It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 307
<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I remember reading somewere that true teleportation was impossible. If we even got close it would be a copy of us at the destination by a kind of 3d printer and the original would be destroyed at the place of departure. Would that count as teleportation??

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
One thing I got in the mail the other day which is really funny regarding "Gods" and what have you was a leaflet detailing the return of God through the use of passages from Exodus

What makes it even more amusing is that I've recently moved two doors up from a church which takes their bible VERY seriously..Seriously enough that the law should abide by my complaints regarding noise past the council deadlines

My point is that I'm really not well versed in that book, and when I get it presented to me in such a manner, I can not help but think of a control system put in place by some really bad over smoked nutters that could pull the wool over some introduced/new species eyes in the rebuild program after what ever happend here on Earth back in the day of carnage

SG1 tells the story nicely inmho

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
I remember reading somewere that true teleportation was impossible.

Don't believe everything you read...

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong." Sir Arthur C Clark's First Law

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by polos

Extreme Church LOLZ

At about 4am I had a stranger walk up my garden path which I heard a few seconds before they heard me. I heard the gate open, then I heard fast footsteps on the quartz pebbles along the side path which is right beside my window. DUmb MOve seeing my light was on and could be seen

I turned my Bellowing Lungs on and (censor) woke up my neighbours who thanked me for my effort.

As it turns out my other half woke up and was scared... I said don't worry... I am not locking any doors yet as i believe the young bloke is still around... sure enough I heard CAR Doors close in the Extreme Church's car yard. I got the a good look at the car and I will pick on the church in nice ways as I see fit.

CHURCH LOLZZZZ

edit on 8-1-2012 by Somamech because: Go Kenneth

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seekclarity
I'd love if stargates are real, in some sci-fi geeky kind of way, it does seem tangible as an idea to open up wormholes for transporting ships and materials across space. I absolutely loved the TV show, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, don't get me started on what was wrong with Stargate Universe...But yeah, if you watch the series, the writers have posed a lot of theories on how the gate system works and most of it seems tangible. Not sure what physicists would say, but I personally believe that gate systems probably do exist in star systems with advanced civilizations.

I'm quite new to to sg1, but the theory's I'm not so new... Don't get me going on blind misled faith in the vein of christian church's though

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somamech

Originally posted by seekclarity
I'd love if stargates are real, in some sci-fi geeky kind of way, it does seem tangible as an idea to open up wormholes for transporting ships and materials across space. I absolutely loved the TV show, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, don't get me started on what was wrong with Stargate Universe...But yeah, if you watch the series, the writers have posed a lot of theories on how the gate system works and most of it seems tangible. Not sure what physicists would say, but I personally believe that gate systems probably do exist in star systems with advanced civilizations.

I'm quite new to to sg1, but the theory's I'm not so new... Don't get me going on blind misled faith in the vein of christian church's though

well i am a christian (don't belong to any particular denomination, however) and if it weren't for the bible, i would not have investigated this entire topic lol the inspiration for my investigation was originally, revelation 9. you should read it if you haven't. it's verrrrrrrry interesting once you consider what it's saying. (hint: falling stars in prophetical terminology, are not meteors or asteroids. they are living beings in metal flying contrivances that glow like stars as they descend to the planet. and in revelation 9, one of them descends with a key to the gate of the "Abyss". (abyssos was the original word there, not bottomless pit). i tracked the word abyss, all the way back to sumer and enki's abzu. big thank you goes out to john and jesus, for the heads up. read it carefully and erase all those ideas that the bible is fiction. just read. and think.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hey thanks for the nice reply Undo

I apologise for sorta losing the plot due to my experience to not only you, but to anyone on this thread, bad week shouldn't equal internet drama huh on my behalf

I would like to have a decent bible in book form one day to read over. And even though I choose a Tibetan Avatar it doesn't mean I agree with with Buddhism in general, Heck I've heard from an 'ordained taoist priest' that tibetan secret practices are still bound up due to conflicts between the red and yellow hats

Is the coptic orthodox bible any different to other bibles ?

I ask as the Faith page on this site is very interesting in regards to this thread!

www.melbcopts.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

This thread has been on my list of "must read" threads for a while now. A few days ago I got current with a couple other mega threads I had been reading and started on this one. So far, I've managed to make it to page 59 (out of 307. Sigh). It is my habit to give threads that interest me a thorough reading, including all linked source material, etc., so it will be some time before I catch up on this one(speaking of linked source materials, a large amount of links for both pictures and text given by Undo and Zorgon in these early years of the thread are broken, as they refer to domains that no longer exist, and I have no expedient way of finding that same material at thelivingmoon.com, if that is where it is now. Annoying).

