It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 296
<< 293  294  295    297  298  299 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom
What's your take on the theory that comet elenin is actually an orbiting satellite, that is in orbit around a possible ,
planet, (a conveniently undetectable one??)Just wondering...

Pure puppy poop

A) the orbit of Elenin can be tracked by ant amateur astronomer and
B) planets are not "conveniently undetectable" They have gravity influences that don't lie

edit on 14-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

that sounds very much like ancient egyptian religion, post narmer/nimrod/enmerkar/osiris.
it would not surprise me at all, as he was the first world emperor after the flood. don't know if you're aware of the divine council motif in the bible (beyond the "we will" stuff in genesis), so i will share it with you here for clarification of where my thoughts are on this topic

here are a few quotes to start with

EPHESIANS 6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

3rd-century BCE translation, the Septuagint, as well as Hebrew manuscripts of Deuteronomy found among the Dead Sea Scrolls at Qumran:

DEUTERONOMY 32:7 Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations; ask your father, and he will show you; your elders, and they will tell you. 8 When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when He separated the sons of men, He fixed the bounds of the peoples according to the number of the SONS OF GOD. 9 For the LORD's portion is His people, Jacob His allotted heritage.(RSV)

Sir Lancelot C.L. Brenton in his 1851 translation of the Septuagint into English

DEUTERONOMY 32:7 Remember the days of old, consider the years for past ages: ask thy father, and he shall relate to thee, thine elders, and they shall tell thee. 8 When the Most High divided the nations, when He separated the sons of Adam, He set the bounds of the nations according to the number of the angels of God. 9 And His people Jacob became the portion of the Lord, Israel was the line of His inheritance. (Brenton's LXX)

Book of Jasher

JASHER 9:31 And they built the tower and the city, and they did this thing daily until many days and years were elapsed. 32 And God said to the seventy angels who stood foremost before him, to those who were near to him, saying, Come let us descend and confuse their tongues, that one man shall not understand the language of his neighbor, and they did so unto them. (pub. 1887, J.H. Parry & Company, Salt Lake City, Utah)

Source:
www.herealittletherealittle.net...

now what i'm trying to show here is that the tower of babel event (started by nimrod/enmerkar/osiris/narmer) is in reality the reopening of the abzu gate after the flood, and that thru this gate, came other races with different languages and cultures. as a result, nimrod's empire was split between the 70 sons of god (The watchers) who, presumably or theoretcially had been the original watchers of the people who had been brought thru the gate from other places in the universe.

of these watchers, he chose michael to watch over the genetic line that would eventually come to be known as israel. they were most likely called the habiru or hibru at the time because they were original inhabitants of nibru, enlil's city in sumer, some of which were potters, farmers, metal workers, etc. i theorized that they were his temple builders, architects and priests, that had been trained in this purpose, and the lack of representation of their original role in the scriptures has been part and parcel of the confusion on the topic. it's as if they go from being noah's family to being israel with no intervening data other than sketchy details in the exodus. some of it you have to tweeze from the ugaritic texts, the egyptian texts, the akkadian texts, the babylonian texts, the sumerian texts, and of course, the hebrew pseudopigraphia.

anyway, if there are 70 watchers presiding over the affairs of humanity, and they don't necessarily all agree on the destiny of each other's charges (we humans) this would explain most of history.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
Oh come on! Who is trying to prove a theory? I KNOW the Epic of Gilgamesh is one of the first ancient writings discovered. I even know what it's written on! I also stated that it's ALLEGORICAL! Can I prove it's allegorical? No more than Noah's Ark!

I would like to see this theory proven for one. If not to prove it, why gather the information to begin with?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
You shouldn't really drag Temple builders or bible stories into this :p
The discriptions in the bible are laughable at best.

The bible actually discrives a ridiculously small temple, where an insane amount of people supposedly had built it for an insanely long time. The materials used were probabely enough to build 5 temples...

On topic:

The fact that these stories are universal, show only that they

a) have a common ancestor story
b) that there was globalisation before our knowledge (which isn't so surprising, the aboriginals originate from fiji i believe, and peddled to australia in wooden rafts without ever seeing the continent) We are after all a race of explorers :p

But really:

IF advanced civilisations visited & taught us, why are we still so behind. Why didn't they teach us scienceWhy didn't they teach us religion is a fairy tale
If i had to teach a primitive people, the first thing i would do would be to teach them the scientific method, and convince them that religion is a waste of time.

feel free to comment :p

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilzown
You shouldn't really drag Temple builders or bible stories into this :p
The discriptions in the bible are laughable at best.

The bible actually discrives a ridiculously small temple, where an insane amount of people supposedly had built it for an insanely long time. The materials used were probabely enough to build 5 temples...

