It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Wow, new reply dialog script went into action in the middle of my post...
thought i was lost there for a minute...

I agree regarding the catholic dates... they were tainted for religious agendas..
but look at the hindu religious texts (vatsayana?)... and start connecting the dots...
lots of parallels.

good luck, and hope to see more of your research.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Wow, new reply dialog script went into action in the middle of my post...
thought i was lost there for a minute...

I agree regarding the catholic dates... they were tainted for religious agendas..
but look at the hindu religious texts (vatsayana?)... and start connecting the dots...
lots of parallels.

good luck, and hope to see more of your research.

You should probably read this entire thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Re the elongated heads: As I recall from my art history courses, Egyptian art was very stylized. The Egyptians certainly didn't have ropy, rounded fingers although they're drawn and sculpted that way. Nor is Tut's skull abnormally long. There's lots of humans (just look at the picture of Egyptians and Africans) with skulls that look very much like that.

There's no evidence that the super-long skull sculpture is anything but a stylized version that they thought was beautiful. Kind of like Barbie dolls -- they're appealing to a number of folks, but if you saw a human actually SHAPED like that, they would be a complete freak.

Each of the Middle Eastern cultures had distinct art styles that changed as tastes changed. But until you find a skull that's just like that sculpture, don't assume it was a reality.

On a related point:

Whoever pointed out the crown thing -- I sure hope you weren't trying to imply that the bulge in the double crown was to emulate or hide a long skull! The shapes of the Egyptian crowns are well known and there's about a dozen or so that we were shown when I studied that. The heads of the wearers were all normal.

There's crowns in museums, you know. They're pretty conclusively shaped for a normally proportioned head.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMP
Why haven't stargates been discovered before by some mild manor academic person by accident? I'm sure the places in your research have been regularly visited and extensively excavated. It seems to me the odds are astronomical for one not to be found and made public with multiple gates existing in the world.

That's what I'd like to know!

Besides, governments are VERY bad at keeping secrets. Ditto secret organizations (real ones like the Yakuza and the Mafia.) We have governments that can't keep details of their spy programs out of the hands of the news reporters and politicians who for revenge will blab the names of an undercover agent.

You're right -- there aren't any confirming voices from prominent public figures that I've ever seen. I've seen a few "anonymous cowards" who could be anything form a high school kid with a lot of spare time on their hands to a psychotic mental patient claim to be Important People with Knowledge, but I have yet to see any of them stand in front of a real reporter and name names or give real evidence!

Good question!

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I did some research to find out what was happening, since the skull of inbreeding is microcephalic and not elongated. According to the information, the researchers believe the elongation of "egyptian" skulls is the result of INTERbreeding (not inbreeding). They found the size equally unexplainable and had to borrow a different culture/race for interbreeding to explain it, although the culture/race was not named in the Abstract, which you can read here:
lib.stat.cmu.edu...

Current Afro-american skull
www.innercity.org...

More African Skulls
news.bbc.co.uk...

www.evolutionnyc.com...

www.skullsunlimited.com...

It fits in with the ancient texts as well, to assume these skulls are the results of the "gods" interbreeding with humans.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
I did some research to find out what was happening, since the skull of inbreeding is microcephalic and not elongated. According to the information, the researchers believe the elongation of "egyptian" skulls is the result of INTERbreeding (not inbreeding). They found the size equally unexplainable and had to borrow a different culture/race for interbreeding to explain it, although the culture/race was not named in the Abstract, which you can read here:
lib.stat.cmu.edu...

Uhm, no offense, here, but that's not an abstract. That's a textbook on statistics that's online and that is one of the "story problems." There's no such paper out there. It's a textbook example problem.

There's been a lot of papers written about Egyptian skulls. This one from 1967 (half a century and more ago) talks about the subgroups and the mixing of races on the first page:
links.jstor.org...

This one (published in 1996) talks about the inbreeding producing a stereotyped skull pattern in the elite buried at Naqada:
www3.interscience.wiley.com...

1992 - more studies saying that the skull shapes were the results of one cultural group (race) moving into another area :

They did a whole bunch of these studies from 1921-1971, so there's tons of data on the skull measurements. Many of these studies compared the skulls (see above) with skulls from other regions. The time-series shows that the skulls in one area change as travelers from another area move in and breed.

It fits in with the ancient texts as well, to assume these skulls are the results of the "gods" interbreeding with humans.

Only if you think of the Nubians as gods. I think of them as people, personally.

Anyway, if they were interbreeding with the Annunaki, then they would have developed nice round heads and not elongated ones. The gods of that area don't have long, deformed skulls.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
aha! There's the message I originally wanted to comment on!

