It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
well i tried a little sleuthing a few months back and found that they were from John Hopkins University. So I checked out the Egyptology department there, to see who the head egyptologist was and sent him an email, inquiring as to who in the department might have written the original screenplay. No response.

I don't think they'll take that too seriously. I highly doubt the persons involved with the theory ever made it official. Afraid to be ridiculed and lose their positions.

Btw Undo. I don't suppose you'd be wanting to chat sometime?

uhm and you might want to reread my last post.. I added erm.. a "little" with an edit

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
oooo I found something interesting while trying to find more about the theory behind the movie.

Not directly connected but this is the first doctoral, serious research into alternate history I've come across:

some excerpts: (----- denotes cuts)

Dr. LaViolette's findings open a new doorway to the interpretation of our ancient past. Aided by his background in general system theory and physics, he was able to successfully decipher the lost science said to be encoded in the lores of the Tarot and astrology.

He has found that the first 11 major arcana of the Tarot and the 12 signs of the zodiac both use symbolic metaphor to present an advanced science of matter and energy creation.

He has shown that the systems-genesis concepts they encode were discovered by modern science only in the last 40 years.

He is also the first to discover that this same advanced creation science is metaphorically encoded in certain ancient creation myths from various parts of the world.

* * Egypt: the myth of Atum, the passion of Osiris.
* * Greece: the Olympian creation myth, Plato's story of Atlantis, the myth of Castor and Pollux.
* * Near East: the Babylonian creation myth about Marduk and Tiamat, the Sumerian creation myth about An and Ki, the Phoenician myth about Adonis and Aphrodite.
* * India: the Vishnu creation myth.
* * New Zealand: the story of Rangi and Pappa.
* * China: the I Ching.

Also Dr. LaViolette has discovered the scientific meanings of ancient Egyptian symbols such as the ankh, djed pillar, tyet, and aker sphinx; and of the Hindu symbol of Shiva Nataraja.

He also has found new evidence embedded in an ancient Egyptian text that supports the belief that ancient Magi performed initiation rites into the Osirian mysteries by entering an underground labyrinth accessed through the breast of the Sphinx.

Furthermore, in the area of archeology and archaeoastronomy, Dr. LaViolette is the first to discover and decode a scientifically advanced time-capsule message concealed in the lore of the zodiac and which utilizes a cryptographic key-and-check mechanism to facilitate cross-cultural transmission of its encoded knowledge.

He found that this cipher describes the Galactic and solar cause of the legendary global catastrophe that decimated civilization at the end of the last ice age and that gave rise to numerous myths about the darkening of the luminaries, burning of the Earth, and occurrence of a great flood.
------
He is the first to decipher the 13,865 B.C. date encoded in the Scorpius-Sagittarius zodiac constellations and in the Dendera ceiling zodiac.

Also he is the first to work out the significance of the 10,700 B.C. date encoded in the Giza pyramid complex, the Beth-Alpha Synagogue mosaic, and in the ancient Greek myth of Astraea.
-----
He is currently president of The Starburst Foundation, an interdisciplinary scientific research institute. He has served as a solar energy consultant for the UN, Greek government, and Club of Rome Goals for Mankind Project and has also consulted Fortune 500 companies on ways of stimulating innovation.

Research he conducted at Harvard School of Public Health led him to invent an improved pulsation dampener for air sampling pumps. Related work led him to develop an improved life-support rebreather apparatus for protection against hazardous environments and for which he received two patents.

-source: www.earthchangestv.com...

I've seen his name pop up several times in google, interesting I'll look for him specifically later.

