It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 295
<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Heya,

This might have been brought up but.. i admit to have read a lot, but not all pages :-)

IF an ancient or alien civilisation had visited earth and gave us culture, tbh, they've done a #ty job at it...
Teach people to build clay houses, ...

Inb4 'but they wanted us as slaves, so they kept us dumb'.

Modern man is basically a slave of the system. The ruling elite isn't keeping us dumb. They keep us less informed then they are, but by no means are we kept dumb. It pays off to have a pretty smart following.
You don't have to babysit, and they are stronger 'pets' in general.

As for the stargates being real. From a technological point of view, most people here seem to be insanely anotropomorphic.

A) Noone says alien life or ancient life should be human life, or even remotely think like us. Their technology might have less issues with the laws of nature.

B) IF they are more advanced then we are now, they'll likely be so exponentially (technology is exponential, it feeds off itself, and speeds up exponentially).
Therefor, even though WE have no clue about stargate tech, that doesn't mean they have other laws of loopholes in the laws that they know about.

peace

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

We generally have the answers long before we think we do....just That finding the jewel in a barrel of rocks will drive you mad.
Do you believe current earthly occurrences will indirectly bring a Larger awareness to the history in regard to Enki and Enlil
?
s & f for sharing and your knowledge of the Nephilin.
I would like to read your e-book

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilzown
Modern man is basically a slave of the system. The ruling elite isn't keeping us dumb. They keep us less informed then they are, but by no means are we kept dumb. It pays off to have a pretty smart following.
You don't have to babysit, and they are stronger 'pets' in general.

There's a difference between smart and enlightened. I assume the majority of this site's members are probably citizens of the United States of America. Which is a democratic nation that puts the pursuit of happiness and personal rights first and foremost right?

As soon as I was old enough to have memory I was carted off to a place I did not like in a large and dirty yellow vehicle each morning. Growing up the answer to many questions involving authority at my home was resolved by the explanation "because I said so". Once I was of age and able to act of my own free will I then attended another institution which I did not enjoy to the fullest. As an adult I wake up long before I actually want to wake up and go to another place which I do not enjoy. I tell myself "it's not supposed to be fun, it's work". Throughout the day I frequently complete tasks which have no real purpose. Simply "because someone said so". After that I get home and normally have a few more tasks to complete before it's time to either go to sleep, or maybe watch a television program.

My parents told me "because I said so". I will tell my children "because I said so". My boss tells me "because I said so". Their boss will tell them "because I said so". We're a very unenlightened society when you look at the majority of the lives we lead. We're all very insignificant to anything other than to serve our masters. We will keep doing this in hope that one day we will not have to do it any longer. We will soon be deceased after that happens, especially if you are a lower class slave your entire life. Each rank in life has a bit more privilege than the others below it (like slaves), but the only true masters are the people that never hear the words "because I said so" unless it comes from their mouth. The rest of us are slaves to our own fear of things like homelessness, financial distress, ridicule, morality, religion, or negative reinforcement. Hey aren't those things mankind created?

Mankind, it's own worst enemy.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
The rest of us are slaves to our own fear of things like homelessness, financial distress, ridicule, morality, religion, or negative reinforcement. Hey aren't those things mankind created?

Mankind, it's own worst enemy.

First of all you shouldn't remove yourself from mankind as you are a part of it. You should have wrote "Mankind, OUR own worst enemy" and that might be true, but I don't think so. Try living in an area void of all mankind and find out which will kill you faster, mankind or lack of it. I believe the "natural world" is much more vicious.

Secondly, you sound like a weak person. Not saying you are, but you sound that way. I grew up much like you being made to go to school and listen to authority figures (and hating it also). I learned a lot and attempt to pass on what I learned to my children...because I know better. That's how it works! You seem to think that mankind would be better off if children were given the choice of going to school, guess how many would choose to? How long would mankind last being uneducated?

Third, as for the evil creations of mankind (homelessness, financial distress, ridicule, morality, religion, or negative reinforcement) well, we aren't perfect but we aren't slaves. At least I'm not. I own my house and 2 cars, make a good living (am debt free), and have a happy family. I don't feel like a slave. And before you make assumptions about me I grew up poor in a single parent home. I don't have a college degree or lottery winnings. I worked hard despite the fear of the things listed above and have prospered, you can too.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
First of all you shouldn't remove yourself from mankind as you are a part of it. You should have wrote "Mankind, OUR own worst enemy" and that might be true, but I don't think so. Try living in an area void of all mankind and find out which will kill you faster, mankind or lack of it. I believe the "natural world" is much more vicious.

