It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hmmmm....in the show, the series, we see them walking out (sometimes tumbling out) at the 'receiving end'

When they send one of the robot UMVs (Unmanned Maneuvering Vehicles) in ahead of humans, they just drive right on through.

Is this just Hollywood, or a bit like real life??

Thanks for your response.

[edit on 9/12/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jalana Dax

Sorcha Faal is spinning this as the result of the soldiers’ attempt to open a stargate in Babylon.

Thanks I will get the original article

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalana Dax
Undo,
What do you think, could the LHC be the "abyss" from Revelation 9?

You know they have been showing the movie The Abyss on TV non-stop for the past 3 months or so where it used to come on every once in a while...that movie is over 19 years old.

Also noteworthy...Independence Day and The Mummy is on non-stop as well.

Carefull jalana ,you are treading in a sensitive area there . The abyss in this case is a euphemism for a certain type of black hole .
The ancients who colonised this planet came from another universe, came through 'the abyss' . watch the new doctor who series carefully and you will see many clues regarding the 'dark' ,fear of the dark .
The ancients want to reclaim this planet but you need to know this .They are a diabolicaly evil species . The film 'event horizon' is based on fact .

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by undo
?? what the? somebody send out a memo and not put me in the loop?
what robbie williams thread?

Ummmm its blatantly at the top of every thread page...
and the banner for the field team

why's that fellow congratulating you on it?
is it your thread?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
why's that fellow congratulating you on it?
is it your thread?

You lost me on that...

As to RW... if that is the state of what's to come here... it may be time to look for a new home. Hard to compete with a rock star who saw a weird light in his hotel room

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
this is a video of the upcoming stargate worlds mmorpg that was showcased at comic-con. i'm posting this here because i found certain things curious, especially about the way they had chosen to design the interactions between the factions. and references to things like this:

Audience question: Will the Asgard have "mind powers"?

now i dunno who is thinking up some of their material, but his answer is very
interesting. he claims he can't answer the question directly because it's a part of the ambience of the game and would be a spoiler if he explained what they can do or not do beyond just basic asgard technology introduced in the tv show. the way Asgard function in defense mode is through the use of drones, he claims.

but here's the clincher: your character can be Asgard. you can also be Goa'uld, or Jaffa, or Human, etc, but Asgard?

There's something just not right about the way the tv show and this game, are depicting these asgard beings. i'm a bit concerned about the way it's leading us into a future where we repeat what was done on earth, just out in space...and with the help of some ....well, let me put it this way, the asgard are very curious indeed.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I've thought about that too. My skeptical side sees their treatment of the Grays as using artistic license to combine elements of common ufo-logy beliefs. It seemed like they were combining "gray" and "nordic" alien folklore, while giving a nod to the notion that the US Government makes deals with, trades technology with and enlists in the aid of representatives from the Grays, who work side by side with them.

But I guess describing the innocuous, plausible deniablity scenario is actually unnecessary and redundant.

So, combined with the suspicious lack of "the paranormal" - actually an atheist - or as Sunsetspawn suggested, vaguely new-age - slant the show puts on things, I ask again: Is the USAF using the above tactics to distract us from the notion that they may have "made a deal with the devil"?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

i'm not fond of goa'uld or ori or wraith, either. i mean, in context of the setting and any possible implications the show promotes. they make these beings look incredibly evil. it's curious to me, however, that they promote the grey looking guys, the asgard, as being really cool chaps out on a mission to .....what is their mission?

anyway....

as far as making a deal with the devil: according to the ancient texts, and as a result of my research, i had come to the conclusion that this planet (earth) is the "Devil's" planet anyway. if we follow the trail, enki, who is the equivalent of loki of ancient nordic texts, and the devil of biblical texts, he's supposed to be a bad guy (which would explain how things get so crazy from time to time). but in the tv show, stargate sg1, they introduce him as just some off the wall asgard character who kidnaps jack and makes a clone of him. i'm not sure what to make of this disparity. it doesn't reflect accurately on the testimonies of thousands of people around the globe.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by dariousg
Hey Z, I liked that Robbie Williams thread and the interview.

Oh yes and judging by the two thousand "Cool thread starred and flagged" posts in there I see many agree...

zorg, i'm referring to that conversation above.

sounds as if he's congratulating you on the thread.
and you're saying basically "yup, see the stars and flags!"

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The Christian teachings I was brought up with emphasize over and over that "Satan" is "the ruler of this system of things". How else would he be able to 'tempt' Jesus with all the Kingdoms of the Earth (Jesus never disputed his ownership).

From the more fundamentally "christian" point of view, I would see the SG mythos as dividing the combined deeds of "Satan" throughout the ages into the misunderstood actions of many different alien races/beings.

The thing is, this makes more sense to me than my mom's church ever did. And it's more in line with the research you've shared.

But since you mentioned all the other baddies in the franchise, it's even easier to illustrate: We really need you folks out there to keep tuning in. The little Gray guys might be ugly, but they're our FRIENDS.
Still, they have taken particular effort to show that at least one of the main heroes, John Sheppard, doesn't really like having them around.

"Does he have to be naked like that?" Or something

[edit on 9/12/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Funny I always saw the asgard as the "bad guys" in the show, mainly becaus even though they were slightly hesitant at first ot help the USAF in the show, they eventually add their tech to the ships of earth, I found that a bit desturbing, as if there was an alternate purpose for this.

As for the ORI or however you spell it I have found their fude between the other ascended ancients interesting, where ORI interact with the humans, where as the other ancients forbid it. Kind of a power strggle between almost angels and deomons, but which is which?

