It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 130
<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating....I happen to very much enjoy the series.....yes, it has the typical TV science fiction 'shorthand'....such as, everyone speaks English, etc.

Star Trek tried to at least come up with the 'Universal Translator' to explain it away, but....it's TV, and they only have about 44 minutes out of the hour-long 'show'....means writing is tight, to tell the story.

BTW...'two' movies??? The TV series was spun off, I think, because of the big-budget movie that started it all. Hence, "Stargate-SG1" on TV.

It ran about ten seasons....but spun-off something called 'Stargate Atlantis'....that's a whole 'nother discussion!!!

AFTER SG-1 was 'wrapped', some straight to DVD 'continuation' episodes have emerged. "Stargate - The Ark of Truth" is on the shelf next to me, right now. "Stargate - Continuum" is next, according to the adverts.

Sorry, I went on a bit about it, a TV show....when, really, they write these shows and hope to make money on them, the actors are just happy to have a secure job, for a while....and, even some episodes poked a tongue in cheek at 'whether' it was really true, and they were found out....

...but, sometimes reality is stranger than fiction......

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
What the hell? I was taking my time posting a reply to Ivan Zana's post and in the mean time it was removed? I do not recall it being any more offensive that Undo's description of Crowley's 'Lam' drawing. Did he add something to make it worse before the mods cut it?

I agree. On the surface the post looked like a "yo momma" type of thing, and then the "V" word...

...but the context of the posting was not crude, nor do i feel it violated T and C.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Z, well then let's dial in the seven symbols, and crank up the stargate and go look!!!

Take me! Take me!

and...how far is Upsilon Andromadae??

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I´ll share something strange that happened to me in regards to the (admittedly fictitious) Television Series "Stargate" recently.

Now THAT is the most interesting thing I have read on ATS for some time... Mind if I use that?

You see here is MY story...

I was studying ancient astronauts years ago when von Danekin started.... then kinda went through a 'gotta keep mind on work' phase... I was an Apollo groupie (heavy on the WAS
) and Star Trek etc...

Then Stargate came along... and I watched with interest as it addressed a lot of the old research I had collected...

I went over to an Artist friend's (Fantasy art) house and we talked in general about ancients, aliens etc....

Her 12 year old daughter came bouncing down the stairs into the kitchen... rumaged around in the refrigerator and tossed out a comment...

"many kids at school think that stargate is them telling us what's really going on..." and off she went...

We just looked at each other... I went home that night and looked on line for any thing about that idea and found ATS... started my own thread on Stargates seeking any info... and after a few pages someone pointed me to Undo's thread...

The rest as they say is history...

But about half way back in the thread a really weird thing happened... a new member that had only a number as a nick name popped in and simply said...

"You may want to look at this...." He had never posted before nor since... what he linked to was this... (the documents... I have this on my site)

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Now many have over the course of this thread asked (demanded) proof that our government knows about this... but Undo will tell you how many times we have linked to this and no more that a few have looked at it...

One guy came back said "Yeah I read it... but could you point out the key points of interest?"

I think that was one of the few times I unsheathed my sword... :bash:

It has been said by many that "Its just fiction" but there are too many coincidences surrounding this show... like three government agencies involved and Richard being made an honorary Brigadier General by Space Command at a ceremony at the Pentagon... How often does THAT happen for 'Just a TV show' ?

Back in the day when rockets were invented three scientists came upon the thought to create a liquid fuel rocket... independently of each other... a Russian, a German, and an American... the designs were almost identical yet they had no contact at the time...

Those three countries became the major players in the space program

It is quite likely that if the writers do not actually get a script from the pentagon... that some power in the Universe is providing the data... whether you think that power is God, or the Akashic Record, or the Cosmic Force... it doesn't matter...

but SOMETHING is sending the signals... it is just a shame that so few can receive them.

Yet with Stargate it has reached many... my daughter says kids at high school are speaking of a Stargate religion

And the funniest thing is that the show did EXACTLY that run an episode that spoofed Stargate... called "wormhole Extreme"

Here is a section of the script

For our presentation the important part of the script is clipped below, right after General Hammond shows the team the episode...

Hammond switches the tape off.

DANIEL
Well that looked familiar.

O'NEILL
I don't see it.

CARTER
Martin's involved in this?

HAMMOND
He sold the idea to the studio. He's currently working on production as a creative consultant.

