It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Map of Seti I's tomb in the Valley of the Kings. check the "K" passageway. They haven't finished excavating it, they say.

Description:

The tomb of Sety I consists of a total of seven corridors and ten chambers, decorated with painted, raised relief (with the exception of Fa). Three sloping corridors (B, C, D), lead to a well chamber (E) and pillared chamber (F) with side chamber (Fa). A side descent and two sloping corridors (G, H) lead to a chamber (I) beyond which lies burial chamber J. This has five side chambers (Ja-Je), and a long passage (K) at the rear.

Noteworthy features: KV 17 is one of the most completely decorated tombs in the Valley of the Kings, with painted raised relief decoration of the highest quality. There is an unusually long descending passage (K) in the floor of the burial chamber J. Recesses were cut in the benches of Jb.

[...]

Entrance to the K passageway, apparently shored up and rebricked by the archaeologist, Carter

Source:
Theban Mapping Project
www.thebanmappingproject.com...
to see the tomb details, click on the second image on the right, where it says Launch this site in the KV Atlas

you can also see the images taken of the tomb itself, here (note there are 11 pages of images, so look for the little page numbers at the top of the gallery
www.thebanmappingproject.com...

[edit on 26-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
ya, I read up to the part where they ran the robot up the shaft, drilled through the first slab and found a second, fragile-looking kinda cracked slab. Any info on when they may start that up again?

And the Seti I looks very interesting... anything we haven't fully explored holds potential for great discoveries! Every corner could potentially have the full explanation of the origins of man, etc. behind it, as well as some ancient technology, or any number of things.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
They need to stop being lazy and keep exploring that thing. I dont know why they stopped .

[edit on 26-1-2008 by isitmagic]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kevintorvalds

Nope. Last update is here:
guardians.net...

here's a much more indepth look at it, but still the old news
www.cheops.org...

hawass' website. i'd think this'd be the best place to keep tabs on anything happening at the gp

guardians.net...

www.zahihawass.com... (flash)

[edit on 26-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You guys hsould look into the connection between the "Malta Caves" and the Nephilim....there's a good chance that thay are still within those caves and many indigenous tribes speak of entrances to the underworld where the nephilim still are.

Undo,
I had a quick question for you. As do I, you also consider yourself a Christian. So in your findings and the gnostic demiurge/anunnaki theories, jehova and yaweh are basically demiruges....why doesn't Jesus ever say anything about this???

This is a really big deal here and requires much consideration.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitmagic
They need to stop being lazy and keep exploring that thing. I dont know why they stopped .

[edit on 26-1-2008 by isitmagic]

It has nothing to do with laziness. They have the team all set, they have the resources, and they've got a re-designed robot... it's just that the damn Egyptian government won't let them do anything! Freakin pisses me off.... one of the most important archaeological finds in a long time, and they won't let them explore it. How lame is that?!!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Ok, so I'm still 60+ pages back in my reading, but I was wondering that since you say that we were created in the image of the Angels instead of God, does that mean that the entities described as the Nordics are the true Angels? There are theories that the Nordic gods were actual people. Odin in particular is a rather interesting character, as we once again come across a person who has knowledge greater than that of a normal man. On top of that he is also associated with the Wild Hunt has been described as a phantasmal group of huntsmen who race across the sky, which could easily be interpreted as UFO sightings. The only thing that doesn't really fit with your theory of what I've read so far is that this would occur thousands of years after the stargates disappeared. Although this would seem to provide evidence to the fact that the Nordics are indeed the true Angels.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

we were created in the image of the Angels instead of God,

ERm, no, I don't believe we were created in the image of the Angels. I think most of us have a strain of hybrid in us yes, but we were originally created by God and then tampered with later.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
You guys hsould look into the connection between the "Malta Caves" and the Nephilim....there's a good chance that thay are still within those caves and many indigenous tribes speak of entrances to the underworld where the nephilim still are.

Undo,
I had a quick question for you. As do I, you also consider yourself a Christian. So in your findings and the gnostic demiurge/anunnaki theories, jehova and yaweh are basically demiruges....why doesn't Jesus ever say anything about this???

