It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Stargates sucking up posts, or the dark government at work?

You decide...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
how did you post to it miah? did you have to go to the first page first?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
All pages here this morning (Thursday), posting this at end of thread.
Seems ok to me but I believe there is a breathable atmosphere on the moon.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I found the episode on telly today, where a real general appearred in the programme. His name is General Ryan, and I even found the script online.

He was and is a proper General with the military. Ask yourself, why would the military allow one of their generals appear in a sci-fi programme, unless there is something that they are trying to sublimely communicate to us.

For an active member of military to appear in such a programme requires a lot of red tape normally. You can't even write a book about the military in a America without proper authorisation. They have to know the details of what the contents are before any aspect of the military protocol can be used. I think this is still valid today, but I know it was the rule when my first husband was in the Air Force.

The episode is 'Prodigy' Season four of STARGATE SG-1

The general actually goes through the stargate with them. It seems strange to me that an actual military general would have such a big part in a science fiction drama, or is it all science fiction. Is there a thread of truth weaving through the scripts of Stargate and Stargate:Atlantis? I think there is, but it is done so cleverly that the thread of truth is hard to discern.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07Is there a thread of truth weaving through the scripts of Stargate and Stargate:Atlantis? I think there is, but it is done so cleverly that the thread of truth is hard to discern.

Air Force Space Command has this statement on their official website right after the contact info...

Point of contact

Air Force Space Command
Public Affairs Office
150 Vandenberg St., Suite 1105
Peterson AFB, CO 80914-4500

(719) 554-3731 or DSN 692-3731

In Popular Culture

In the popular TV series Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, the Stargate Program is run by the Air Force Space Command. The AF Space Command Patch was worn on the uniform of personnel aboard the Prometheus, Earth's first operational deep space battle cruiser.

Here is the list of Credits for the show....

Other Companies

* Act One Script Clearance Inc. script research
* David Cowan Enterprises Inc. computer engineering
* Department of the Air Force we gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of
* Energy Film stock footage
* Gastown Post and Transfer post-production services
* Rainmaker Digital Pictures post-production services
* Sharpe Sound Studios Inc. re-recorded by
Stargate SG-1 Productions Limited Partnership production services provided by
* U.S. Department of Defense we gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of
* U.S. Space Command we gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of

Any questions?

STAR GATE RESEARCH

Beth's, William's and Ellen's works are there too

[edit on 18-1-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have not gone thru all pages, but yes It is very interesting..

The Anunnaki, angels I belive..

Creators of mankind, and these "stargates"..

But then, I do not know whom the demons are..
I guess if there are angels.. Then there must be demons out there aswell (or down there..)

As I havent met (what I know of) any of them "visitors" evil, nor good.. I cannot decide what to think of them.. Only that they are here, waiting for something..

(I have seen one of their silvery white ships thou, sailing thru the air, silent..)

I awoke to these theories(Anunnaki etc) last year, somehow.. Or was it 2 years ago..?
Well anyways I was smoking the gift of Shiva.

And things became clear.

Well greetings to you all! Ive been reading on these forums for quite some time.

Thought I drop by, before the whole #house goes up in flames

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Brage]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
First, i'd like to say that it was this thread that got me hooked on ats when i first joined up,and i've been following it since.

But then, I do not know whom the demons are..

Remember,FALLEN angels are still angels nonetheless. Same power as the "good" ones.

I bought the special edition of Stargate on dvd. It does have a brief look at if stargates are real or not,in the specail features. Wasnt' much,but at least its gettin attention.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spanishcaravan

Remember,FALLEN angels are still angels nonetheless. Same power as the "good" ones.

Indeed, they came from the skies..

Angels bring light and life, what i belive.
Demons bring the opposite..

SO I wonder, the demons must be very popular on Earth.. home of the human race, mankinds worst enemy..

So anyone know why U.S.A is around Iraq then? Home of the Anunnaki legends..
Home of possible stargates..

Seeing what the government of this "land" is capable off..
I smell Illuminati mischief..

