It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargates are real

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by rich34

Undo what are your thoughts on Jesus Christ?

And to the above poster that used the scripture from gen. regarding "us" you should read about the Trinity instead of trying to come up with many different gods. John 1:1 comes to mind. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God" John 1:11 "and the Word became manifest and dwelt among them" The Word is Christ.

Jesus is my Savior. Thanks for quoting that verse, btw. John is a very good book.

Yes, He is mine too. John is a very good book and imo the first book that someone should read that is just now coming to know Christ.

Another comment on the "Us" reference. The Bible also uses this reference when God came down and confused the people by changing the languages at the tower of babel. Imo and probably your's it's the Godhead. The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

Well I know for certain the Angels were involved in the Tower of Babel because ... well have you read anything by Michael S. Heiser? He's got a great write up on the Divine Council. Here's another one that basically says the same thing (read this!!! honestly, trust me on this one!!!)
users.aristotle.net...

Ok, but if that's the case is there any difference between the words used in creation vs. the words used in the tower of babel in the original text? I guess I should say word "us."

[edit on 13-3-2006 by rich34]

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Undo what are your thoughts on Jesus Christ?

And to the above poster that used the scripture from gen. regarding "us" you should read about the Trinity instead of trying to come up with many different gods. John 1:1 comes to mind. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God" John 1:11 "and the Word became manifest and dwelt among them" The Word is Christ.

Jesus is my Savior. Thanks for quoting that verse, btw. John is a very good book.

Yes, He is mine too. John is a very good book and imo the first book that someone should read that is just now coming to know Christ.

Another comment on the "Us" reference. The Bible also uses this reference when God came down and confused the people by changing the languages at the tower of babel. Imo and probably your's it's the Godhead. The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

Well I know for certain the Angels were involved in the Tower of Babel because ... well have you read anything by Michael S. Heiser? He's got a great write up on the Divine Council. Here's another one that basically says the same thing (read this!!! honestly, trust me on this one!!!)
users.aristotle.net...

Ok, but if that's the case is there any difference between the words used in creation vs. the words used in the tower of babel in the original text? I guess I should say word "us."

[edit on 13-3-2006 by rich34]

Ok I just read more of that link you posted. So I assume you believe that in creation God was talking with the angels?

The guy has some interesting points, but I do not believe that we were created in the image of angels. Angels are described as having wings while God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit are not and neither do humans. That would be my main beef with that interpretation.

Just curious but what is your view of the Trinity?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Rich 34,

True. I think angels look like us though. The reference to wings is gotta be some kind of reference to their ability to seemingly fly or defy the laws of gravity, shall we say? My theory on that is, the fallen ones have to employ technology to do that, as do we usually, however, the holy angels seem to have a special control over the physical realm that doesn't require technology.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I thought the idea of angels having wings was a medieval concept?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Ark of the Covenant Description from Wikipedia:
two cherubim, with their faces turned toward one another (Leviticus 16:2; Num. 7:89). Their outspread wings over the top of the ark formed the throne of God, while the ark itself was his footstool (Ex. 25:10-22; 37:1-9). The Ark was deposited in the "Holy of Holies,"

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Ark of the Covenant Description from Wikipedia:
two cherubim, with their faces turned toward one another (Leviticus 16:2; Num. 7:89). Their outspread wings over the top of the ark formed the throne of God, while the ark itself was his footstool (Ex. 25:10-22; 37:1-9). The Ark was deposited in the "Holy of Holies,"

Kinda like an Egyptian Ark, no?

I'd wager that's where the idea for the archetype Angel comes from.... Since the Old Testament is largely based on earlier Egyptian and Babylonian creation myths.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What exactly is that? The Egyptians had an ark? That's news to me. And those are not myths, they are historical accounts. Understand that the ancient people were not idiots.

mod edit: removed quote of previous post.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yes it's an Egyptian Ark.

And I never said ancient people were idiots, nor do I think that - But lots of the stories in the Old Testament are re-jiggled versions of much older Egyptian myths.... Whether they're true or not, who could possibly say, but the Old Testament/Torah/Pentatetauch isn't an original collection of work....

mod edit: removed quote of previous post.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
1. What is so glorious to have a "stargate" in possesion?
2. Does anyone have any clue how to use it? or exactly what it does how to control it where it goes? etc...

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
VelvetSplash (cool handle, btw),

If you read the sumerian and akkadian cuneiform histories, I think you'll find that a great deal of the information in the Old Testament doesn't mimic Egypt, it parallels it. But since you mentioned it, can you provide a few examples of similarities between biblical texts and egyptian ones, for the readers of this thread?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think this is true, why do you think that the powers that be were always digging up stuff in Egypt and South America? I'm very sure they know the truth but they ain't telling any time soon. It would make sense though sine we are beyond light years away from other planets or worlds so it would kinda like a "worm hole" of sorts only it doesn't destroy matter.
who knows?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by havana
I think this is true, why do you think that the powers that be were always digging up stuff in Egypt and South America? I'm very sure they know the truth but they ain't telling any time soon. It would make sense though sine we are beyond light years away from other planets or worlds so it would kinda like a "worm hole" of sorts only it doesn't destroy matter.
who knows?