The thing that strikes me about him (in contrast to usual people involved in such theories and so on) is he seems to have a good down to earth track record aswell. like inventing a better rebreather.

but like I said I find him interesting and will look for him later.

back to trying to find out who the student was behind stargate's story

[edit on 31-3-2007 by David2012]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
somewhere around here (not sure it's in this thread), i developed another theory relating to Enlil's stargate. The theory basically states that Enki's stargate was closed during the Tower of Babel fiasco, and that Nimrod (Osiris) and his entourage tried to salvage the situation by loading Enlil's gate on a boat at Nippur, sailing it down the river, doing their little trek via water route over to Egypt, etc etc, and eventually settling at Abydos, where the "Osirieon" Abzu was built to house the gate. When Nimrod/Osiris died, as described in part on the Shabaka Stone, his body was sent through the Osirieon Abzu gate and the entire thing was buried and forgotten. It stayhidden there until Seti I found the OSirieon while excavating for his own temple. Inspired by the find but not knowing how it worked, he had his scribes pen the Book of the Gates, which was the first time it was seen in egyptian history. He then had them carve the entirety of it on his alabaster sarcophagus, which was placed in his burial chamber in the Valley of the Kings.

If this theory is correct, there's a gate out there, somewhere, that has nothing to do with the Eridu gate (Enki's gate at Babel) . There's several possibilities of where it might have gone, if indeed it was ever there:

1. Isis/Inana had it moved following the death of Osiris
2. It's still there, in the Osirieon, buried under the structure
3. Seti I had it moved to his tomb in the Valley of the Kings and it either was a) buried in that last tunnel that descends below the water table past his sarcophagus, or b) was found when Seti I's tomb was discovered and Giovanni Battista Belzoni or Henry Salt made off with it.
4. Someone else found it either before Seti I, or after Seti I (but prior to Belzoni/Salt) and they made off with it.
5. Someone else found it after Belzoni/Salt, in that descending corridor that goes below the water table, past Seti I's sarcophagus, and made off with it. (this corridor, although it goes below the water table, has hieroglyphs that continue down into the water, however the tunnel, according to officialdom, has not been fully excavated),
6. Someone else found it in the Osirieon, sometime after Seti I. Possible suspects could be any one of several people who discovered and rediscovered the Osirieon over the years (it's been rediscovered at least 3 times): either by Strabo, Flinders Petrie and Margaret Murray, or Henry Frankfort.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by undo]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
u said-
The ancient Hindus and some of the Buddhists, said the only way to access the upper levels of heaven was via Mt. Meru (also called Mt. Sumeru)

well, im a hindu and have never heard anyone speaking that there is a way to access the upper levels of heaven via any mt meru or anything.

i am not saying what you have is wrong but that the hindus never believed in any such thing ever.

[edit on 1-4-2007 by psychicxperience]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
psychic,

i got it from here:

In the center of the ocean are seven golden mountain ranges forming concentric squares with seven fresh water seas in between. At the center of these seven golden mountain ranges is a large mountain called Mt. Sumeru. On the slopes of Mt. Sumeru and above it are the various heavenly realms which become more rarefied the higher one goes. The inhabited world is divided into three major realms: desire, form, and formlessness. The realm of desire extends from the lowest hell all the way up to the 6th heaven. The realm of form consists of 17 more rarefied heavens which rise above and beyond the realm of desire. Above these heavens are the four heavens of the formless realm. Everything from the vast wind disk at the very bottom of this structure all the way up to the first three heavens of the realm of form make up what is known as a Mt. Sumeru world because Mt. Sumeru forms its centerpiece. According to this ancient cosmological system, our world is one of countless such Mt. Sumeru worlds. The higher heavens preside over increasingly huge numbers of Mt. Sumeru worlds. In this system, our Mt. Sumeru world is known as the Saha World, which means "The world of endurance" because there is so much suffering which must be endured by the sentient beings who live here undergoing samsara, the constant cycle of birth and death.