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am a HUGE fan of SG-1 ... I have also done extensive background research into the show. I own a zatnikito and a Go-uld hand device that were used in the 3rd season show "Forever In a Day" along with a few replicator peices used on the show(did you know they are not metal?) Just want you all to know that I am a huge fan.

It is true that the U.S. Air Force does officially endorse the show. They do this because the show presents the USAF in a very positive light and aids in recruiting. It is also true that the USAF usually has an advisor on set. This is to ensure that ranks, weapons(exept the P99), uniforms,equipment and teminology is used correctly as well as ensure that nothing detrimental to the USAF is portrayed on screen, If there was they would most likely pull their endorsement. The show itself benefits by getting to use military vehicles and sites(NORAD entrance) for free or substantially redused cost. Its a win-win situation.

It is not unusual at all for almost EVERY movie or television show that portrays military personnel to have these types of advisors on board. If you ever see a movie or show that has not hired these advisors, it does not do a good job at all of portraying a military atmoosphere, and you can tell.

SG-1 is by no means the only show the military endorses.

the following examples were taken from the book "Everything You Know is Wrong", a compilation put together and edited by Russ Kick.

The armed forces help filmmakers by letting them use military vehicles,other hardware, and land, saving the studios millions of dollars in expenses. In return for this service though, the military often asks for changes to the movie\show, changes which ALWAYS make the armed forces look better. With disturbing regularity the filmmakers, even the big name one, cave in. Ridley Scott removed a scene from "G.I. Jane" because a Navy Commander said it "carried no benefit to the U.S. Navy." The producers of "Top Gun" obtained Naval cooperation only after they changed Kelly McGillis' charecter from an enlisted woman to a civilian (fraternization between officers and enlistees is a no-no). A marine Major complained about "The Jackal" because helicopter pilots didn't have an "integral part of the action, they are effectively taxi-drivers." Once director Micheal Jones changed the script, giving the fly-boys a better role, the Marines cooperated. Some filmmakers drool on themselves in an attempt to appease the military. Dean Devlin, the writer and producer of "Independance Day", told the pentagon, "If this doesn't make every boy in America want to fly a fighter-jet, I'll eat this script." Disney told retired soldiers, " We firmly believe that with the support of the U.S. military, "Armageddon" will be the biggest film on 1998, while illustrating the expertise,leadership and heroism if the military. Among the film that were given military cooperation after passing the acceptibility test were: Air Force One, A Few Good Men, From Here to Eternity, The Hunt for Red October, Pearl Harbor, Apollo 13 and Tora Tora Tora. Some that didn't meet with approval were Forrest Gump, Apocolypse Now, Catch 22, DR. Strangelove, An Officer and a Gentleman, Platoon and SGT Bilko.

Interestlingly enough the Military pulled all of its support from "Independance Day" when they wouldnt remove all references to "area 51".

I had to HAND TYPE that whole box.......whew...............congrat me

EDIT-----------------------
Thanks Masqua for applause, You got me into RATS a little early......Ego boost.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
OK there are many rumors the Iraq war was pushed to gain access to a (Ive heard one and also heard 2) Stargate. Im not saying I believe that, Im just open to that possibility.

My question is: Who had it in Iraq? Saddam? Was it buried? Or just recently discovered? Where was it and who had control of it before it was confiscated?

Cheers...........Dango

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dango
OK there are many rumors the Iraq war was pushed to gain access to a (Ive heard one and also heard 2) Stargate. Im not saying I believe that, Im just open to that possibility.

Here is all I have on the Iraq stargate so far...

landoflegends.us...

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   
very interesting material. but is this stargate and/or ancient sumer have any relation to the city of atlantis?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BouvrE
very interesting material. but is this stargate and/or ancient sumer have any relation to the city of atlantis?

Well if Atlantis like Eden are on the other side of a Stargate... the answer would be yes...

