It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 234
<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thatJESTERjustin

that is part of the premise of the thread. it's discussing it from the biblical and ancient text perspective. if you'd prefer a discussion on star gate type data, without ancient historical references, please see a different thread.

if you'd like to debate the ancient textual references i'm suggesting are indicating a star gate type device, then go for it. but simply basing your argument on the presumption that the old texts aren't legit.... you're gonna need more data.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by undo]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
^ see above post. posting to get it to page over.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Now I apologize if I'm out of line here but hasn't GPR pretty much put this stargate theory to bed?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I thought this thread was fantastic undo. This is a subject (ancient civilizations and legends) I'm rather heavy in myself.

I'll need to remember to give your books a read sometime. I actually plan to make a big thread soon after I do some heavy research pretty much trying to make sense of all ancient past and how events going on for at least 12000 years have been interconnected.

One question I have. In this thread, you basically have two forces at work here. And there has been heavy speculation specifically what their motives really are. To cover this, you essentially have group A, and group B was created by group A. In a variety of texts, the groups both seem to fracture over the treatment of us...or control of us.

So, let us try to finally clarify this. Is there any definitive showing which force is for what? Or EITHER truly benevolent? Or do they both want an aspect of control over us?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

the impression i got from it was that both A and B are inevitably on the same team.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

i guess i misread the title of this topic.....

i thought we were saying they were real
lol
if it would have said something along the lines of "STARGATES ARE REAL (through proof of ancient text,geographical sites,mathematical scenarios,&just plain believing in god)" than i wouldn't have joined the discussion.

I agree with title has been originally presented. we are on the "same side" on this topic but, how we got to the conclusion that they are real,are two totally different theories.
if you have one and are keeping is secret,its real and you have proof.
otherwise..... its all just theory.

i would very much like to learn more on the sites and information they have discovered---so i'm going back on the thread and reading where i left off......

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutch_Rick

Is there really a base in holland? if soc an you provide some evidence as well as location?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatJESTERjustin
reply to post by undo

i guess i misread the title of this topic.....

i thought we were saying they were real
lol
if it would have said something along the lines of "STARGATES ARE REAL (through proof of ancient text,geographical sites,mathematical scenarios,&just plain believing in god)" than i wouldn't have joined the discussion.

Would not have joined the discussion eh......?

Dammit, Undo. If only you had been real specific with your title, we all could have
avoided the incessant individuals who either did not take the time to read the thread in
it's entirety or basically lack the intellectual muscle to discuss such a topic.

It's been a long time since I've chimed in on this thread. Whatever happened to the
"strict moderation" due to it's length? The "Jester" seems more like an annoyance
than someone who sincerely wishes to contribute to the ideas presented.

Kudos again, Undo, for keeping this thread alive all these years... Almost 4 years now!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

the impression i got from it was that both A and B are inevitably on the same team.

Mind going into more detail? I mean, ignoring the possibility that it was all manipulated to some extent or another, there is war spoken between the groups, there is a complete difference in ideology, there is a different look on how we should be treated...it seems to me that they aren't on the same team anymore.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

well have you read ENMERKAR AND THE LORD OF ARRATA?

the section on the NAMSHUB OF ENKI, is particularly interesting because in it, we have ENKI confusing the languages at the tower of babel, not ENLIL. now if you read the biblical version, it is GOD who does it and if by GOD we assume ENLIL, how then do we account for ENKI being attributed to doing it in older texts and what rationale would there be to suggest he did it, if ENLIL did it, and even suggests as much in the biblical texts?

the only resolution i can get from it is that enki and enlil became one in the same GOD by the time of early babylon, late akkad, and that in reality there's a dual leadership not a single leadership. although one may be subservient in some regard to the other, they inevitably are on the same team, like a good cop/bad cop scenario.

i might even suggest that the ACCUSER is an office, like a prosecuting attorney's office. and when the accuser is done away with it will just mean the end of the need for a prosecuting attorney's office.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by undo]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by aecreate

Originally posted by thatJESTERjustin
reply to post by undo

Would not have joined the discussion eh......?

Dammit, Undo. If only you had been real specific with your title, we all could have
avoided the incessant individuals who either did not take the time to read the thread in
it's entirety or basically lack the intellectual muscle to discuss such a topic.

