It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 275
<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

interesting. what if it's an active galaxy? check this video out

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
see post above and watch whole thing when you get a chance.
it's verrrry interesting but rather long.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Fantastic video - thanks for posting.

Is the vortex illustration used in the video to depict the gravitational power of a black hole simply an illustration? I understand that the black hole itself (theoretically) creates a "tear" in the fabric of space time which lends to the illustration of the downward pulling vortex, but I can't help but see that illustration as flawed -- kind of like trying to explain a fourth dimension in 2-D...

If a black hole were spherical, its gravitational pull would be equal in all directions -- essentially creating a "vortex" in every direction. Accounting for the spin of the black hole would still at least create a top and bottom vortex, I guess...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
Just show me one stargate and one man or woman from the other side and I will never ask again and believe this rubbish theory.

Somewhere in Sumeria...

This one even has the symbols on the outer ring

Giovanni di Paolo, 1445,
Creation of the World & Expulsion from Paradise

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f241b592e685ebe5.jpg[/atsimg]

WOAH You been holding out on me

Nice... got the source of that one?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

it's on my post with the video of hawass in seti i's tomb . you must've gotten side tracked with the vid and associated link and didn't read rest of the post.

here it is (on the theban mapping project)
www.thebanmappingproject.com...
to see the post in question, just click the picture link in my signature.

edit on 30-1-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle
I do agree that a ship would have to have some sort of shielding they would be able to survive

Hence the reason UFO's are always 'fuzzy'

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

more precisely, this page, 3rd pic from the left, top row

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
p.s. the description for that one is:

Book of Gates, fifth division (P)/sixth hour (H), scene 41: uraeus in Lake of Fire (preliminary sketch).

direct link to pic with description

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yukitup
reply to post by undo

Is the vortex illustration used in the video to depict the gravitational power of a black hole simply an illustration? ..

yeah i think most of the close up images of black holes are illustrations.
not sure i understand the point of the rest of your post. are you just thinking outloud? i do that alot. lol

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yukitup
reply to post by undo

Is the vortex illustration used in the video to depict the gravitational power of a black hole simply an illustration? ..

yeah i think most of the close up images of black holes are illustrations.
not sure i understand the point of the rest of your post. are you just thinking outloud? i do that alot. lol

Sorry bout that - probably wasn't very clear...

The illustration in the video presented the "tear" in the fabric of space time created by the black hole as essentially a funnel, with the black hole creating a kind of toilet bowl effect of gravitational pull. As a result, matter appears to be pulled "down" into the black hole from "normal" space time above. My problem with the illustration is that matter would not simply be pulled from one direction -- there would be no "funnel" or toilet bowl effect from one direction (above) b/c the gravitational pull from the black hole would be equally exerted in all directions...

So assuming that galaxies form in discs around massive black holes in part as a result of the theoretical spinning of the black hole itself and that most of the matter subsequently absorbed by the black hole is therefore pulled directionally from its "equatorial" latitudes, the "funnel" effect should still be exerted in 360 degrees and not simply from "above" as it is in the illustration...

Probably not even worth breaking down, but those funnel illustrations seem to have been universally adopted by shows on black holes and, well, it just bugs me!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
double post
edit on 1-2-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Yukitup

can you draw a diagram of what you mean
and label the parts?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
this is very interesting. I believe in stargate, but have we got any incident that has happened or going to happen. I believe this is like travelling to parallel universe or to another universe/place.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Yukitup

I believe I understand exactly what you are saying. I have the same problem when looking at diagrams of different objects, relating to space. For example, when an image is shown of a planet and they try to show that the planet's gravity effects space by bending it. They show the planet as sitting on a grid and depict the grid 'bending' around the planet. However, the space is 'bent' in all directions around the planet, not just where the grid depicts it.

So the force of the black hole would pull objects towards it, with it's gravity, in all directions, not just on the plane depicted by the funnel, shown in many illustrations. The gravitational force of the black hole exerted on an object would be the same from any point, equal distance from the black hole, no matter the objects location - north, south, east, or west, or any variation, respectively.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Yukitup

can you draw a diagram of what you mean
and label the parts?

Not that computer savvy... Sorry!

I wish I could, though...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by Yukitup

I believe I understand exactly what you are saying. I have the same problem when looking at diagrams of different objects, relating to space. For example, when an image is shown of a planet and they try to show that the planet's gravity effects space by bending it. They show the planet as sitting on a grid and depict the grid 'bending' around the planet. However, the space is 'bent' in all directions around the planet, not just where the grid depicts it.

So the force of the black hole would pull objects towards it, with it's gravity, in all directions, not just on the plane depicted by the funnel, shown in many illustrations. The gravitational force of the black hole exerted on an object would be the same from any point, equal distance from the black hole, no matter the objects location - north, south, east, or west, or any variation, respectively.

Yeah -- What he said!

That pretty much nails it...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Yukitup

that's messing with my thought processes.
so is that why black holes are sometimes depicted as black spheres?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Yukitup

that's messing with my thought processes.
so is that why black holes are sometimes depicted as black spheres?

I don't have a problem with that - apparently the black sphere depiction is accurate with regards to the event horizon (which is all that we may visually observe of a black hole). As light is pulled into the black hole by its immense gravity and passes the event horizon we are not left with anything to observe (thus the black sphere).

Who knows what it looks like inside the event horizon, we'll likely never find out...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My hope in humanity dies a little for every sensationlist post I read without solid evidence lol
edit on 3-2-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join