It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't be suprsed if the writers of sci-fi read ATS threads such as this one and write their stories based on them. Which makes me wonder when the stories on here seem to be like the sci-fi movies/TV shows, which came first posts on here or the story lines.
Which came first the chicken or the egg?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

You do realise that that argument makes absolutely no sense at all? Surley then, by the same analogy, there was once a man who was exposed to too much gamma rays and he had a hard time controlling his temper?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
Which came first the chicken or the egg?

The egg... because the mutation that made it into a chicken happened at that stage... not a 'shape shift' from another variety that changed into a chicken

Ofcourse religious people will tell you that God just said "Let there be CHICKEN" and POOF there was Chicken

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker Univeral Translator had a bit of a problem, there....

UT is a simple thing.... when... like the Grays... you have telepathy in the equation...

But surely you don't expect writers to spend half an hour per episode trying to explain how they learned the languages?

To All...

But seeing as the Stargates were placed on certain worlds that were populated by the Ancients... would it not seem logical that all the civilizations on those planets would then have a common root?

And since the Goa'uld are a symbiot that takes over the host... would they then not have access to all that?

Ah well... critical thinking is dead...

It is also highly likely that SciFi writers and Artists etc are more in tune with the Akashic Record than most are willing to accept. Jules Verne had the Moon landing down pat...

You know what really boggles my mind? People are willing to accept that St Peter cares enough to write down every little thing you have done in your life for judgment against you in the final days... but people are not willing to accept that maybe someone can have a glimpse of that book from time to time and see what is coming...

In the old days they used to call it a 'vision'

No matter... believe as you wish... ignorance is bliss... but those who have 'seen the light'... they know....

Now all of you be good little sheep and click on that Robbie William 'UFO investigator' thread....

[edit on 10-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It is simple, the DHD had the universal translater built in, since there was not a DHD in the movie (at least i don't remember there being one), they had to have Daniel translate the language for them.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey Z, I liked that Robbie Williams thread and the interview.

Oh yeah, I'm still lurking around in this thread. Just seeing what new is coming up. Still seeing that many are asking the same questions that were asked many times throughout including by myself since it is a bit of a long thread.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Oh yes and judging by the two thousand "Cool thread starred and flagged" posts in there I see many agree...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

well it's still possible, even if you look at it from the perspective of modern day genetics. the genetic code is created by a series of amino acids which are given 1 letter designations. it's the foundation for language, or code, if you will.
(see here: helixweb.nih.gov... )

science is rapidly advancing on all manner of "Creative" power examples. look at the replicator in star trek. how far off do you think that is? how's it work? what's the guy using it say?

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot."
He spoke a cup of hot tea of earl grey variety, into reality. Before he spoke it into reality, it was just a thought in his head.

So to say God couldn't do the same thing, is seriously under estimating even human science. That's what bugs me about the supposed Enlightenment. All they did was make a really big snow job to hide the science of the ancient texts and that mostly due to their own lack of understanding regarding science.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by dariousg

Oh yes and judging by the two thousand "Cool thread starred and flagged" posts in there I see many agree...

?? what the? somebody send out a memo and not put me in the loop?
what robbie williams thread?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yes quite true... I have used that argument a few times...

Like how easy it would be for a truly advance species to 'play god'

Lets use Star Trek as its not THAT advanced... but the replicator and the transporter are actually the same thing... an issue I will expand on later that really opens a can of worms...

You are standing on a planet and want to convince the locals you are god... well your lapel pin is on... and you say "I command a COW to appear... and "Lo and Behold" someone beams down a cow
Its likely these people have never SEEN a cow before so this is good...

You are about to be attacked by a Hoard of Mongols looking to eat that cow... and you call up for a phaser strike 50 yards in front of you with some appropriate god like command for dramatic effect...

Now your cow is safe because you just had the Mongolian Horde vaporized and the locals are now thoroughly convinced you are god...

[personal grugde against Mongolian Hordes
)

Transporter tech...

