It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 239
<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

and here's the clincher: they said that wasn't the first time it happened. in other words, the Mediterranean had been a valley more than once in the history of the planet, meaning on more than one occassion in our distance past, the Atlantic ocean levels skyrocketed.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by undo]

...and in the distant distant past, well before there were Humans the Mediterranean was part of a circum-equatorial ocean that we have called Tethys. The Mediterranean is the remnants of Tethys.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
forum not paging over again?
posting this so i can see the new post.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What's going on down on the Gulf of Aden?
I've heard rumors that a stargate just powered up in January. Seems odd to me that more than a dozen of the worlds super powers sent their battleships over there to battle piracy...have you seen their boats?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I never believed this could be happening in my lifetime..
but I am not a believer that things can travel in and out of dimensions..
I'm trying to post in similar topics such as these about my experience I had last night..

..we are not alone, and we never were... these things changed the ancient civilizations, and helped control the direction of humanity..
now they're returning..
and they can tap into your 'essence'... it's the most insane feeling i've ever felt

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder what really happened to the ancient and priceless
artifacts that were stolen from Iraq's museums by 'looters', during the first weeks of the U.S. invasion. Sometimes a museum will aquire items with strange inscriptions that no one can understand or decipher, and these items will often be placed in storeage and forgotten about. I wouldn't be surprized if many of the looters were actually crack teams of special ops headed by experts in the antiquities of the country, and it was these boxes of long forgotten artifacts that they were after. I too have read that Sadam knew of, and guarded the location of a stargate in Iraq.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
What's going on down on the Gulf of Aden?
I've heard rumors that a stargate just powered up in January. Seems odd to me that more than a dozen of the worlds super powers sent their battleships over there to battle piracy...have you seen their boats?

Just powered up a stargate in January? For real? Maybe those Somalis are out there hijacking ships to get the raw materials to keep that baby powered up!
I just bet!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

what an odd thing, truly. not sure what the deal is.
well this is what happens when things can't be transparent.
we have to speculate, which is not always useful or realistic but at least
it's better than just staring at the tv.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
i'm sorry if you have covered this already but back in 2009 someone posted a grainy black and white picture of a stargate in a cave found on a nsa portal website. did anyone ever debunk it as a fake? it looked like the one on tv so it can't possible be real. also i have followed this thread off and on for years and one time when i was researching so info undo put forward i found a picture of a wall next to the alleged Egyptian light bulb that did look like a stargate in hathors crypt.

2.bp.blogspot.com...

grainy stargate.
www.thelivingmoon.com...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by some_stupid_name]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I just want to say I have re-read the first 50 pages of this thread and the last 50 pages. Yeah, I have some free time today. I wanted to reply to many...many of the posts that I read, but realized as the more I read that would be futile.

Plain and simple guys.....this stuff is nonsense. This is pure fantasy of those that are a little too invested in their outlandish beliefs and desires. I respect that many long term and high post count forum members have contributed to this thread...but I have to wonder....what have they contributed? The only thing that threads like this result in is the perpetuation of ignorance.

Please, don't kill the messenger. Step back, re-read some of this nonsense and re-calibrate yourselves. It is one thing to speculate and imagine, it is another thing to...well...re-read this thread.

Re-read this thread. If your not embarrassed by the things posted in it then, simply put, your a part of the problem. I can't say that any more clear. Blast me, ignore me, whatever....I can only say in my lifetime when none of this pans out...never mind.....you guys will have an excuse for that as well. Must be those darn "tptb" that keep this hidden. Never mind the thousands of people of many years that would have to be in cahoots......never mind logic, reason and common sense. What you WANT to believe MUST be the truth.

Seriously, stop watching t.v. and stop reading sci-fi fiction books......

200+ pages on "stargates are real".....embarrassing.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
VERY interesting thread undo...actually this thread prompted me to become a member of ATS! Impressive amount of research here.

