It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Agreed. It only takes about 1000 time of looking at the moon and witnessing the fingernail travelling across the surface to completely darken it before you figure out that a spherical earth is casting a shadow. I admit that that given foreknowledge it's easier to conceive, but please?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
But where does it go from here? I have many times been down the path of speculation only to have to return to the mundane. If we have relatives from distant places, why the wait? If we do not, why the desire? Is it so important to us to have a way out of lives that we have to create our gods or is it so clearly evident that only I have problems seeing that we have been "touched"?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zen_Doh
But where does it go from here? I have many times been down the path of speculation only to have to return to the mundane. If we have relatives from distant places, why the wait? If we do not, why the desire? Is it so important to us to have a way out of lives that we have to create our gods or is it so clearly evident that only I have problems seeing that we have been "touched"?

Mind elaborating on what you mean by "touched"? Well, according to the biblical and pseudopigraphical texts, the "gods" of ancient sumer, who were responsible for the mess the planet had become (genetically, environmentally) were stuffed in the abyss (the star gate in this case) and sent ...somewhere else, the gate was locked somehow and buried, the flood transpired, and for several hundred years (pretty much the entire length of the akkadian period), there was not much activity in that regard. Then more "anunnaki" arrived, and the whole thing started up again, but this time, they had to approach the situation differently or risk getting the same results that had occured prior to the flood.

This woulda been Nimrod's cue.

He attempts to rebuild Enki's sumerian E.ABZU and reopen the Abzu gate. He fails, the Etemenanki (Tower of Babel, E.ABZU) is destroyed, and the Abzu gate is reburied. He takes his entourage to Egypt and brings the remaining gate, the "Dur.Anki" gate of Enlil (another sumerian Anunnaki) with him to Egypt. (my current theory) There he founds the city of Abydos (Egyptian Abdju, pronounced Abzu), and builds the underground "Osirieon" chamber to house the Dur.anki gate. Whether he used it or not, is the next question.

My theory is that the worm hole needs sufficient mass of a particular composition and shape, above it, thusly why they were encased in chambers under pyramidal type structures. This inspires yet another question: Where was the "mound", the primeval mountain, the holy mountain, above the Osirieon? Where'd it go?! So, this leads to yet another series of questions (oy):

Did someone destroy the Osirieon pyramid? Was this the basis for the story of Osiris being cut into 14 pieces by his evil brother, Set ?

[edit on 28-8-2006 by undo]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It's interesting to note that the obelisk was said to be modelled after Osiris' missing body part, his "private member". So, perhaps the stone from the Osirieon pyramid was cut into 14 separate obelisks and spread around egypt. There's something there, I just don't have enough details yet.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka
this whole stargate theory seems a bit too extreme. I may agree or believe in a lot of things but these stargates are not one of them.
If there was stuff out about it before the show I might take it seriously but I think the show 'Stargate' made all this come about.

There was a lot of stuff out there before the show!!

Even the actual term star gate was used by a government project in the 60's run by the military and the CIA.

Undo has found a lot of connections and references in history, as have I but I suppose until we actually stuff you through one nothing will convince you

Ah I see now why the question about Seti I Seems you have jumped ahead a little further than I expected
Nice work!
[Guess that's what happens when I go to work for a few days... ]You know a gate such as that needs a power source. In modern times we have only one power plant per city yes? Think of Hathor's temple in Dendera in this "light"

[edit on 29-8-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtemisFowl
i believe it is possible to transporet and do such but i want pics n videos of it 4 proof

Here you go the Abzu gate right from the Sumerians themselves... Beth posted this earlier but I know how diligently you all read all the posts

By the way in case you missed the reference

Abydos
also known as Abtu or Abdju
Abzu
Sumerian name for the Abyss
Abyss
Biblical waterery gateway

Abyss = Abzu = Abtu = Abdju = Abydos

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by Zen_Doh
I've read a good portion of the thread, but not all. With that said, I wonder if subsequent cultures and monuments don't represent a try at cargo culture. That would seem to explain the failure in later attempts to reproduce the results.

I think so! So far, it appears they tried to interpret and correlate but didn't quite make it. The evolution of Egypt is a prime example. They went from being able to make exquisite, nearly impossible vases, bowls and so forth, out of hard and brittle substances during the Old Kingdom, to not being any better at it than their neighbors. I don't think this was an example of the natural decline of the civilization. It actually appears that the original people who had the knowledge to make these things, had either all passed away or had simply vanished from the planet.

