It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we ready for full disclosure?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
IF we can go on 'normally' when NYC is used as a dumping ground for all the Anti-American sentiments of more than one type of religion and we are traumitized still to this day,are we that weak?
Then what is new? Nothing would make me happier than for Gort's to stand guard around thousands of craft when they land.
I say bring it on, as there cannot be more hate and violence among earthlings than there already is..
Someone on here said the suicide rate would be 2.5 million the first week.
I would shower all the ships and beings with flower petals.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The majority of people on this planet would have to be spoon fed disclosure a little at a time. The first little tidbits would have to be as pleasant and as non-threatening as possible. Maybe some proof that there is another intelligent species out there, just like us, far, far away. That should let people get used to the fact that we aren't alone, but also aren't feeling threatened at the same time about being invaded.

Eventually you can get around to the disclosure of Earth actually being visited. It wouldn't be so much of a shock. I just think that humanity, as a whole, needs to be waded into this kind of disclosure because a lot of people would freak out. Maybe I'm not giving humanity enough credit, but I think I'm actually giving humanity too much credit.

But really, unless the aliens are planning to live with us and join our societies, why would any government need to tell us about them to begin with? What would be the motivation for disclosure? "Because the people deserve to know the truth?" That's not a reason the government uses for anything. There would have to be a reason. I just don't see them creating a potential world-wide panic for no good reason.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Ok then...let's say that the visitors were to reveal themselves to the masses, out in the open, instead of relying on our government to relay the message. Say a 5,000 sq' craft lands on the whitehouse lawn next Thursday, there would obviously be no way to dispute that this happened as many thousands would see what is taking place. How would the government respond? Would there be complete lockdown? Would our military attempt to make contact and be diplomatic toward the visitors or would they fire first and ask questions later? Would this result in martial law taking effect? I believe that there would be wide spread looting, robbing, raping because many would see this as the end of the world, the whole dooms day scenario. I think saying that people would simply take an alien landing with a grain of salt is absurd, that would be giving way too much credit to humans in general. More than likely the whole world would erupt with fear and anarchy. I would like to believe that people would be open minded and welcome our new found neighbors with open arms, but that seems to be a pretty naive way to think. I don't know, Im ready..lol..bring it on. Beam me up Scotty.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If they were to land on the White house lawn it would create alot of tension or jealosy (for want of a better word) amongst countries and religions of the world. I do believe the major powers in the world have some knowledge/contact of ETs but how the aliens choose where to land and how to reveal themselves without upsetting or dividing the many different cultures, religions and their various representatives around the world, is part of the problem here I personally believe. If they were to land all over the globe at once it would create utter panic too. I believe the notion will be slowly introduced into the public arena, but there needs to be some sort of cooperation between the representatives of our planet before they will reveal themselves. A new world order!

[edit on 26-3-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Are we ready? I say the answer is no, many of us are at home sleeping and would want to see this event on the evening news. If one day we are watching our tv programs one evening and all of a sudden we see static followed by the same broadcast on all stations "ALERT! ALERT1, we are the BORG!, You're life as you knew it is over. Prepare for assimiliation", I think many people would just complain about this stupid sci fi show taking over the tv network. Many might even accuse a team of hackers. There could be a few riots in the Middle East but other than that, I think everyone would wait patiently with their shotgun or rifle by their side and be ready to greet our friendly neighbors from space.

Many people might be upset at disclosure as well if it interrupted their favorite tv show or sports broadcast. Perhaps if disclosure occurred while everyone was sleeping, no one would be upset. I really don't know what the big deal is though. The odds are literally astronomical that some other life form is out there somewhere. To think that out of all the billions of galaxies with each containing billions of stars that we are the only life in the entire universe, is a bit far fetched in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Xeros.....just have to say I love the Av. Borat is one of my personal heros..lol.

Here are a few of my favorite Borat quotes.

"In America, women can vote but horse cannot! It is the other way around in my country."

"I am very strong physique and I can hold a very large woman down for 3 hours...I am strong, I can throw rock at a gypsy from 15 metres. 10 metre if I am chained up."

* That singer before me. Who was it? It was very courageous of MTV to start the show with a genuine transvestite, he was very convincing. It was only his hands and his testi satchels that gave it away. - - following Madonna at MTV EMA awards

* Every Englishman must have a hobby. Some like to collect the stamp, some like to make the jam, but the most fun is to a kill a little animal with a shotgun or rip them up with wild dog.

sorry to get off topic..lol...but that guy cracks me up

MOD EDIT: Fixed tags, removed inappropiate comment.

[edit on 26-3-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
haha! good one blackops, here's a couple of more (ones I can post):-

Why don't you put wife in cage? They escape if you do not.

If you vote for him he will make sure you and your family have a good years. If you do not.... you will be sorry.

This one I have to pay money for, but she worth it! Wow wow wee waa!

I want to do a romance inside of you.

If you come back with me to my country, I will give you television and remote control.

"There is land of opportunities in US of A. For man, construction work, taxi driving and accountancy. For woman, prostitute."

Again - off topic sorry, but could'nt resist

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
OK, now we have had our little glimpse of Borat let's return to the thread topic.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
As Sanc said; don't divert from the topic like this. I am still on a thread derailment warpath and it might not be good to try it.

Thank you, next show's at 11; try the veal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join