TEAL'C
Then Martin Lloyd has seriously breached your security.

HAMMOND
Not necessarily.

DANIEL
What? He obviously got the whole thing from his knowledge of the Stargate program.

O'NEILL
If the Air Force didn't want it to happen they wouldn't have let it go this far.

HAMMOND
Plausible deniability. In the event of a future breach of security, we'll be able to point to this television programme. That is, if it stays on the air.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wheedwhacker: It was not a comment on the TV-Series itself but on somehow being "led" to look into stargates more deeply.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Star Trek tried to at least come up with the 'Universal Translator' to explain it away, but....it's TV, and they only have about 44 minutes out of the hour-long 'show'....means writing is tight, to tell the story.

Also don't forget that TV technology wasn't the same in the 60's Our first look at Klingons they looked like us and spoke English... wasn't until the movie that we saw what they really looked like and spoke Klingonese

But its not the story on the surface that sends the 'message'... its whats between the lines and inferences that does that...

Also the 'message' is louder and clearer to those that have studied the Ancients... it is easier to wrap your mind around the concepts... but the fact that it is triggering the same reaction in many who have never looked at ancient history is the interesting point

And the fact that the idea came from a professor of archeology who told his ideas to a student, who then took it to the studio... is very interesting. Unfortunately for us we cannot talk to the prof, because as there was an out of court settlement there would be a gag order on that..

I would LOVE to talk to this prof 'off the record'

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for sharing that. That was good (The very first book as I read as a child happened to be a Daniken book).

Because of this recent experience I do feel some personal involvement and responsibility to research....like you do.

I am assuming we "got the message" and the message is: "Dig deeper".

I like that millions of schoolchildren are being acquainted with all of these ideas. Thats, at the least, evidence of some mass-shift in attitude towards these topics taking place.

I look forward to returning to this thread to support you guys.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

and...how far is Upsilon Andromadae??

Its in the neighbourhood... 50.5 light years... just around the corner

Here is an artist concept from Berkley

Here is a view of the region from Mt Palomar

As to the gate... Rumor has it that one is at Los Alamos... and now that Bob Lazar is back working there....

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I will second the comment....thanks for the sharing. It makes a lot of sense.

I'm slightly envious of you, now....

OK, shrugging it off.

ps....thanks for the info about Andromadae....I've seen some others use the term, and I keep thinking of the Andromeda Galaxy....and wondiering just HOW FAR can we travel? Over two million Light Years???

Good to know it's actually in our 'backyard'...so to speak.

50 LY....so they're just getting old Lucy episodes now???

kidding....

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

50 LY....so they're just getting old Lucy episodes now???
kidding....

Worse than that... they are just getting those old TV movies showing how we treat Aliens...
And even the early Star Trek still had the Earth Uber Alles theme

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

NOW, Z....don't bash Kirk and company so cavalierly!!

'classic' Trek first aired from Sept 1966...and lasted only three seasons.

1966 plus 50.5 = mid-year 2016....so, the Andromedans haven't seen it yet....unless they were HERE in 1966?!?!?!?

Oh no!! We're doomed!!!

Well....(fumbling around)....I have the Lucy episode, when she pretends to be a......oooopssss...a 'martian'.....oh no!!

Oh! I know...the Candy Factory....one of the best! Think it's called 'Lucy Gets a Job'....yeah, show them that one....(quivering in fear...)

Editing because....I have fallen, once again, afoul of the temptation to converse, on a forum board.....when it's best done in private.

My only excuse is....talking about movies, and TV, it went to my head. OK, I'm an entertainment junkie!

I'd love to see a real 'stargate'....or any real ET technology....assuming the stargates are ET in origin, and not human-built.

In fact, any chance to travel is something I'd jump at....even off-world.

[edit on 8/14/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Welcome, Skyfloating! Funny how long you've been on ATS and a moderator of this forum and you're just now coming around! My path here was similar - though it started before the movie. The movie was actually detrimental - I didn't like it so much. Something about those uncomfortably long sequences of Kurt Russell saluting his little buddy across the dunes in slow motion. And James Spader. I remember watching the first few episodes of SG-1, but at the time I wasn't into television at all, so I didn't watch regularly.

It wasn't until I started watching reruns of SG: Atlantis that I 'came aboard' as a fan. The whole package of the franchise appealed to me greatly though. When I was very young I was obsessed with drawing these scenes of 'intergalactic battles' taking place - UFOs engaged in dogfights with jet planes over a cross-section of the Gaza Strip, with tunnel-boring machines maneuvering through a maze of tunnels under the Sphinx and pyramids.

