It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Undo I am really enjoying this conversation, as has been mentioned before, more research into the Mahabharata and vedic texts will reveal some very interesting facts...for example the ritual of killing the first-born is detailed in the incarnation of Krishna where his uncle wanted to kill the first born, but an angel told the uncle that the first born may be any of the 8 sons born to devaki (Krishna's mother) so he proceeded to kill all of them except for Krishna who was transplanted into the womb of his aunt...and was spared death...a lot of these stories overlap.

In the Ramayan it is stated that an army of monkey-men created a bridge to Sri Lanka from India that allowed for Ram to go there and save his wife...

Good luck in your research!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks, BFFT!

Yeah...ISRU makes a lot of sense to me, as a concept.

Of course, before the ISRU concept could be fully implemented, you'd agree, I assume, that much of the machinery and technology would have to be present first.

The transportation of the machinery and technology could be done in stages, at huge risk of Human life, using conventionally understood Interplanetary Travel technologies.....OR, could be done Robotically, with Humans to follow, at less Human risk....but barring a 'StarGate' magical system, it will be a very long-term endeavor.

As to StarGates....I want them to exist.....because ONE species on ONE planet could easily be wiped out...the 'Mega-Volcano' currently under Yellowstone Park, in the US, could erupt and severely affect the entire planet Earth. Maybe not for a few thousand years hence...but the need to colonize is still important.

Thing about 'StarGates' is....they tend to be linked to, of course, 'M'-class planets, that is....'Minshara'-class (the Vulcan term)....or more simply, planets that are very similar to Earth environments....Nitrogen/Oxygen atmospheres, in the correct mix, and a gravity that is at least near 1G...+/-

But, something that seems to be 'glossed over' by some Science Fiction stories, such as 'StarGate SG1'

The possibility of pathogens that our immune system would not have encountered before.

At least the 'Star Trek' transporter has a 'bio-filter' to protect everyone....

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

well humans couldn't use the original gates after their initial arrival threw them. it was considered an one way trip. in the eden account, they are sent threw, and then the gates are blocked by angelic beings with "fiery swords" that go back and forth. i dunno if that's a strict interpretation. i'd be more inclined to believe it is 2 angelic guards and a forcefield with some sort of energy field going back and forth. in the epic of gilgamesh, the gate and entire structure at which the gate is found, is covered by some sort of force field. the gate guards check him out first to make sure he's not human. they make the comment that he is 2/3rds god, at that point, and let him use the gate. in the terminology of the biblical and other ancient texts, that makes him a hybrid, a human-hybrid (in the bible they are called nephilim).

so let's just say for arguments sake, that if any humans used the gates on earth today, they wouldn't be coming back. but a genetically-enhanced/modified human, that's apparently a different story.

(note that the guards at the gate in the epic of gilgamesh are said to have eyes that can kill with a glance. i dunno if the translators muddled it up when they saw the word for eyes or what. it could mean more than one thing. i need to recheck the actually phraseology in that passage. )

[edit on 24-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

i have a thread on that subject. it starts off about a blob of white stuff in a valley in china that i theorized might be the real white pyramid of china. and ends up being a debate about the mahabharata and egyptian pharaohs.
it's called "White Pyramid of China May Not Be White Pyramid of China"
you can read it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Imagine in a few thousand years, when people on an universe-net find some old writings. They find the rosetta stone equivalent, and find out the language is english. Then they read jules verne, and start believing in sea monsters. Time travel. They find a video with stargate on it, and think its a documentary.

Are you people mad? These are the same people that had little more than ROCK to carve on to write. Yet they had a stargate? ROFL!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by benjiskylar

so i'm supposed to believe that all our ancient historical texts are jules verne novels? part of the problem is translation. when the translators are faced with the task of deciphering a language, they go with what's most familar to them at the time of the translation. if there's nothing to compare it to, they have to (literally) make their best guesses. when sumer was dug up from the 8 ft of flood silt it was buried under, there still wasn't much of a reference library on cuneiform language and there was a language change between akkad and sumer, which further complicated it. the translations have been slow going as a result. for decades, no one was teaching sumerian language/cuneiform because no one knew it, even though it had been discovered many years before. it's still difficult and expensive to find a class that teaches it.

another part of the problem is the demarcation of the black sea flood.
that's a big dividing line. alot of what happened in sumer, is the basis for the akkadian stories. there may be some embellishment, some dramatization, but over all, it's telling you about major events and major players in those events. i tracked it backwards from the book of revelation, while reading about a thing called the "bottomless pit". my research lead me back to the sumerian ABZU.

have you read the thread?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

You can find many explanations for any event. Almost always, the simplest explanation is the correct one. I wish it weren't that way, honestly, and it's why I visit ATS, but seriously, stargates?

