblical texts claim the fallen angels who tinkered with the human race and messed up the planet, were put in the bottomless pit right before the flood and the thing was locked up.

then later, it's opened in revelation 9 and out comes the flying scorpion things who proceed to create some kind of disaster in which people are in pain for 5 months,which sounds like the serpent reference (one of enki's gates (specifically, the one now under the euphrates) in ragnarok that poisons the air.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm still far behind, so if this came up at one point or another just tell me, but has anyone tried to connect this to Zoroastrianism yet? It seems like a logical place to look as it pretty much was the religion that combined Eastern and Western beliefs. I'm also interested as what Kabbalah might say in regards to this.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ok, I just came up with a possible theory, it still requires a lot of research, into certain matters. I first developed it when I came across the Temple at Uppsala. This was a temple that was constructed of pure gold and had a gold chain wrapped around it. At this site there were supposedly sacrifices made to Odin. It is reported that sacrifices occurred in the following way. At the temple there was a well. A potential sacrifice would enter the well and submerge himself in the water. If he disappeared he was considered to have been accepted as a proper sacrifice to Odin. Now, it is claimed that the Temple at Uppsala was founded by Freyr, the same god who is responsible for founding Sweden. At the temple there were three statues, one of Odin, one of Freyr, and then one in the center of Thor sitting on a throne. Another interesting fact is that the temple is reported to have had a tree of unknown origin growing on the grounds, and if I remember correctly you said the ziggurats typically a tree growing at them to symbolize the "tree" at Enki's Abzu.

Ok, disregard the theory I mentioned. I just did some research into it and came across nothing to support it. So I'm going to assume that the story about Freyr's temple is just another reference to a gate inspired by previous cultures and does not in fact represent a true gate. The only interesting thing I came across is that the Sami people of Sweden, who are thought to be a real life correlation to the Vanir, which Freyr happens to be, share little in common genetically with any other European country. The closest is Finland, but that is believed to be more due to recent interbreeding than sharing a common heritage. They also lack the DNA markers that would label them as possessing a Mongol or Siberian heritage, so it is somewhat a mystery as to where they originally migrated from.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Xcalibur254]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well maybe not so much a mystery, afterall. So many similarities. Perhaps they did originate from Sumer. See there's evidence of caucasians in Sumer, so the anthropolgists assumed they were immigrants from the Caucaus (err spelling?) Mts. Hitler went with the idea, and assumed they were the same people who became the Vedic Lords in India and the progenitors of the Dragon Emperors of China. Personally, i think they have it all mixed up (or i do
)

A new theory. According to the sumerian story about Enlil, he created a race of dark headed people. I believe this is a reference to the transport of the initial black race through the Dur.Anki gate. Enki and Ninmah also created races, but their original attempts at successfully gating people here, resulted in alot of mangled bodies, as is attested to in "Enki and Ninmah." They'd come through the gate and be lame, body parts all jumbled up, blind, etc. (sorta like a teleporter that isn't correctly calibrated).

Therefore, gate had to be calibrated to safely transport humans through it. After the initial settlements, the gates on earth were modified permanently, so humans couldn't go back through. (my theory based on texts that basically say it was an one way journey for humans of the time). The gates were blocked both technological and literally. This was at the behest of Yahweh, as is indicated in the expulsion from Eden, where once expelled, they couldn't go back through the gates. It's possible we were modified by the experience itself. I really don't know.

So perhaps Enki and Enlil (and who knows how many others were involved), transported several human races here through the three known gates (dur.anki, abzu of the deep (now located under the euphrates) and abzu of eridu (no clue where it is today, as the place has been gone over with a fine tooth comb). In the sumerian stories, the Anunna were tired of doing the work themselves and started to complain. So Enki came up with the "Brilliant" idea to "Create" a slave race to do the work for them. It's my theory that they were at war with our original progentior (Yahweh and company, I'm presuming) and when enki found humans on one of Yahweh's worlds (paradise), he saw an opportunity he couldn't resist. He went back to Sumer, explained his plan to Enlil and the show was on.