Are the Sumerian myths or legends a recently "hot" area for making ET connections? It seems like I've been hearing more about this angle a lot lately.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by some_stupid_name

oh yeah, that's the celestial boat carrying the disk of the sun or whatever. usually the portal version is a doorway, surrounded by a serpent and is called portal of the lords of eternity.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I respect that many long term and high post count forum members have contributed to this thread.

hey i'm one of those long term high post count forum members and the op of the thread. note that the thread is 4 years old.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cagliostro

i think so and not necessarily because of sitchin either. for example, the assyriologist who originally deciphered the sumerian cuneiform wrote a book called ENKI BUILDS THE E.ENGURRA. here's a couple quotes from it:

The lord of the abyss, the king Enki, Enki the Lord who decrees the fates, Built his house of silver and lapis lazuli; Its silver and lapis lazuli, like sparkling light, The father fashioned fittingly in the abyss.
[...]
Then Enki raises the city of Eridu from the abyss and makes it float over the water like a lofty mountain.

and this is from the sumerian text, ENKI AND THE WORLD ORDER

As it has been built, as it has been built; as Enki has raised Eridug up, it is an artfully built mountain which floats on the water.

now mind you, this is supposed to be a ziggurat (totally made of metals. silver inside, gold outside) lol this quote is also from ENKI AND THE WORLD ORDER (and it is not a sitchin text, it's an original sumerian text)

The lord established a shrine, a holy shrine, whose interior is elaborately constructed. He established a shrine in the sea, a holy shrine, whose interior is elaborately constructed. The shrine, whose interior is a tangled thread, is beyond understanding. The shrine's emplacement is situated by the constellation the Field, the holy upper shrine's emplacement faces towards the Chariot constellation.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
google images had a larger version of that image that i can no longer find in the center of the disk is a wavy line which really isn't visible in the link i provided. having said that i feel the lion head pillars act as the doorway as referenced in your original Sumerian picture of the gate.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yes I was struck by that quotation about the elaborately constructed interior and the "tangled thread." I think someone suggested early on in this thread that the tangled thread might be an attempt at describing quantum entanglement. Personally I won't/can't go that far, but it's an intriguing idea to say the least.

I also was sort of struck by the idea which you hit in at least a few of your posts in this thread early on, that perhaps these writings of the Sumerians and other texts like the Mahabarata are not exclusively and entirely fantasy-land myths and bedtime stories.

I've always taken it for granted that the Greek myths are myths, that Gilgamesh was an epic poem and that the stories from the Bible are just that: stories. It never even occurred to me that I was being a bit provincial--that these simple primitives from the dusty past would take chisel or stylus in hand with a purpose other than entertaining their contemporaries and antecedents with tales of high adventure and wondrous delights.

So the notion that perhaps some, most or all of these writings were not fantasy, but were in fact a relating of how they perceived actual events, is an interesting perspective.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Some of you in this thread SERIOUSLY need to read The Cosmic Serpent and Supernatural by Hancock. A lot of this thread is pure BS. Like the one guy said......do some REAL research and put down the remote control and fiction books.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ran across some ideas the other day that kind-of narrowed the view for the purpose of any kind of stargate existence beside as a means of mass transportation. The main goal seems like to be able to keep seed banks and to spread pollination. That would cover all the subjects of terraformation to being able to recover from loss of natural resources. This is a non-fictional use-case to spread stargates to every possible planet in a galaxy with a goals that cover disaster recovery as well as potential for mass transportation.

I wrote in the alternative forum on why Big Pharma and any other War on Drug efforts may lead to the destruction of natural resources. There I showed one of the seed banks, yet it being stationary on a single planet may not be safe enough to protect seeds and their nature to ensure their primal growth.

A stargate would be the most optimal option to spread fresh pollination that may even require such pollination to remain untouched by the likeness of human hands or technology. A wormhole that warps space/time so that end-end becomes a shorter distance would ensure such natures to travels through the path untouched.

I would categorize wormhole devices, moon gates, and stargate programs that have such a goal to allow such direct passage as a means being vastly different than matter stream devices that would demolecularize whatever enters the gate to beam it to the other end-point where it is re-molecularized.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm posting if for no other reason than to be involved in a post that is 4 YEARS OLD

It would be easy to shrug this topic off if it weren't for the fact that this topic is....well... 4 YEARS OLD.

Amazing.

This is something I'll be going back to every now and then because I would like to know more about it. But I'm not about to sit down and read 239 pages in one sitting. That's just too much.

Peace

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I agree, stargates are real. Just like the men in black are real. But lots of people think those ideas are just tv shows or movies.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by birdshavewings

The cold hard truth of these questions will hit the non believers and skeptics soon enough.

top topics

<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join