It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So basically someones read loads of ancient texts and stories, which have lots of interesting unusual things described. And come to the conclusion that there are Star gates like in the movie.

Imo this is jumping the gun, there needs to be more specific evidence concerning Stargates, not some vague descriptions borrowed to support the possibility.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by reconpilot
reply to post by AlienCarnage

From your limited human perspective it may seem that way . but thats the problem with humans . They are crippled genetically . You always view things in black and white ,left or right ,right or wrong . Absolutes .
only those in the dark deal in absolutes.

Actually a culture brought up on science deals with absolutes. Considering you cant place your fullstops and comma's correctly, anything you say looks like a 9 year old has written it. Yet you portray your self as more intellectual then others?

This thread is a complete load of rubbish, it should be put in skunk works rather then aliens. No proof with only interpretations of ancient texts?

Stop watching SG1 and Atlantis, Universe is out soon and no doubt that will spawn more retarded and pathetic threads like this.

No proof = doesn't exist. If it looks like milk, smells like milk and tastes like milk, its probably milk and not a zero point module.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellsybelieves
Do you have any thoughts on the Bermuda Triangle being some sort of natural stargate? Has it even crossed your mind?

Yes the thought has crossed my mind... also the possible 'holes' at the poles. The Russians and Germans are looking at a possible 'gateway' created by the dipole magnetic field that is the Earth.

The government has been researching 'natural' stargates for many years, even Dr. Dan Burisch speaks of this..

But more specifically here is a quote from an official government document.

Naturally occurring anomalous teleportation phenomena that were previously studied by the United States and foreign governments were also documented in the study and are reviewed in the report.

FROM THIS REPORT

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by reconpilot

Zorgon is a buddhist leaning, somewhat agnostic.

I'm the one you should be fussing at.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
recon,
what's with the insults? how would you know if i have classical training?

Beth please stop engaging recon... have you not noticed he is deliberately disrupting the thread? Look at the last four pages here. This is not the first thread he has done this on... and the insults will just increase as they did in the Pine Gap thread...

Look at the other posters that notice the same thing...

Just don't let him play you... This thread has a long history and a lot of value to those wanting to read it. Lets not kill it by giving in to bickering

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

and jesus may say this. 'begone, I never knew you'.

gads, i hope not

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bicnarok
Imo this is jumping the gun, there needs to be more specific evidence concerning Stargates, not some vague descriptions borrowed to support the possibility.

Hmmm read the thread? No?

COINCIDENCE?

STAR GATE FACTS

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a new thought that popped into my head from...somewhere.

according to the biblical texts, the word "babel" meant "confusion."
i think it originally meant "chaos." here we see tiamat (chaos), directly tied to the gate! so rather than saying "tower of babel" or "tower of the abzu" or "tower of confusion" or even "tower of the gate of the gods", we could call it, the "tower of the gate of chaos." essentially, they all mean the same thing, but adding chaos to the list, clarifies that this gate and tiamat are intimately connected (and by intimately, i don't mean literal sex)

this is also indicated in its later name of "E.NUN", and shows how the e.abzu became associated with the egyptian NUN (waters of chaos!)

[edit on 20-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teki187

Originally posted by reconpilot
reply to post by AlienCarnage

From your limited human perspective it may seem that way . but thats the problem with humans . They are crippled genetically . You always view things in black and white ,left or right ,right or wrong . Absolutes .
only those in the dark deal in absolutes.

Actually a culture brought up on science deals with absolutes. Considering you cant place your fullstops and comma's correctly, anything you say looks like a 9 year old has written it. Yet you portray your self as more intellectual then others?

This thread is a complete load of rubbish, it should be put in skunk works rather then aliens. No proof with only interpretations of ancient texts?

Stop watching SG1 and Atlantis, Universe is out soon and no doubt that will spawn more retarded and pathetic threads like this.

No proof = doesn't exist. If it looks like milk, smells like milk and tastes like milk, its probably milk and not a zero point module.

Are you absulutely sure science deals in absolutes ?
According to quantum theory its more a case of possibilities ,multiple possibilities . Or dont you absolutely know what shrodingers cat is ?