Secondly, you sound like a weak person. Not saying you are, but you sound that way. I grew up much like you being made to go to school and listen to authority figures (and hating it also). I learned a lot and attempt to pass on what I learned to my children...because I know better. That's how it works! You seem to think that mankind would be better off if children were given the choice of going to school, guess how many would choose to? How long would mankind last being uneducated?

Third, as for the evil creations of mankind (homelessness, financial distress, ridicule, morality, religion, or negative reinforcement) well, we aren't perfect but we aren't slaves. At least I'm not. I own my house and 2 cars, make a good living (am debt free), and have a happy family. I don't feel like a slave. And before you make assumptions about me I grew up poor in a single parent home. I don't have a college degree or lottery winnings. I worked hard despite the fear of the things listed above and have prospered, you can too.

You own that, or the bank owns it? Do you go to work to make the world a better place? To better yourself? Because it's fun? To better someone else? Or to keep the bank from taking back the cars and house they so graciously let you use while you perform tasks you do not enjoy for the majority of your life to pay for it?

The bank owns my home as well. I own one and a half cars. Bank owns the other half.

So after my short ten years of hard work I own, furniture, clothes, a mountain bike, some tools, half a car, a television set, a pretty spiffy gas powered r/c car, and a dog. The car I own is about worn out. The one I don't will be worn out by the time I do. The area my house sits in will be a crappy area by the time it is paid for. Seems like a #ty deal for ten years don't you think? I know if I had the knowledge or even dedicated the time to learn how to build each of those items with the exception of my dog I could've made many of those during the last ten years for myself and others.

We all have masters. Sounds like you have many. Just because I realize "the game" and why they've designed it doesn't make me weak, it makes me smart. I also refuse to play it. I don't really fit into "mankind". I think independently of the BS so many humans spew. You tried to give me a good example of how you aren't a slave, yet you are the stereotypical slave with no recognition that he is a slave. Which is the whole idea behind the United States of America, and mankind.

One day it will die if we don't blow ourselves up first. By that point we'll probably have evolved to be much different than we are now. We won't really be mankind anymore. That's assuming the most likely event of our own extinction doesn't happen! One day current human thinking could be thought of as barbaric as we consider a beast's thinking right now. It's the most logical direction any species can take.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wutz4tom
reply to post by undo

We generally have the answers long before we think we do....just That finding the jewel in a barrel of rocks will drive you mad.
Do you believe current earthly occurrences will indirectly bring a Larger awareness to the history in regard to Enki and Enlil
?
s & f for sharing and your knowledge of the Nephilin.
I would like to read your e-book

yeah, doesn't it seem like it to you? sitchin believed they had long but limited life spans. i don't. he thought it was long family tree, and that when one precessional cycle ended the former guy in charge was replaced by a new guy from the same family tree, for the next precessional cycle. i think he was wrong about that too. i don't think these guys are human beings, which is also different than sitchin's theory about who they were. he thought the story of enki and ninmah was the story of the "creation" of man and was the same as the story in the old testament genesis story. it both is and isn't. in fact, the enki and ninmah story seems more related to my gate theory than any of the other sumerian texts combined. i've explained earlier in the thread why that is so

for example, i don't think, ninmah or the 7 birth goddesses were actually living people/beings, i think they were deified gates. 7 of them. ninmah was the glorified midwife in the story, which i believe is a reference to the machinery that controlled the gates. and those messed up people they were creating, were literally coming thru the gate in that shape. gate travel at the time, was not geared for human flesh, thusly why those old texts kept elaborating on why it was a one way trip for humans and in most cases, humans were not allowed to use them at all, because they would die. the epic of gilgamesh elaborates on gilgamesh's trip thru the gate of paradise, which required he first prove his body was capable of it. so the gate "Guardians" scanned him somehow to make sure he could withstand the journey before they allowed him to use the gate. they concluded he was 2/3rds god and should have no problem and let him enter. artworks of the event, depict him underwater, even though the gate story itself, says nothing about any water. so clearly there's a piece missing from the story, and a sizeable one at that.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
yeah, doesn't it seem like it to you? sitchin believed they had long but limited life spans. i don't. he thought it was long family tree, and that when one precessional cycle ended the former guy in charge was replaced by a new guy from the same family tree, for the next precessional cycle. i think he was wrong about that too. i don't think these guys are human beings, which is also different than sitchin's theory about who they were. he thought the story of enki and ninmah was the story of the "creation" of man and was the same as the story in the old testament genesis story. it both is and isn't. in fact, the enki and ninmah story seems more related to my gate theory than any of the other sumerian texts combined. i've explained earlier in the thread why that is so

for example, i don't think, ninmah or the 7 birth goddesses were actually living people/beings, i think they were deified gates. 7 of them. ninmah was the glorified midwife in the story, which i believe is a reference to the machinery that controlled the gates. and those messed up people they were creating, were literally coming thru the gate in that shape. gate travel at the time, was not geared for human flesh, thusly why those old texts kept elaborating on why it was a one way trip for humans and in most cases, humans were not allowed to use them at all, because they would die. the epic of gilgamesh elaborates on gilgamesh's trip thru the gate of paradise, which required he first prove his body was capable of it. so the gate "Guardians" scanned him somehow to make sure he could withstand the journey before they allowed him to use the gate. they concluded he was 2/3rds god and should have no problem and let him enter. artworks of the event, depict him underwater, even though the gate story itself, says nothing about any water. so clearly there's a piece missing from the story, and a sizeable one at that.

