It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life sentance for marijuana seeds?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
well regardless if one wants to smoke or chooses not to, (it should be a personal choice by the way) both canada and particularily the us must re-examine the way we enforce drug laws and major over hauls need to be made. i think we agree that the us war on drugs simply is not working and some people in canada want to get tougher on our laws too, but tougher is not working, we have to find an effective solution.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Remember kids, it's bad to do drugs, unless they are made by our good friends at Merck or Phizer. We all know they have our best interests at heart. So what if their drugs cause memory loss, rectal bleeding, explosive diahrea and will render you impotent. At least those allergies wont be acting up anymore.

You forgot anal leakage... That's the best one in my opinion!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
if u guy want more check out this month's cannibus culture

hehe article entitled :"Prince of Pot:BUSTED Emery seeds shuts down!"

[edit on 16-3-2006 by Lamagraa]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Do you think for a minute that cannabis is illegal because the government cares about our health and well being?

The reason cannabis is illegal is that the leaders of the ruling party came of age in a time when cannabis was associated with disrespect for authority. And that is the thing that frightens them most. If they could make rock music illegal, they would do that too.

Of course law enforcement likes to make pot busts because they are easy and because most arrestees don't have the protection that the hard drug dealers do. That way, they get to put on a show for the public, confiscate the possessions of the pot growers, and still collect payoffs from the mob.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Caradoc]

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Caradoc]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
the anti-pot laws in canada were put into affect a few years before the us banned it, but nt a single offence was ever recorded. soon as the us put their anti-pot laws into effect did anybody in canada get charged. im sick of reading about how we have to be governed by what the us says is right or wrong, about time more people took a stand!

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Viva le Revelucion!!!!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
wow, I am really exposing myself here....

Leaves contain very little THC, but there is some. Some pals and I used to take a kilo of leaf, an long afternoon, and a couple beers and we could make the best keef hash you have ever had...so yes, there is some thc. But, out of an entire ki we would only get a thumbnail sized nug.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by DaFunk13]

Completely true, stems, leaves, almost all parts of the plant (not sure about the roots and such) all contain trace ammounts of thc and everything (almost anyways) that cant be harvested as "bud" can be boiled down (Do your own research if you really wanna know... not telling HOW to, just that it IS done) with certains substances to produce a smokeable oil, and that Indeed has a concentrated ammount of thc. (Nowhere as tasty as a bud dube though).

Just my addition

P.S.

If the American Government wants to run our country (Canada), maybe they should be paying the canadian PEOPLE some tax for the use of our government as a punching bag AND we should be abled to vote (waste of time anyways) on american policies....

or alternitavly (my favorite)

Canada can tell the U.S. to shove their policies right back where they came from and the american govt should maybe worry about Their crime rates, homlessness, poverty, national debts and REAL problems in this world instead of bothering Mr. Joe smokin a dube or for that matter even growing his own PERSONAL stash. Its the Profiteers out there I think we should be after (which Marc Emery IS NOT, he DONATES his profits to the legalization of marijuana movement)

Just to clarify, Im not saying that the US is the ONLY country that should worry about real problems first, canada has those problems too, but untill everyone in our countrys has a job (or income of some kind) a roof over their head and some food why should we worry about people smokin some weed to beat the stresses that THE GOVERNMENT PUTS ON US THEMSELVES!!!

just my opinion.....
thanks!

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jta79
the american govt should maybe worry about Their crime rates, homlessness, poverty, national debts and REAL problems in this world instead of bothering Mr. Joe smokin a dube or for that matter even growing his own PERSONAL stash.

all those problems would disappear pretty quick if illegal drugs were taxed to the same extent as tobacco and alcohol, most criminality is funded by the sale of illegal drugs, from opium poppies funding terrorists in the ME to the guy running the crack den on the other side of town, all that would be wiped out overnight.

homelessness and poverty could be tackled by all those agents running around after the criminals and the extra tax could fund them. besides a multibillion dollar industry coming out of the black market would sort it out naturally, or at least help.

the rest of the tax could get rid of the debt's.

wanna know why it's illegal.......because people who take drugs tend not to vote, don't join political parties and apparantly never run for office. polititons, leaving all conspiracy aside, will only do what will get them re-elected, if you want to get pot legalised then make your voice heard politically, donate publicly to the legalisation lobby. if there is a sizable enough proportion of the voting public in support of these lobbys then polititions will take up that agenda, thats how the system works.

a lobby can garner support not only through money (like the pharma lobby) but through public support (the feminist lobby for instance).

writing to senators might work, but it means every pothead writing to their senator every week, lets face it, unlikely, whereas supporting lobby groups will allow them to influence specific senators in a much more focoused way.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Quote: "Why it is illegal

Do you think for a minute that cannabis is illegal because the government cares about our health and well being?

The reason cannabis is illegal is that the leaders of the ruling party came of age in a time when cannabis was associated with disrespect for authority. And that is the thing that frightens them most. If they could make rock music illegal, they would do that too."

