It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 165
<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

All I'm saying is....Star Trek had something called the 'Universal Translator' to at least attempt to solve the language issue...Star Gate had the Doctor who could read ancient Egyptian.....but still, they all spoke American English, no matter what planet they visited!!!!

Firs I will address the Doctor Who question. I don't remember the name of the episode, but it is a more recent one in which The Doctor's most recent companion asks a question about why the people on the planet they are visiting are speaking english, his answer was that they are not, the Tardis is translating it for her both what she speaks and what she hears. Though she believes she is speaking and hearing english, she is actually speaking in the native tounge of the people she is speaking to.

As far as Stargate goes, you will remember in the movie, Daniel actually has to translate the language of the people they are speaking to. He eclpains to the people that he is with it is a dirivitive of an ancient Egyptian dialect that has developed on it's own after these people were taken from their home planet of earth long ago. In the TV series, to keep having someone translating a language would take up too much time and the show would have been more irritating to alot of viewers, in order to get around this, they pretty much ignore the whole other languages issue.

I hope this answers the question.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
post to next page the thread

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutch_Rick
I always have this crazy idea and i dont know where the hell it comes from but, i think the war in Iraq is about Stargates.

Yes, that's what Barbara Marciniak also writes in her book "Bringers of The Dawn Teachings from the Pleiadians".

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

My computer hiccuped....but I will try to re-create what I wrote...

'Star Trek' used a 'writer's device' called a "Communicator" which incorporated a 'Universal Translator', via the main computer of the StarShip in question.

The series 'FarScape' devised a clever solution....microbes injected into each person, who thusly provided a translation. A Brilliant solution, in my opinion.

'Star Gate: SG1' travels to many planets in our Galaxy, yet everyone speaks colloquial 'American' English?

I have enjoyed the 'SG1' episodes, mainly to see the characters' interactions....but the actual viability of the Science Fiction aspect eludes me....because of the lack of explanation of the 'easy English' at each planet.

Even on our own World, given just a few centuries, one language (let's say, English) can morph into many dialects and accents.

Just sayin'................

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jed1Knight
Prior to the release of the film stargate users of this site and the general public had no idea of such devices exisiting.

The term "Stargate" was first used by the CIA and our government dealing with a psysop remote viewing project started in 1968... So the term has been around for some time.

However "Gateway to the Gods" exists in many ancient cultures. Did the Ancient Egyptians call a pyramid a pyramid? Yet it still is one

The name may be modern, though a gateway to the stars goes further back. But the concept is still the same... Stepping into a portal and being taken somewhere else... usually to a place of 'gods'

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dutch_Rick
I always have this crazy idea and i dont know where the hell it comes from but, i think the war in Iraq is about Stargates.

THE STARGATE CONSPIRACY
by Steven Mizrach

Star Gate Found In Iraq - The Real Reason We Went to War
www.exopolitics.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

zorgon....if Erich von Daniken is to be believed....then we, the USA, would have gone 'full bore' into Iraq to retrieve this 'StarGate'. AND, it would not have been so public in nature.

Remember, please....there is ANOTHER 'stargate' buried somewhere in Antarctica....or in Russia (Siberia?)...

According to the TV Series 'Bible' our planet Earth is 'blessed' with not one, but TWO of these Stargates!! Why us????

Sorry if my simple logic seems to be a lack of imagination....I've said before that I enjoy Science Fiction....when written well. So, my imagination abilites are sound....as long as I don't see obvious anomolies, to break the 'illusion'....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Basically the writers were lazy in the SG - series. They could have devised a device of some kind taken from the Guald, or something but they were just lazy. Though there are interesting things in the series, I think the movie is where more of the answers are. The writer(s) of the movie were not as lazy and took their time to explain things.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Yes, AC...I am in agreement.

However, despite the various glitches that we purists might notice, we ARE, after all, talking about entertainment when discussing SG-1 or 'Star Trek'.

What is really fascinating is the possiblity that a kernel of truth may lie behind these shows.

I am, thus, compelled to review this thread periodically to see what others have learned, and can share.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

WE AS HUMANS ON THIS PLANET HAVE BEEN MISLEAD FROM THE VERY BEGINNING . EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN SHOWED ON STAR TREK , SG-1 AND OTHER SIMILAR SCI-FI SHOWS ARE ACTUALLY SCIENCE FACT . NOT ONLY IS IT 100 % FACTUAL . IT IS ALSO THE NORM ! IT IS AS NATURAL AS OUR SKY THAT APPEARS BLUE TO OUR EYES !