Have you ever wondered why the ancient people seemed to place so much emphasis on first borns? Did you know it was the tradition of the nephilim kings, to impregnate the brides of their kingdoms on the night before their weddings?

Actually, the only ones who practiced the "droit du seigneur" were the European feudal kings and nobles. en.wikipedia.org...

It's mostly legend.

This was apparently one of the charges leveled against Gilgamesh in the myth; a practice that the gods ("annunaki") put an end to. By Sargon's time there was quite a set of laws and fines for taking someone's wife:
ehistory.osu.edu...

Who was the eldest was important only in deciding who ruled and who inherited what (and it was "eldest surviving." There was no point in making the "firstborn" significant if the firstborn didn't live more than a few years.) There's some magical significance (in Europe) to the "seventh son" (lots of old songs about this) but nothing terribly important about the firstborn unless there were twins and both survived.

See the Biblical story of Jacob and Esau for reference: www.bartleby.com...

Nor did Pharoah practice this. Pharoah had willing women around him (from priestesses to the female members of his family, including his own mother) -- as well as willing male members of his family.

So I think you've somehow got Dark Ages/Middle Ages European legend mixed up in there.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by Indellkoffer]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

lib.stat.cmu.edu...

Uhm, no offense, here, but that's not an abstract. That's a textbook on statistics that's online and that is one of the "story problems." There's no such paper out there. It's a textbook example problem.

There's been a lot of papers written about Egyptian skulls. This one from 1967 (half a century and more ago) talks about the subgroups and the mixing of races on the first page:
links.jstor.org...

This one (published in 1996) talks about the inbreeding producing a stereotyped skull pattern in the elite buried at Naqada:

1992 - more studies saying that the skull shapes were the results of one cultural group (race) moving into another area :

They did a whole bunch of these studies from 1921-1971, so there's tons of data on the skull measurements. Many of these studies compared the skulls (see above) with skulls from other regions. The time-series shows that the skulls in one area change as travelers from another area move in and breed.

Only if you think of the Nubians as gods. I think of them as people, personally.

Anyway, if they were interbreeding with the Annunaki, then they would have developed nice round heads and not elongated ones. The gods of that area don't have long, deformed skulls.

The first one you linked says: "Egypt has been subject to numerous infiltrations, contacts and colonisations, but to what extent newcomers contributed to the gene pool is not clear."

It sounds like whether the other is a text book example or not, they are reaching the same conclusions.

The second one says: "A biological affinities study based on frequencies of cranial nonmetric traits in skeletal samples from three cemeteries at predynastic Naqada, Egypt, confirms the results of a recent nonmetric dental morphological analysis. Both cranial and dental traits analyses indicate that the individuals buried in a cemetery characterized archaeologically as high status are significantly different from individuals buried in two other, apparently nonelite cemeteries and that the nonelite samples are not significantly different from each other."

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. These are the experts and you're claiming they are saying the skulls are normal. Or you personally believe they are normal?

[edit on 9-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
aha! There's the message I originally wanted to comment on!

Actually, the only ones who practiced the "droit du seigneur" were the European feudal kings and nobles.

The problem is you're assuming the ancient texts were all fabrications. You're basing that assumption on three hundred years or so of engrained belief of the German High Critics, who basically decided if its an old text, and if it mentions a supernatural force, it must be a fabrication, a fairy tale, a myth. I disagree. I think the ancient texts are historical. You don't. And there's the rub.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I also believe the ancient texts are historical. I put more faith in them than all of the "rewrites" of the bible.

I think if undo was just trying to make a buck here she would have bowed to the pressure by now. Real stargates or not, she is putting a hell of a lot of effort into researching this subject and in my opinion she's doing a great job of it so far.
It's mostly theory and logical deduction at this point, but I think she's making a good case for the possibility of stargates.

Keep on keepin' on undo!

Edited grammatical error

[edit on 3/9/2006 by Beer_Guy]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Oh and I should add, that Gilgamesh was also fond of the first born thing so it isn't isolated to Europe. It all over mesopotamia and from the looks of it, Egypt as well.. I've always wondered why Herod, Jehovah and etc, killed first borns, specifically. Think about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
I also believe the ancient texts are historical. I put more faith in them than all of the "rewrites" of the bible.

I think if undo was just trying to make a buck here she would have bowed to the pressure by now. Real stargates or not, she is putting a hell of a lot of effort into researching this subject and in my opinion she's doing a great job of it so far.
It's mostly theory and logical deduction at this point, but I think she's making a good case for the possibility of stargates.