In 1969 Scientific American ran an article on a transporter experiment... It said that it took two huge rooms and a lot of power but they succeeded in transmitting a glass ashtray over several weeks... I will have to go through old issues and see if I can find that as at the time I did not think there was a need to keep it...

In 1972 they ran a short piece that they had attempted with a mouse... the mouse went through, but was dead.. That was it... nothing more after that...

Implications of Transporter/Replicator/Holoprojector.

Star Trek writers have indeed touched on this issue from time to time, though they avoid it or try to work around it...

Here it is in a nutshell...

When you 'beam up' you are literally destroyed... the data of your molecular arrangement is stored digitally and then transmitted and reconstructed at the other end...

[With the new things they are finding in quantum physics it may just be that there is no limiting factor like distance... but lets leave that for now as it ties in with subspace communication and why SETI cannot hear any signals
]

Okay so here is the catch YOU ARE DEAD... and recreated 'over there' and you hope they don't get 'static' in the signal ...

They did this with Scotty had hmi stored as a pattern for many years... so he could appear in the new series...

They did that when Kirk and the others beamed down to a planet and were killed... they 'revived' them from the outgoing signal so they lost all memory of what happened in the two weeks...

Now toss in the Holodeck This matter is created by the Replicator but has a 'time frame' limit built in and supposedly a 'must be in the room' limit...

BUT not true... IF the replicator is using a previously recorded pattern to create say a cup of Earl Gray tea... there is NO REASON it could not make a thousand cups... Energy is no problem on the ship... and the matter can be taken from anywhere... all you need is electrons, protons and neutrons to create ANY element...

So you could have Rambo fully armed to the teeth step into a transporter, copy the pattern and then literally have a dozen replicates step out say in the lobby of the Kremlin... while the original Rambo steps back out at his end and goes to dinner with the wife and kids...

Build in a time factor and the replicates vanish

The ONLY question in all this is ... Is the life force, or the soul, that makes you YOU replicated?

IF you can replicate a cup of tea you can replicate a human
IF you can store the pattern for a cup of tea, you can store the pattern for a human (as they did with Scotty)
IF you can use that tech to create a person that is real to the touch in a Holodeck... you can create that person for real in the outside world

In this case you either have the tech or you do not... its like Yoda said size matters not... its only a question of energy... and anti matter reactions provide enough of that

Now think a moment of the implications of that... and you will understand why McCoy hated to use them

Fortunately digital copying does not suffer the same fate as analog copying where each copy of a copy degenerates... At least a digital copy will remain true... as long as the data is not corrupted...

So before you step in to one... better make sure they have a good lock on target... or you might leave an arm behind...

BTW they really are good for medical use too... think about it... if they have your pattern on file... and you need a new heart... well no problem step on up and we will recode that portion...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
so we could essentially be a replication of God's thoughts and appearance. Now why would "God" have to pretend to be himself? that doesn't make any sense.
the idea that stargate the movie and tv show advances, that the gods are just aliens pretending to be gods is a bit odd. maybe we need to re-examine the meaning of the word in the first place. perhaps the entire problem is a matter of extremes. the issue i take with it is that we don't know how far out into the unknown sciences, it extends. and that's where it bogs down into being simply not believable by people who worship science as we know it...at this moment. which will be entirely different 50 years from now. ya know? we're a very short-sighted group i think.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Very rich and fascinating thread, Undo.

I read your OP a while ago. I got totally in love with it. I read a bit further and I liked that word 'Ziggorat' or something like this. I've been very busy since, on various missions, net and else, essentially else, but I wanted to google it. I deduct by reading your valuable thread that it is an ancient sort of boat?

What I read about the one (in the neck of this topic) with the "walls that talk & give advice", SILVER colour etc, spouting upwards in a speedy way, it clearly tells me that this very ancient witnessing of Ancient Iraq People is the description of a spaceship, the talking walls being our nowadays-computers.

