It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I don't know if my freinds family originally was north american or south, it was a long time ago, I can't even remember what tribe they were from. I say native american only as a broad term including both north and south in the description. From the stories though I am assuming he was south american because of the storing stating the similarity between the people from accrss the sea and their own.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
post to forward the thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
by the way, i'm not saying the writings of the ancient people are wrong. as a general rule, i think they are all talking about the same thing. where i say the problem arises is how the data is translated, after the fact, and the focus of interpreters.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

..... said the only way to access the upper levels of heaven was via Mt. Meru (also called Mt. Sumeru), which wasn't an actual mountain but a reference to a ziggurat in ancient Sumer.....

Mt. Meru is a real mountain in western Tibet also called Mt. Kalais isn't it?

Originally posted by undoThe ancient egyptians also believed in an entrance to the underworld and a boat which travelled on heavenly waters ... which carried them into the heavens. The ancient sumerians referred to otherworldly places which were accessed via gateways into the underworld, and gates up to the heavens.

Maybe the Egyptians weren't describing a physical journey, but a representation of their concepts for what happens after Death, basically how one ascends to the highest of heavens. The same applies for the earlier Sumerian culture. Using the symbolism of gates thoughout eternal heaven, may indicate their inner belief that we humans are locked out and must earn passage... much like what are described in some ancient Hero Sagas.

Originally posted by undoI guess it all depends on how much you know about ancient civilizations and their texts. Do you know anything about ancient Sumer?

Fortunately, yes. I have a fairly extensive understanding of the Sumerian Tablets rendition of Creation/Genesis and the ensuing history, thanks to my mentor who deciphered these same texts for the British Museum over 20 years.

As an aside, she had a number of arguments with Z. Sitchin over some of his Interpretations. Whereas her work was simply deciphered into plain English, which leaves us to read a very prosaic telling of our earliest recorded history.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

It isn't the ancient writings I question either, it is the reworking of those writings by religious groups and even the scientific groups in order to help there own agendas.

I was just eluding to that the stories of the Natve Americans have been messed less with since they are still relatively new to the religous and scientific comunities compared to the time they have had to twist Egyption, European, African, and other writings that they have had their hands on longer.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

hi,

i think where i ran into a bit of a problem with translations was realizing that they had just used words and concepts they had available to them during each writing/translation. certain things were assumed and it bled over into interpretations such as the idea that it was purely metaphoric, which i don't agree with at all.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Undo, I hope this stuff is not taking you off your current track but when I see this stuff over and over I have to wonder and immediately think of your thread. Anyhow take a quick look and if you have been down this track already let us know and I won’t bother you – keep up the good work.

BBC Link

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Undo sorry should have given you this link to 6000 images (they say) be warned it’s a navigational nightmare. Before you go searching take a look at the side and bottom of the page collection of pics

UK Rock art image link

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Mt. Meru is a real mountain in western Tibet also called Mt. Kalais isn't it?

Circling the Sacred Mountain

To Asians Mt. Kailash is seen as the axis mundi their most sacred mountain. Mt. Kalaish is at the heart of Bonpo, Buddhist and Hindu scriptures. Each holds different beliefs, but the underlying reality is the same. The Hindus believe that Shambu Shiva dwells on the summit of Kailash with his consort Parvati.

The Buddhists believe that you gain spiritual merit by circumambulating her and their name for her is Mt. Meru or another name for her is Kang Rinpoche or The Precious Snow mountain. This is the key to liberation.

The Bonpos, the original shamanic people of Tibet, are the ones who originated the practice of flying prayer flags on the mountain. The Bon call the mountain Mt. Tise and the nearby lake, Lake Mapham (Manasarovar). They beleive it to be the birthplace of Shenrab Miwoche.

Kailash is a 22,028-foot peak known in the west as Mt. Everest. To the faithful of Asia Kailas is the supreme mountain. When they are ready to pursue the path to enlightenment they go to Mt. Kailash to reach nirvana.

Global warming is having a negative impact on the snow levels on Mt. Kailash. So please be conscious and use green energy in any way possible.

www.squidoo.com...

