It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 166
<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Very, very cool stuff, as always....BUT, IF going through a 'wormhole' could make one invisible, then wouldn't it stand to reason that the object 'went through the wormhole' and 'became invisible' because they were no longer 'there'???

This is about 'perception', first and foremost.

The problem, as I've come to realize, is that sometimes there are no words in written language to describe some of these concepts....we try, and fail.

So, in essence --- you either get it, or you don't!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Seems its not only CERN we should be conCERNed about when it comes to creating "Black holes"

Brookhaven Labs is doing it as well...

Lab Creates "Black Hole"

March 18, 2005—A Brown University physicist believes a fireball he created in a particle accelerator may have been a black hole. Using the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (pictured above) at Brookhaven Laboratory in Upton, New York, Horatiu Nastase smashed the nuclei of gold atoms together at nearly the speed of light.

The collisions were powerful enough to break the nuclei into gluons and quarks, the most basic building blocks of matter. The particles created a plasma fireball 300 million times hotter than the surface of the sun. In a paper published on Cornell University's arxiv.org Web site, Nastase wrote that, based on his calculations, the fireball behaved like a black hole, absorbing streams of particles and radiating them as heat.

For now, any fears of the collider creating a civilization-destroying supergravity vortex are misplaced. The forces involved in the experiment were simply too weak, and the theoretical black hole was very short-lived. How brief? Divide a second by 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Brookhaven Labs
www.bnl.gov...

These guys are going to turn the planet into swiss cheese

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

OH MY GOSH!!!!

That guy, in the blue T-Shirt is SOOOOO lucky!!!!

He's going to travel to another dimension!!!

I SO envy him!!!!!!

Can I go??? (I know certain ATS members who would probably kick me in the pants, to initiate my journey....oh! You're Welcome!!!)

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well, it looks as though SGA will come to an end soon. This will probably mean that nless they release more followup movies or novels, any hidden truth in the shows will come too an end. Though I don't think there is much hidden truths withing the SGA series as there was during the SG-1 series.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Even with truth there is an end

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Has there been any other translation of the Sumerian texts besides Zecheria Sitchin?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hi my name is David Eckhart
This my sound crazy, But I research stargates and telepotation. I may have the only real telepotation open and running video on earth, honest
I will send you photos of peaple from the other side I don't know how send video yet... You have to E-Mail me at davidmeckhart@hotmail.com
Thanks for your time David Eckhart

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I just had a thought, I don't know if this was talked about before, but do you remember a show called sliders. The first couply of shows featured a device that looked alot like a cheap stargate. It created a wormhole to an alternate dimention. Do you suppose the writers of that show had read some ancient texts before writing the scripts for that show, or do you suppose it wa dumb luck they touched upon the same types of things that the stargate writers did?

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

yes, the original translations were done by Samuel Noah Kramer

wiki data
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-11-2008 by undo]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
I just had a thought, I don't know if this was talked about before, but do you remember a show called sliders. The first couply of shows featured a device that looked alot like a cheap stargate. It created a wormhole to an alternate dimention. Do you suppose the writers of that show had read some ancient texts before writing the scripts for that show, or do you suppose it wa dumb luck they touched upon the same types of things that the stargate writers did?

Other examples of stargates:
Star Trek ep.28: The City on the Edge of Forever (1967)
The Guardian of Forever
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (cartoon, 1987)
interstellar portals
Hyperion (Dan Simmons novel, 1989)
farcasters
Star Gate (Andre Norton novel, 1958)
star gates
Stargate (Stephen Robinett novel, 1978)
Jenson gates
Lost in Space (1988)
hypergate
And these are all just examples from before the Stargate SG-1/Atlantis series, within the time that television has been around. I've run across others, but I can't remember in which titles or anything like that.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kevintorvalds

Hi everyone - I've been 'off the grid' for the past 6 weeks or so. I just got caught up.

Good post, Kevintorvalds! Do you know anything about the novels from 1958 & 1978 that you listed? I've inquired here before about the origin of the very term 'stargate' itself, but 1958 is considerably earlier than my previous understanding.

One you missed is my first introduction to the term. Williams Electronics 1981 sequel to their video game 'Defender' was called Stargate.

If I didn't know better, I could easily believe that SG:A was based on that game. The alien "landers" swoop down and abduct people off the ground, and if they make it back to the top of the screen, they become hybrid "mutants". The stargate sits in the sky and your ship can fly through it. If you 'rescue' five humans and fly through the SG, you 'warp' to a higher level and get to see the inside of the wormhole. Watch the video - right about at :59 you'll see this effect, which looks a lot like it does in the franchise.

Occam's razor would suggest that this is merely coincidence, but I'm not sure if I really believe in 'coincidence'. It seems that Williams Electronics would have grounds for legal action, when you consider how many of the concepts in their game ended up in a tv/movie franchise OF THE SAME NAME. Of course these concepts existed before, and any ONE of them alone wouldn't get too far in court, but there are SEVERAL.

Williams also had a game called Sinistar, in which you must stop alien baddies from retrieving pieces of their leader before they can rebuild him. I only mention this one because 'Sinistar' himself looks like a stargate with an evil face in the middle - which I remember seeing one time on SG-1.