BINGO!!! You hit the nail on the head! Also add that the Pharmaceutical Industry, Tobacco Industry & Alcohol Industry ALL have Lobbies! Maybe WE should have a Lobby as well!

[edit on 19-3-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   

polititons, leaving all conspiracy aside, will only do what will get them re-elected, if you want to get pot legalised then make your voice heard politically, donate publicly to the legalisation lobby. if there is a sizable enough proportion of the voting public in support of these lobbys then polititions will take up that agenda, thats how the system works.

So basically we need to raise enough money in order to BRIBE our elected politicians into introducing legislature that will allow us to do something that is already our god given right to do? Sounds about right. Give them the two things that the filthy buggers want the most, a dollar and a vote
Just crazy enough to work.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here's the thing: HE BROKE THE LAW. Whether or not any of you personally think pot should be legal, or not, the fact is, selling any portion of a pot plant, including seeds, which can be cultivated, is illegal in the U.S., and while Emory is a canadian citizen, he broke the law in the U.S., and should face justice.
Here's a concept that is totally forgotten in the U.S.: the law must be enforced. If you disagree with the law, work towards its change. However, most people don't. They just routinely break the law, and don't understand how doing so undermines society. One might say, "so I smoke a little pot," or "so I'm only 16 but I get wasted every weekend," and think it doesn't matter, that it only effects those two things. But that is wrong. It breeds a lack of respect for the law, which leads to other crimes, as well as a general breakdown in the structure of society. Law are made to govern society, to give it a cohesive structure. In the U.S., legal age citizens have the right to work towards a change in these laws. If you disagree, change the law, instead of breaking it. Be the solution, instead of the problem.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Was that a joke???

So you are saying we should play ball so long as we can't get the law books changed?

'Fraid Not!

I have spent my life trying to undermine the SYSTEM. If the system gave two schits about you pot wouldnt be illegal. They care about the money, both from pharma-corps and from textile/plastic industries.

But alas, I repeat myself. Read the last few pages of this thread and you will see why sitting around writing senators and marching around with Norml shirts has done squat in the last 30 years.

I agree with whats-his-name....Viva La Revolucion!!!

[edit on 20-3-2006 by DaFunk13] cause its pre-coffee...

[edit on 20-3-2006 by DaFunk13]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just floating an idea here. Maybe we could start an ATS Norml group? Probably wouldn't do much good anyways but... Probably couldn't hurt either. Of course we would have to get permission from the big wigs here.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by LostSailor]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I thought Norml was just a glorified, necklace making, peace pipe circle?

Hell, I am down for even that!

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Just floating an idea here. Maybe we could start an ATS Norml group? Probably wouldn't do much good anyways but... Probably couldn't hurt either. Of course we would have to get permission from the big wigs here.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by LostSailor]

Hey if we can get it up i'm in! ( I need a new necklace anyways...lmfao) Also a thought upon a thought ; what about an online petition or something to the liking?

And as for bowing down to mr lawmaker about these laws untill they are changed; Never!!!! because thats when the government will let us get it changed to the way we want it...: NEVER! (unless of course we come up with that bribe money....)

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet
If you disagree with the law, work towards its change. However, most people don't.

Ummm, Marc Emory's attempts to change laws is why the DEA is after him. He puts all his income back into the legalization fight.

Why do you think he (and his two co-workers) are the only seed sellers being charged?

Google online marijuana seed sales and see how many hits you get. Then think about how the DEA is only going after the political activist.

The DEA is not only meddling in Canadian affairs but is trying to arrest one of the biggest legalization activists around. But yeah, let's work within the system because that goes so darn well.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by Duzey]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
In my opinion it should be completely legal to at least grow 10-20 mature female plants, and an unlimited number of male plants.
10-20 should cover personal smoke supplies, this is a good thing because if those who smoke pot regularly, like me, would be able to grow our own which would have the positive effect of not needing to buy the stuff from a drug dealer.

But, you see our politicians go for the alarmist frightened old lady approach who's deathly afraid of those 'dopers, doping up' (an actual quote from my late grandmother) a ready supply of ILLEGAL drugs can only harm society. Unfortunately some of the biggest and influential mouthpieces are on the BIG scare bandwagon. Drugs cause violence etc. when the real truth is that because drugs are illegal, dealers must protect themselves against ripoffs and drug thefts because the law does not work for them, violence becomes the law, and it works, but take out the profit, let folks grow there own, take the profits out of it, and nobody wants to deal pot anymore, no longer profitable, it becomes something that friends GIVE to friends.

It all starts with YOU, teach people about it and the law, changing attitudes one old lady at a time is what it takes.
Most of the crap that people believe badly about pot was learned over many years by propagandists, it is our job to unlearn what they 'know', but look at oneself, how willing would you no longer believe what you believe now to be true?
That's our battle.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
After reading the last few replies, I think it's safe to say that this thread has outlived it's usefulness. It seems to just be degenerating into discussion on what part of the plant to use and "me too" remarks on smoking pot.

Terms and Conditions of Membership for the AboveTopSecret.com Message Board(s)

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join