On topic:

The fact that these stories are universal, show only that they

a) have a common ancestor story
b) that there was globalisation before our knowledge (which isn't so surprising, the aboriginals originate from fiji i believe, and peddled to australia in wooden rafts without ever seeing the continent) We are after all a race of explorers :p

But really:

IF advanced civilisations visited & taught us, why are we still so behind. Why didn't they teach us scienceWhy didn't they teach us religion is a fairy tale
If i had to teach a primitive people, the first thing i would do would be to teach them the scientific method, and convince them that religion is a waste of time.

feel free to comment :p

Maybe they tried but we were too dumb at the time? Kind of hard to teach someone that insists you're a god since you can fly.
Maybe they're the ones that put the religion in place. Maybe that's their proven method for jump starting civilization, to bring a matter of order and code of conduct through religion. Give everyone a single common bond so that they will socialize and begin to be more civilized than their natural distrustful tribal ways. Maybe they came, tried to teach us, got annoyed that we made them gods, said "you guys will never live past your nuclear stage", and left. Who knows.

It would be so difficult to have known about it if they were hiding themselves at the time, that figuring it out a few thousand years later would be impossible in all likelihood.

As far as us being behind? What we know right now is small compared to what is. Technology builds off of itself exponentially. If at the end of world war 2 we had, unguided bombs, prop planes, radial engines, and the other old school tech which for the time was very nice. In the 80s we started using planes that could, hide from radar pretty effectively, go much faster than anything from 35 years earlier, use laser guided "smart" bombs, and all of the other amazing 80s military tech that's been declassified in the last few years. Just imagine what we can do now but aren't aloud to know about. Take into account the fact that technology builds exponentially. I'm not so sure we're behind

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
hmm, interesting line of discussion between you two, i think i'll sit back and listen.
proceed or whatever.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal

You own that, or the bank owns it? Do you go to work to make the world a better place? To better yourself? Because it's fun? To better someone else? Or to keep the bank from taking back the cars and house they so graciously let you use while you perform tasks you do not enjoy for the majority of your life to pay for it?

There you go making assumptions. I own my house and vehicles outright. 20 years ago I got my first (and only) credit card and maxed it out, saw how that was a mistake, paid it off and never got another one. Ok, so I've been working twice as long as you, so don't worry you can get there. Do I get to make the world a better place? Our company is involved in educating people of all ages, also we participate in social programs (habitat of humanity and the food bank). Not to mention raising 3 kids in a way that I feel they'll also contribute to making the world a better place.

I've had some hard times but I always strive to improve my situation. Being positive and perseverance can go a long way. Sometimes we get the shaft in life, no doubt...all I'm saying is that people can make it in this world if they never give up or rest on their laurels.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

.all I'm saying is that people can make it in this world if they never give up or rest on their laurels.

sorry, i don't believe it for one second. i've been trying for the last 30 something years, and no luck so far. this is about the most success i've had in my life and it's mostly met with derision and insults.
edit on 15-7-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
There you go making assumptions. I own my house and vehicles outright. 20 years ago I got my first (and only) credit card and maxed it out, saw how that was a mistake, paid it off and never got another one. Ok, so I've been working twice as long as you, so don't worry you can get there. Do I get to make the world a better place? Our company is involved in educating people of all ages, also we participate in social programs (habitat of humanity and the food bank). Not to mention raising 3 kids in a way that I feel they'll also contribute to making the world a better place.

I've had some hard times but I always strive to improve my situation. Being positive and perseverance can go a long way. Sometimes we get the shaft in life, no doubt...all I'm saying is that people can make it in this world if they never give up or rest on their laurels.

You do realize that just by owning a home outright you're in the minority of Americans right? Also that using credit cards wisely is actually a good way to make life a lot easier? Another thing you've overlooked is that in the last 20 years since you've started out a LOT has changed. I honestly feel bad for the younger people in this country. I have several friends fresh out of college with 4 year degrees that can't find a job in their field and are forced to hold things like retail manager positions because even that requires 4 years of college in some company's. I'm glad I'm not any younger than I am because these kids have it pretty bad.

Three kids, own your home outright in 20 years, high school education, no military service that you've mentioned, one job, sounds like a lie man. Sorry but I don't believe you. If it is true you're one lucky s.o.b.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Has everyone seen this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's about cloaking time by bending light between two lenses. They only have been able to cloak time for a nanosecond but IT HAS BEEN DONE. Seems like in a few hundred years (or even sooner) this could very well turn into a type of stargate.

Though I'm not an expert, from reading the description, it does seem like something which could have been done using 1950's tech.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You do realize that just by owning a home outright you're in the minority of Americans right? Also that using credit cards wisely is actually a good way to make life a lot easier? Another thing you've overlooked is that in the last 20 years since you've started out a LOT has changed. I honestly feel bad for the younger people in this country. I have several friends fresh out of college with 4 year degrees that can't find a job in their field and are forced to hold things like retail manager positions because even that requires 4 years of college in some company's. I'm glad I'm not any younger than I am because these kids have it pretty bad.