nichirenscoffeehouse.net...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
yes i also believe...its not unthinkeble....just a device that uses technlogy to transfer ur body to a far far place like a long range a teleporter....who sayd stargates should be exactly like in the movis

still if stargates gain acces to the public then its gonna be like one episode of sg-1 stargates everywhere like elevetars or buss....just a cool form of transport[:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
yes i also believe...its not unthinkeble....just a device that uses technlogy to transfer ur body to a far far place like a long range a teleporter....who sayd stargates should be exactly like in the movis

still if stargates gain acces to the public then its gonna be like one episode of sg-1 stargates everywhere like elevetars or buss....just a cool form of transport[:

Well that's my theory. The idea that it might be similar in appearance to the one in the movie and TV show is both supported and not supported. For example, there's an old akkadian artwork depicting the figure of Enki inside his beloved Abzu, which is depicted as a door or gate, like a rectangular door, with steps going up inside of it and water flowing around the perimeter of the door frame. On either side of the gate, are posted two guardian like figures which are similar in concept to the cherubim who guarded the gates of the garden of Eden and the scorpion men who guarded the gates of paradise in the Epic of Gilgamesh. I think that's a star gate.

Later, in egyptian hieroglyphics regarding the afterlife of the dead, upon entering the "portals of the Lords of Eternity", it was occassionally depicted as a round gate mounted on a boat, which was itself, sailing on the river of the sky. It was here I thought might be a past memory of Enlil's gate being transported via boat from Nibru (Nippur) to Abydos Egypt following the destruction of the Tower of Babel and the closing of Abzu gate at Eridu (Babel).

[edit on 1-4-2007 by undo]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Also, I find it interesting that the Tibetans beleive that they are the offspring of a monkey and a goddess. According to one lama, the Tibetans came from the union of Avalokiteshvara and Tara. At that time there were no people on Earth, only monkeys so the lord of compassion, Avalokiteshvara, took a birth as the king of the monkeys. He was teaching them on that level but their enlightenment was taking a long time. Tara, whose name also means the "Swift One" took pity and decided to speed up the process so basically mated with Avalokiteshvara (in the form of a monkey) and that's how the Tibetans and all humans came to be so now it was easier to teach the Dharma. His exact words were: "We are all monkeys", meaning all humans not just the Tibetans.

At the time I thought that it was odd that everyone else thinks that god created us and here they are running around so modern and in step with the Evolution.

In light of my recent research of the past year or so into the "Intervention Theory" that old story bears a new meaning.

[edit on 1-4-2007 by tungus]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tungus
Also, I find it interesting that the Tibetans beleive that they are the offspring of a monkey and a goddess. According to one lama, the Tibetans came from the union of Avalokiteshvara and Tara. At that time there were no people on Earth, only monkeys so the lord of compassion, Avalokiteshvara, took a birth as the king of the monkeys. He was teaching them on that level but their enlightenment was taking a long time. Tara, whose name also mean the "Swift One" took pity and decided to speed up the process so basically mated with Avalokiteshvara (in the form of a monkey) and that's how the Tibetans and all humans came to be so now it was easier to teach the Dharma. His exact words were: "We are all monkeys", meaning all humans not just the Tibetans.

At the time I thought that it was odd that everyone else think that god created us and here they are running around so modern and in step with the Evolution.

In light of my recent research of the past year or so into the "Intervention Theory" that old story bears a new meaning.

I'm still not terribly fond of the monkey theory. But to be fair, can you link me up to that info, the Tibetan info, that is?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BouvrE
very interesting material. but is this stargate and/or ancient sumer have any relation to the city of atlantis?

Oops sorry missed this one...

No I do not think so... I lean towards the gate to Atlantis being under the ice in Antarctica... there have been several possible gateway locations identified so far... though some of the ancient writings point to the fact that they may actually be one... too soon to tell

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I'm still not terribly fond of the monkey theory. But to be fair, can you link me up to that info, the Tibetan info, that is?

I was just telling the story the way I heard it. I couldn't find exactly my rendering on the web but I found something, although the roles are reversed, meaning Avalokiteshvara (the male) is the one mating with an ogress...

In any case, we have an animal creature being "upgraded" by sort of divine intervention.