My first introduction to the concept (other than the Star Trek transporter) was 1962's A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle, which I read as a 12-year-old in 1983.

Edited to add details.

[edit on 12/10/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kevintorvalds

Ha! Check this out:

Kincar was heir to Styr's Holding on the planet Gorth, but when he learned the truth of his birth, he turned his back on that part of his life. Most of the Star Lords had abandoned Gorth, but a renegade group remained..and Kincar meant to accompany them through a Star Gate in their quest for an alternate world. But beyond the gate they confronted a nightmare, and suddenly Kincar, the misfit, was crucial to the Star Lords plans!

Andre Norton Wiki

Gallery of various covers from her book "Star Gate"

I wonder if the Catherine Langford character is a subtle nod to her?

And how about this:

Edit to add:

Stephen Robinett's book "Stargate" (1976) revolves around the corporate side of building extra-dimensional and/or transportational Stargates. In the novel, the Stargate is given the name "Jenson Gate," after the fictional company which builds it.

-from the Portals in Sci-fi wiki.

I've often wondered where the game designers got their inspiration from - looks like I may have found it.

[Again, edited for detail.]

[edit on 12/10/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevintorvalds
And these are all just examples from before the Stargate SG-1/Atlantis series, within the time that television has been around. I've run across others, but I can't remember in which titles or anything like that.

Sliders
1995 to 2000
Interdimensional wormhole

Time Tunnel
966–1967
Time Portal

[edit on 10-12-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Time Tunnel
966–1967
Time Portal

Wow! How could anyone forget the longest running TV program EVER! 1001 seasons! Plus, I think the timeline must've shifted yet again, because I'm pretty sure that crucified baby wasn't there in the original one.

Sorry folks, I couldn't resist. Hope the holidays are treating everyone well.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Hi, I'm an author of 2 books with a third on the way, but I won't be sharing my free e- book links here because the rules forbid it. So I'll just share with you some of my research.

(Ancient) Stargates are real: either that or there's several ancient civilizations inside the earth or stuffed in some canyon on the sea floor. Personally, my research leads me to believe the former: et.al, stargates are real. Sounds crazy? Yes, it honestly does, but so does quantum cloning and teleportation, and yet it's happening as we speak. Science is the equivalent of the Twilight Zone, Star Wars and Star Trek, all rolled into one, these days.

If you'd like to inquire as to what I've learned, feel free to ask. If you'd like to debate the possibilities, be my guest. If you'd just like to say I'm wrong, also, do as you will. I don't wish to just dump all this information in your laps so let's just start with the basic premise: (Ancient) Stargates are real.

[edit on 6-3-2006 by undo]

I told many people about the real Star Gate they thought I was crazy ha ha I know the truth! for all you skeptics hear me out (((I KNOW THE TRUTH))). and I know the reason U.S NAVAL sunk the star gate they got from the Germans into the freezing Ocean UFF! it was bad really bad. and is beyond your imagination, U.S is more technologically advance than what people think it is and so is China and Russia. just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

Bionicle,

Please enlighten us with the truth regarding Star Gates. I am interested in hearing the story on what happened to make the navy sink the stargate.

Thanks,
M

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIONICLE ALEX
I told many people about the real Star Gate they thought I was crazy ha ha I know the truth! for all you skeptics hear me out (((I KNOW THE TRUTH))). and I know the reason U.S NAVAL sunk the star gate they got from the Germans into the freezing Ocean UFF! it was bad really bad. and is beyond your imagination, U.S is more technologically advance than what people think it is and so is China and Russia. just my two cents.

Well Alex you have our attention.
You will find more in this thread that will believe you than skeptics... though a little more info in good faith would be nice.

I agree with you 100% on China and Russia. Russia despite what people think has been and still is ahead of us on many things..

In a book "High Frontier" Newt Gingrich stated..

" . . . He who Controls Space may well control the future of Mankind. We have a chance, through High Frontier, using existing technology to develop a space program that is absolutely necessary to our survival and that will give us a chance to move past the Russians to assure our own nation and freedom a future on this planet"

It was written in 1983 and Newt clearly states we might have a CHANCE to move past the Russians

The Chinese? Buzz Aldrin is senior science advisor and partner in Gravwave LLC a company working on anti gravity with the Chinese..

So come on give us the NAVY connection. The NAVY is also the ones running the Secret Space Program

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Bionicle, you have my attention as well please continue lest you been considered a hoaxer.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hmmm interesting what a search brings up

Caption:
Los Angeles-class fast attack submarine USS Alexandria (SSN 757) is submerged after surfacing through two feet of ice during ICEX-07, a U.S. Navy and Royal Navy exercise conducted on and under a drifting ice floe about 180 nautical miles off the north coast of Alaska.

www.navy.mil...

However another reference says this...

"USS Alexandria (SSN-757) carries SG-1 from the Arctic."

USS Alexandria in Stargate Continuum

Hmmmmm

[edit on 10-12-2008 by zorgon]

new topics

top topics

<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join