Mt Kailash is certainly the representation of Mt Meru, but the actual Mt Meru is much different. People need something to focus on and this mountain has been used for that purpose. Since the REAL Mt Meru was destroyed causing a cataclysm that CREATED the Himalayan range... it is not possible for Kailash to be the original Mt Meru

The mountain shows a huge gash or split...

The most peculiar thing about this mountain is the small peak seen under snow on the left (see above)

Here is another image...

Here is an older photo when it was seen without snow... Its very hard to find images of this spot without snow. But it sure is an interesting feature

[edit on 11-11-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

Thanks for the link. Still more rocks to look at

Utah Petroglyph

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hello, Ive been following this thread for a bit, and am quite fascinated by it. Ive read your past few pages, and it seems as though you were trying to find what gir stood for.

I decided to do a quick Google Search for the phrase gir, and came up with a page of translations from many languages. I will link you the page in hopes that it may help. Since there are about 10 translations, I figure plugging in the translation may help make more since, but its a matter of finding the correct one, if it is even on this page Ive found.

Link to Translations

Hope this Helps,
Rekar

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Hello, I found this thread through a google search and thought that it was very interesting, it is actaully the first link if you google "are stargates real?" without quotes.

Anyways I popped in to post something in reference to an image you posted on page 3 (I'm only up to page four in this thread), where you link to an image which you believe may resemble a stargate:

freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com...

In response to that I would like to point out an image I have found during research for a paper on an Assyrian piece around 800 BCE. The piece is a relief of a winged genius (genii, plural. assyrian demi-god) and when I was looking into some of the imagery to figure out what everything was I came across an image that is similar to the one you have posted.

i36.tinypic.com...

a quote from the original source

books.google.com...-PA83,M1

"a kneeling figure with arms uplifted in prayer under a winged disc. On each side of the disc a jar is pouring water into another jar at the foot of that same winged genius which in one hand holds a bucket but which in this case does not hold a cone in the other hand. It would seem as if the engraver mean this, viz. the figure is causing holy water to descend from the deity, and the genius is waiting with his bucket to obtain a supply"

You can readily draw some similarities between the two such as the flowing water and the odd rod with a "handle" on it could possibly be a vase. The composition of this piece is similar to many Assyrian ones (showing their [sumerian] influence on later civilizations) Where winged genii would be standing where the two possibly (cant tell due to poor resolution) masked individuals are and kings would be standing where the bearded individuals are. The purple figure in the center is possibly a deity.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
this is pretty interesting, ron. where'd you find it?

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by majestictwo

Thanks for the link. Still more rocks to look at

Utah Petroglyph

Hey Zorgon...

my understanding of the Geometric shapes on the rocks is to enhance the Earths energy with postive energies, this is what the crop-circles are they are imbuing energy into the Earth for Humaan use to raise ones conscienceness. This is what the Inca lines were as well in Chile and South America

Valorian

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Reply to zorgon, and to Valorian (sic?)...

Why does a serious discussion about the possiblity of actual StarGates allow a member of ATS to post an obvious Publicity Photo from a FAILED TV series from the 1960's ('The Time Tunnel')????

I refer ye all to the second picture in Sir zorgon's post.

BTW....at NO time did 'StarGate:SG1' infer time travel through the StarGates....

If you wish to do further research on 'The Time Tunnel' TV series from the 1960s, and its incredibly cheesy and non-scientific approach to so-called 'science-fiction', just do a few searches online.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

they may have inferred it, though.

for example, the planet that SG-1 originally went to in the movie is not named until the TV series. during the TV series, they call it Abydos. If you think back to the film, they introduce the people as if they are the israelites living under the rule of the pharaohs. And Abydos is the real name of a real ancient city in Egypt.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

OK, will concede that.

However, I will maintain that there is a continual time of history, wherein these 'ancient' references can fit into place....at least, to make it easier for the writers on the show.

Just as, in the 'Stargate: SG1' series, the commonality of the English language, with no accents even, has never been addressed. At least 'Star Trek' used the concept of the "UT" to explain those discrepancies!

