It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is God???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 12:05 PM
link   
(Interesting stuff...)

www.love-god.com...

What Is God?

by Jed Shlackman, L.M.H.C., C.Ht.
What Is "God?" When people use the term "God" they are referring to their own concept of the Universal Creator. Many beliefs related to this concept are misleading and inaccurate. This commentary will try to describe what this Universal Creator actually is. The Universal Creative Consciousness is the source of all that exists. It's also infinite and timeless, although it can manifest and create realities that are seemingly finite and temporal. All things are an expression of this Universal Mind, and are constantly in the process of evolving and becoming. This "God" process is one of pure truth, balance, and awareness. When God fragments itself into restricted units of consciousness it creates the potential for darkness and things that impede love. The dark and the light are both aspects of the whole, and the full expression and experience of the infinite must include both polarities. These lead to separation from an awareness of the Source and the Unity of All in this Source. Spiritual energies such as the souls that incarnate as humans are experiencing these dark and light aspects as catalysts toward evolving awareness and consciousness.

"God" can be understood as a self-creating, self-regulating information matrix, which embodies the Unity of all things. "God" is neither just male or female, but an androgynous All-Parent that is never separate from its "children," as there is nothing created that isn't part of the Creator Process. There are many ways of expanding consciousness to increase attunement with this Universal Creative Consciousness, and no religion holds an only key to the "Spiritual Path" or "Way" toward God. Even science and artistic endeavors are potential ways of connecting with higher consciousness (which can also be viewed as connecting with one's higher self). There are many levels of Self/Consciousness, and they all fall along the continuum between God and Separation From Awareness Of God-Self.

Using analogies from science, "God" can be envisioned as infinite layers or fields of vibration. Just as one's thoughts are never static, God is never static but is always "vibrating" in the process of creation and becoming. At the higher realms of vibration, there is only energy in the form of consciousness and awareness. These vibrations of consciousness manifest and flow into denser forms of vibration that science thinks of as energy. Initially, these energy fields remain subtle and difficult to detect with physical senses and instruments. However, the subtle energy fields flow into denser energy fields that can be detected and manipulated in physical reality. We call these electromagnetic energy, sound waves, visible light, color, microwaves, radio waves, ultraviolet light, infrared, and other terms. These vibrational fields flow into and interact with even denser vibrational energies that we call physical matter. If one sufficiently accelerated the vibrational rate of any physical object, that object would disappear from physical perception, although it would still exist on a higher vibrational frequency and could rematerialize again when its vibrational rate is decelerated. This is the technology routinely used by extraterrestrial visitors to Earth. However, this can be done with the power of spiritual consciousness, which is the source of all matter and energy in the first place. Thus, these "aliens" are using physical technology to substitute for lack of spiritual/consciousness capability. Most of us on Earth haven't gained access to either the advanced physical technologies or spiritual capabilities.

Another useful analogy is that of water. Water exists as vapor in the atmosphere, and people take for granted the existence of water vapor in the air until the vapor begins to con-dense into water. Water in liquid form is fluid, and has many uses in biological and physical processes, although we normally take this for granted. Similarly, vibrational energy in the realm of electromagnetic fields and waves is useful but normally taken for granted. We don't think about how we receive our radio and television stations or our phone and Internet connections, and we accept that gravity is affecting us and that the sun's radiation will burn our skin. When water condenses even further it becomes solid ice, which is stable in form and can be held in your hand. Water vapor transformed to ice is like the materialization of spiritual energy! The unseen becoming visible is merely a matter of the density of energy and decrease in vibrational frequency.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 01:33 PM
link   
ill say this once if you trust me.

God created the world.

ok.

The world sinned and god brung in a saviour.

ok.

the saviour is jesus who worked miracled aand who the prophets before him
prophecied to come to earth.

ok.

jesus set up the perfect plan of salvation so that we would
all become his brothers and would all have the father as the father
and mary as our mother.

ok.

jesus set up a church.

ok.

"" thou art peter and upon this rock i will buil my church. i will
give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven ""

The keys are the sacraments.

ok.

So what church has the sacraments of jesus whom god created whom
created the church??

the roman catholic church.

You don't have to believe but im telling plain as day you will know this
is true when you die, god will then reveal it to you if you still don't believe.

this is the truth.

peace.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 02:36 PM
link   
"God created the world."

I have no problem with that.

"The world sinned and god brung in a saviour."

First, just by saying that I can see that you don't understand that text...

"the saviour is jesus who worked miracled aand who the prophets before him
prophecied to come to earth. "

In my opinion, Jesus was not a saviour but a master... He did say, according to the bible that we will do things equal or better than him...

"jesus set up a church."

Nope, he did not set up any church, that was done centuries after...

"You don't have to believe but im telling plain as day you will know this
is true when you die, god will then reveal it to you if you still don't believe."

Yeah whatever... You have no idea what I believe...

P.s: I was raised catholic...

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Now bandit, truth knows what he is talking about. God talks to him. If one doesn't believe me, read some earlier posts. Bandit, don't let truth get to you. His only ally was steward, who was his other name. He was his own best freind. Isn't that a song or something?

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ahum, yeah, I know... In his dreams God talks to him...

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 03:10 PM
link   
james you are a liar. I never said god talks to me.
he does not. does not.

I have had dreams of our lord and mary that proclaim to me whaat i might
have to go through and what i already believed in.

God does not talk to me through dreams bandit. man you guys just have this
ora of haarshness surrounding you and your post.

why?

lighten up.

If you believe in jesus you believe in his church.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You don't have to believe in any church if you believe in Jesus... Let's get that one straight...