Keep on keepin' on undo!

Edited grammatical error

[edit on 3/9/2006 by Beer_Guy]

Thanks, Beer_Guy. I think the bible has been put together from ancient oral histories. It serves an invaluable purpose in more ways than one. Let me give you an example:

In the King James Version of the bible it says that God was going to destroy the "images of the egyptians." When I looked up the original hebrew, it was "mastabas"! That's not the word for images, that's what they called pyramids in their time, although technically it was a forerunner of the pyramids, a bench style burial plot, which egyptologists theorize was the basis for pyramids (a mastaba on top of a mastaba on top of a mastaba).

The question to ask here is, if that did indeed happen, there may be demolished pyramids out there, buried in the desert sands of Egypt!

[edit on 9-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Anyway, somewhere along the line, the original story of Enki's E.ABZU (the floating/flying/talking/roaring palace) was mingled with Egyptian tales about Ra, the sun god. How this particular confusion happened, I'm not yet certain. In the meantime, consider these words as presented by egyptologist, E. A. Wallis Budge:

Be this as it may, it seems that the "self-created and self-begotten" god Ra had been ruling over mankind for a very long time, for his subjects were murmuring against him, and they were complaining that he was old, that his bones were like silver, his body like gold, and his hair like lapis-lazuli.

--

You can see echoes of the description of Enki's E.Abzu in the bolded part of the sentence. His bones were like silver: et.al, the interior is silver. His body like gold: et.al, the outside was covered in a gold colored metal. And his hair like lapis-lazuli: et.al, decorations, lights, designs in blue color perhaps?

I bring this up because this is an opening quote made by Budge in regards to the Legend of Re and Hathor. The opening paragraphs are equally interesting, for example:

"The legend takes us back to the time when the gods of Egypt went about in the country, and mingled with men and were thoroughly acquainted with their desires and needs. The king who reigned over Egypt was Ra, the Sun-god" [...]

"When Ra heard these murmurings he ordered his bodyguard to summon all the gods who had been with him in the primeval World-ocean, and to bid them privately to assemble in the Great House, which can be no other than the famous temple of Heliopolis."

----

The interesting part about these particular quotes is the reference to the Primeval World-Ocean (this is the Abzu, the Abyss, the Bottomless Pit, the Star Gate) and the Great House, which no doubt is the E.ABZU, where the Abzu gate was located.

The Egyptian story is speaking of the exploits of the Anunnaki! What happens next is very interesting:

"When Ra entered the Great Temple, the gods made obeisance to him, and took up their positions on each side of him, and informed him that they awaited his words. Addressing Nu, the personification of the World-ocean, Ra bade them to take notice of the fact that the men and women whom his Eye had created were murmuring against him. He then asked them to consider the matter and to devise a plan of action for him, for he was unwilling to slay the rebels without hearing what his gods had to say. In reply the gods advised Ra to send forth his Eye to destroy the blasphemers, for there was no eye on earth that could resist it, especially when it took the form of the goddess Hathor. Ra accepted their advice and sent forth his Eye in the form of Hathor to destroy them, and, though the rebels had fled to the mountains in fear, the Eye pursued them and overtook them and destroyed them. Hathor rejoiced in her work of destruction, and on her return was praised by Ra, for what she had done.

The slaughter of men began at Suten-henen (Herakleopolis), and during the night Hathor waded about in the blood of men. Ra asserted his intention of being master of the rebels, and this is probably referred to in the Book of the Dead, Chapter XVII., in which it is said that Ra rose as king for the first time in Suten-henen. Osiris also was crowned at Suten-henen, and in this city lived the great Bennu bird, or Phoenix, and the "Crusher of Bones" mentioned in the Negative Confession.

-----

In the actual story, Ra first sends his Eye which seeks out the hidden places, then he sends his Eye in the form of Hathor, who does the same thing. This is obviously a mixture of concepts. Somewhere in that story is a further description of what happened before the flood. Read the story here:

www.africawithin.com...

[edit on 10-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
undo

your research and apparent indepth knowledge of this topic is impressive. how long have you been researching this topic? i'm fascinated by this and just curious as to how long it has taken you to gain this depth of knowledge. its mind boggling.

i fully appreciate your dedication to this topic and your patient answers to the pages of questions posted to you.

i'm just curious as to your background and how your interest was piqued to get involved in this subject?? is your background in anthropology, archaeology, ancient civilisations or what? are we reading an entire lifetimes research from you?

i've always been fascinated by the ancient civilisations.............more so than my own country's history (bad for me i know) but your wealth of knowledge not just on stargates but on the entire subject of the ancients is so detailed.

thanks much for your contributions and i look forward to seeing more information from you. i have the links to your books but haven't been out to read them yet. saving that for the weekend

angie

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Undo, you think the Annunaki are the one and the same as the Elohim? (Plural and not singular like it has been translated) I think they are one and the same, it is a shame that the true history of the world has been clouded by dogma and fanaticism, but I believe sometime in the future people, or at least some, will come to understand and see the truth of the ancient history of Earth.