This is a really big deal here and requires much consideration.

i don't believe it's all the quite the same. elohim was a generalized description, at least, according to Heiser. it was applied, he said, to "the gods", the archangels and jehovah/yahweh, but it was technically, just a broadly applied term.

in phoenician, baal was the generic term for the gods, like baal'zebub (lord of the flying things or lord of the flies). baal simply meant lord, wihch could apply to any number of supernatural forces. they were not the same, however. they ranged in power and scope, so i'm unsure why the gnostics feel as if yahweh was a demiurge of the same caliber as the rest of the gods?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I thought you said earlier in the thread that when the Bible talks about the creation of man that it says we were created in the image of elohim, in the general sense. Regardless I still do think there may be a connection with the Norse legends.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by undo

I thought you said earlier in the thread that when the Bible talks about the creation of man that it says we were created in the image of elohim, in the general sense. Regardless I still do think there may be a connection with the Norse legends.

I agree. i think all the earliest legends of the various cultures, derive from the same place, not the same geographical place, but the same historical events were occuring globally, before and after the flood. but it's just a theory. i can't prove it. however, i did some research into the nordic legends a couple years ago, and some of the themes were reallllllly similar, so similar it was kinda hard to differentiate them at times.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm interested to hear your opinion on Ragnarok. To me it seems like it could easily be the Norse account of the Flood and the events surrounding it, as at the end of it all of the giants, dragons, dwarves, etc. were supposed to be wiped out and most of the gods were dead. At the same time however I have found certain parts that seem to fit in with the Apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

I'm interested to hear your opinion on Ragnarok. To me it seems like it could easily be the Norse account of the Flood and the events surrounding it, as at the end of it all of the giants, dragons, dwarves, etc. were supposed to be wiped out and most of the gods were dead. At the same time however I have found certain parts that seem to fit in with the Apocalypse.

Well, that brings up several interesting thoughts. I isolated my study to the Bifröst and Valhalla and it's counterparts, which i don't recall the name of off the top of my head. But if what you're saying is true, that it seems it could be either or (flood or apocalypse), consider that the biblical description of apocalypse also includes a statement that the end times would be as in the days of noah, just prior to the flood, which many believe was characterized by pollution, genetic manipulation, technology and war, and etc.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This Loki guy sure sounds like Enki. The tricky god.
the references to the giants, sometimes sound more mechnical than fleshly.
for example, in some of the ancient american stories, even their little figurines (forget what they're called atm), looked very much like robots. i considered the possibility it was trying to describe beings operating mechanical devices that had legs and arms, like a transformer, but with a biological operator. strange, yeah, but the descriptions were things like "Walking trees." lol

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Cursory reading of Ragnarok, lead me to Fenrir's devouring of the sun. Now this sounds like a massive blackhole to me.

1. he's bound by the gods. the stargates were buried and locked up.

2. his mouth grows so large, he devours the sun (which i'm going to assume for this analogy, is the equivalent of odin who is also devoured)

3. he chases the sun, which sounds as if it may be reference to a gate circling the sun that is opened and malfunctions or something. either that, or a blackhole in the vicinity that has been growing all these years and somehow our scientists missed it.

i'm still working on the references to fenrir's sons.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Here's a little support reference:

According to the Prose Edda, Odin took Loki's three children, Fenrisúlfr, Hel and Jörmungandr. He tossed Jörmungandr into the great ocean that encircles Midgard. The serpent grew so big that he was able to surround the Earth

Okay, Hel definitely sounds like a gate and so does Jormungandr. I think they were confused somewhere along the line and are referring to the same thing,just like people over the years, confused the Abzu as the Abyss as being the sea or ocean, because it was located in the ocean and associated with deep water. So for the purposes of this example, let's assume for now that Hel and Jormungandr are the same thing. This leaves Fenrisulfr, which sounds like a blackhole, so maybe it's a wormhole or huge stargate orbiting the sun.

i mean look at this reference:
Their last meeting will come at Ragnarök, when Jörmungandr will come out of the ocean and poison the sky

That's realllly close to Revelation 9

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I'm interested to hear your opinion on Ragnarok.

The rainbow bridge is a stargate

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm still trying to catch up, but I found it interesting that in Islam there is someone who enters into a well and would return as a Messiah, which is pretty much the exact thing that happens with Odin. He travels to the Well of Mimir, sacrifices his eye, and then drinks from the well to receive the Knowledge of Ages. Interestingly the object used to drink from the well is called the Gjallarhorn which just so happens to be the name of the object used to signal the beginning of Ragnarok.