Yes and its happening today. One example is chemistry class... in my day we did hands on experiments with some dangerous chemicals, now these chemicals are illegal to possess in most states as is the equipment. So rather than train new scientists we are showing videos in class so the teachers don't get sued when little johny gets burnt by the bunsen burner... The point is we will loose knowledge in the coming generations and thats exactly what happened in the past. Secrets of energy, construction etc all went to the grave with the masters... and skills were lost.

Then the new generations attempted to recreate what they heard about in stories, but did not have the tech to make it work.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by undoHe was also known as Osiris, Marduk, and the Chinese Shun (he would have had an equivalent imperial "god" name in India, but at this point, I'm not sure what the name was).

Siva,Shiva or Nataraja [depending on the appearance at the time] Who just happens to have an hourglass drum in one hand and a cobra around his neck...SIVA

Lets see there ws something else..

Ummm golden skin... very tall... high cone shaped hairdo wrapped in a vortex

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by undoHe was also known as Osiris, Marduk, and the Chinese Shun (he would have had an equivalent imperial "god" name in India, but at this point, I'm not sure what the name was).

Siva,Shiva or Nataraja [depending on the appearance at the time] Who just happens to have an hourglass drum in one hand and a cobra around his neck...SIVA

Lets see there ws something else..

Ummm golden skin... very tall... high cone shaped hairdo wrapped in a vortex

Siva was a god though, not a hybrid, correct? Any mention of timeframe and if he had a son who rose to power ?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Okay, more conjecture and theory:

According to the Egyptian story of Osiris, Isis, his wife, gathers together the parts of his body and sews them all back together or puts them back together magically. .. something like that. The only part that is missing is his "ahem" and so she fashions one for him out of some artificial substance, this is why obelisks are said to represent his "ahem" (ahem=family jewels). Essentially, this would indicate that Isis actually is the one playing the part of Set in this example, and it is she who has the Osirieon pyramid broken down into 14 separate obelisks and has erected these obelisks around Egypt. If his death was abrupt and soon after the secret completion of the Osirieon, it isn't hard to imagine that the chamber would be completely overlooked for centuries and perhaps millenia. The only question that remains is, if she was married to Osiris, wouldn't she already know about the Osirieon and the gate? And if so, would she also keep it a closely guarded secret or would she have moved it, perhaps? That's always a possibility . If she did, then Seti I would've found the Osirieon pretty much empty. It's alot harder to trace her steps than his, unfortunately, for this particular line of thinking.

Thinking outloud.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by ArtemisFowl
i believe it is possible to transporet and do such but i want pics n videos of it 4 proof

Here you go the Abzu gate right from the Sumerians themselves... Beth posted this earlier but I know how diligently you all read all the posts

By the way in case you missed the reference

Abydos
also known as Abtu or Abdju
Abzu
Sumerian name for the Abyss
Abyss
Biblical waterery gateway

Abyss = Abzu = Abtu = Abdju = Abydos

And water is seen by a lot of religions as a gateway to another world, pure relegion pagans for example

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain

And water is seen by a lot of religions as a gateway to another world, pure relegion pagans for example

I've taken this into consideration as well. The fact of the matter is, the same exact place is referenced in the Book of Revelation by some guy who had a vision while in a Roman prison on the Isle of Patmos, some 4000 years later. He saw places in the vision, he had never personally seen in his life (the Abzu/Bottomless Pit - same place, the Euphrates river, etc.), this ties the original site at Eridu into our future.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by undo]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It's also more than a little curious that he would have a vision of a place mankind hadn't seen for thousands of years. It wasn't until the 1800's (AD) that the sumerian civilization was re-discovered.

The following is information for clarification about the Gates, to help keep them straight:

There were at least 2 gates in the ancient sumerian stories.

Gate #1 belonged to Enlil, the sumerian god. It was at his city called Nibru (later known as Nippur) in the area of Iraq. It was called the "Dur.Anki", and meant, "Heaven-Earth Bond". It was occassionally referred to as the Abzu, because it was also underground,
beneath his "temple". I theorize this is why it was occassionally called the Abzu, otherwise it was known only as the Dur.Anki. It went to the throneroom or courtyard of "An" somewhere in the heavens. "An" was the anunnaki god who rarely, if ever, interacted with humans or hybrids.

Gate #2 belonged to Enki (Enlil's brother), he was also a sumerian god. It was at his city called Eridu (Cain's Arratu) in the area of Iraq. It was called the "Abzu" and meant "Abyss", which had something to do with fresh water, a meeting chamber, and a doorway to some other place, that was dark and bad. It was underground, beneath Enki's temple. It went to a place called the "Land of No Return" (for humans, that is) and had a few other obscure names. This, I theorize, is the "Bottomless Pit" of Revelation 9, due to its owner and location .