When I saw the SG movie, I was reminded of the biblical story of Nimrod, and came to my own conclusion that he wasn't trying to build a "tower to reach the heavens" as the version I was told stated literally. He was building a "stargate". I was pleased with myself for coming up with this on my own, but even moreso when I started doing research and found out that I hadn't come up with anything at all; it was a popular (if alternative) belief!

So - I had posed the question to Zorgon a few pages back, and I suppose he didn't respond simply because he's answered it over and over many times in so many words on this thread, but I wanted to know exactly what people here thought the "true purpose" of the SG franchise is.

SO... I'll put it out there again. Even though it's been discussed all throughout the thread, our ideas have proven to be nebulous at best, so - why does it exist?

I'll go first: My official, non-tin-foil-influenced answer is that it's speculative fiction based on Sitchin/Danikenesque interpretations of Sumerian and Egyptian texts. The USAF has taken the opportunity to become involved in a show that portrays their officers in a very noble and respectable light, which is great PR for recruiting.

Recently I thought of something more far-out though. I'm not saying I believe this, but it's based on things I've read by people who do believe that things work this way:

I was reading on ATS about people's beliefs - if widespread enough - becoming physical truths. It was in regards to demons, deities and monsters from mythology "becoming real" once enough people "believed" in them. Right. But what if that's all that is needed to power the "real" Stargate program? I know. Kooky, and not very scientific, but if the consensus of a universe's inhabitants can alter the very fabric of "reality" then people with money and power could manifest all kinds of wild stuff just by campaigning a concept. Just something to think about.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

Nice post. Thanks for the welcome.

Since Im watching several episodes on a daily basis now (2 seasons done, many more to go), Im very much "in tune" with the series and can confirm that I always come away as feeling proud of and positive towards the US-military.

So there´s certainly some subtle pro-pentagon brainwashing going on here. I havent decided whether thats something good or bad yet though.

As for your other idea:

I am 100% that, in order to perceive a reality, one must first know that it exists, believe that it exists, be aware of it.

So in other words, if I know nothing of "Reality X" and dont believe it is real, I cant perceive it.

One reason I am watching the entire series in such a short time frame is also to experiment with this idea you mention...to see which effects it has on my day to day perception and emotions.

One effect of my "total immersion" is that I dream of it at night.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Z,
Ah...I see.

"Now could you point me to that 'canopy' reference? I have been looking for that"

I believe it is Genesis 1:7 you might have to check a few different versions...can't wait to see what you come up with!

~J~

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jalana Dax
I believe it is Genesis 1:7 you might have to check a few different versions...can't wait to see what you come up with!

Yeah that has been my problem... the 'different' versions
and it does no good to use the old Hebrew translations when dealing with people who only use King James

So how many critters did Noah have to make space for on that 'boat'

I will look there and see what I find thanks

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Here is one example:

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

www.biblegateway.com...

I would point out that a few lines later it explicitely discusses the stars and the two great lights (Sun and Moon).

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

(142) elements that makeup life, the meaning of life.

7 the seventh level initiates. Are those headed elsewhere into the Universe at large.

At least seven different universes are within this Universe. There are forty two universes/6=

The 'Divine Atom' that makes up the SUN.

There are a total of sixteen suns out there for life. 7/7=1 7+7=14=5thlevel initiates.

Fourteen suns helped create life, sixteen suns total.1+6=7th level initiates.

the one holds everything together.

This equation deals with the heart and the head working in unison to become one hole being.

7th level+5thlevel =12=the black sun= 3 the mind body and spirit equation

The head and heart working together =BLACKHOLE.

3 galaxies makeup a kingdom of mankind.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by menguard]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
to answer your second question:

www.biblestudy.org...

How many animals did Noah's Ark carry?

Many writers on the subject of Noah's ark have different estimates for the amount of animals that the ark would have to carry. Doctors Morris and Whitcomb in their book, The Genesis Flood, estimate that approximately 35,000 animals were placed on board the ark. In another book written on the subject, Noah's Ark: A Feasibility Study, John Woodmorappe states that only about 2,000 animals would have to be on the ark. Being rather conservative he continues his study with the assumption that 16,000 animals could easily be cared for on the ark.