Yes, and how very restrictive they are on exploring any other possible explanations. I realize a bit of that has to do with human nature, but let's face it, our current civilizations already have alot of the knowledge the ancient "gods" displayed to the ancient people: air and space flight (see the bible, the histories of egypt, the hindu mahabarata and the sumerian cuneiforms), devices that could destroy entire cities (same references), various types of technology, creation of life, cloning, and so on. But to admit the current mainstream theories regarding the ancient histories are incorrect, would require alot of restructuring of history textbooks, science textbooks, archaeological books, theories about religion, theories about space, etc, etc, , and I think that's just not gonna happen. Can you imagine the uproar it would cause if they had to go back and fix just one thing, such as the egyptian timeline? For example:

The mainstream history timeline is based on egyptian hieroglyphics and egyptian archaeological relics. They keep running smack into a brick wall on many of their findings because their timeline is hosed. It's hosed because they refuse to accept any ancient history regarding ancient Egypt unless it doesn't mention supernatural events. And all or nearly all, the ancient texts mention supernatural events

An example is their decision to declare that Troy never existed because the ancient Greeks couldn't write, which turned out to be entirely untrue. Of course they could write. The historians never fixed it though!! As a result, the archaeologists kept that mussed up timeline even when the other texts had been proven to be more accurate than originally assumed. One of the original premises for not using the texts was "supernatural events". Now follow me here: The supernatural events were proven to be lies in their estimation because the ancient greeks couldn't write, also according to their estimation. However, it turned out the ancient greeks could write and that not only gave more validity to their texts, but to the supernatural events. At the time, the learning societies were detaching themselves from the Holy Roman Empire and its various teachings. Skepticism was the new paradigm shift of the educated elite. So the first thing to be eradicated from history textbooks were any ancient texts mentioning supernatural events, which included the classical greek histories, the biblical histories, and several others. All of the evidence to remove these things were based on their understanding of science and archaeology, which was very limited in comparision to today's understanding. Sadly, it's such a mess now, to change even one of the original false assumptions, would wreak havoc on mainstream history and the related textbooks.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bambam272
Pertaining to the Anunnaki and the Nephilim, does anyone remember the movie and tv series V?

I've thought the same thing but associated with Icke's theorys. I think the Annunaki or Elohim were Nordics. Everything from the hopi indians through Egypt and beyond describe them as tall blonde & blue eyed. Even Credo Mudwa and Ickes say this. I just don't know about the reptile part, cant seem to buy it. Anyway,I would love to DL your ebook Undo, is it complete yet?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
princeea,

Not yet, although the first two, free e-books are online and can be read now. Only two pages, the table of contents, the acknowledgements page, and introduction of the new book, are online. you can see the links, one for the 2 pages of the new book and the other for the two free e-books on page 4 of this thread, i believe. beer_guy posted them.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

princeea,

Not yet, although the first two, free e-books are online and can be read now.

Thanks, thats great! I would love to read more about this. Please let us know when the books are complete.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeea

princeea,

Not yet, although the first two, free e-books are online and can be read now.

Thanks, thats great! I would love to read more about this. Please let us know when the books are complete.

The two free e-books are complete. The third book is the incomplete one. It'll be bigger than the others, when and if I ever get around to finishing them.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i dont agree that it looks like a UFO/Saucer !
but i do agree it looks like a throne. i think thats interesting

other than that no complaints.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJ
i dont agree that it looks like a UFO/Saucer !
but i do agree it looks like a throne. i think thats interesting

other than that no complaints.

Well think of several concentric rings, one atop the other, gradually smaller. Say there are four or five of those rings, the bottom being the largest, the top containing a glowing observation dome where the operators of the UFO sit, like the bridge in Star Trek. From the side view, head on, it would appear like the picture I provided. Consider that the cuneiform texts say that it was made entirely of silver covered by gold, could float on the water, could hover in the air, the "walls gave advice" and it "roared." That's not a ziggurat.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
undo,

I've read most of the posts here so I obviously need to do more reading. But I was just wondering.....How does Greek and Roman mythology fit with your views on the Sumerian texts? Or are you not including Greco-Roman belief with your study of ancient civilizations?

By the way....very interesting topic.....

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mario88
undo,

I've read most of the posts here so I obviously need to do more reading. But I was just wondering.....How does Greek and Roman mythology fit with your views on the Sumerian texts? Or are you not including Greco-Roman belief with your study of ancient civilizations?

By the way....very interesting topic.....

It's all the same ancestoral memories. Apollyon is the name of the leader of the Bottomless Pit in Revelation 9, which just so happens to also mean Apollo. As a result, I'm guessing Enki was known also as Apollo.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join