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Undo...

I think your ideas behind the possability of stargates is sound.
And it would explain why i have some strange things in stone
where i live in western colorado. Going to go find your free e-
books and do some reading as well as drop you a few pics of
megalithic stone work that surrounds where i live.

Thanx Again, DW

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I have finally visited StoneHenge, for the first time.

My understanding of StoneHenge is that it was designed to mark the Solstices....but WHAT if it was intended to support a StarGate?

Not vertically, but on the Horizontal???

Any ideas????

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
About movies, or books etc...

ever wondered whether alot of the sci-fi stuff that does come out about aliens and different ancient alien races are to get everyone use too it? so that once the day does come, we'll all have an idea and "hopefolly" wont be afraid and unpredicatable as people think could happen if such information were to be available?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Starance

You have to remember though that no everyone reads these books and watches these movies. Most of the ones that read and watch Science fiction on a regular basis are already and have been ready to accept alien visitation for some time. When and if disclosure ever comes, there will still be alot of people who don't read or watch sci-fi that are not ready.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starance
About movies, or books etc...

From the Earth to the Moon (French: De la Terre à la Lune, 1865) Jules Verne

The story bears similarities to the real-life Apollo program:

* Verne's cannon was named the Columbiad; the Apollo 11 command module was named Columbia.
* The spacecraft crew consisted of three persons in each case.
* The physical dimensions of the projectile are very close to the dimensions of the Apollo CSM.
* Verne's voyage blasted off from Florida, as did all Apollo missions. (Verne correctly states in the book that objects launch into space most easily if they are launched from the earth's equator. In the book Florida and Texas compete for the launch, with Florida winning.)

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hmmmmm....

Would it be at all appropriate, in this discussion, to postulate?

'Stargates', unless I am missing the premise utilizing that stalwart of Science Fiction, the 'wormhole', in order to explain the ability to transport equipment and personnel over distances of dozens, even hundreds of light-years (as WE Humans define Galactic distances) use an unyet-known method to achieve their designed functions.

Co-incidentally, the iconic 'Star Trek' franchise also uses a 'writer's device' to help a script move along....it is known as the 'Transporter'....the concept being it can, using quantum physics that we do not, yet, fully comprehend, break down into component parts and 'beam' equipment and personnel, and re-create them at the destination.

As a fully-functional, thinking adult Human....I enjoy the occasional escapism provided by such entertainment, as provided by Hollywood.

I will submit MY opinion....the concept of the 'StarGate' is just as valid as the concept of the 'Transporter'...given enough time to develop the associated technologies.

However.....(there's always a 'but')....BOTH concepts are on shaky 'legs', at least as we understand Physics at this time. Yet, I enjoy the concept, and hope that the simple IDEA of such machines may lead to someone actually inventing them, someday!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The StarTrek transporter is actually in developement.

Here is an old web article.

hubpages.com...

And another

www.independent.co.uk...

If they ever get it to work with people, this could be our own way of creating a modern Star Gate, or at least disclosure that we already have been using them.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
The StarTrek transporter is actually in developement.
Here is an old web article.

Way back in 1969 I read a copy of Scientific American... there was a small article in it about transporters. Apparently they had set up two huge rooms with machinery and transported an ashtray...

Then in 1972ish there was an even smaller article that said they tried it with a mouse, but the mouse died...

I have since tried to find those articles, but never had the time to go search all the old magazines yet. I couldn't find anything online... until you posted this link.

Thanks for reminding me to hunt again...

Either that or we jumped time lines and it wasn't written in this one

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

What's really weird is the actual possiblity of the technonogy that might lead to a 'transporter' ala "Star Trek" style!!!

Some programs I've watched, on Scientific Channels on the DISH Network....have promulgated the notion of a possible transferrance of information, 'Faster-Than-Light', via the weirdness of Quantum Theory.

Some Scientists have actually seen an effect that belies rationality, as we know it!

This involves particles that, regardless of their actual distance form each other, seem to communicate and react together, as if they are ONE....even though they are apart. AND, the 'speed of light' is not a factor in how they interact....

It is very interesting, to say the least......it is nearly instant....

"instantaneous"....that should be the word......

[edit on 11/20/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
"Electromagnetic Wormhole" Could Make Objects Invisible

National Geographic

Teleportation Takes Quantum Leap

National Geographic

Not Just Science Fiction:'Electromagnetic Wormhole' Possible, Say Mathematicians
www.sciencedaily.com...

new topics

<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join