As far as Guald and the Jaffa go, it desturbs me that there is a difference between the way these characterizations are different between the movie and the TV show. In the movie it sais that an alien possesed a human host, but the alien is depicted almost as an asgaurd type species, not the snake guald in the tv show, and in the TV show the Jaffa are willing servents of their Guald masters (gods), it is almost a right of passage to host a simbiote, where in the movie it was like the USAF soldiers where hipmotized or something similar to be what the TV show labeled "Jaffa". Still on the fenced about this.

THe other question is did the Ancients actually invent the Star Gate Tech or was it a calaboritive effort between all of the races??

Sorry if any of this was previously posted in the thread it has been almost 2 weeks since I read the entire thread and my memory is not what it used to be.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I just finished watching 10 years worth of SG-1 within only a month and will say that its a somewhat accurate depiction of the human condition. It also reflects the conclusions I have come to after long study.

The basic hermetic & gnostic cosmology passed down through the ages is that there is a supreme being and then there are "false gods", beings who only pose as gods. No offense to your christian beliefs undo, but in this context anything that can be depicted, anything that is personified, anything that demands worship is a false God. There are no pictures, no idols and no demand for worship of the Supreme Being.

Likewise, all the "Gods" we see in the TV Series are not Gods at all, but megalomaniacs who enslave people and make them worship them. They gain their power through the attention/worship/belief in them. The "good God" is never shown within the series. All thats shown are agents of the good side which always have an etheral, spirit-quality about them and are not easy to see or grasp and also have a policy of non-interference (granting free will).

The Goauld are a metaphorical representation of the ancient serpents. The Ori are a metaphorical representation of the slavery experienced by fanatical religion. The Wraith are a metaphorical representation of demonic/vampiric parasites.

These doctrines are actually not new...they are well known in the substreams of society known as "esoteric", "occult" and "hermetic". Those substreams which are labelled "evil" by the bigger religions...the slave-religions.

True spiritual practicce therefore doesnt involve the worship and idolization of pictures and extraterrestrials, but right livelihood in integrity, honesty, compassion, responsibility - as also shown in the series.

In Season 10 of SG-1 there is an episode entitled "200" in which they say that the airforce writes the filmscripts in order to make the airforce look good and also to cover-up the real stargate. Those humorous remarks could be a hint.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutch_Rick

"the Pyramid lies in the center of gravity of the continents. It also lies in the exact center of all the land area of the world, dividing the earth's land mass into approximately equal quarters. The north-south axis (31 degrees east of Greenwich) is the longest land meridian, and the east-west axis (30 degrees north) is the longest land parallel on the globe. There is obviously only one place that these longest land-lines of the terrestrial earth can cross, and it is at the Great Pyramid!"

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thought this was very interesting!

sharonkgilbert.com...

In particular... this paragraph from the article.

Sorcha Faal is spinning this as the result of the soldiers’ attempt to open a stargate in Babylon. While I take Faal’s opinions with more than a few grains of salt, I can’t get past that ‘mummy’ reference in the original article.

Tony

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

well let's remove the word christianity for a moment and just think about what jesus taught and did. that humans tried to force it on others is not jesus' fault. he told them, present the gospel. if the person doesn't want to hear it, move on. so there was no talk of inquistions or forced membership, quite the opposite.

the problem with how he is presented in modern society is that most have never actually read his words, rather they see him threw the eyes of the papacy, the papacy's historical acts, and the flaws and errors of people who claim or are trying to follow his ideals. modern day atheistic and agnostic texts, use examples from the acts of humans to prove jesus was bad or non-existent. such as the papacy's decision to employ the iconography of mithra on his mother's lap to designate jesus on mary's lap, which is being used as an excuse today to prove jesus never existed. kids have sat on their mom's laps for a long time. the papacy was just very much into ecumenism (forcing other churches/religions to meld into one church/religion -- theirs!) by adopting the icons of the other religions they absorbed.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

yes, I understand that some essential truths were saved and that jesus teachings differ from how they´ve been distorted by others.

The point I was making is that the TV-Series is teaching a generation of people how to discern between false gods and spirit.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

hrm, you think that's the message?
i think it's attempting to prepare an entire generation of people for massive homicidal mania, based solely on concepts like if you believe in a supernatural being or not.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Having seen 10 years of it within a month, thats whats left, yes. A rather positive and optimistic feeling also.

I agree with you that the greys are misrepresented though.

I think its good they feature benevolent aliens, but choosing grays to be that is a mismatch, imo.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Another reoccuring theme of positive-brainwashing is

"We dont leave others behind"

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hi and thank you undo you have been doing a great peice of research here for the last two years. Your research is very good and interesting but there are many questions that are still unanswered. I have solely joined this website to point you Undo and any other people who still cant come to a conclusion as to why Stargates are becoming an everyday part of life now.

Please start watching this series from Episode 1 -Al-Dajjal

www.youtube.com...

Also id like to make it clear that this series is about stargates and not about certain faiths. So whatever religion you follow just please watch this with an open mind. It gives us facts and then evidence on certain things like the tower of babel, the war on iraq etc.. why the first world wars were waged, History on the Bush family, Aleister Crowley and Adolf Hitler etc. Basically it gives us a view that since 1905 there has been a programme a plan to rebuild the tower of Babel and unlock a great new power or in Senior bush's words a new weapon of mass destruction for the new world under one order.

This is for Undo
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 15-9-2008 by beready]

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join