For those who haven't seen it here is a painting by Giovanni di Paolo, 1445,
Creation of the World & Expulsion from Paradise,

Seems the old painters knew what was real. Seems William Henry liked this one too after we posted it LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well I'm currently arguing with myself over the concepts advanced by other researchers, that there was an entire civilization on the ocean floor and/or below ground. The possiblity does exist that either of these was or is possible. The problems we are facing with that, however, are the inferences that link the below ground/water star gates to the stars and not a civilization under ground. i suppose they could've had outposts on the ocean floor or under the surface of the earth, as well. There are several possibilities of why that might be true:

1) An extra-terrestrial colony might need protection from our sun, especially if they are from a planet/moon where the amounts and types of radiation are limited or have long since been filtered. Alternatively, they may have been water-based and naturally built under water.

2) Considering the catastrophic history of this planet, it's possible extra-terrestral or simply entirely different sentient life, was here in the past (before homo sapians) and that they built underground and ocean floor, to
escape things like ruined ozone layer, incoming space debris (meteors, etc), nuclear winter and so on.

That however, doesn't effect whether or not the star gates existed, as I think if they were advanced (and i do believe they were) extra-terrestrials, they would either know how to find "worm holes" in the area, or they would create them for ease of transfer of other sentients, goods, and etc

[edit on 21-1-2007 by undo]

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Hey,

I've lurked this thread and it's one of the threads that got me to sign up and start posting.

It seems you've been doing the same thinking I did since I was about 12.
With me it started with consolidating religions, proving it all stems from the same religion or events. (I was a weird kid I know)

I came to several of the same conclusions I've read here.. In the meanwhile I also read both of your books.

I agree on a lot.. cept after you start talking about god and us having endless lives/reincarnate whatever and annunaki hating us for that... that's just... I dunno I can't agree on it.

My insight after going along the same lines of research you did was to come to the conclusion there is no god (I never believed in a rational, thinking and decision making god anyway.. more of a energy, creative force... not sentient)

And the endless lives... just to final fantasy'ish for me.

I'm more inclined to go the gods were aliens/annunaki point of view and since we couln't fathom it back then we thought they were gods...

pity it's been really long since ive done this stuff myself.. I had some real good conclusions but I just can't really remember.
I've become dumber over the years anyway lol
can't seem to think as well as I used to.. maybe my episodes of depression and weed smoking during those depressions has something to do with it. (and no the weed thing started a long time after doing this work so it's not weed induced imaginations lol )

sorry im going off topic.. back to the topic at hand.

I'll see if i can dig up my old work. Propably got lost after moving and over a decade of time.

ow wanted to say.. there are some very interesting ooparts that would serve nicely as illustrations to your work.

Might start a thread soon with some of the better ooparts out there in it. will see.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
I found the episode on telly today, where a real general appearred in the programme. His name is General Ryan, and I even found the script online.

He was and is a proper General with the military. Ask yourself, why would the military allow one of their generals appear in a sci-fi programme, unless there is something that they are trying to sublimely communicate to us.

For an active member of military to appear in such a programme requires a lot of red tape normally. You can't even write a book about the military in a America without proper authorisation. They have to know the details of what the contents are before any aspect of the military protocol can be used. I think this is still valid today, but I know it was the rule when my first husband was in the Air Force.

The episode is 'Prodigy' Season four of STARGATE SG-1

The general actually goes through the stargate with them. It seems strange to me that an actual military general would have such a big part in a science fiction drama, or is it all science fiction. Is there a thread of truth weaving through the scripts of Stargate and Stargate:Atlantis? I think there is, but it is done so cleverly that the thread of truth is hard to discern.

As i've said in another thread. Devlin's story that started the movie was sent in 10 years before by an egyptology student based on his theories and the theories of an egyptologist at johns hopkins.
So even if it's slim, yes stargate the movie was based on theories and therefore might contain some truth to it.

(sg1 and atlantis are not concidered canon to the original creators emmerich and devlin and if they get the trilogy done it will ignore sg1 and atlantis canon, what i mean by this is: the movie was based on a story developed based on theories, the mgm spinoffs are pure fiction milking the story the movie started. The closest to any possible truth therefore will most likely be the original movie.)

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by David2012Devlin's story that started the movie was sent in 10 years before by an egyptology student based on his theories and the theories of an egyptologist at johns hopkins.

Do you have a source for that other than Wikipedia?