Someone suggested that the gates may have been powered by some type of crystal that could only be "tuned" for one destination (at least, one destination at a time?). This fits in fairly well with the sumerian stories, since the Dur.Anki was only stated as going to "the courtyard of An" in the heavens.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by undo]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
What date do your records lose track of where the Enlil gate is, and in what location was it last seen?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cerkit Breaker
What date do your records lose track of where the Enlil gate is, and in what location was it last seen?

Well, unless I have the dates messed up somehow, definitely before Seti I, who was the second pharaoh in the New Kingdom (the mainstream date is a bit messed up because they insist on not making corrections for co-regent pharaohs). So sometime before the new kingdom, for certain. Most likely during the Old Kingdom so...somwhere in this time frame, most likely, 2650-2134 BC. The last sight of the Dur.Anki was in Nibru (Nippur). As far as I can tell, no actual mention is made of it, after the fall of Sumer and the flood. IF NIMROD MOVED IT TO EGYPT: It would've correlated with the end of the Akkadian period, I believe. the Tower of Babel scenario (the Etemenanki scenario), which was at the end of the akkadian, beginning of the babylonian. Akkadian period is said to be 2350 BC - 2150 BC. So, how about, let's guess it moved to Egypt somewhere between 2150 BC - 2134 BC, give or take a couple pharaohs and what not.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
He was already a "mighty one before the Lord," by the time of the Etemenanki, so he may have already been established in Egypt. The "Golden Age" of the Old Kingdom is looking like a very possible candidate, but that's 3rd Dynasty Old Kingdom. That would've made Nimrod a few centuries old by the date of the Etemenanki, unless the dating of Egypt is even messed up that far back.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Quote from Peter Goodgame's "Giza Discovery":

Zahi Hawass himself explains that the Giza Plateau was known by the Egyptians as the "House of Osiris, Lord of the Underground Tunnels."

www.redmoonrising.com...

His reference for the quote is:

www.towers-online.co.uk...

A page written about the special in which Hawass was going to open a new tomb found by the Great Pyramid that he believed held a burial spot or THEE burial tomb of the literal Osiris.

it's interesting to note that Hawass believes Osiris literally existed but doesn't believe he was cut into 14 pieces by his evil brother. Mayhaps he has found out something about that particular legend and is just not sharing the knowledge of his discovery. Or could be he's just got his own ideas. Either way, his belief that Osiris was literally buried there, is rather surprising considering the hard line he usually takes on subjects related to ancient Egypt.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
From the Shabaka Stone:

This is the land ////// the burial of Osiris in the House of Sokar. ////// Isis and Nephthys without delay, for Osiris had drowned in his water. Isis [and Nephthys] looked out, [beheld him and attended to him]. Horus speaks to Isis and Nephthys: "Hurry, grasp him ///."
Isis and Nephthys speak to Osiris: "We come, we take you ///."
////// [They heeded in time] and brought him to [land. He entered the hidden portals in the glory of the lords of eternity]. //////. [Thus Osiris came into] the earth at the royal fortress, to the north of [the land to which he had come...]

Peter Goodgame thinks the north of the land is north of Egypt. This is not correct, if I'm to understand the rest of the hints in the passage. Instead, it was a hint as to the location of the Osirieon, which was found in the north of Abydos. This also confirms that the gate was in the Osirieon - "He entered the hidden portals.... [...] Thus Osiris came into the earth at the royal fortress to the north of (Abydos) [the land to which he had come]. "

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hi Undo

I am very intrigued by your thread & while i was reading i just though of something that i was told when i was about 10 or 12 years Old.

Now this may be off topic so forgive me if this is, btw this is my first post, been lurking here for over a year.

In Islam there is a story of a people called the Gog & Magog & they were a race of Giants who are supposedly also cannibals. Now i do not know the time period these people are from but a king by the name of Zul Qurnayn (spelling) who built a gate of iron between two mountains & locked these people in. Could these "giant" people have built the pyramids & since i think people have charted the earth in its entirety , at least on the surface where could there be a Giant race of two tribes be locked in? When this gate supposedly open it will be near the day of resurrection. Could this gate be the gate your are talking about. I suck at research so if this helps at all maybe it is something to look at otherwise just ignore

Some Info on what i am talkin about

regards

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
undo,
are there any references to a mirror in the gate? just a hunch that its all not only about the water.. Maybe beneath the surface of the water?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join