*****I'm now on page 194. i have only joined the discussion to give YOU the reader, a DIFFERENT side to the theory. in this thread it seems that its been proven that its all biblical and all the info presented has been a fact from the get-go

****BUT since its on this site.....ITS JUST A THEORY!!!

It's been a long time since I've chimed in on this thread. Whatever happened to the
"strict moderation" due to it's length? The "Jester" seems more like an annoyance
than someone who sincerely wishes to contribute to the ideas presented.

******NO, it is almost as if there is no debating this or presenting different THEORIES..
like you are RIGHT?
REMEMBER....this is ATS.com

****not CNN.com

Kudos again, Undo, for keeping this thread alive all these years... Almost 4 years now!

*****EXACTLY---4 years and no proof!!! ITS STILL A THEORY!!

and without annoying people like me than there would only be idiots like...uh um.....YOU!!!(who actually don't know the TRUTH but THINK you do)

and this site keeps going on with people like me who test theories...

i'm not saying you are WRONG but you are NOT RIGHT!!!
THEORY IS THEORY....and its just ideas.

but thanks for trying to closeout another persons thoughts...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

you need to pick a subject you believe has no support and elaborate on it. not just a blanket statement, so we have a basis to discuss. just saying IT AIN'T SO, is probably not much better than me saying IT IS SO. therefore, pick some reference in the thread and present a reason for why you think it is inaccurate.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

you need to pick a subject you believe has no support and elaborate on it. not just a blanket statement, so we have a basis to discuss. just saying IT AIN'T SO, is probably not much better than me saying IT IS SO. therefore, pick some reference in the thread and present a reason for why you think it is inaccurate.

haha the guys clearly a troll or an idiot.

either way this site is full of them.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
How does one keep track of all this info? Do you write each little tidbit on a white board and have little different colored lines showing how one event/passage ties in with another. By the time I hit page 60 my eyes were glazing over and I was losing comprehension of how everything fit together. Several times I have said to myself I was going to read the whole thread in one sitting and I could not possibly do it.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
OK, this thread is over 230 pages long, and I can't pour over all the pages. Can someone post cliff notes and provide a brief summary of what his thread is about and where it went?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

summary:

the bottomless pit/abyss mentioned in revelation 9 of the bible is the same thing as the abzu of ancient sumer, the nun of ancient egypt,, and the watery chaos of creation of babylon. but rather than being all references to underground water, i suggest they are all references to wormhole devices and specifically the biggest one, which i theorize was at one time on the floor of the persian gulf, and is today underneath the 65 miles of new shoreline added to the mouth of the euphrates river and coast of iraq, by 6000 years of silt deposition.

you asked for a summary

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Undo

Check this out, I was just reading your post and decided to read Enoch as reading it, I stumbled across this little bit of information.

The books of Enoch
Charles Ethipian Enoch 1-60
Section I. chapters 1-xxxvI

4 And again the lord said to Raphael: ‘Bind Azazel(one of the angels that come to earth from heaven from gen 6:4, Azazel taught men to make swords, knives, and shields, breastplates, and made kknown the metals of the earth, and the art of working them, and a lot more) hand and foort, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening
5 in the desert, which is in Dudael, and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there forever, and cover his face that he may
6,7 not see light. And on the day of the great judgment he shall be cast into the fire.

There is a lot of strange things going on in these older stories I don’t fully understand.

I read someone’s theory on why the war on Iraq was really to get a hold of a star gate at that temple you showed in your first link. In attempt to open it and when in doing so beings will come through and over throw the earth, and release evilness on planet.

Well if this is a possible theory I would add that the aliens others believe in are part of the fallen ones, on a different dimension than us and when the gate is opened it will allow them means of travel to our dimension. In attempt to release the bound angels, to fulfill a final battle plan.

The tower of Babel was being constructed to reach unto heaven, to make a name for themselves LEAST they be scattered abroad upon the face of the earth. Now in the “ The Testament of Solomon” a demon talks about how he can travel to heaven and hear the orders of man being handed out before it happens down here, but they(demons) are unable to stay long in heaven because they don’t have footing, and fall back down.
Can these two be connected someway.

Back to the tower its strange how they wanted to make a name for themselves and build a tower to reach heaven, based on the idea they would be scattered upon the face of the earth, and that is exactly what happened to them.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Sippy Cup]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

There are problems with this belief.

One, it discounts the possibility that these records have been highly manipulated and changed since then, leading to the possibility that those we believe to be benevolent are actually malevolent.

Second, it assumes either of these beings are truly trying to help us. This may not be the case. One may be benevolent to us but for their own reasons. Their intent, truly, may not to help us but to ensnare us in worship of them.