I have a few things to add at this point, but the date of the post I am responding to is 5/7/2007, so forgive me if I seem a little behind the cutting edge on this topic.

First, I tend to think the gates are technological, and no advanced tech device is without relevant safety and security capabilities. Fundamentally, the gates are doorways, and the first two refinements of doorway tech is Closing the Doorway and Locking the Doorway. After that it becomes a question of reinforcement or stealth...and to me the answer, at least in this case, seems obvious. You have to be able to see a door before you can know there is a doorway there and have a desire to open it and go through.
Given the capabilities attendant to the tech of these gates--space-time warping, quantum manipulations--I would imagine those same capabilities could be applied to some pretty effective stealthing. A quantum phase shift type of thing comes to mind...something that would move the material of the gate a few nanoseconds out of step with our material universe.
So in my opinion, Nimrod was the last to see Enlil's gate after he moved it to Egypt(if that is indeed what happened). When Seti I stumbled upon the Osirion at Abydos, he didn't find anything, nor did Petrie later on.
Or, to put it another way, they did, but they didn't know it...because the gate is still there.

When Genesis kicks in, we are witnessing the aftermath of the end of their prior civilization (the opening words read in the original language that it was a devastated planet). Enter the fallen nachash. They bring humans to this planet to act as slaves and "civilize" them. this is how we got here (my theory). Eden was actually, on another planet. I really believe this is the case. This planet's history just doesn't support a human fossil record. But it certainly does support a reptilian fossil record and a reptilian archaeological record as well (think of all the artifacts!)

Very interesting. I'm kinda new on ATS (which is why I'm so far behind on so many mega-threads like this one) but I have managed to post one thread of my very own. In the course of doing research for that thread, I read through a lot of material on the Australian Aborigine beliefs/religion/teachings, or "Dreamtime" as they call it, and I think some of the information I found corroborates your ideas.

For instance:

The Australian aborigines believed that the land they occupied was once vacuous - empty. This belief was a source of great mystery to them. It was also a great truth that was known with absolute certainty, because the ancestors had said this was the way things once were. Then, during what has become known as the Dreamtime, the land, the sky above and all they contained were formed by the actions of supernatural and mysterious beings.

These "supernatural and mysterious beings" came in a variety of forms. Some were "shapechangers" and could appear in any form.

The Dreamtime itself has been explained in a number of ways. Various explanations refer to creators who were mysterious and supernatural beings. They include references to men and women 'just like us' who had the ability to shape-change into animals and other fauna; creators such as the Rainbow Serpent and also All-father and All-mother figures. There have also been references to the creators as heroes and heroines.

These beings are also sometimes referred to as Giants or Ancestors. Another interesting aspect of the Dreamtime is that, according to the Aborigines, it is ongoing; in some way it is a "Beginning" that never ended. But at some point in the distant past, the supernatural beings responsible for the onset of Dreamtime "disappeared from the sight of men."

Continued next post.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
(cont.)

Another relevant part of the Dreamtime is that the history of it seems to imply that the Aborigines predate the creation part; somehow their ancestors were witness to the emptiness of the land. And yet the teachings of the Dreaming also say:

It was during the Dreamtime that the creators made men and women, decreed the laws which all must obey - their behavior to one another, the customs of food distribution, the rules of marriage, the rituals of initiation and the ceremonies of death which must be performed so that the spirit of the dead would travel peacefully to his or her spirit-place.

It seems to me that the Aborigine's "Ancestors" or creators are sounding a lot like Enki and his ilk. I mean, seriously...Rainbow Serpent!! That is Enki!!

We have what seems to be the Earth itself already in place, and therefore one would assume also the sun, solar system, stars, etc...the whole universe really. But the land was "empty"...which fits with the idea that the Nachash(or Seraphim, or Annunaki or Pleadians or Dogon or whatever these assholes call themselves), had devastated the biosphere in a previous era. The confusing issue with the aborigines seeming to "predate" the "creation" could be because the earliest humans were already in place to help as slaves before the terraforming repair was completed.

A final point: Archaeological evidence indicates the Australian Aborigine culture extends back at least 20,000 years. This is archaeological evidence that is accepted by mainstream archaeology, which is pretty amazing to me. The Aborigines themselves have Dreamtime stories or "myths" that indicate they've been around for at least 70,000 years. This is the oldest culture still extant today; these guys have been there, done that, seen it all.

If anything else occurs to me, I'll speak up. In the meantime, here's a few of my Dreamtime sources:
Living the Dreaming - The Relationship to the Land for Aboriginal Australians
The Dreamtime - Aboriginal Art Online

Take a look at some of the photographs of the aborigine rock art too. Very interesting. There's a collection of my personal favorites in my thread, in this post.

