It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
[Mod Edit: Post deleted. Please see Terms and Conditions of Membership for the AboveTopSecret.com Message Board(s) 1f) Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 18/1/08 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kevintorvalds

No, I don't think I could participate in making a purer bible. lol
The best option is to collect all the ancient writings and read all of them.
Get the Apocrypha, the King James, the Pseudigraphia, the Septuagint,
the Vulgate, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Babylonian Talmud, and have at it.

Just remember,where they disagree, there's a good chance the problem is a matter of interpretation and/or cultural trends. As times changed, trends changed, and these could be local or global.

For example, the ancient vedic hindus held women in very low regard. So low, they would kill their female children because sons were more highly prized and females were a burden. Soon there few females left and they began to fight each other over the remaining women. To keep the opposing side from getting access to their women, if they were being invaded, they'd gather all their women (babies, childiren, teenagers, young women, middle-aged women, and old women) and set them on fire so the opposition couldn't have access to them in the event they lost the battle.

This same type of thinking was echoed in all the ancient religions, including the hebrew religion. It was a cultural norm, everywhere up until the time of Christ, where it very gradually began to change..

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I seem to remember quite a few things like this, where you'd have a cultural norm (like the one you referenced) and then it would be ignored and the translation would come out all wonky, making it sound like something magical or out of the ordinary or whatever... in fact, I remember finding some examples of the application of medieval culture to scriptural translations! This is far from acceptable - you can't expect to understand a writing if you attach your own culture, rather than the culture of the language you are translating. And that is why I have a problem with many translated texts today. Most especially the bible - it has been retranslated so many times, and many times translations were filtered through other translations, as in that from the original languages to Latin and from Latin to German, English or what have you.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
well i think this phenomenon can be somewhat alleviated by only reading the words of God or Jesus. Leave out the other readings until you feel you have a firm handle on what it means or meant, and then perhaps branch out into reading other verses.

For example, if you read only what Jesus said and retain it in memory, you'll find several examples where the apostles are talking that you can tell they are referring to local trends, not gospel laws, but personally held opinions and signs of their timeframe. Such as the laws regarding women in the temple. Those were very much Paul's ideas and not Jesus' ideas, at all. In fact, you'll find examples where Jesus refers to the writings of Moses and tries to explain to the jews of his time, that these were simply Moses' attempts to fix a problem and not commandments from God.

People tend to focus on other people with power, thusly why Popes have been so outrageously popular and Kings and Emperors, etc. But that doesn't mean they are correct 100 percent of the time or that every word out of their mouths is directly from God Almighty.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
But that doesn't mean they are correct 100 percent of the time or that every word out of their mouths is directly from God Almighty.

HAHA we know of quite a few who would beg to differ... including some of the previous English monarchs, and in fact our very president George Bush thinks he's God's gift to mankind!

And yes, I agree with what you said about Moses/Jesus, and other instances of this. Not only was much of what the Jewish rabbis enforced made by Moses and subsequent humans, but much of it was taken at face value rather than looking at the reasoning behind it. Like eating pork for instance - it is now widely known that pork that hasn't been well cooked is easy to pick up worms from. And sending a woman outside of the encampment during her period - that's very obviously a sanitary measure, as bodily fluids are the strongest vehicles for disease. Whoever passed down these rules, whether it be God, Moses or someone else, probably knew about these things, but the people didn't, and so instead of going into long dissertations as to why such and such can't be done, or this must be done while you do that, or whatever, they set out very simple rules, and gave them the power of law, so that the people would adhere to them, and thus avoid harm. Then the Rabbis later would take and enforce those laws just for the sake of the power it gave them over the people. Jesus (whether the biblical or peribiblical account) saw that this was happening, and was angered - and thus went about trying to stop it. Many times he was quoted during explanations of WHY a law was in place, rather than just "follow the law because it's the law". Our society today has come to the same thing - we have laws laid out by the government, and most just follow only because it's the law, without having any idea or desire to know WHY the law is there.
grr sorry I find that if I get on a topic, I'll delve far too deeply on one small point of it, and then end up with a full thesis or something on such a small point.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well it is an interesting point!

So this all echoes back to the sumerian writings. We have to treat them the same way we'd treat any other writing. If it it's supported by other texts, especially if those other texts are from a different culture, it's most likely the truth of what was going on. That's how I deal with it. And Jesus is da MAN!
That guy was too hip for his own time!
How anybody could think a bunch of roman guys made him up, is beyond me!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

And Jesus is da MAN!
That guy was too hip for his own time!
How anybody could think a bunch of roman guys made him up, is beyond me!

Many regard him as the first hippie...

Even if he is not seen as a deity, he is still an admirable figure - much more so than any of the "pure, clean, upright" people we uphold today, i.e. Benjamin Franklin (a freemason grandmaster womanizer and overall very dirty man), George Washington (another freemason, and not as wholesome as many make him out to be), etc. If I were to choose any one man to follow, it would have been him... his way of living was definitely far superior to others.

