It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hi there!

First I'm german so forgive me my bad english...

I'm very fascinated of your work and since I've seen Stargate first time i thought there must be more than just this story - something real.

All the theories you've talked about were SO cool o.O All the old cultures and religions and so on... very great! =)

Please go on with your researches =)

Oh, and by the way: Don't know how much you know about germans at the moment, but i read about a machine to make particles EXTREM fast so they want to see how the "Urknall" (dictionary says it's called "big bang" in english... funny :-D) was and if it's going wrong it could be that they create a black hole... maybe a step to the technology of stargates? (If someone wants to read an article (it's german but i really can't translate it sorry...
): www.shortnews.de...)

Hopefull to get more informations -
Eclipse

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hi there!
Oh, and by the way: Don't know how much you know about germans at the moment,

I might now a thing or two about Germans: but I do know that CERN is Switzerland and France

CERN it has begun...

LHC First Beam on
10 September 2008
public.web.cern.ch...

Alice Portal

Large Hadron Colider

Ich benötige nicht einen Übersetzer

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon....my German is terrible....but did you say 'I am not the beginner'?

Or, "I did not start it!" ???

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
my German is terrible....

Why are you keeping a German?

Töten Sie nicht den Löwenzahn

[edit on 6-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I am not the dead Lowenstein tooth??

Sorry, that was the Google translation.

I know that nouns/pronouns are Capitalized, in German. I know what 'nicht' means. I just can't type the 'umlat'.

BUT, we dare the mods here, for going off topic. AS TO Stargates....I realize that, for TV, everyone has to speak the same language....but, really? No matter where they go, everyone speaks English??

At least Star Trek tries to explain it by the Universal Translator...with computer assistance, of course.

BUT....StarGate? Everyone speaks colloquial English, no matter how many light-years they've traveled. Hummmmm......

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

i feel like i need to argue with you so you aren't bored! problem is, to do that, i have to post pics of the moon and stuff and erm, i like the slow but steady recovery my life is experiencing at the moment

that white rabbit, he nearly got me whole troupe in trouble! (nah, not his fault, when i think about it. i just think outloud alot. prolly shouldn't.)

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

uhhhhh...OK.....the Univeral Translator had a bit of a problem, there....if only you could say a few more words, in your language, maybe the UT could learn to intrepret.

Thanks ever so much....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

oh nothing.

i promise, i'm not bonkers. just ...well in that john lear thread you said you were bored. ya know the one where you say you wish he would come back? i'd try to help but i'm not a suitable replacement for the capt'n.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
the site where i originally found the abydos vase, suggested the
figure with his arms in a circle was depicting the symbol of hathor.

i've highlighted it in yellow and circled it in pink.
i believe it's depicting the gate, and shows how the "eye of ra" became
associated with it. i'm still amazed that the archaeologist in question,
elaborated on why the position of the arms proved it was a
hathor symbol, but didn't notice the beings in the picture don't look
like the later depictions of egyptians

this seems like a greeting, an identification..like saying -- yes we are the ones from the gate.. a similar example is in stargate the movie, when the humans from earth first encounter the people in the desert city on the planet "Abydos", and one of them sees the eye of ra pendant around daniel's neck and thinks they are goa'uld

the scene in question starts at 2:50 in this video

one thing that bugs me about the movie is that they claim they had already found the first 6 symbols by the time they employ daniel to help them decipher what the last symbol is. the gate only had so many symbols. it would've been just a case of randomly choosing the last symbol from the remaining symbols on the gate, a process of elimination. they didn't need daniel for that. so obviously, the part of the movie where daniel discovers the final symbol is heavily contrived or missing data.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
the gate only had so many symbols. it would've been just a case of randomly choosing the last symbol from the remaining symbols on the gate, a process of elimination. they didn't need daniel for that.
[edit on 6-9-2008 by undo]

Aww, you're not supposed to go there, that's no fun!

Do they ever mention a 'UT' or any explanation for the language factor anywhere in the franchise? I don't recall, but I could've missed.

Back to the 'purpose' of the SG franchise... One thing I find interesting is the very 'atheist' slant it has, though that may not be the right word. The way that pretty much everything can be explained with technology. There is no 'hocus-pocus' or 'spiritism' in the SG universe, it's all simply alien or ancient technology. Sure, they encounter aliens with strange abilities, but they are explained as being genetic traits.

In much of your research, as far as 'real' stargates go, there is much 'magic' and/or ritual involved. Is the USAF trying to distract us from the notion that they may have made a deal with 'the devil'?

