It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 169
<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Undo for everyone like me who’s not going to read the entire thread – can you rap up the entire thread in a nutshell on exactly why stargates actually exist?

My problem with this thread is this – if you didn’t know about the tv show, you most likely wouldn’t believe in them, it’s only because you watched the show that think stargates are real.

Would that be a fair guess?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
silly thing is not paging over again, so
i'm posting this to see the next page.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

not exactly.
what happened was this:

i was studying biblical prophecy, particularly the book of revelation.
i studied the passages in revelation 9 and was really puzzled as to what it could mean. i had read several theories on what it could possibly be but i wasn't sure whether i agreed with them or not. anyway, i got the silly notion to follow the etymology of the phrase "Bottomless Pit", which is also known as "Abyss." The word Abyss, lead me all the way back to ancient Sumer and Egypt, and the word Abzu (see also Abydos, egyptian Abdju, pronounced Abzu).

it was here that it dawned on me that the Abzu was the Bottomless Pit. things were coming out of the bottomless pit from somewhere else in the revelation 9 verses. It had a gate that had to be opened with "a key' of some sort, so that these odd beings could come out of it. one thing lead to the next and soon i was contemplating the concept that the gate was some kind of interdimensional portal. etc.

i should interject here that although the mainstream interpretation of Abzu is "underground streams of water", that it is not an honest interpretation. For example, they know that the E.ABZU temple was the HOUSE OF COSMIC WATERS. The "E" in E.ABZU, means HOUSE (or temple), so ABZU, means COSMIC WATERS. How cosmic waters end up being simply underground streams, from which the gods emerged, is yet another big topic (and when i say big, i mean huge!) they ignore in order to cling to the mundane description.

for example, the sumerian-akkadian texts claim enki (sumerian god) built the E.ABZU, on the ocean floor (this is how the translators translated the abyss concept when they encountered it) and then raised it up and floated it over the water. it's all jumbled up.

my theory is that they confused the abyss concept with water because the abyss was initially IN THE WATER, on the ocean floor to be exact. it gets even more indepth but would take you just as long to read it all as it would to just read the thread.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by undo]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I am too lazy to look it up and post a link but I think I remember reading somewhere that water is the true Stargate. It would make sense in light of all the new information that we are finding out about water. Now to make the big step is the direction of losing credibility; could not our polluting of the water and our move away from drinking living water have a huge impact on why we are drifting further and further away for our earthly connections? We are supposed to be made up of at least seventy percent water. Would it not be the perfect vehicle for transportation and communication?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

possibly but it requires ignoring huge amounts of the texts. that's what i'm trying to avoid. modern interpretations of ancient writings leave out alot of major points and related texts, which really is not how to approach a complicated topic such as this.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Even if the gateway was a container that held a selected volume of water and was atomtomically charged converting and reconverting matter for means of transport. Water can be a liquid, a gas or a solid and can change from one to another and back again. Would this not make sense as component in Stargate travel?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

i dunno. your guess is as good as mine on that score. i'm just sharing what the texts say, what i think they mean, and how it applies to us

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey Undo! I see your thread is still alive and well! That's good, its one of my favorites. I was wondering if you have created a compilation of your research that is more clearly organized. Such as an ebook or website? I would very much like to have a look at it if you do.

Regards

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
curses to the 168 pages of this thread, I read the whole thing and now I can't focus properly with my left eye!

On a more On-topic note, I like the way you put forward your arguments Madam, I'm not sure that I agree with the outcome of the research entirely but I don't disagree either. My mind is a bit a blur after reading ever page consecutively in one session so forgive me if this has been mentioned and I've forgotten, have you perhaps considered that the depths of the sea may be considered the Abyss. it certainly lends credence to a flood as the method of destruction for this hybrid empire. It also would give the double whammy that nay consequent inheritors of the planet would not be able to gain access to the gates in the Abyss until they can control their own technology and prevent a re-melting of the ice-caps and further flooding. In short they'd almost have to forsake their own civilisation to freeze the Ice-caps and force the oceans into recession just to get to the gate.

This sounds like the kind of punishment that the God of the various books (Torah, Qoran, Bible) is good at meeting out.

It also ties in nicely with a very odd dream I had a few months ago (I've had dreams about many a thing which have turned out to be true, I dreamt the War on Iraq would take place before 9/11):
In the dream I was talking to a group of people I didn't recognise (which is strange for me in the first place), we weren't talking about anything particularly interesting but as the dream faded out into the next I had the distinct feeling projected in my head that "something everybody is looking for is under the Arctic Ice Caps, which are an artificial construct"

I'd swear an oath in any country's courts of law on that having occured.

I'd also be the first to criticise on its possible veracity, as we're told that submarines can navigate underneath the artic Ice-caps which are not in anyway connected to the geological structures underneath them as best as I can ascertain.