Ever read Dante's Inferno?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
gilgamesh is a real head scratcher of a character and story. for example he had an identical clone called enkidu, who was created from the detritus of gilgamesh's creation, kind of like the movie TWINS, where arnold schwartzneggar is genetically engineered to be this perfect specimen and danny devito is his messed up twin, created with the left over not so hot genetic material. the reason i say it's a head scratcher is i think it contains part of the story of nimrod, and that he, like nimrod, was upgraded after he was already born, which is also evident in that enkidu is created after gilgamesh is already an adult. he's literally cloned in his image.

however, upon seeing his clone die, gilgamesh freaks out and goes to the gate of paradise and travels thru it to get the secret of immortality from what is essentially the akkadian version of noah, (who is in paradise). upon receiving the secret (which is really not described in detail) he supposedly loses it on the trip back thru the gate, which in other related stories he is said to lose it in the water (the abyss. translators get abzu and abyss confused with water/sea/the deep/the void). you get the impression it's a plant of some kind so then a whole alternate theory springs up that the eternal life thing is some ocean plant. i don't think so, not even for a second. there's an answer in there somewhere, ijust haven't quite figured it out yet.

edit on 14-7-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I would also have to say yes. An awful lot is taking place that we cant get a wrap on with our current thinking. And I dont think its only because its beyond our comprehension. An understanding that will come only after we are given acess to this pool of information from which to comprehend the real story.. Possibly shocking to some it may be....but not much more than watching our lives and planet turning into a hell. A connection between thier history and our existance may hold the answer to why this is happening and what can be done.Hopefully this answer pool will become available...if its being held back until things get really bad.......perhaps these beings have it all mapped out and its just running its course..time will tell...whole lot to this story for sure.
Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

yeah but it's been awhile.
why, did you recognize something?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Mainly just that it seems to reference a journey through multiple "gates". It is of course a work of fiction as is the Epic of Gilgamesh. Interesting information you've gathered I'm just not so sure I'd place so much faith in other and older stories when trying to prove a theory

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't think the Epic of Gilgamesh is actually fiction, but an allegorical account, symbolic of a life journey. Nimrod has been compared to Gilgamesh. There could have been more than one Nimrod, because the meaning of Nimrod is 'Rebel' or 'rebellious' one. At the end of Gilgamesh's life, of course, the 'serpent' steals the elixer of life that would have given him his youth back.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Mainly just that it seems to reference a journey through multiple "gates". It is of course a work of fiction as is the Epic of Gilgamesh. Interesting information you've gathered I'm just not so sure I'd place so much faith in other and older stories when trying to prove a theory

Curious, your "Thestargateisreal" and your posting on the Stargates Are Real thread stating that they are NOT real.

Really???

Would be very interested in your theory if you care to post.

PS Welcome to ATS
edit on 7/14/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
I don't think the Epic of Gilgamesh is actually fiction, but an allegorical account, symbolic of a life journey. Nimrod has been compared to Gilgamesh. There could have been more than one Nimrod, because the meaning of Nimrod is 'Rebel' or 'rebellious' one. At the end of Gilgamesh's life, of course, the 'serpent' steals the elixer of life that would have given him his youth back.

It's actually one of the very first works of literature ever composed. Whether it is fiction or not the chances that a good portion of the translation on it is completely WRONG is high. I just wouldn't take that particular bit of information "to the bank" when trying to prove a theory. It is likely that any serious skeptics would not take you seriously if you used it as a source of information.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
Curious, your "Thestargateisreal" and your posting on the Stargates Are Real thread stating that they are NOT real.

Really???

Would be very interested in your theory if you care to post.

PS Welcome to ATS
edit on 7/14/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: typo

Calm down there big guy. The name is a bit of a joke. I'm not saying the possibility isn't there. I'm simply saying that good info is hard to find and in the case of trying to prove anything dropping the refutable evidence and displaying only the irrefutable evidence will help convince more people that work in the archeology field to entertain the notion.
edit on 14-7-2011 by Thestargateisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Australian Aboriginal Bora Rings. Depiction of Stargates?