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
SciFi.com
Stargate

Discovery channel
www.discoverychannel.co.uk...

it's here but it's an exact duplicate of the one that was on wikipedia:

IMDb
imdb.com...

it's here on, almost a duplicate of the wikipedia entry:

EBay
listing-index.ebay.com...(film).html

This is not a reference to the egyptologists that sued, but it is interesting

From Wretched Kush to Stargate: An Interview with Stuart Tyson Smith

You have been an advisor to a number of films and TV series with Egyptian themes, including Stargate, The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. I have to ask you, what kinds of questions do film makers ask archaeological advisors? And what impact do your answers tend to have on the finished products?

It is quite amazing that folks in Hollywood cared enough to hire me - I never dreamed Id be a Hollywood consultant right after finishing my Ph.D.! I was most actively involved in Stargate, since about half the dialogue in the movie was ancient Egyptian. They also wanted advice on sets and props for the 1920’s dig scene at the beginning of the film and the village on the other planet, some translations into hieroglyphs for the sets, and to create a kind of Egypto-babble for James Spader’s Egyptologist character (the equivalent of “techno-babble” for Star Trek). I had a great deal of input on the script, especially the parts dealing with Egyptologist Daniel Jackson, played by James Spader. He also wanted to know what is was like to be an out of work academic - something I thought he carried off quite convincingly and that I had no problem advising him about at the time!

Most of all I translated the otherworldly dialogue into vocalized ancient Egyptian. I was very impressed that the Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin - the director and writer/producer of Stargate - cared enough to have me on set so much (I was around for about a third to half of the shoot), when other producers thought it was a waste of money (like they didnt waste vastly more money on more inconsequential things!!). They wanted to avoid the Star Trek syndrome, where everyone in the Universe speaks English, and have the folks on the other planet really speaking a kind of dialect of ancient Egyptian. The actors certainly appreciated having me around, since it gave them a real language to speak instead of made-up gobbledygook. So I spent most of my time correcting pronunciation and writing “on the spot” dialogue as needed - I never realized just how much revision scripts go through during shooting! Only a handful of scholars study ancient Egyptian pronunciation, so the topic is arcane even in the relatively arcane discipline of Egyptology! I was fortunate to study at UCLA, home of the late John Callender, who was replaced by Antonio Loprieno, both key figures in the vocalization of Egyptian. It was amazingly cool to hear the actors not only pronouncing Egyptian with vowels and intonation (very different from the typically flat Egyptological pronunciation), but even with emotion - it definitely gave me a new appreciation for the language. The divide between Egyptological and real pronunciation also made the main conceit of the film plausible - that Egyptologist Spader initially couldn’t understand the language, but could come up to speed quickly once he’d figured out that it was Egyptian. Roland and Dean brought me in at every stage in the production, including looping (dubbing dialog). As a result, I was very pleased with the final outcome - not all of the lines match the subtitles, especially Re/Jaye Davidson (more last minute plot changes…), but all of the lines are in real, vocalized Egyptian. I’ve even had complaints from a couple of colleagues that the Spader character should have realized that the people were speaking Egyptian immediately, since it was so easy to understand - especially the first line “bani-way” (how sweet!) when the leader eats a candy bar. But hey, he’d just been dragged over several sand-dunes by a big furry critter (what is it with Hollywood and furry desert dwellers?!?), so I reckon he was a bit addled. I sometimes get asked if I think my participation might lead people to believe in the fantasies of Erich Von Däniken and the like. Of course I told everyone involved that space aliens did not build the pyramids, but hey, without that there was no plot and besides anyone who really believes that the pyramids were landing pads for alien spacecraft after watching the movie is a lost cause anyhow!