HYPER INTERESTING, so please carry on finding elements and topics. It's remarkable how the date of this thread when started reminds us how good things LIVE ON. Hope it lives on for more time to come.

I don't have the link right now but just the title of this YT video: "Ancient Aliens". You can easily find it on You Tube or visit my page there, I'm LaPieinsky there. (playlists-->Space), Welcome!

TC and I will carry on reading further and more when I can. Favourited discussion in my books.

Mag

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Z, as Spock would say, "Fascinating".

I actually believe that premise, of creating multiple copies of a living being, was covered extensively in many fan-based magazines and/or blogs over the years. The ethical implications being such that, it would lend itself to such a possibility for abuse, that it had to be 'explained' away, as part of Star Trek tech-speak.

(Perhaps made clear in the ST: Classic First-Season episode "The Enemy Within" where Kirk is accidentally duplicated by the transporter, but cannot function as two separate entities. Kind of a 'Yin/Yang'....'Good vs. Evil' morality play).

The ethical problem of 'creating' multiple copies of a human, or any sentient being for that matter, is covered very well in the ST: TNG
episode "The Measure of a Man". To my mind it ranks as one of the top-ten to come out of that particular franchise. As you know, Data is a machine, built by a man. Do other men have the right to take him apart for study, in the hopes of creating duplicates? Again, the question of sentience arises, and the inability of the transporter to duplicate that ineffable quality. AND, whether or not Data has individual rights.

Now, the StarGate, that's a whole 'nother ballgame. Advanced alien technology, and used simply for transportation (so far). And not sure how a real wormhole might work...are the subjects broken down into their quantum components, and re-assembled? Never heard of pattern buffers in the StarGate system yet....

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Sheesh and all I did was make an off topic comment about the chicken and egg thing and look what it spawned into . .

My question is, does the transporter keep your data, or is it deleted once you are reconstructed? If it is kept then can the person at the controls make multiple copies of you. Also would a Stargate be a transporter type device storing your pattern (data) in some sort of file? I remember in one episode Tealk is stuck in the gate and if the gate is activated his data gets erased, yes that is science fiction but ould a true Stargate operate in this fashion?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

my theory is that if (and i mean come on,it's entirely likely!) there are more advanced civs than ours out there in the universe (duh!), they probably have laws regarding the usage of tech like that. i think this is part of the reason there are wars in the first place. same as here. they fight over the right to defend themselves, however they see fit. but there are probably universal laws as well. a planet becomes an outcast if it abuses that kind of tech without some kind of oversight. which would explain why so many things are covered up and hush-hushed. it's a very complex universe out there!

[edit on 11-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Undo,
What do you think, could the LHC be the "abyss" from Revelation 9?

You know they have been showing the movie The Abyss on TV non-stop for the past 3 months or so where it used to come on every once in a while...that movie is over 19 years old.

Also noteworthy...Independence Day and The Mummy is on non-stop as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
And so is "First Contact" the Star Trek Movie
And "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"
they, along with "Independance day seem to be on constantly.

the Wraith in SGA are a very close description of the beings that come up from the Abyss, as Undo described, down to the hair like womens.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Calling Undo and Zorgon...check out this article!!!

5000 YEAR OLD MUMMY APPEARANCE
Sorcha Faal is spinning this as the result of the soldiers’ attempt to open a stargate in Babylon.

sharonkgilbert.com...

Coincidence to my earlier post? I think not.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Jalana Dax]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker And not sure how a real wormhole might work...are the subjects broken down into their quantum components, and re-assembled? Never heard of pattern buffers in the StarGate system yet....

According to Hawking and other scientists... yes you do not go through as yourself. They made this clear with the Iris just at the event horizon where matter 'reassembles' With just a thin barracade you don't reassemble... you go splat....

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
?? what the? somebody send out a memo and not put me in the loop?
what robbie williams thread?

Ummmm its blatantly at the top of every thread page...
and the banner for the field team

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join