"A second origin myth asserts that Tibetan people descended from a male
monkey. The monkey, an incarnate of the "Compassionate Spirit" deity
Avalokitesvara, met and married a mountain ogress. Eventually,
Avalokitesvara and the mountain ogress proudced six offspring. The
"hybrid monkeys"
resembled Avalokitesvara. Over time, the Tibetan descendants of these
six offspring gradually lost any
remaining animal features. Tibetan people trace certain characteristics
of modern humans to Avalokitesvara and the mountain ogress. People who
are "merciful, intelligent, [. . .] sensitive and do not talk more than
necesary" inherited such traits from Avalokitesvara. Meanwhile, those
Tibetans that are "red-faced, fond of sinful pursuits, and very
stuboorn" resemble the mountain ogress (Shakabpa 5). Adherents to the
monkey origin myth rely on ancient documents discovered in a Lhasa
temple by Atisha, an Indian scholar. The myth documents claimed to have
been written "according to tradition during the reign of Songsten Gampo
in the seventh century" by a scholar named Shankara Pati. (Shakabpa 5)."

www.tibet.ca...

In this one from Wikipedia, we have the monkey banging a rock and it's even wilder, this is news to me:

"Mythological origins
The first Tibetan king, Nyatri Tsanpo (Wylie: Gnya'-khri-btsan-po), is supposed to have descended from the sky, or immigrated to Tibet from India. Because of his strange physical features such as having webbed hands, and eyes which close from below, he is supposed to have been greeted by the locals as a god. The king remained connected to the heavens with a rope and rather than dying ascended the same rope again.

The legendary King Drigum Tsenpo (Dri-gum-brtsan-po) provoked his groom Longam (Lo-ngam) to fight with him, and during the fight the King's heaven-cord was cut, he was also killed. Drigum Tsenpo and subsequent kings left corpses and were buried.[3]

In a later myth, first attested in the Maṇi bka' 'bum the Tibetan people are the progeny of the union of a monkey and rock ogress. The Monkey in fact a manifestation of the bodhisattva Avalokiteśvara (Tib. Spyan-ras-gzigs) and the ogress in fact the goddess Tara (Tib. 'Grol-ma)."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by David2012

Emmerich and Devlin.....

I know more detailed info used to be online at the time.
It might be on archives.org but since I dn't remember the urls from so long ago and archives doesn't have a search feature (which I don't get) .....

Well you can trust me on that there was a real lawsuit and it was settled out of court. I'm guessing both those peopel wanted to remain anonymous (I would)

LOL that would be right from the horses mouth...

I do not doubt that there was a lawsuit, but until you mentioned it and Beth found those other links, we only had Wikipedia as a source... The IMDB movie link however is what I was looking for and seems to be the original that everyone took it from...

I particularily like this line....

"...a well-respected Egyptologist from Johns Hopkins University vouch for him, since he put his own theories into the story. The only differences between the story and the movie are slight name variations.

I have no doubt that the Egyptologist would prefer to remain annonymous, but in any case since they had an out of court settlement you can bet that the settlement wouldn't allow them to talk anyway... thats how those things work..

And you are right, sad as it may be, if any respected scientists comes out on "the wild side" reputations and grants disappear... No wonder we can't shake "established" knowledge from its tree

But I would REALLY love to know that professors name and have an "off the record" chat with him... even if I couldn't repeat it, at least I would know...

:ccol:

[edit on 2-4-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

and yeh I agree with the pyramids built by ancient and used as landing pads is just daft.. but I also really doubt that was part of any actual theory

But that doesn't mean the pyramids weren't built to honor "the beings" or even house them when they were here, or house a type of stargate object.

That doesn't negate them being tombs either, that could have been a use for them after the beings left, history of them watered down.

Couple points here... we are not talking ALL the pyramids were involved... the later ones definately were used as tombs and built by Egyptians... the ones in question are the Great Pyramids at Giza... only those have special significance and their construction is a lot different.