Three kids, own your home outright in 20 years, high school education, no military service that you've mentioned, one job, sounds like a lie man. Sorry but I don't believe you. If it is true you're one lucky s.o.b.

I consider myself in the minority in lots of ways. When I left home I worked hard and saved my money unlike my peers who blew their money every weekend. Also when my first kid was on the way I bought a run down house, fixed it up and a year later sold it for twice what I paid, bought my existing home on a 15 year mortgage unlike everyone else I know doing a 30 (or 40!) year mortgage. I've never owned a jetski or a new car like my peers or go on extravagant vacations or have expensive hobbies...hell, I still go to the library rather than buy books. I live within my means and always have...growing up poor makes me value every penny I guess.

Luck has not much to do with it, more to do with common sense and a bit of foresight...although I am lucky in that my immediate family has always been pretty healthy.

Oh, and as for the kids these days, my 19 year old niece works a full time job, has her own apartment and paying for her own college. She has also managed to start saving money to buy a home. Does she live in the trendy part of the city? No. Is her car a POS? Yes. Is she jealous of her friends partying all the time? You bet. Will she be more successful than her peers? I have no doubt because she is focused on her goals and is relentless in her pursuit of happiness.
edit on 7/15/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

nonsense. we bought used cars too, and every other month they were falling apart. it got to the point that insane things were happening, like the U joint (the u joint!!!) fell off while we were driving down the road. and not once, but three separate times. we could've been catapulted into the air, luckily we weren't.

we bought another car, for more money (still used) and the engine blew up in the drive way 3 days after we bought it, the electrical system shorted out, we had to buy a whole new engine. one day while i was driving it down the street the steering wheel FELL OFF IN MY HANDS. it was so ridiculous by that point, my friend who was with me burst out laughing. it was that unreal. she had been there to see all the crazy things that were happening to our cars, and that was just the straw that broke the camels back. they kept us perpetually poor as we were forking out over 300 dollars a month just in repairs and maintenance, when he didn't even make 800 dollars a month to begin with. we had to sleep 5 people in an one bedroom basement apartment. we cut coupons, we shopped only at second stores and the salvation army. we even collected beer and soda cans from garbage cans to sell them to machine that gave you 5 cents a pound.

we split an ice cream cone three ways and that's all we had to eat for the day because we had no food (and the only reason we had the ice cream cone was because i found a free ice cream cone coupon). and he had a full time job. he made just enough not to qualify us for food stamps but that didn't matter, our cars kept us poor. and then the really bad stuff happened. i got deathly ill, went into a coma and ended up with hospital bills that you would not believe. they were insane (and that was after our insurance company paid 75%!). after that, i tried to work and couldn't. so i don't want to hear how it's all lollipops and rainbows if you save your money and work hard.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Has everyone seen this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's about cloaking time by bending light between two lenses. They only have been able to cloak time for a nanosecond but IT HAS BEEN DONE. Seems like in a few hundred years (or even sooner) this could very well turn into a type of stargate.

Though I'm not an expert, from reading the description, it does seem like something which could have been done using 1950's tech.

that is very interesting and down right scary too! wowzers.
i suggest everyone to read that link.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I consider myself in the minority in lots of ways. When I left home I worked hard and saved my money unlike my peers who blew their money every weekend. Also when my first kid was on the way I bought a run down house, fixed it up and a year later sold it for twice what I paid, bought my existing home on a 15 year mortgage unlike everyone else I know doing a 30 (or 40!) year mortgage. I've never owned a jetski or a new car like my peers or go on extravagant vacations or have expensive hobbies...hell, I still go to the library rather than buy books. I live within my means and always have...growing up poor makes me value every penny I guess.

Luck has not much to do with it, more to do with common sense and a bit of foresight...although I am lucky in that my immediate family has always been pretty healthy.

Oh, and as for the kids these days, my 19 year old niece works a full time job, has her own apartment and paying for her own college. She has also managed to start saving money to buy a home. Does she live in the trendy part of the city? No. Is her car a POS? Yes. Is she jealous of her friends partying all the time? You bet. Will she be more successful than her peers? I have no doubt because she is focused on her goals and is relentless in her pursuit of happiness.
edit on 7/15/2011 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

Majority of the country needs two jobs to put food on the table (if they have no college education), not expensive food, any food. Most kids don't go to college without a lot of debt or a scholarship. As far as your daughter being anymore successful? Probably not despite your predictions those friends partying will do as well or better than her. She's poor and if she wants to break out of the slave bracket she's gonna go through hell doing it, if she does it honestly.

