It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Trillion Trillion Nanoscopic Cars Built

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Rice University chemists have built one trillion trillion cars on a molecular scale (must be opening up a car lot in China :lol
and hope that one day that these "little cars" will carve grooves in chips of silicon that will lead to even more powerful computers.

Here's the article.

The wheels are made of buckyballs and they're designing truck models to transport atoms and molecules.

25,000 of these little jokers would equal the thickness of a sheet of paper.

[edit on 5/3/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I would like to place my order for one of the new nanocars! Please, Mr. Chinese scientist, make mine a jet black BMW with a sunroof and with rims TODIEFOR !! Thanks in advance, and let me know how much it costs, ok?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Rice University chemists have built one trillion trillion cars on a molecular scale (must be opening up a car lot in China :lol
and hope that one day that these "little cars" will carve grooves in chips of silicon that will lead to even more powerful computers.

By "carve grooves" you mean Lithography I believe, and trust me, that is the smallest, tiniests, most insignificant part of the potential these things have. Molecular Manufacturing is what I'm talking about. Now all we need to figure out is a method of controlling them, individually; locating them, so we can transport stock molecular compounds to very specific locations. Better chip making methods is just the tip of the iceberg my friend.

new topics

join