See, I don't think Jesus was the Son of God. I don't believe he was a particularly divine being. He was a man, and a lot of early accounts and even some biblical accounts suggest that Jesus was esoteric, and this is supported due to the belief that Jesus visited India. Early Christianity has NOTHING in common with Abrahamic beliefs, they believed in meditation (which is not supported by the Church), they believed in reincarnation (not supported in the Bible OR Church). In reality, early Christianity, which I'm suggesting between Christ till Constantines conversion or possible even prior to his conversion, is NOTHING like Christianity as it is since that time and the telling of the bible.

Even The Buddha's original teachings, which while orthodoxy suggested was started in 500-400 BC, I believed originated 1200 years PRIOR to this date (look for a thread talking about Ancient India being a superpower in the lost civilization forum), was highly manipulated later on, bringing about worship and the like. Hell, look at Tibetan Buddhism which is one of the most hypocritical beliefs on this planet.

And speaking on Ancient India, the accounts of the war in their ancient historical texts, which are in my belief the oldest on this planet, suggested that BOTH parties in the end were seeking dominion and control over man. And this war was a highly supernatural war. In fact, Ancient Indian historical accounts and beliefs was in large part the reason ANY historical or religious text relating to highly unusual and supernatural events was ignored by orthodoxy of the German High Critics. Again, this is all talked about in the Ancient India; superpower thread in the lost civilization forum. And it is HIGHLY researched.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So I was reading a little bit about the Mayan/Aztec gods and found some intriguing information..

(I'm going off some cliff-notes, so keep that in mind.)

Quetzalcoatl
aka Kukulcan, "The Feathered Serpent". "The God of Light".
Associated with the East, Venus, The Dawn, Mercy, The Wind, Merchants,
Arts and Crafts and Knowledge.

Tezcatlipoca
aka "The Sun of the Earth", "The Smoking Mirror", and Tohil by the Mayans.
Associated with the Night Sky, Night Winds, Hurricanes, The North,
Earth, Obsidian, Enmity, Rulership, Temptation, Jaguars, Sorcery,
Beauty, War, and Strife. Sometimes called "The Possessor of The Sky"
Known for having a mirror on his chest that emits smoke, or in some
other versions, a smoking obsidian knife in his forehead and a leg that
is a snake.

The other two gods didn't seem that important-
Huitzilopochtil
aka "The God of War". Associated with The South and the color Blue.
Xipe Totec
aka "The God of Gold". Associated with Farming and Springtime.

So before they could populate Earth, there was a giant sea monster, and basically
Tezcatlipoca (Tez) stuck his leg in the water so the monster could bite it. When
it bit down, Quetzalcoatl (Quetz) killed it. Soon after began The First Creation (or World).

Descended from those four gods in the First World were supposedly people who were Giants.
Tez seemed to be in charge at the time, and was known as "The Sun of the Earth".
After awhile Quetz knocks Tez out of the sky. Tez, obviously angry, destroys the First
World, commanding his Jaguars to consume everyone (the Giants), and at some point,
promises to return on a "Raft of Snakes".

Thus begins the Second World, where Quetz repopulates the Earth. During this period
he was referred to as "the Sun of Water". As promises were meant to be kept, Tez
returns and overthrows Quetz, sending him into exile. Tez destroys the Second World
with a great wind, and whoever survived was turned into "Monkeys", which I'm guessing
are more like Humans. This is the beginning of the Third World.

I'm not certain how long the Third World lasted, but Quetz returns, sending down fire,
which destroys the world again, except for a few humans who survived. They were
supposedly turned into "Birds", but I read another version where Quetz goes to the
Underworld where he steals his people's bones, so he can dip these bones in his blood
to resurrect his people. This period is the Fourth World.

The references to Tez's "Smoking Mirror" were what initially caught my attention.
I'm going to assume based on their given associations that-

Quetzalcoatl = Enki/Ea
Tezcatlipoca = Enlil

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

that's entirely possible. someone pointed out to me that the name "Tenoch" was in fact related to Enoch. his story does seem to mirror that of enoch's story and the culture itself may hint at what the pre-biblical people believed, passed down for generations. see wiki link en.wikipedia.org...

as regards the giants that the animals attacked -- it says in one translation that they were "walking trees", which, if you consider the statuary, is more akin to walking machines - very blocky. i went off on a tangent on that subject and ended up researching kachina dolls. here's some examples:

www.uic.edu...
www.johnhillgallery.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 231  232  233    235  236  237 >>

join