Of course this could just be reflecting the belief system of the show's brilliant creators, which is what I'd rather the case be, but it seems strange in this day and age where shows featuring the 'paranormal' are more and more popular and numerous.

Do you guys know of any interviews or other sources where Wright & Cooper may have addressed this?

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Look, I find the subject facinating and can neither support nor debunk. Our current science is advanced and our knowledge continues to grow. Also, there is certainly much that we don't know. So I applaud the interest and research in such a seemingly fringe topic, but am saddened by the fact that if it is true it would take an insider with no regard for his own or his families lives to blow the whistle.

Anyway, I need to correct some details concerning the movie and show.

The movie was made without any intention of a spinoff show, in fact, it was meant to be a trilogy.

“When we created the original Stargate, we always envisioned it as a trilogy, and, unfortunately, the way in which the movie got made, we didn’t really have control over [the future of it],” Devlin said.

www.sliceofscifi.com...

Devlin might still pull it off...

Dean claims he’d like to pick up the story from where the original 1994 film left off without any reference to the established mythos and canon set down by the highly successful television spinoff.

Boy would I love to see that. The show was good, but clearly not part of the artistic sci-fi genius that the movie was.

Originally posted by undo
a similar example is in stargate the movie, when the humans from earth first encounter the people in the desert city on the planet "Abydos", and one of them sees the eye of ra pendant around daniel's neck and thinks they are goa'uld

"Abydos" and "Goa'uld" were terms assigned to these things in the show. The planet and villian had NO NAMES in the movie.

one thing that bugs me about the movie is that they claim they had already found the first 6 symbols by the time they employ daniel to help them decipher what the last symbol is. the gate only had so many symbols. it would've been just a case of randomly choosing the last symbol from the remaining symbols on the gate, a process of elimination. they didn't need daniel for that. so obviously, the part of the movie where daniel discovers the final symbol is heavily contrived or missing data.

Now, I really could be wrong here, but I was always of the opinion that the USAF only knew that they had six symbols. They didn't know that seven was the limit. For all they knew they needed six more. They also didn't know that the symbols were constellations, and therefore co-ordinates. Of course I think the constellation thing was absurb because visible constellations couldn't possible point to a star system at the edge of the known universe, and I also think there would be no way to track the probes aside from directly through the gate which tells them nothing of the actual location in the universe, but I digress.
Also, perhaps detecting the HUGE amount of power the gate generated upon dialing six sybols, they didn't want to just start guessing for fear of a planet destroying reaction.
The bottom line here is that you are applying SG1 things to the movie; perhaps Emmerich and Devlin had vastly different ideas that just happened to have not ended up on film, and due to the fact that the show had completely different writers, those ideas NEVER became part of the canon.

Originally posted by Teratoma
Do they ever mention a 'UT' or any explanation for the language factor anywhere in the franchise? I don't recall, but I could've missed.

No, in the movie they use the language barrier as a terrific plot and character development tool, and the show's creators simply ignored the language barrier because that would have seriously hindered the show.
I understand, but to simply ignore it and make the aliens speak english annoyed me. Star Trek had UTs, and Farscape had the brilliant injectable translator nano-engineered virus, but instead of offering an explaination, SG1 didn't touch it. BOOOOOOO!!!

In fairness, even a sort of translation tool would have to be addressed often because unlike Star Trek, in Stargate many of the civilizations they encounter are unconnected and primitive, so there would be this mandatory "bring the translation tool up to speed/inject the natives" scene.

Back to the 'purpose' of the SG franchise... One thing I find interesting is the very 'atheist' slant it has, though that may not be the right word. The way that pretty much everything can be explained with technology. There is no 'hocus-pocus' or 'spiritism' in the SG universe, it's all simply alien or ancient technology. Sure, they encounter aliens with strange abilities, but they are explained as being genetic traits.

Watch the epidsodes with the Ori, there's a new-aginess to them. Best and scariest damn villians on TV. Right up there with the "parasitic" race covered in Stargate the movie. (but not the Goa'uld in the series, they were NEVER scary, neither were replicators, neither are the wraith)

In much of your research, as far as 'real' stargates go, there is much 'magic' and/or ritual involved. Is the USAF trying to distract us from the notion that they may have made a deal with 'the devil'?

I really doubt that. If there were any sort of nefarious spirituallity involved it wouldn't even be mentioned in the official uber-classified documents. Beyond the superficial election issues designed to sway voters, the government has no time for such things

Of course this could just be reflecting the belief system of the show's brilliant creators, which is what I'd rather the case be, but it seems strange in this day and age where shows featuring the 'paranormal' are more and more popular and numerous.

Do you guys know of any interviews or other sources where Wright & Cooper may have addressed this?