The only real distraction in all this is, if they were that technologically advanced, they could've created clones to do the work (this is what sitchin claims they did, initially - the first adams and eves were clones or a prototype that was a mingling of anunnaki DNA with cro magnon or whatever). However, I'm doubting that particular description, because he bases it on the idea that these uncivilized people were in fact, cave men/women, when they may have just been uncivilized according to anunnaki standards. the explorers on this planet have found tribes in the wild and called them uncivilized, but hopefully they don't think the people they found are cave men/women - et.al, lower life forms. we weren't lower lifeforms, we were just not "anunnaki civilized" (that changed, of course).

So, for want of a better reason, I'm going to assume Enki saw it as a case of killing two birds with one stone -- he yanked us outta paradise to spite yahweh, and brought us here of our own free will with promises of great knowledge, etc. but, per his usual tendency, he basically lied about it. we learned just enough to be useful slaves.

Anyway, I don't know what the people who came through Enki's gate looked like. Another problem is that the texts describe the event as requiring 7 gates and I can only account for 3 in sumer.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

but their original attempts at successfully gating people here, resulted in alot of mangled bodies, as is attested to in "Enki and Ninmah." They'd come through the gate and be lame, body parts all jumbled up, blind, etc. (sorta like a teleporter that isn't correctly calibrated).

This right here sounds exactly like what was reported to have happened in the Philadelphia Experiment. Now you're saying that there are supposedly 7 gates (sorry if this is mentioned in the previous 30 pages) does that mean that these are the Seven Seals? I'm trying to figure out where to look next, as you seem to have covered civilization for Sumeria to Egypt pretty well. I'm thinking that we may be able to continue the story into Persia. It seems like it could very well be continued with Assyrian god, Ashur, who is often depicted as riding in a winged disc. I just started reading about him, but apparently his name could possibly be derived from "water field" (gate?) and he has been known as "Great Mountain" (ziggurat?). Interestingly enough the city named after Ashur, Assur, was ruled by Sumeria in the 3rd century B.C. with the oldest foundations being found at an Ishtar temple and the Old Palace. Interestingly apparently the temple of Ashur was at one time expanded with a ziggurat sometime between 1813 and 1781 BC. I've also once again come across Nanna (the son of Enlil, and resident god of Ur) again who apparently had a temple in the city. I feel like I came across Nanna at another time earlier today, I'll see if I can figure out where. I'll delve more into this when I get some time, but if you're interested you may want to start looking through this link to see if either Ashur or Assur could possibly contain a gate, or if it is just once again a previous "god" with a new name.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I came across two interesting places when checking into the Odyssey. I was seeing how Odysseus enters the underworld, which was by sailing down the Acheron River. Now the first place I came across is a temple called Necromanteion. This was established by one of the first tribes to Greece. It was supposedly very similar in its construction to that of a ziggurat. It was dedicated to the only oracle of death in all of Greece and was in honor of the Nereid, Ephyra. Now while Necromanteion was supposedly a gate to the underworld, I was more interested in the fact that Nereids were supposed to live in the Aegean Sea in a silver cave, and the silver cave immediately made me think of Enki.

The other location I came across is a lake called Avernus in Italy. The Greeks suppsoedly associated this lake with the Acheron when they settled Rome, and the Romans went on to call it an entrance to the underworld. The lake is contained in a crater and at the shore a temple to Apollo was constructed along with one to Jupiter. This also happens to be the location of the Cumaean Sibyl who was regarded to be the greatest of the Sibyls. The legend says that she lived in a cave with a hundred mouths. Also of note, Avernus releases a poisonous steam, that the ancients claimed was so powerful that birds that flew over would drop dead.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
i'll check into it. as the gap in time from ancient sumer increases, the story gets more mixed up, which is something i'm trying to avoid. i'm also trying to pinpoint the various trails out of sumer, and your info on nordic ancient history, certainly appears to be one of them. if they kept the basic info the same and added metaphor to help explain it, it'd end up basically being what you see in their texts, which is pretty darn interesting!

i'm currently working on something else that's been bugging me for awhile now, ever since i started studying the opening of the mouth ceremony of the ancient egyptians. i'm a bit concerned about what the tradition was originally based on.