On a previous topic - have you run across anything else on Atlantis, besides Plato's accounts? I'm still wondering if this has anything to do with the Anunnaki - possibly their civilization before mankind showed up here...

I just found this... Nibiru and the Anunnaki which I find interesting to say the least.

[edit on 1/18/2008 by kevintorvalds]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well I think Jesus was an elohim class being in a physical body or God in the flesh, as it is said. There's a very interesting understanding in following this thought, if you read THE DIVINE COUNCIL website I linked and think about how Yeshua (Jesus) would fit into that scenario. The most poignant phrase being "the only begotten son of God." That's a real important point that you knida miss out on complete understanding of till you get the gist of the Divine Council and the interactions between humans and ETs down through the centuries. It's all very interesting.

If you read the whole thread, you'll find examples of bits and pieces of info on Atlantis (unless you already found them?). I know there have been alot of theories but I sincerely believe that if it ever did exist, that it would've been close to Egypt. This particular train of thought came about after reading about the beliefs of some of the ancient american cultures. One in particular made references to a white building with water and all this and it just sounded so much like the Great Pyrmaid with the white limestone still intact, that it took me back a bit. The description was very close to the description of Atlantis as given by plato, and it even had a similar name. Trying to recall what it was... .Maybe you know?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

If you read the whole thread, you'll find examples of bits and pieces of info on Atlantis (unless you already found them?).

Unnnnh.... only on page 13 still... lol so much reading! But all very VERY interesting.
Not sure on the white building, but will look into it

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Start reading here and tell me what you think, read the rest of that page, just so you can get the gist of that theory
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
looks interesting, but I'm crashing due to caffeine and 2 days lack of sleep - I'll read it in a couple hours though.

This all makes me wish I hadn't stopped studying ancient cultures... if I had followed my original dream as a child, I would've been doing this full time!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Undo,
So what your views about reincarnation. Some of the links you have posted either directly or indirectly touch on forced reincarnation or being tricked into reincarnating. The gnostic groups also believed in this too, and that to break the ties of reincarnation it was only through experiencing the baptism of the spirit (i.e. ego death and rebirth through the indwelling of the spirit).

Also, so you are implying the Demiurge's created us, i,e, Annunaki/Elohim, but what about the actual physical realms of everything, i.e. matter? Was this God's doing or a lesser Demiurge???

[edit on 18-1-2008 by dominicus]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I've been looking for literally 17 hours straight trying to find this... I seem to remember something about a large mountainside carved flat, and some sort of code of law or possibly an epic or something of that nature carved into it. It was extremely large. It wasn't pictures - it was all words. This memory is from around the age of 12 or 13 or so, from history class I think. I remember the teacher describing it as some extremely arrogant king wanting to leave his legacy for all to see. Does anyone here know what I am talking about, or do I just have a random fabricated memory floating around in my head? If this was actually real, its text may give some more clues to the content of this thread.
Again, it had no pictures. It was all words. It wasn't the Behistun Inscription, or that picture of civil war cavalry. This was VERY old... for some reason my memories indicate some sort of connection with Gilgamesh - when I read that name, it rang a bell and that was what I remembered.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to give everyone some comments, ideas, and testimony about being a Christian these days even after finding out all the annunaki theories and other theories such as the Bible being used for Populace control and so forth.

I know there are allot of you out there wondering/questioning and perhaps even disgusted by Christians and the the Bible. I would like you to please at least hear me out thus far:

I came from the typical broken house hold, criminal lying cheating father, broken family, got into guns/drugs/sex the crazy life, then realized it's time to see what else is out there spiritually speaking. I was always into eastern philosophies and so forth but by divine intervention I bumped into a friend studying to be a preacher who invited me to go to church, so I went.

I did Bible studies concentrating on the New Testament for 14 months and just kept going at it asking the preacher some of the hardest questions he ever has been asked. Regardless, I believed it and accepted Christ as my savior. The next step was to get baptised.
____
So a couple of weeks later I get baptised. Everything went cool I did it at lake michigan in chicago on a weekend pretty late at night the day before I had to leave town for a short business trip.

Aproximately 5 weeks after the baptism it all started. Enlightenment. I could see, hear, feel, and taste the spiritual realms around me and saw and heard beings, had to cast out evil spirits. I went through Ego death and felt like I was practically reborn all over again.

I had this Love in me for complete strangers and even if I don't know you I would sacrifice my own life just to save yours and give you everything I own if you need it. Regardless, when I started bringing these things up to local churches and preachers they knew not what I was going through.

I instinctively knew I had to start meditation and it was during these times I experienced Illumination of an inner light and could see through the Illusion.

It was after all these experiences, many of which still occur to this day, that I knew and know that Jesus is the real thing cause he promised this Indwelling of the Spirit and enlightenment and I had recieved it.