Back to catching up on this thread now. Maybe I'll make it to 2008 soon.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
a large amount of links for both pictures and text given by Undo and Zorgon in these early years of the thread are broken, as they refer to domains that no longer exist, and I have no expedient way of finding that same material at thelivingmoon.com, if that is where it is now. Annoying).

Reason: Changes to my server and domain name

Solution: Ask Zorgon to point you to where the material is now

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Back to Sumeria et al...

This one has the symbol of the 'black sun' on it

Hey! That's Enki, holding a one and a zero! Hehehe....

Have any of you read Snowcrash, by Neal Stephenson? Lot of pertinent stuff in that book: Inanna and Enki, how and why Inanna steals the ME from Enki, the Nam-shub of Enki and why he made it, the Babel catastrophe, the Cult of Ashura, the Sumerian ruins in Iraq being excavated in secret and artifacts being smuggled out of the country, the writings on the artifacts being deciphered to extract ancient secrets....and so on. Nothing about Stargates, but still.
Seeing that pic reminded me of it because it's in the book. It's a novel worth reading, especially if you're interested in stuff like this.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Okay this is off topic but I couldn't resist.

Some of these old posts I'm reading in this thread have broken links and images, as I mentioned before, but I just came across one that had me rolling on the floor laughing.

Take a look:

Originally posted by rapturas
im just wondering if anyone has seen a documentary called "navigating the afterlife" (Magical Egypt) which looks into some of the hieroglyphs and images presented in the tomb of Seti I and Tuthmosis III in the Valley of the Kings?

Its been a while since i watched the footage (i believe it was removed from video.google) but what stuck in my mind the most was this:-

And see what happens when you place a skull over the top:-

Notice that both figures in the image are pointing to their forehead (for any skeptics out there =op)

Priceless.

Back to reading.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

i think that's supposed to be anu, and although archaeologists have their own answers for what he's holding,
i think it is related to the me (ya know the thing inanna stole from enki? the powers of fate and civilization, etc) and since the me were enki's property, that may in fact be enki (inanna's depicted holding the circle too. and so are egyptians later on). perhaps indicative of when she stole them or the me just became associated with any anunnaki).

the reason i say this is because, just guessing, it seemed that the me would be a handheld device used to open the gate, and the fact it's depicted like you might expect a circular gate to appear, is also not lost on me. although in that case, i'm thinking that'd be the really big gate on the floor of the persian gulf, rather than the personal sized one he appeared to have at eridu.

theoretically.....
circular gate = big gate.
rectangular gate = personal sized. enki's even depicted inside the gate. here it is

the only big argument i can think of against the me being the device to operate the gate is, i had concluded that ninmah, as the midwife, during the creation of man, sounded like a programmable device that was controlling the gate (the symbols were translated and interpreted as mundane by assyriologists) and i have yet to find even an etymological connection between ninmah and the me (et.al, arguing with myself over it)

people who study sumer and akkad, formally (mainstream thought), would say that's enki surrounded by the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, and the steps inside the rivers, depict his ziggurat at eridu. i think it's more than that, particularly since if true, the artist for some strange reason, chose to place the entire ziggurat inside the gate so that all that is visible are a few steps leading upward into an invisible destination. not to mention the gate guards would be entirely outside the width of land the euphrates and tigris rivers, cover. and the ziggurat would be taking up and surpassing the entire square footage of all lands between the euphrates and tigris, plus some (since some would naturally be hidden to the left and right of the frame).

there's also that whole as above so below thing. where we learn later, in babylonian star charts, that the rivers were depicted as the pisces fish, and the great square of pegasus was the land on which enki's e.abzu resided. these extra bits of data may help or make things even more incomprehensible. i've yet to develop a logical way to keep it in easily digestible chunks of data, while pondering their meanings. too much time involved too many cultures, languages and symbols.

i'd accept that explanation as more reasonable if it were not for countless other pieces of data, such as the words used for the gate itself, in the original language. they all point back to double meanings such as "god gate" and "star gate" and "chaos gate", abyss, abzu, bottomless pit. how's two rivers end up being an abyss or bottomless pit? and why star gate? the cuneiform symbol for deity, also translated as god, is something that approximates the appearance of a star, combined with the word for gate = babel.
here it is:
sumerian deity

notice this same theme here but the rivers are not the frame surrounding him but rather are sprouting from his shoulders
link

and consider that it carries over to egyptian art depicting osiris (nimrod/narmer/enmerkar) in a similar "frame"

osiris

the big difference in artistic rendering between the sumerian-akkadian versions is one is an older cylinder seal and the other is apparently not. (and the egyptian one is definitely not) so i'm thinkng by the time the non-cylinder seal versions came out, the actual meaning had been so obscured by metaphor and symbols, that if you didn't have access to the actual data or older and perhaps more reliable sources to compare, you would have no idea that it wasn't just a mundane picture of a throne room event or similar *et. al, the words the cuneiform glyphs translate to, are the only indicator that the thing depicted is not mundane, and even those can be translated into mundane things and often are due to generational bias, i think?