But you do have a point about those ancient texts . No ,they dont provide any proof anymore than you can proove your points are valid beyond reproach. Its all relative.

We are all in the same boat together on that one .

Oh and by the way, your drinking the wrong milk .

Skeptics ,youve gotta love 'em . Its like the US government 'experts' that assured the president man would never fly a heavier than air craft JUST BEFORE he went to see the wright brothers himself !

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It is threads like this that allow our world to fall into the dystopia we are seeing unravel before our very eyes.

If no reasonable proof has been presented in 155 pages can we close down this discussion already!??

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Zorgon is a buddhist leaning, somewhat agnostic.

I'm the one you should be fussing at.

Are you guys digging each other or are we just reading to much in to your relationship ? hey look , its cool with me . I think it could really work out for you if you can resolve your religious differences .

Religion , it always gets in the way of what could be a beautifull relationship.

Personally I always reckoned Jesus was a buddhist who never came out of the closet . Look , I'm just trying to grease the wheels of true love here . You were made for each other .

Come on guys , lighten up.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

nope, i'm telling you the truth as i see it, and also being a friend. since i know somewhat about what he believes, i came to his defense. i'd do the same for you if someone falsely accused you and oops, i'm not supposed to engage you in convo since it will just lead to more argument. can we refrain from anymore discussion about people's less than you-ness, and just get back to the topic? what do you think about my theory that it wasn't so much "confusion" at the tower of babel but "chaos"? the tower of the gate of chaos ? i think it fits remarkably well with ALL the variant texts of the time.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
It is threads like this that allow our world to fall into the dystopia we are seeing unravel before our very eyes.

If no reasonable proof has been presented in 155 pages can we close down this discussion already!??

cause we all know the mainstream version of our history is the correct one! seriously, if you want to read something you agree with, go read a history book from your local college. problem solved.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hello Undo - great thread about time portals. Here is an exert out of my thread "1998 For Me" that relates to stargates.

Co-Ordinates

COMPTON - CHARLTON - WILSFORD DOWNS
Location - Larkhill Test Range ORDINANCE SURVEY EXPLORER 130
SALISBURY & STONEHENGE
ISBN 0 319 21768 X

PSYCHIC LINE WEST -EAST on LAT 51 degrees 16'

Ann Andrews / Jason abduction account in Kent is exactly on this line

PSYCHIC LINE NORTH EAST- SOUTH WEST on 60 degrees from north

The incident at Cote, that I outlined above, and Elsie Oakensens abduction account are exactly on this line

[ INTERSECTION LONG 2 degrees 51' WATER DEAN BOTTOM - COMPTON DOWN ]

INTERSECTION = GOLDEN CHAIR (GC)

Extended NE / SW Line beyond GC goes DIRECTLY to Yarnbury Castle
Extended NE / SW Line goes DIRECTLY to Casterley Camp

Extended Line from GC goes DIRECTLY NORTH To Silbury Hill

Extended Line 90 degrees from Stonehenge Circus goes DIRECTLY TO GC

EXTENDED LINE OLD SARUM TO STONEHENGE CIRCLE AND ONTO GOLDEN CHAIR ( WATER DEAN BOTTOM )

EXTENDED LINE BEYOND BEND OF THE STONEHENGE AVENUE goes directly to GC

[COMPASS POINTS & Lines running outwards from GC :- Silbury (North)

- NE / SW Line 30 degrees beyond north
- West / East Line 60 degrees further
- Line to Avenue 50 degrees further
- Line to Stonehenge 10 degrees further around
- Line to cursus 10 degrees further
- Line to Yarnbury Fort 60 degrees further
- Oldbury ten degrees from north

All lines run from GC on multiples of ten ]