Look at maori history. They said that someone FISHED UP an entire island. There are many, many, many crazy and lunatic stories - look at the bible!

Look at scientology for a PERFECT example of how one nutcase can promote the truth. Imagine if that survived and people in the future started believing in xenu!

Can't you see that the simplest explanation is that they drew a few stars on a drawing, and made up a few stories that got embellished over time?

The simplest explanation is that we know that stargates are unlikely to be able to occur. A new contender to replace string theory, which ultimately leads to a much simpler universe model, one WITHOUT wormholes, has come about in the last year. If as many physicists believe, it will replace string theory if it's predictions are verified and the model holds up, then your entire idea is bunk. Its a NEW idea, not an old one.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

well let's wait for that event before we call it bunk then.
and i've also stipulated on more than one occassion in this thread, that it may have been a teleportation device of some kind. and they can't disprove that since ibm has already made one.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well, you have to be prepared to accept alternate models. Not many people I know (I am an engineer & work with a lot of really really smart quantum physicists) even understand the current model. This is a typical trend of models that are about to be replaced.

The question you have to ask yourself, is that:

a) without watching stargate or knowing about quantum teleportation would you make the same conclusions
b) can you be sure that it wasn't just a story

Remember, it's easy to believe in things if you visit a site like this. Reptilians, stargates, 2mile ufos, bible, 2012, telekinesis as they are spoken as fact.

Could you show me the stargate examples, the actual parts showing walking through the stargate/teleporter and being transported to another place? Where is the reference?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

did you read the thread? i would really suggest you do that, as it would answer several of your questions.

first thing i had to do was establish for myself, that other (i'm a christian) ancient texts besides the bible might actually contain real history. you know, we are taught that the bible is the only book of legitimate history about the ancient past. and although it may be highly accurate by comparison, it isn't alone in having data about the past. where these things agreed, i followed the trail. i used the biblie as a filtering tool, and went threw hundreds and hundres of texts and thousands of artifacts.

there's an artifact in this thread which features enki in the abzu gate (some say it's gilgamesh in the mashu gate). it's not a big round one. it's rectangular one.

there are others as well, specifically from egypt, most connected with...well none of what i'm goign to tell you is going to be useful foryou unless you read the thread and follow the links i have provided.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Reading 157 pages of things is difficult for me, I have real work to complete

Can you post links to the three most convincing things first? This will act as a check to see if it's worth it. I would love if stargates were real.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

yeah but you do realize that after 150 some pages, you aren't the first one to ask the same thing? i should have these links pasted into a .txt file so i don't have to keep scrounging for them in the thread that readers can't be bothered to read.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
the abzu gate

from the egyptian "book of gates"

the cuneiform symbol for "flood", which i believe is a mistranslation. i'd go into explanation for why that is, but you don't have time and i 'm tired.

i believe the symbol for BAT in the link below, was a predynastic egyptian precursor of the gate, which is also a long story that i'm too tired to elaborate on atm. i've retold it in this thread several times.

www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...

realize the gates have been out of commission for a very long time. any representation of them will be from the perspective of ancient humans, who survived the black sea flood that wiped out sumer.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by benjiskylar
Reading 157 pages of things is difficult for me, I have real work to complete

Writing 157 pages is difficult for us... we have real work to complete

But just because you asked so 'politely'... here are three of my best

And THIS PAPER

If you don't read it I will PERSONALLY send the Jaffa after you

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

now zorg, you know he will just say that there's new research which trumps it. i'm supposed to just pitch all this out, so someone else can take it and write a book on it and make lots of money using my research. then they can blame my lack of them-ness for the fact they ripped me off and harrassed me right off ATS. what a crock of smelly stuff.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
NOTICE:

You are hereby given full rights and permissions to use my research for the financial betterment of yourself and or your family! Now quit bugging me! Let me be so I have some social outlet for my research! Either that, or explain why I can't discuss this topic on a forum for alternative topics? If you can't give me a decent explanation, I'll assume you're just being cruel and that will earn you some knee time (meaning, I will pray that you are richly blessed in all your endeavours because that is the only outlet of retribution that I have at my disposal. How in the hell you could think that is a threat to you, I have no flippin' idea!)

====
Mod Edit. All-caps

[edit on 10/25/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Tough Beans... next time I use a cattleprod... that is sort of a staff weapon

Hey got that Jesuit stuff yet?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
READ my notice above.

and get that recon guy off my back, pronto.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
and get that recon guy off my back, pronto.

Just use the ignore... I did

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

sigh, i should just go with my sister's counsel on this. she said, elizabeth, the topics you are discussing at too controversial. controversy is bad for you, emotionally and mentally. i think she's right.

i'm really dang close to just asking the mods to ban me and all my posts from ATS. if you want to save this data, now might be a good time.

new topics

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join