edit on 15-1-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, I get an error when I try to download the pdf files from the links on your site here:

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Seems like the files aren't there? Or something. Google Docs can't seem to access them either so I don't think the problem is on my end. Would love to have these though if you still have 'em.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Jalana Dax

1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Maybe I'm sliding off-topic here, but every time I've seen this verse mentioned in this thread, the first question in my head is, "Who is it that gives the key to the fallen star/angel?"

Any clues on that?

EDIT: Nevermind, this question ends up being discussed later in the thread.
edit on 1/16/2012 by Tsurugi because: Nevermind.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The more we learned, the more we realized how much there was to learn and the more we realized we were incapable of learning it all. But at least half of what we did learn were things we simply did not need to know, as we were unprepared to make those kind of choices. History is evidence of this.

Undo, what does this mean? I'm on page 102 of this thread at this point and I've seen you espouse similar sentiments on other occasions. I could very well be wrong, but I associate statements like the one quoted above with the "If God had wanted us to fly, we would've been born with wings" school of thought. I'm having trouble reconciling that with the great amount of respect I have accumulated for you in the course of reading this thread.

So set me straight here...do you have a bit of "Luddite" leanings? Or am I completely misreading this?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Tsurugi

i think that's supposed to be anu, and although archaeologists have their own answers for what he's holding,
i think it is related to the me (ya know the thing inanna stole from enki? the powers of fate and civilization, etc) and since the me were enki's property, that may in fact be enki (inanna's depicted holding the circle too. and so are egyptians later on). perhaps indicative of when she stole them or the me just became associated with any anunnaki).

the reason i say this is because, just guessing, it seemed that the me would be a handheld device used to open the gate, and the fact it's depicted like you might expect a circular gate to appear, is also not lost on me. although in that case, i'm thinking that'd be the really big gate on the floor of the persian gulf, rather than the personal sized one he appeared to have at eridu.

Sorry, just now noticed this reply...I've been reading trying to catch up and hadn't thought to look for replies to my earlier posts.

I think you're probably right about what he is holding there. What I said about the one and zero was a reference to the novel Snowcrash...that same image is in the book, and the explanation given there is that they are binary symbols, i.e. a "1" and a "0".

The premise of the book is that the original Sumerian language was the "root" language of the human brain, in the same way that binary, or "machine code" is the root language of computers. The language wasn't acquired over time like languages are now...people were born with its structure already present in the cerebellum, meaning it is down in the realm of subconscious and autofunctions, and as a result people could be "programmed" merely by hearing instructions spoken aloud in the Sumerian tongue. The entire Sumerian civilization was based on such instructions--the ME--which were kept in "temples" and issued to the populace at the proper time by "priests." So, for example, at the beginning of spring, the ME for planting crops was issued.

Enki was supposedly one of the very few who could write new ME, and was thus considered a god. The author of the book suggests he was the first self-aware human. Enki writes the nam-shub--a ME that programs a "lock" on the part of the brain that contained the Sumerian language--and causes the BABEL phenomenon, so that humanity will gain self-awareness and not remain slaves to those few who controlled the ME.

In other words, Enki was the first self aware human, and also the first hacker, and also a good guy. It's an entertaining read, but it is just a novel and I probably shouldn't have brought it up here and wasted everyone's time. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
Zorgon, I get an error when I try to download the pdf files from the links on your site here:
Seems like the files aren't there?

Correct. I am in the process of cataloging 6000 plus PDF's into one directory.

Here is the first one from Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) Its a .mil site so if you have any issues let me know and I can email you a copy

AFRL-PR-ED-TR-2003-0034
Teleportation Physics Study
www.dtic.mil...

The Air Force presentation slide show is also here at Earthtech (run by Dr Hal Puthoff)
Home
www.earthtech.org...
Paper
www.earthtech.org...
edit on 16-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I LOVE this documentary!

I had many
moments! I watched at least 5 times and even made my roommate watch it. He is 62 and he even went
many times!

Undo I really enjoy this thread. The information in it has kept me busy many nights and rainy days! Between this and the Giza Power Plant theory my fiancee thinks I'm crazy

top topics

<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join