Anyways my late night read 'n' rant is over, I hope that my bizarre input is not totally useless.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by captinofcats

i've gathered all the related links and put them in single posts on this thread, several times. i guess it's time to do that again lol

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CloudySkye

that's a possibility, i suppose. although, if you recall (from reading the thread?), my research seemed to indicate that the original and largest of the abzus (the eye of ra gate) was on the ocean floor (theoretically), off the coast of iraq

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

During what time-scale would you hazard the gate was move? The coast at the end of the Tigris-Euphrates Delta will almost certainly not be where it once was, just as the rest of the world's coast have drastically changed.

A while ago I remember reading that some Indian researchers had done some radar sounding in the Bay of Bombay and thought they had discovered a city that would have been on equal proportion to Babylon at its peak, this city would last have been on terra firma over 12000 years ago, I'll see if I can't find it and link again, but their radar is backed up by masses of artifacts that they've pulled from the sea in the Bay of Bombay area, which incedentally used to be a double river delta much like the Tigris-Euphrates.

Search for Surat in Googlemaps (or you're preferred map tool) and you'll see the bay right next to it.
note the rivers leading from the bay (one E and the other N) and the edge of the indian continental shelf.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

you sure you read the thread?

it would now be 65 miles inland, due to silt deposition from the euphrates delta. this actually ties in with the references to the angels being loosed from the euphrates. (it's under the euphrates river somewhere... that is, if it hasn't been found already. all theoretical, of course)

[edit on 12-1-2009 by undo]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

65 miles inland.. are you sure about that.. I certainly wouldn't mind a link to the data you have for that one.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

the area known as eridu, was originally on the shoreline. this was the location of the smaller abzu made famous by enki (ea, ra). if you look at a map of iraq, the location is now 60 some miles inland due to deposition of silt from the euphrates river. i theorized that the big one was at the bottom of the gulf at the time, give or take a few miles out (theoretically, 65 miles max). i do believe all this data is in the thread. if you insist, i'll find it again but that is not the weak link in the chain.

essentially, this means the big abzu, the one i theorized is the bottomless pit mentioned in revelation 9, the one threw which enki arrived with his flying/floating all metal city, is now under the newer section of euphrates created by 6000 years of silt deposits

[edit on 13-1-2009 by undo]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I wasn't saying it was the weak link in the chain at all, I don't doubt that what you are saying about the euphrates is true and I'm not trying to pick apart your theories. I couldn't possible presume to know enough about the subjects to hand in order to do so.

I could tell you that the original Maya creation myth that was the favourite before the whole "feathered serpent" cult arrived involved 2 brothers who "were very good at the ball game" and were made to challenge the gods of the underworld to a game, of course they lost and were chopped up, with their heads placed on a tree, yet somehow the head of one of the brothers manages to impregnate a young godess who visits the tree and she has twins as a result. These twins again challenge the gods of the underworld, they lose and are chopped up, yet due to their half-divine blood they find that they have an ability to reform their bodies despite the dismembmerment.

The gods of the underworld think this is great and the two brothers form a plan to trick the gods of the underworld into letting them dismember them so that they too can be put back together..

Of course they chop everyone up, but then leave them that way without putting them together and emerge from the underworld victorious.

Incedentally from what I remember the entrance to the underworld in their myth is a cave with its mouth shaped like the head of a serpent.
The gods of the underworld are represented as being very bizarre looking creatures, near human but not with many strange features.

Thats about as much information as I could presume to provide you with. Assuming you didnt know that already.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by CloudySkye]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

i do remember reading that but it's still amazing to me that it bears so much similarity to mesopotamian stories, just with somewhat different details. if the details are legit, they would perhaps fill in another gap of data. for example, i've found examples of the gods and goddesses being deified objects - et. al, a gate named the eye of ra or hathor. a device for operating the gate, named after the midwife of the 7 (gates) birth goddesses of the enki and ninmah story. a wormhole named after a she dragon (tiamat). if we follow the story that the two brothers did the dismemberment of the underworld gods, it could be possible this is a description of the ransacking of the gates, taking them apart, or otherwise rendering them useless.

an astronomer would say it's a reference to the constellations being dismembered as they go below the horizon, a star at a time, which is the description given for the dismemberment of osiris (narmer, nimrod, enmerkar) story -- that it's a tale of stars setting below the horizon (going to the underworld). i'd agree were it not for the other details.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by undo]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

It was even reported in a National Geographic special edition book "Mysteries of the Maya".

Take a look at this interpretation

It has the interesting detail that afterwards they try to unbury their fathers and ressurect them but no longer seem to recognize them as being the same species.

another with more detail in some areas and less in others

At the end of the day it's all down to interpretation and what you deem to be realistic or "intelligible".

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'll put this in a new post in case you start on the other links before I get to add this one..

this is translation of the Popol Vuh,

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I seem to be double posting a lot for no obvious reasons.
Apologies

[edit on 13-1-2009 by CloudySkye]

new topics

top topics

<< 166  167  168    170  171  172 >>

join