I think the elaborate burial techniques and copied pyramids were an attempt by the locals to recreate something they did not fully understand...

Rosicrucian teachings state the sarcophagus in the Kings Chamber was a symbolic place, effectively you entered as a Man and were reborn as a God... it was never meant as a tomb...

Look up pyramid energy... it was a fad a few years back and fizzled but it exists and can be tracked with Kirlian photography...

BTW another way to look at reincarnation...

Science says energy cannot be destroyed... though it can be changed...

The energy that is our lives is after all energy... ergo it IS eternal...

Now imagine for a moment a long string of light bulbs.... these bulbs have existence and can be on or off as the energy flows through them, or departs from them... (individuality)

If you break that light bulb it is effectively dead... yet where is the energy that gave it life?

It is still there.... giving life to another light bulb....

And when the energy is not in a light bulb, it is one with the rest of the energies from all the other light bulbs in the universe, all connected

The Universe is not that simple, yet in many ways it is. Perhaps that little analogy will help you grasp reincarnation a little...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by David2012
-Stargates (be it spiritual or physical) were a (central?) part of the theory.

I have come to the realization that entry into the Stargate is both... a physical crossing but you have to be in some sense "ready" to make the crossing..

This readiness may be genetic... as in the concept of the "chosen ones" and a theme SG-1 uses to activate ancient technology

Or it may be spiritual in the sense your mind has to be attuned to it in some fashion. Brian Allan has been doing work to attempt opening a gateway at Rosslyn Chapel with some success.. The Tibetans talk of being spiritually ready to gain access to Shambahla

The problem is modern man has taken and reference to "spiritualality" to be associated with a belief in some God... and I think that is why science is afraid to tread there..

So we may be stuck here for some time yet...

No wonder the Aliens think us a "failed species"

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So we may be stuck here for some time yet...

Then again, we may not be stuck here. Only some of us are stuck here, because we aren't in the know, the elite clique or whatever. *grumbles ... bunch o' nazis*
but the stuck here part may be both for our protection and their protection (the other civs in the universe might not be thrilled with the idea of yet another warring faction to contend with but nazis? why nazis! sounds like some are getting help they shouldn't have from sources they shouldn't be going to, and the whole thing is gonna go boom lol)

[edit on 2-4-2007 by undo]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Cool maybe... as long as you don't mind your molecules being totally dispersed and reassembled from different matter at the other end....

Maybe that's why the spiritual aspect is important, since your body dies every time you step into one... your spirit would have to keep up to get back onboard at the other end...

Food for thought

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo Only some of us are stuck here, because we aren't in the know, the elite clique or whatever.

Hmmm okay okay when I said "we" it was a generic species "we" I won't be stuck here LOL

But thats where that catchword "enlightenment" comes into play...

Ever hear that "nine lives" thingy that kitties have? LOL I am working on #8 right now... so I figure one more shot at Old Earth before I get to go play elsewhere....

But then maybe I am just crazy...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Not much difference than saying the Anunnaki manipulated our genes to create "us". Don't forget the Tibetans story tellers do imbelish their tales and then they need to be translated to English...

Things get lost along the way....

[now where have I heard THAT before?
]

Sounds like the same story to me...

Would explain to those skeptics why there are still monkeys LOL

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychicxperience

well, im a hindu and have never heard anyone speaking that there is a way to access the upper levels of heaven via any mt meru or anything.

Mt Meru was destroyed many many moons ago.... a cataclysm that caused the formation of the Himalaya mountains...

Mt Meru would thus no longer be a way to reach "heaven" today

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yes stargates are real. It's black hole transport.
As I write to technology forum about advanced technologies like antigravity and AI there is also project like this I'll post military links here.

This is Air Force Research Lab project:

www.fas.org...

Presentation about this project to mil stuff

If there is any question I am happy to answer.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by b3rgY]

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join