for example, after the black sea flood (which also flooded egypt and the nile, as it originated from the altantic, flowed into the mediterranean, flowed over the ridge between the mediteranean and the black sea and continued into mesopotamia from there. so you know it slam dunked the nile region), the akkadian Enmerkar (Nimrod/Osiris) and his entourage established Abydos and Naqada. The burial sites contain copious amounts of mesopotamian style artifacts, obviously brought there by Nimrod & friends. What's particularly striking about the burial sites of the royals there is the fact they decapitated their royal members when they died, and placed their heads between or by their feet. This really bugged me when I read it. It's been nagging at me for awhile now. Here's why:

According to later ancient egyptian burial customs, part of preparing the body of the pharaoh and other royal members, required removing the brain, which translators claim was then disposed of rather than preserved (whereas the rest of the vital organs were mummified). I see an odd connection between these two approaches to dealing with the "heads" of the royals (decapitation or disposal of the contents).

Pictures of the tools used during the opening of the mouth ceremony, also seemed oddly reminiscent of something but I couldn't put my finger on what it was. So I did a study on their skulls, which revealed they had unusually elongated heads, and since they weren't head binders, the only logical explanation was that they were unique, physiologically (this according to studies undertaken of the burial sites of the Naqada and Abydos royals). Still, that didn't explain the decapitation and/or removal of the brains. Afterall, in the Book of the Dead, enemies were decapitated as a form of punishment. Why would royals of Abydos and Naqada, treat themselves like enemies of the pharaoh? they were the originators of the egyptian dynasties. It just didn't make sense.

So it was back to studying the entire opening of the mouth ceremony. The images of the tools used during this process were what kick started another theory: maybe the whole goa'uld thing from stargate isn't so far off, afterall. see this example:
www.digitalegypt.ucl.ac.uk...
and this one
from here:

if this theory is correct, the original opening of the mouth ceremony was to remove the goa'uld and replace it in a newer, living body. then the old body was decapitated and its brains removed so it couldn't be used again, as any new goa'uld infestation in the same body, would reveal the memories of the host, which would include the knowledge of the previous occupying goa'uld.

Of course, this may be totally wrong.

In the Epic of Gilgamesh, when Enkidu dies, Gilgamesh notes that he saw the worm leave the nose of Enkidu. Whatever that means. Not sure if it was just a reference to maggots crawling out of Enkidu's nose or the expulsion of the goa'uld symbiote from the dead body.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I just came across something very interesting pertaining to Ashur. At first I was just assuming he was a god, but apparently the grandson of Noah was also called Ashur. Apparently it is ambiguous as to whether Ashur or Nimrod was the one founded Nineveh and other cities in Assyria. I was also just reading about your theory on Taurus, and well, Ashur was known as "bull of heaven," just as the Sumerian god Nanna was known. I'm not sure how much you've looked into Ur, but now might be a time to start.

Also, another thing I was thinking about, each religion seems to have a number they associate with cosmological events. An example would be the appearance of the number seven in Christianity, or the number nine in Norse mythology. I was thinking that these numbers had to come from somewhere, so I'm wondering if as we look through the history of civilization if they get higher as more land becomes civilized. I haven't quite thought all this through yet, but who knows, maybe these numbers are indicative of the number of gates that were discovered on Earth.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I need to be clear on the Enki and Ninmah thing.

The story says that they created people via 7 birth goddesses, which I believe are 7 gates. In fact, in the story, sometimes Ninmah just sounds like a gate and not a biological being at all. Enki "commands" her to create and she creates. To me it sounds like he's operating the gate through which the first people were brought here. This would explain why the story vacillates back and forth, overwriting itself -- changing the concept from one sentence to the next: the translators had no idea what to make of it, so they did the best that they could.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ashur wasn't Nimrod. Ashur was a son of Shem. Nimrod was a son of Cush. They were both grandchildren of Noah, however.

EDIT: hrm, for some reason the first time i read that, it sounded like you were saying ashur was nimrod. now that i read it again, i see you didn't say that at all

[edit on 29-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well whenever someone gets a fancy schmancy title like "Bull of Heaven," i check the sumerian equivalent to see what the descendancy was. Enki was called the Great Dragon. The great dragon in revelation has seven heads. The bull of heaven has 7 stars on its head (the pleiades). I had originally theorized it was a reference to the seven gates, since enki didn't literally have seven heads.

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join