No way man, they respected the audience too damn much. Even the Ori plotline covered spirituality in a very scientific way. To simply add hocus pocus without at least some sort of tie in to pseudo-science would've lost the audience.

Also, the thread is about possible leaks getting to the show and/or movie. This is entirely possible. It would only take one writer.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

"Abydos" and "Goa'uld" were terms assigned to these things in the show. The planet and villian had NO NAMES in the movie.

Yes, I'm aware of this and even mention it in the thread here. The connection may have been superfiicial, but when the film was made, Devlin changed some of the data from the original screenplay, while he was rewriting it as his own. I assume the original screenplay and the necessary research to uphold it as believable scifi, may have included words like Abydos--Since it literally was the first city of dynastic Egypt (not to mention the linguistic connection to the Abzu).

It also gives it the slant that the gate was a time travelling device and that the original human crew that used the gate the first time, were in fact, masons from our time, who rescued the enslaved humans from the gods of (Abydos) Egypt. (in other words, it wasn't on another planet, but our own). In this sense, they represent luciferianism, bringing enlightenment to the leaders of the communities it encountered. A similar but opposite example being Moses and the gang, liberating the israelites from Pharaoh. Or modern day atheists, rescuing the enslaved populace from an alien species masquerading as our gods. It all kinda blends neatly into each other but the message is nearly identical.

Later in the tv show they call the planet abydos. it's entirely possible the first screenplay wasn't about a space travelling device, specifically, but a time travelling one and they literaly went back to Abydos, Egypt to find humans enslaved by this race of aliens just like the Devlin film does. something to think about.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
addendum to above post:

it's interesting that even though they knew they were going to a climate that was particularly dry and dusty, they still wore forest camoflage, giving them appearance of green lizard men, and the dark sunglasses gave them big dark eyes. sometimes, the answer is in the artwork.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Of course I think the constellation thing was absurb because visible constellations couldn't possible point to a star system at the edge of the known universe, and I also think there would be no way to track the probes aside from directly through the gate which tells them nothing of the actual location in the universe, but I digress.

the constellation is just a symbol, the actual physics would be mathematically based if it's a scientific device or spiritually based if it's a spiritual event.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

Thanks for all the info! Good post. I'll admit I'm pretty much a noob to the show(s), and that I wasn't such a fan of the movie. Purely for my own stupid reasons but I loved the premise and story. A trilogy would be pretty amazing but if they did it now, I would hope they would have a new set of characters altogether. Do you know anything about the story?

And as far as my far-out ideas about the 'purpose' of the show might be go, you'll only need to go back a few pages to see that most of the folks contributing to this thread are usually juggling several theories at a time about any bit of their research. My ideas are 'nebulous' at best, much less my 'beliefs'. I keep a strong toe-hold on Occam's Razor at all times, but gosh darn it this world is a crazy place and I love to speculate about what could be. And by that I mean, just what might be the way things really are.

I guess what I'm saying is, I wouldn't be one bit surprised about any particular degree of truth that may someday be revealed about what's in this thread. Or the movie/show, for that matter.

[Edit: Damn that was wordy. I really need to attach a breathalyzer to my keyboard.
]

[edit on 9/8/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Well, I haven't really watched the TV show either. I did see the movie in the theaters when it came out a long time ago. I recently rented one of the more recent stargate movies from Blockbuster about how they end up in an alternate timeline and have to figure out how to make things right again. Even I enjoyed it though. It was pretty good. Kind of creepy too. It was a pretty good introduction to the SG-1 cast too I thought. Dunno about the Atlantis show though.. Haven't seen it.

-ChriS

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

I thought Stargate: Continuum was awesome. It was like seeing my favorite ATS threads from the past 6 months in a movie!

Edit to add:

[oops I didn't realize this was so short. It's late. I tend to do the other thing (post long-winded novels).

I'll elaborate a bit. The thread Something has changed - Timeline? could be the backbone of the story. I mentioned before that the scenes of Ba'al's fleet amassing on the edge of the solar system just seemed to be visual representations of several threads here.

Yes this is in response to Weedwhacker's post below. To be fair, I don't think my post was that off-topic. A one-liner sure, but it's not like I was just saying "STARGATE IS WICKED COOL DUDE", I only responded to BlasteR's post because of how "synchronic" (is that a word?) SG:C seemed with what I've been reading here. Not just on this thread but all over ATS.]

[edit on 9/8/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

The fact that there's a television sci-fi program about Stargates leads me to believe they are real. Showing high tech equipment as sci-fi is a good way to hide it. It's as though there is no fiction to science fiction anymore.

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join