Let's be conservative and use the figure of 40,000 animals. This allows for extra animals to represent those that have gone extinct and those animals that have not been properly cataloged. This figure of 40,000 animals is 5,000 more than largest previously mentioned numbers. Based on our present understanding of the number of animals this figure should satisfy even the most skeptical.

Animal Space Calculations

Most animals are not very large. The average size of all animals, is the size of a sheep, some say a small rodent. One railroad stock car can carry about 240 sheep. This would mean that all 40,000 animals could fit in 167 railroad cars. The arks total capacity was 569 stock cars. The 40,000 animals would require less than 30% of the ark's space. In other words all the animals could fit on one of the ark's three decks. This would leave the other 70% of the ark's space for Noah's family, food, supplies, and baggage.

Many biologists state that the average size of most vertebrates is the size of a sheep. Other sources state that the average size is about the size of a small rabbit. Since there is some doubt as to what is the average size of the animals that were brought into the ark, and this paper is a conservative analysis of the carrying capacity of the ark, we will use the larger sheep average.We will also base our calculation on four different occupancy estimates. The first is my own conservative estimate of 40,000. The second is the estimate of Whitcomb at 35,000. The final two figures of 16,000 and 2,000 are based on the work of Woodmorappe. The 16,000 figure is based on the biblical kind being equivalent to the taxonomic rank of genus. The second figure of 2,000 is based on the biblical kind being equivalent to the taxonomic rank of family.

Based on railroad industry figures a railroad stockcar can hold 240 sheep and each stock car has a capacity of 2670 ft3. Therefore each sheep requires 11.125 ft3. Most authorities on rabbit husbandry give the dimensions for a rabbit hutch as 3.0 ft3per animal. If the average animal size is indeed the size of a small rabbit the calculations shown below could be reduced by a factor of three.

The following calculations show the amount of the ark space that would be required to carry the stated number of animals, based on the average size of a sheep.

40,000 animals x 11.125 ft3 = 445,000 ft3 OR 445,000 ft 3
1,518,750 ft3 × 100 = 29% of the Ark's capacity

35,000 animals x 11.125 ft3 = 389,375 ft3 OR 389,375 ft3
1,518,750 ft3 × 100 = 25% of the Ark's capacity

16,000 animals x 11.125 ft3 = 178,000 ft3 OR
(kind = genus taxon) 178,000 ft3
1,518,750 ft3 × 100 = 11.7% of the Ark's capacity

2,000 animals x 11.125 ft3 = 22,250 ft3 OR
(kind = family taxon) 22,250 ft3
1,518,750 ft3 × 100 = 1.4% of the Ark's capacity

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The arc is something known to distort time and space, a spacecraft would do this, you could have many animals in a quantum enviroment or metaphysical space.

So in the space of lets say twenty feet you could fit three hundred people.

Also cloning taking that cell from a nucleus might do the trick.

Beings thought of as lower intelligence might be thought as animals.

Also traveling from a (lower vibrational space) in time could mean changing your position out into space, going from lower intelligence animals to higher intelligent space beings.

If evolution is correct that would mean that we would contain information within our genetic coding that could be extracted for creating a seperate gene for each species of lifeforms existant within Earth.

You could manipulate the genetic coding especially if you are the one that created it.

now the science would rely in the manufacturing details.

Also taking the bodies of a lower species would mean you could upgrade their biology.

So animals act on instinct, so intuition is also part of that trait that makes up a animal.

-Remember for all everybody knows we are nothing more then some voices out in space talking back and forth to one another.-

Creating the world as we go.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have a think tank a few times a month where we discuss different theories & "out there" stuff. My brother and his girlfriend are part of it and they love SG-1 & Atlantis. For 2 yrs he kept telling me I would love it, b/c it touches on things I am interested in. Finally, I started watching it. I have now watched all 10 seasons of SG-1, 4 of Atlantis, w/a few of the current season and he was right, I thoroughly enjoyed it! What I loved was that in SG-1 the first few seasons touched on ancient mythology and how it could be misinterpreted. Then the writers are very good about incorporating all the latest and greatest scientific discoveries and making it very believable. (still would have liked Sam and Jack to hook up in their dimension) tisk tisk

Anyway, I was/am not really into Sci-Fi, but I love SG-1 b/c it is so much more than the typical. It touches on myths, histories, science, politics, & human origins in a very believable way.

top topics

<< 127  128  129    131  132  133 >>

join