MOD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earth Google

Elevation 504

51 Degrees 15' 54.42 N
1 Degree 52' 02.67 W

Time Portal

What I'm saying is that the Eight Star Greys are aware of a time portal at the Golden Chair marked down by the neolithic sites of Stonehenge; Silbury and Old Sarum. If you look at the lines that radiate from Golden Chair, to these sites, then you can understand their configuration of Stonehenge Circus and the main avenue. This information was lost with the passing of the Druids after the Roman Conquest of Anglesey. Remants of knowlede were maintained in the Saxon Chronicles that talk about the Golden Chair that emanates light. The Chronicles also talk about altered states and interaction with strange dwarf like creatures.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Circle

the golden chair? i will look into it. thanks for the heads up!
i never pass up the chance to read ancient history!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
eek, i must add 1 more "tower of" reference: The Tower of Tiamat! I bet that is the meaning. Tiamat (gate of chaos) gave birth to the gods. Oh yep, there we go henry!

[edit on 20-10-2008 by undo]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

undo, your latest Avatar looks eerily similar to the corridor on the USS Enterprise J when Jonathon Archer was pulled into the future, on 'Star Trek: Enterprise' to witness a famous battle between the Federation and the Sphere Builders, and Capt Archer was informed that Zindi were serving on the Federation ship, far into Capt. Archer's time, yet he, Jonathon, was given a talisman so it could be quantum dated to PROVE it was Xindi, and also that it was from the future....so that when Archer was returned to his time he could use it to help explain......well, it sounds silly when written out, doesn't it??? But, It was a compelling story-telling arc, in a Science-Fiction teleplay.

Thing is: There are quite a few fans of Science Fiction who frequent the ATS boards. Myself, included. We're hard to fool, because most of us have read it already, or seen it in popular programming.

What is more, hard core Science Fiction fans also tend to understand Basic Physics....maybe not on the level of Dr. Stephen Hawking, of course, but enough to realize when BS is being spouted.

Now that I've said all of that --- there is also an understanding that not ALL of what we think we know is the 'end all, and be all' of knowledge. I think Human History has pretty well proven that to be wrong. My reason for that last sentence is, simply, aviation. 'Nuf said...

I have seen a lot of 'speculation' right here on ATS....and I want to chime in with my two Euros....

A transportation device, such as a 'StarGate', or a system of 'StarGates'.

A sufficiently advanced technological species? They built them, to virtually last forever??? What happened to the species that built them? THEY apparently didn't last 'forever'...

Secondly (and this has been addressed in some of the StarGate DVDs, after the TV series ended) the 'rings' are quite small in diameter. Barely able to accomodate people and minimal equipment. Certainly not LARGE vessels of any kind...

So one is left to assume that, back in the day of this ancient Civilization, they used these 'portals' simply for personal transport....because the transfer of goods would have been severly limited....and this assumes they had FTL travel for the large ships, to carry the goods. The 'StarGates' were mostly for tourists and political delegations, and such....at least, this is how I read it, from a logical standpoint.

Anyone care to expand on these notions???

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
more thoughts... the name in their language would be something like the (Tower of)

Abzu of Tiamat.

if such is the case, you can see why the enuma elish personifies them, hundreds of years later.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

i think there were several large (ship-sized) gates in the oceans of the world. seven, to be exact. that correlates nicely with the 7 headed dragon that rises from the waters in revelation. it all ties in so neatly together, it's astounding. it also draws a timeline, however vague -- since the planet didn't always have 7 oceans. somebody planted them after the oceans of the world were created by tectonic plate movements or growth of the earth's sphere.

i also think there were smaller, people-sized gates on land, usually subterranean. most of the places i've theorized the gates may have been on land, were subterranean and filled with water. not sure why.

my avatar is from star wars v: the empire strikes back. it's an interior hallway in lando calrissian's, cloud city

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
just noticed this passage in " enki and the world order"

Enki placed in charge of the whole of heaven and earth the hero, the bull who comes out of the hacur forest bellowing truculently, the youth Utu, the bull standing triumphantly, audaciously, majestically, the father of the Great City (an expression for the underworld)

the bull constellation, taurus, i have theorized earlier in the thread, was a symbol for the gate system. the 7 sisters (pleiades) were the big gates in the oceans. so where it says "the Great City is an expression of the underworld", assume it's at the other end of a gate, for the purposes of this thread. it's the gate that's in the underworld.

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join