Trendy part of the city? Again most Americans in the lower class bracket live in places called slums. If the lowest class gets to live in a slum (murder is an everyday risk here), the middle class gets to live in an ok area (murder has been seen but not often), and only the wealthy get to live in a truly nice area (murder is something other people have to worry about), where are we as a country?

You're lucky that rundown house was repairable. Most run down houses are that way because they have structural problems not worth repairing. If it did have those issues and you "put a coat of paint on it" then you're not as honest as you present yourself. It could've very well cost you more money than your purchase price. You got a jump start on life through a stroke of luck and a bit of work. Had you been unlucky you'd be out the work and the money. Hard work does not mean you get anywhere.

If you've never owned a new car or had any recreation hobby then you're a slave. You have your work, some meager and modest possessions, and your family. Stereotypical example of why this country was not founded on any of the aforementioned ideals. It was founded on the things that will benefit the guy signing your paycheck. Those are the people that decided to fight for their independence, the ones that didn't want to pay an import tax to Europe that still left them very rich men. They wanted it all, so they made it happen and came up with a really good con job. You "live within your means". That's something they made up to distract you from the fact that you can't afford a damn book.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well, those car stories made me laugh at least! Used cars are always a gamble and I was fortunate enough to have a mechanic brother-in-law who inspected my cars before I bought them not to mention I did all minor repairs myself to save money... and to be fair when I married my wife she already had a new truck which we since paid off.

And it's not a rainbow and lollipops...I just moved in my 60 year old father from 200 miles away because he lost everything due to being laid off for 3 years and his house was foreclosed on. But he's now working here a near minimum wage job and is getting his own little place in 2 weeks (renting a basement apartment). He's sixty years old, literally without a dime in his pocket (besides the ones I "lend" him) and he's not given up hope, neither should you.

Sounds like you've had it tough for sure with the medical bills, thankfully I never had to deal with that...knock on wood.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

it's worse than not being able to afford the book, there's also not being able to write and sell one now, because you have to get some kind of official stamp of approval to even earn money. not sure who's in control of that aspect of it, but more than once i've tried to write a 3rd star gate related book, either as an ebook or a cd, and have encountered one problem after another. i had intended to sell it for money. oh well, probably better that i didn't, since i'd end up listed on one of those skeptic websites where they call people charltans and rip-off artists if their books don't tow the mainstream line of thinking.

would somebody take that glass ceiling out please. it's not supposed to be in america.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

Well, those car stories made me laugh at least! Used cars are always a gamble and I was fortunate enough to have a mechanic brother-in-law who inspected my cars before I bought them not to mention I did all minor repairs myself to save money... and to be fair when I married my wife she already had a new truck which we since paid off.

And it's not a rainbow and lollipops...I just moved in my 60 year old father from 200 miles away because he lost everything due to being laid off for 3 years and his house was foreclosed on. But he's now working here a near minimum wage job and is getting his own little place in 2 weeks (renting a basement apartment). He's sixty years old, literally without a dime in his pocket (besides the ones I "lend" him) and he's not given up hope, neither should you.

Sounds like you've had it tough for sure with the medical bills, thankfully I never had to deal with that...knock on wood.

ooh that poor guy! tell him the little old lady on ats wishes him better times ahead.
i went to college after the coma. i was determined to become a doctor of natural medicine. afterall, i had learned so much about my own weirdo problems, and had been reading about vitamins, herbs and etc for a few years. then, my elderly mother who had alzheimers, came to live with us and she would cry when i went off to my classes. she didn't understand and it scared her. so i eventually had to quit school and stay with her. it was worth it though, as you only have one mom and she was an awesome mom.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Nobody said they were giving up. Just saying it's the land of the bull#, not the land of the free. I'm an ex-mechanic and learned from a guy that did it for 40 years, I've bought used cars that were lemons. There's not a whole lot anyone can tell you from simply looking and listening as far as how long it will last. I can tell you what's wrong now but not what's gonna go wrong in the future. Example, I bought a 93 Camaro and the opti-spark took a crap. No way to tell other than the history of that particular part being questionable. I repaired it and sold it because even for a weekend car that part is too hard to get at if it's gonna go out a lot.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

That was just a literal example of how he's a slave just like the rest of us. If you lack the financial freedom to go obtain something as small as a book then that's a sad situation for the country to be in.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

That was just a literal example of how he's a slave just like the rest of us. If you lack the financial freedom to go obtain something as small as a book then that's a sad situation for the country to be in.

originally, when i tried to get permission to include artworks i had found in another book, i was told by the publisher of that book that i would have to prove i was a successful author first and my work would have to meet their approval as well. turned out (zorgon found this out for me) that the artworks in question, even in their photographed and digitized forms, had been in the public domain for years. they lied to me. they lied to me to keep me from publishing a book without their approval.

top topics

<< 293  294  295    297  298  299 >>

join