A long internet while back I came upon an Aboriginal Myth in relation to a location in Sth Australia, which to me sounded a lot like what one can read about the famed Skin Walker Ranch. A scary Location that appears to be an open slather wormhole for any old weirdo in the system go astray in for a moment.

I've never been able to find the link I was reading about that rather odd sounding location but instead have come upon the Bora Rings which do carry some interesting yet limited information which seem to appear like Stargates.

A lot of Gods in this two page PDF which makes one wonder....

Cult of The Sky Hero PDF Extract from the Uni of Queersland.

SOURCE

Wights Mountain Bora Ring

Artistic Depiction:

SOURCE

Wikipedia Article:

(Stairway to Heaven ?)

A Bora is the name given both to an initiation ceremony of Indigenous Australians, and to the site on which the initiation is performed. At such a site, young boys are transformed into men. The initiation ceremony differs from culture to culture, but often involves circumcision and scarification, and may also involve the removal of a tooth or part of a finger. The ceremony, and the process leading up to it, involves the learning of sacred songs, stories, dances, and traditional lore. Many different clans will assemble to participate in an initiation ceremony.

SOURCE:

en.wikipedia.org...

A study of Indigenous ceremonial ("Bora") sites in eastern Australia

The Bora Ring at Nar-dha

The Bora Ring (boorl or buhl) was highly significant in the daily and spiritual lives of Aboriginal people. These sacred places were constructed only in southeast Queensland and northern New South Wales. They were generally out of bounds for uninitiated males, women and children. Women had their own initiation/ceremonial areas, which were prohibited to adult males.

*SNIP*

During initiation process, male Elders would scrutinise each boy for signs indicating special talents or powers. Any boy showing such signs would be encouraged to proceed to the next level of initiation. Following their ceremony, initiates gradually assumed the rights and responsibilities men have towards the safety and well being of their families and kinship groups.

SOURCE:

www.nudgeewaterholes.com...

Bora Ring Map SE Queersland Map:

SOURCE:

www.nudgeewaterholes.com...

edit on 14-7-2011 by Somamech because: img

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here some links you might find interesting about Stargates.

vndx.wordpress.com...
vndx.wordpress.com...

Legend, however, recalls the Dark Gods as visiting our planet several times in the past, by passing through one of the many “Star gates”. Star Gates are regions in (causal) space-time where our causal universe and the universe, or realm, of the acausal are joined: they are physical gates, or nexions, and passage from one universe to another is possible through them. According to legend, Star gates exist near the stars Dabih, Naos and Algol: that is, if you journeyed from Earth in the direction of one of these stars you would pass through, or near to, a Star Gate. There are also stories of a Star Gate within our own Solar System: the Gate through which the Dark Gods came to Earth. This Star Gate is believed to be near the planet Saturn. Sometimes, the Abyss invades our dreams, but mostly the Abyss is reached by following the Seven-Fold Sinister Way. It lies – on the Tree of Wyrd – between the spheres of the Sun and Mars, and divides the Adept from the Master/Mistress.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

What's your take on the theory that comet elenin is actually an orbiting satellite, that is in orbit around a possible ,
planet, (a conveniently undetectable one??)Just wondering...

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

It's actually one of the very first works of literature ever composed. Whether it is fiction or not the chances that a good portion of the translation on it is completely WRONG is high. I just wouldn't take that particular bit of information "to the bank" when trying to prove a theory. It is likely that any serious skeptics would not take you seriously if you used it as a source of information.

Oh come on! Who is trying to prove a theory? I KNOW the Epic of Gilgamesh is one of the first ancient writings discovered. I even know what it's written on! I also stated that it's ALLEGORICAL! Can I prove it's allegorical? No more than Noah's Ark!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There are many variations of the Tower of Babel.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think it's interesting that Gilgamesh comes to the end of his life satisfied at what he has.

These words mark one of the most astonishing transitions in literature. Only a few lines earlier, Gilgamesh was in despair because he lost his magical plant, his last opportunity for immortality, which he believes is a sign that he should abandon his quest. But this loss was also the moment of truth. Accompanied by Urshanabi the boatman, who has been forbidden to have any further commerce with the immortals, he approaches the vast, beautiful urban expanse of Uruk, with its cultivated fields and orchards and its towering ziggurat devoted to Ishtar, all of it enclosed by intricately wrought walls. Gilgamesh, seeing it anew, regards it with pride and awe. Offering up his realm for the boatman’s admiration, Gilgamesh repeats, word for word, the opening lines of the epic. This is my city, he says. My place. He has quested to the ends of the earth for the meaning of life and found it at last in his own home. Thus ends The Epic of Gilgamesh.

edit on 14-7-2011 by Onboard2 because: Corrected a statement

top topics

<< 292  293  294    296  297  298 >>

join