Another interesting thing about the well is that it is located under Yggdrasil also known as the World Tree, which just so happens to connect the nine worlds together, which certainly fits the description of a star gate. I'm also trying to determine if this could be the same tree as the Tree of Knowledge in Eden as in the Poetic Edda it is once referred to as Mimameid, or Mimir's Tree, and as I think you may have guessed at this point Mimir was a character often associated with wisdom. Also worth noting is that the well is located in the land of the frost giants, also known as the Jötunn. The interesting part is that Jötunn may originally have had the same meaning as glutton or man-eater.
On the topic of the origin of giants there are some interesting similarities with some other religions. The first creature to come into existence was known as Ymir, a huge frost giant. He emerged from Ginnungagap, a kind of primeval chaos, which translates roughly to "seeming emptiness." I believe this could easily be the Norse equivalent to the Abyss. As he slept a son and daughter sprung from his armpits and a six-headed beast sprung from his feet. These then went onto to populate Niflheim, or Mist World, and became the first frost giants. The gods then appeared, claiming descendant from Buri, who there isn't much information on, only really appearing in the Prose Edda. His grandsons, Odin, Vili, and Vé, then killed Ymir (sound reminiscent of Zeus killing the Titans?) Here comes an interesting part. When he was killed his blood flooded Niflheim killing off all but two frost giants who then go on to repopulate their species. It should however be noted that mankind is not created until after this flood, with each of the three brothers giving them something different. Odin gives them life, Vili gives them intelligence and emotion, and Vé gives them sense and speech.

Another thing that stuck out to me about Odin is the ravens he keeps that he sends out everyday to learn what is happening in the world. This seemed strangely reminiscent of the Eye of Ra. Another interesting thing that has been associated with Odin is the Valknut, a symbol that appears in Norse art as three interlocking triangles that appear over warriors in battle and is thought to represent Odin's ability to control a man's mind in battle by either making him fearful or fearless.

So far I've mainly been concentrating my research onto Odin so I don't really know how the other gods may come into play, but I think Loki will be worth looking into next.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
read the rest of my posts above?

i want to also comment on this:
Here comes an interesting part. When he was killed his blood flooded Niflheim

niflheim? sounds like nephilim, doesn't it?
and there's that pesky red water again. wowzers.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by undo]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
After a quick look into Loki I have turned up something interesting if he is indeed the Norse version of Enki. Two of the names he is referred to as are Sky Traveler and Sky Walker. Now in my research of Loki I came across a ship that the dwarves made for Loki, which in turn he bestowed upon Freyr called Skíðblaðnir. It was large enough to hold all of Asgard and could sail over land and sea. I've yet to come across a description of what it was made of.

This has led me to look into Freyr, who was the god of agriculture, weather, and fertility. Legend also cites him as the founder of Sweden and that . At the same time he was given his ship he also received a boar by the name of Gullinbursti. This is the description of that:

Sindri laid a pigskin in the hearth and bade Brokkr blow, and did not cease work until he took out of the hearth that which he had laid therein. But when he went out of the smithy, while the other dwarf was blowing, straightway a fly settled upon his hand and stung: yet he blew on as before, until the smith took the work out of the hearth; and it was a boar, with mane and bristles of gold. ... Then Brokkr brought forward his gifts: ... to Freyr he gave the boar, saying that it could run through air and water better than any horse, and it could never become so dark with night or gloom of the Murky Regions that there should not be sufficient light where he went, such was the glow from its mane and bristles.

It also says that on his way to Baldr's funeral he was pulled in a chariot by the boar.

I have also just come across some very interesting information regarding Odin. Apparently the god Odin may be completely different from the way he is portrayed in the Eddas. In the sagas there are claims that Odin was exiled from Asgard (sound similar to the fallen Angels?) and that up until the Norse period, Odin and Loki may have in fact been the same person. I have also learned that one of Odin's places of residences known as Valaskjálf was constructed completely from silver and from his throne Hliðskjálf he can look into every world. Here is a description of the abode as is found in Grimnismol:

A third home is there, | with silver thatched
By the hands of the gracious gods:
Valaskjolf is it, | in days of old
Set by a god for himself.

Now this brings us to Odin's horse Sleipnir, which is the eight-legged offspring of Loki and a gray stallion. When it was presented to Odin he was told that it was the fastest horse on Earth and could carry Odin through the sky and to and from the land of the dead.

This then brings us back to Yggdrasil and Odin's quest for knowledge. The legend goes that Odin hung himself from Yggdrasil and pierced his side with his lance Gungnir for nine days in a hopes to learn the wisdom to have power in the nine worlds. Along with this one of Odin's other names is Ygg, so Yggdrasil could be translated to mean Odin's horse. The question then must be asked whether Yggdrasil and Sleipnir both referred to star gates, and if so were they one in the same? Also, could Valaskjálf in fact be Enki's Abzu? And finally, what exact role does Odin fill? It certainly beginning to look like he has a lot in common with Enki.

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join