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Why does a serious discussion about the possiblity of actual StarGates allow a member of ATS to post an obvious Publicity Photo from a FAILED TV series from the 1960's ('The Time Tunnel')????

Knock it off and get a grip...

EPISODE NUMBER - 406
WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY

It doesn't take Jack long to figure out that he's been thrown back in time, roughly 10hours. He and Teal'c are both experiencing the same day over again. They are checked out byDr. Frasier and given a clean bill of health. After they predict the unscheduled arrivalof SG-12, General Hammond and the others are convinced they are not delusional. Theafternoon mission to P4X-639 is cancelled.

Physicists have proposed various theories on how time travel could be made possible in our reality, but in the Stargate SG-1 universe, it is already proven as fact.

Interference with the formation of the wormhole through the magnetic discharge of solar flares is one way in which Stargate SG-1 proposes that SG-1 could travel through time. In the episodes, 2.21 "1969" and 4.16 "2010", the wormhole is bent by solar flares. Depending on which side of the sun the wormhole is formed, the traveler is either transported to the past or to the future.

The computations done normally by the DHD to compensate for stellar drift had to be accounted for by Samantha Carter in her dialing computer software. These computations also had to account for how close the wormhole formed to the sun. Carter had done research into other uses of the Stargate technology, including time travel.

stargate.wikia.com...

Teleportation via Wormhole-Stargates
U.S. Air Force Teleportation Physics Study
DTIC Copy - AFRL-PR-ED-TR-2003-0034
APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE; DISTRIBUTION UNLIMITED
AIR FORCE RESEARCH LABORATORY
AIR FORCE MATERIEL COMMAND

Part 1: What are Traversable Wormholes?

• Hyperspace tunnels thru spacetime, which can:

1. connect together remote regions within our universe
2. connect together different universes
3. connect together different space dimensions (for higher dimensional wormholes)
4. connect together different chronological periods within the same space region (backwards time travel!)

Now quite frankly I grow weary of your continued insistence on personal attacks against my posts. Grow up or put the bottle down

Iggy Engaged...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
For the record! -----------

Everyone has the right to ignore anyone they wish, of course....but it seems that those who CHOOSE to ignore do so at their own peril....or, is it out of fear?

For instance, it is apparent, in my 'history', that I have NEVER placed anyone on 'ignore'. I have always 'engaged' all comers....until their logic was askew, at which time I simply 'dis-engaged'.....(meaning, stopped arguing off-topic).

Back to the 'StarGates'.... and 'are they real?'

The concept of a very ancient civilization that is long gone, but created technology that persisted and was discovered by Humans....I can be onboard with that notion.

This 'concept' ties in very well with the philosophy of a 'starter' race of beings....probably Humanoid...who might be called the 'progenitors'...which would explain the preponderance of Humanoid life-forms throughout the 'local region' of our Galaxy.

These initial 'progenitors' could very well, hundreds, or even millions of OUR years ago, developed an advanced civilization and developed extensive space-travel capabilities that we, now, can only dream of.

Thus, this imaginary species could have spread across this region of our Galaxy, over not just Thousands of years, but possibly Hundreds of Thousands of years.

During this 'exploration and colonization' phase, interruptions may have occurred.

We can see, just on our own Planet, the variations that occur due to natural selection....depending on environment. Imagine how a species similar to us would adapt in vastly different environments?

This brings me 'round again to the language problem....right here on the Earth we have roughly 1,000 different languages, if you include dialects.

AND, this is just ONE PLANET!!!

All I'm saying is....Star Trek had something called the 'Universal Translator' to at least attempt to solve the language issue...Star Gate had the Doctor who could read ancient Egyptian.....but still, they all spoke American English, no matter what planet they visited!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutch_Rick

Prior to the release of the film stargate users of this site and the general public had no idea of such devices exisiting. Surley that has to play a key evidence in understanding that the chance of the exisitence of such devises is almost nil. (nothing is impossible).

However, surley a line such as 'There is an alien base in Holland, no joke' also shares this same level of little or no evidence, also you have made this groundbreaking life changing statement without any further information. Please can you elborate? Is this linked to stargates?

Thanks.

top topics

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join