For the Mummy and the Mummy Returns, I only translated dialog and made suggestions on the script. Steve Sommers, the director, took my advice on some things but not on others. So the flesh-eating scarabs stayed in the script, even though I pointed out that scarabs are called dung beetles for a reason… I even found a nice spell against a nasty beetle called the Asheru in the Book of the Dead, and I suggested they use that name instead, but it didnt make it onto the screen. I also told them FOUR canopic jars, but they still ended up with five. They did take some of my advice though. Some dialogue suggestions ended up in the final script. The original script called for sparkling jewels in Hamunaptra’s treasure room, so I told them no gemstones, just lots of gold, and that’s how it ended up. There were also references to iron and steel in the script, and I was pleased to see that the weapons ended up as bronze. Even more so than Stargate, most of my work was with the dialogue - it was very strange to get ‘emergency’ calls from Marrakech because the Rock needed a line in Egyptian! Since I wasn’t on set or in looping, the dialogue is a bit spotty, but overall it turned out fine, some of it really nice, and in Late Egyptian, of course, the correct phase of the language for Seti I’s time. It’s all been great fun, and how many archaeologists can claim three blockbuster film credits?

oxbow books
www.oxbowbooks.com...

All Experts.com Stargate Encyclopedia
en.allexperts.com...

[edit on 28-3-2007 by undo]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by David2012Devlin's story that started the movie was sent in 10 years before by an egyptology student based on his theories and the theories of an egyptologist at johns hopkins.

Do you have a source for that other than Wikipedia?

Emmerich and Devlin.....

I know more detailed info used to be online at the time.
It might be on archives.org but since I dn't remember the urls from so long ago and archives doesn't have a search feature (which I don't get) .....

Well you can trust me on that there was a real lawsuit and it was settled out of court. I'm guessing both those peopel wanted to remain anonymous (I would)

The problem I guess is while these people might have had a valid theory, as does Undo. They would not want their names associated with it.. A theory like that sad as it is, can cost you your position and career.

Like the japanese professor originally researching the dropa stones. after he made his findings public he got ridiculed, lost his position in china, and eventually moved back to japan. Don't think he ever succeeded in getting a decent position again at a university.

All I can tell you is Emmerich and Devlin got sued for real.

Might be crazy to think ill get a reply, but ill try and send a mail to emmerich and/or devlin's public e-mail addresses.

I'm pretty frustrated myself to be honest that info about the persons involved is hard to find and that their theory wasn't published anywhere that I know off.

It's just like Undo's research. It fits my own theories and idea's I've had for a long time really well. When I first saw the movie I was ecstatic as how in general lines it fit to my own idea.

I want more info on this really bad myself.

---

@Undo's previous post.

Sweet interview, haven't seen that yet

and yeh I agree with the pyramids built by ancient and used as landing pads is just daft.. but I also really doubt that was part of any actual theory

But that doesn't mean the pyramids weren't built to honor "the beings" or even house them when they were here, or house a type of stargate object.

That doesn't negate them being tombs either, that could have been a use for them after the beings left, history of them watered down.

------
My own on the spot conjecture:
Maybe the earliest pharao's were "gods" (beings) and after their rule they wen't away through a gate in a pyramid.

after they left us. later pharao's had adopted a religious idea from the evolving story that started with the beings. that they need to be buried in pyramids to "ascend" to the next life..

This also explains the worldwide idea's at the time that kings and the like were somehow divine or even god's. and fits with undo's theory.
------

It's a story based on theory so it figures they made additional stuff up, concocted more visually impressive idea's etc.. Im fairly certain to say the movie is loosely based on the theory and admittedly, I know that what devlin received from the student 10 years before was already a story based on the theory. (you don't send a scientific theory to someone like devlin, you send in a story/script and hope for a movie and earn some nice cash)

The core aspect I think of the theory is simple.

-we had contact with 'others' a long time before the modern ufo phenomenon.

-It influenced how our civilization's became structured.

-It might have sparked the belief in gods / godlike beings.
(I seriously doubt "cavemen" invented gods because they were scared of thunder.. our species evolved on a planet with thunder.. it's "normal" explainable or not, just like the sun etc etc etc and all those other "official" idea's to where the beliefs in gods came from).

-Stargates (be it spiritual or physical) were a (central?) part of the theory.

without any more information you can't really go beyond this list in detail.

I'm rambling a little I think (not sober at the moment
)

[edit on 31-3-2007 by David2012]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
well i tried a little sleuthing a few months back and found that they were from John Hopkins University. So I checked out the Egyptology department there, to see who the head egyptologist was and sent him an email, inquiring as to who in the department might have written the original screenplay. No response.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join