Ancient texts, such as the Vedic scriptures, describe how the Gods gave technology and even vimanas to ancient man, they misused this knowledge and brought humanity back to 0 as they used atomic weapons against each other. I wonder if we will make the same mistakes once again.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by amb1063
undo

your research and apparent indepth knowledge of this topic is impressive. how long have you been researching this topic? i'm fascinated by this and just curious as to how long it has taken you to gain this depth of knowledge. its mind boggling.

i fully appreciate your dedication to this topic and your patient answers to the pages of questions posted to you.

i'm just curious as to your background and how your interest was piqued to get involved in this subject?? is your background in anthropology, archaeology, ancient civilisations or what? are we reading an entire lifetimes research from you?

i've always been fascinated by the ancient civilisations.............more so than my own country's history (bad for me i know) but your wealth of knowledge not just on stargates but on the entire subject of the ancients is so detailed.

thanks much for your contributions and i look forward to seeing more information from you. i have the links to your books but haven't been out to read them yet. saving that for the weekend

angie

thanks
Though I loved my humanities teacher and world religions classes, I was actually majoring in medicine, natural medicine, to be exact. But I have been studying biblical texts for many years. It's only been the last two or three, that I've branched out into studying the various world religions in depth. I did spend about a year studying ancient Egypt, but I don't think I retained it. I still have to look up sources, quote, and so forth. And I definitely couldn't translate hieroglyphics or cuneiform.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Undo, you think the Annunaki are the one and the same as the Elohim? (Plural and not singular like it has been translated) I think they are one and the same, it is a shame that the true history of the world has been clouded by dogma and fanaticism, but I believe sometime in the future people, or at least some, will come to understand and see the truth of the ancient history of Earth.

Ancient texts, such as the Vedic scriptures, describe how the Gods gave technology and even vimanas to ancient man, they misused this knowledge and brought humanity back to 0 as they used atomic weapons against each other. I wonder if we will make the same mistakes once again.

Actually, the usage of the word Elohim in that instance (there's a thorough treatment on this topic by a linguist and scholar of the ancient languages), is a reference to the supreme God or the God of the gods. He's having a conversation with the gods, who are the elohim (minor gods or angels or anunnaki, as it were).

I agree with your references to the vimanas, although the texts seem to indicate the gods and their hybrid offspring were the culprits, as humans were mere slaves and the occassional dinner.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
More info:

Egyptologists theorize that the Osirieon at Abydos, Egypt, was a model of the Primeval Abyss and the Primeval mountain rising out of the Abyss.

www.phouka.com...
www.phouka.com...

This primeval abyss and mountain they refer to, was in fact, Enki's E.Abzu and Abzu. It wasn't a fictitious place at all, and in fact, is evidenced in the ancient cylinder seals that predate ancient Egypt's civilization. In the Legend of Ra and Hathor, are traces of the antediluvian knowledge regarding Enki's "ziggurat" and the Abzu, that Nimrod brought to Egypt.

The question is, where was the mistake in the translation: Were the historical accounts mixed together and to what degree? Did someone improperly translate the egyptian hieroglyphics? What exactly happened in the past to cause these two accounts to become so entangled or appear to be so entangled? Did the ancient egyptians make ancient technology, spacecraft and their pilots into personifications and deifications?

It appears at some level they did! It doesn't discount Ra (Re)'s existence, but it does hint that he and the structure the "Great House" were combined into one element, just as his eye and Hathor as his eye, were combined into one element. Originally, however, I'm guessing they were separate things entirely!

[edit on 10-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Do you think the Egyptians ever actually had a stargate, or were they just recreating the symbology of Enki's ziggurat? Maybe trying to entice the gods back?

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Do you think the Egyptians ever actually had a stargate, or were they just recreating the symbology of Enki's ziggurat? Maybe trying to entice the gods back?

It's a toss up at this point. Perhaps antediluvian? I'm having trouble finding anyone who will agree on the age of the Osirieon or the Great Pyramid, so it's really up in the air at this point. I think they are both very ancient, and were claimed when they were rennovated.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join