However, whenever I looked back into the Old Testament I always found things I didn't like and things that just didn't make sense and so on. It was these ideas that lead me to ther Demiurge/Annunaki philosophies of the Gnostic and this whole thread ties directly into that.

I couldn't discount the sumerian, hindu, dogon, and american indian accounts of stuff that happened alongside the Bible the way super hard core Bible thumpers do.

I guess I just wanted to say that even though there are some questionable things going on primarily in the Old Testament, the words of Jesus and he himself are still real and he has power and did what he says he did. He promises anyone that walks with him and follows his steps will recieve this Spirit that gives you ego death and enlightenment and I recieved all of that so there is no way I can ever dismiss Jesus.

I don't mean to hijack this thread or to be a preacher or Bible thumper, just simply that even with all of these possible alternative secrets and timelines being uncovered, you can still be a Christian because the change and the power that comes with being one is still very real, not to mention when you die your automatically protected from any possible trickery of being reincarnated or any other shananigans that may go on in the hereafter.

If I have offended you in anyway to anyone who reads this, I apologize and I will not post again unless anyone has questions about the enlightenment I have been blessed with and how it can correspond with Undo's original post.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

No problem at all.

Nice to hear other people's viewpoints on these topics or related topics.
You had asked about reincarnation. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. I try to keep most of my research confined to things I can prove with text, and reincarnation has arguments both for and against it that are equally convincing. When that happens, I try to take a neutral position unless I have personal evidence of my own. I'm inclined to think that we may pick up on other people's experiences as a form of knowledge of the past, rather than having actually done those things ourselves, but I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Not the Code of Hammurabi?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Not the Code of Hammurabi?
en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe... if so, then it is probably a mental distortion of a written description. But for some reason I remember a very large cliff, and it looked very much like that picture of the Code of Hammurabi, except carved in very large scale into a mountain.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think that if you're searching for information about the government's current connections with stargates, the Anunnaki, etc. a good place to look is Washington, D.C. - our nation's capitol. There's already a whole thread on that, which references a lot of it: Secret Architecture of Washington D.C.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I am blown away by the ideals, facts and pure research found within this thread. I've only read 20 or so pages of it and already have a headache. A good one similar to a weightlifter sore after 12 hrs. of workout.

As I said I haven't finished my read so withhold any questions till a later date as this thred has obviously kept you busy.

I felt a need to interject and say I am only recently becoming a student of history of civilization, and have only kept to the studies of scientific history, as it keeps in tune with my current career in construction and metalurgy. The facts are amazing for they have some great scientific relevance.

I don't want to drag on about it but in quantum mechanics these possibilities are scientific truths as far as the way the universe functions I hope I'm not getting you off track in saying the scientific correlations need to be specified within this thread. Again as I havent read the entirity of it they maybe. The correlations I see were first recognized by my reasearch into Einstein while he was studing the nature light and it's functionality.

His assertion starts with the fact light travels in ways no other wave travels through space and time that it travels at the same speed as electricity or electromagnitism but carries with it photon particles, possibly making time travel or quantum leaps possible,as it travels theoretically through mutiple layers of existence. This work may have been what ultimately drove him crazy in the end of his life.

Just curious if any reasearch was done in this area, by you.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
here's a blurb from my third e-book (incomplete)

Over the last few decades, there has been quite a bit of debate over whether such a wormhole is physically possible. The amount of energy to sustain it, physicists argued, would be too immense and the passageway would collapse on itself in micro-seconds. However, in the last 5 years, the original arguments have been met with new findings, such as this one, reported in BBC News on April 12, 2000:

According to Sergei Krasnikov of the Pulkovo Observatory in St Petersburg, the new wormhole can create its own abundant supply of exotic matter. This way, the wormhole would be big enough and could stay open long enough for people to use.[2]

"What's new is that this wormhole actually generates enough to make it arbitrarily large," says Krasnikov who works at the Laboratory of Stellar Physics.

In 2005, a new argument arose against practical wormhole usage, but was immediately contested:

Calculations by the Oregon researchers show a wormhole that combines exotic matter with semi-classical space-time would be fundamentally unstable.

"We aren't saying you can't build a wormhole. But the ones you would like to build - the predictable ones where you can say Mr Spock will land in New York at 2pm on this day - those look like they will fall apart," Dr Hsu said. [...]

However, there is still support for the idea of traversable wormholes in the scientific community. One physicist told BBC News there could be problems with Hsu's and Buniy's conclusions. [...]

"Violations of the null energy condition are known to occur in a number of situations. And their argument would prohibit any violation of it," the scientist commented. [...]

The underlying physics of wormholes was not in doubt, the researcher argued. The real challenge was in explaining how to engineer wormholes big enough to be of practical use. [3]

2 news.bbc.co.uk...
3 news.bbc.co.uk...

Thanks to Zorgon from thelivingmoon.com... for these links

Traversable Wormholes for Air Force Research Laboratories
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Here's a teleportation physics study
www.thelivingmoon.com...

[edit on 23-1-2008 by undo]

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join