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 06:15 PM
link   
JAMES THE LESSER

truth and I are not the same person, truth is roman catholic and I am penticostal. He lives in the USA and I live in the UK. I agree with truth on the basics of christianity but our doctrines will be quite different. But even then Im sure truth and I will not taunt each other.

Maybe you James the lesser and the bandit are having a game or a laugh between you both about truth, thats fine, but if we put in the effort we could all make ourselves more friendly towards all members not matter what they believe in

forgive me if i sound like a school teacher but i suppose we all have to get older.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Stewards,

Having what game??? I ain't doing that...

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well, so far steward and turth nevr on at same time. But one time, truth is on. He gets off. About 10-20 seconds later, steward gets on. And no, no game. I hate sports.

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Is it hard to believe that two loving creature could be on the
same website.

go ask simon to look up our ips. we are not the same people. I would never proclaim to
be anything but catholic james.

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2002 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Anyway, this is another part of that same website...

The mission of this site is to assist all seekers of wisdom and spiritual growth, by providing insights, commentary, and other resources about God (The Universal Consciousness/Awareness), Christ (a mytho-historical messenger/symbol of this Consciousness), spirituality, mysticism, and both basic and esoteric doctrines concerning the divine, humankind's relation to the divine, and the mysteries of creation (higher densities, dimensionality/frequencies). Information from a very wide variety of sources is considered in this endeavor. It is the author's contention that no earthly religious institution presents the complete, perfect truth about these matters, although many profound truths are presented among holy scriptures of varying religions, including Christianity, Judaism, Sufi Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Kabbalism, Gnosticism, New Age Spirituality, and ancient native and aboriginal spiritual religions/traditions all around the world. Unfortunately, time, chance, dark entities, and human vices have led to many distortions and misperceptions about spiritual reality, and sometimes a half-truth can be more dangerous than complete ignorance. Thus, there are valid criticisms of various religious traditions, leading some people to distrust and abandon faith and spirituality altogether. I encourage all people to seek truth, balance, awareness, one-ness, and compassion, rather than blind allegiance to traditions and earthly doctrines, which have so often led to enmity and injustice rather than "love" as prescribed by Jesus, the Christ, the symbolic character who said that all Law is summed up as what has become known as the "golden rule."

Comments on the "Law Of One"/"Golden Rule" from texts quoting a "Christ" character. (www.love-god.com...)

The "Jesus" stories are part of a tradition of mythological texts from around the world that encoded astronomical and astrological information in stories that contained spiritual, religious, and archetypal themes. The above stories contain some of the core spiritual truths contained within this tradition. The same themes and myths appear all over the world in ancient texts and traditions, as spiritual reality and astrological and occult realities were once well understood across the planet. The core spiritual knowledge has been corrupted, as secret societies and mystery schools have kept information about multidimensional reality to themselves, often using their knowledge and their deceptions to manipulate civilization for selfish purposes. The Piscean age of darkness and deception is coming to a close, and the light of Truth is gaining brightness upon the Earth. Those who choose to hold the Illumination of occult knowledge for themselves will face the consequences of their failure to align themselves with Universal Evolution & the path of spiritual growth.

Understanding and embodying these "commandments," i.e., spiritual principles, is an important step toward spiritual progress. Doing so will lead toward continued spiritual growth, and eventually the capability of entering/returning the higher densities to exist in greater unity with God/Creator and "ascended" beings/Higher Selves, in order to continue the process of co-creation on another level. This was part of the Christ's message, a message that complements, rather than contradicts other widely held spiritual doctrines. The Christ character encouraged everyone to recognize that we are all One (The Law Of One as referred to by Edgar Cayce & the Ra Material), and that our separateness is an illusion that we temporarily experience to provide challenges and catalysts for our spiritual development. The "Christ" character encouraged people to follow the "Way" or path that he, as the "Word" of God represents. It is pointless for his physical presence to be worshipped, as so many people mistakenly do. The existing Christ stories are quasi-historical mythology, in which stories of a few historical persons and myths about ET gods were combined with coded metaphysical and astronomical information to create a popular religion while imparting the more pertinent information in coded form to initiates of secret societies and mystery schools. Worshipping Jesus's suffering on the crucifix (an historically inaccurate story), is nothing more than mindless idolatry and self-disempowerment. The real "Way" to "salvation" (spiritual progress) is understanding and being in harmony with the Creator's spiritual laws, with the help of the Great Spirit Consciousness and other beneficent beings. There are many explanations of these Universal Laws, but they can be summed up as LOVE, which is the LIGHT of PURE, infinite consciousness/awareness. The Lord truly is One. All things are manifestations of this One universal consciousness/energy, and love for God ultimately includes love for one's self, neighbors, and all of creation. Beware blindly following "gurus" or higher dimensional & higher density entities, as they may include distortions in their messages, even though their teachings may be lofty and well-intentioned. Try to access your Higher Self, the aspect of your consciousness that is truly superconscious and aware of your soul's plans, memories, and place in the Matrix of universal consciousness.

Remember that the dimensions and existences mentioned here are for the purposes of this discussion equivalent to "thought-forms," as thought is the primordial form of energy that gives rise to all other manifestations of energy/reality. The concept of a holographic universe is also useful as an analogy, as the Universe does operate like an evolving holographic program, that would not be present if the Source ceased to project itself. We will always encounter the experiences that our soul recognizes as necessary for growth. No one can "give" you salvation, since you will obtain the existence you've earned or chosen from the view of your higher self. This is a built-in function of the "program." Let's take responsibility for our evolution!
Praise to the Great Spirit/Creator/I AM/Source/Is-ness/Universal Mind/Matrix/Supreme Be-ing!

[Edited on 23-10-2002 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Bump!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
"Conversations with God".....enjoyable read

regards
seekerof

new topics

top topics

join