It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life sentance for marijuana seeds?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
ERRR

This really does piss me off to the point where I just break something...but sense the only things around me belong to me..I might hold off on that

Something is definately wrong with the American Judicial system if a baby killer, a crack dealer, a dead beat dad and a molester get no more than 7 years in prison (less with good conduct...3-5) But some dude with pot leaves will probably get more than the lowlifes. It's pathetic.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Shadow,

Cocoa leaves do act as a stimulant when they are chewed, however, they are not immediatly harmful as is coc aine. It takes about a ton of cocoa leave to produce one kilo of coc aine. One cannot lump a raw substance in with it's processed counterpart. Cannabis cannot be compared to coc aine, nor can the cocoa leaf. The sad truth is that these plants, when left in their natural state (as God or nature or whomever intended) are far more useful than dangerous. In many native South American tribes the cocoa leaf was looked upon as a gift from the heavens and reserved for royalty. It was also used as we use caffeine today; To stay awake. You have to drink a lot of coffee to drop dead.

We are sold synthetics, plastic as I like to say, that are far more harmful than any of these NATURAL substances. Yet these synthetic drugs are perfectly legal and I can walk down the street and get them from my doctor or good ol' shoppers drugmart. I can't even turn on the TV without being urged to "ask my doctor" about some drug or another. My doctor can shove it. Your arthritis is acting up and I've got a bottle of vioxx and and a half-quarter of weed, which would you prefer? Synthetics have their place, as in "this guy will be dead in five minutes if we don't give him this needle", but natural substances are a far better alternative in most scenarios. The problem is, they are are free. Oh wait, why is that a problem again???

These laws have to change, we need to wake up and take the power back.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i read that in order to od on pot you need to smoke something like 1/10th of your body weight in less than a minute, which is physically impossible as you would die of smoke inhalation before the pot would kill you.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
I guess it is the call of demogracy, where 51% controls the other 49%. I guess over 50% percent of the population is still ignorant.

Don't bet on it. Given the opportunity to vote on it, I'd wager that well over 50% of the American public would vote to decriminalize pot and to do away with many of the pot laws now on the books.

Remember that several drugs that are now illegal, were once legal, such as coc aine. Coca Cola once contained coc aine; hence it's name. Here's the snopes page:
www.snopes.com... aine.asp

I'm for decriminalizing pot. Make ownership of a small amount a misdemeanor punishable by a small fine. No driving under the influence, either. And don't tell me that it doesn't affect reflexes or driving skills - I think that there are several out there that would admit to driving in the fast lane, doing 45 mph with your blinker on.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well folks, so far I see no opposition to this arguement, so why is this still law? Why dont us whiney Americans do something? Writing your gov't is a waste of time. Do you think your letter makes them as much money as the pharmaceutical and synthetics industry? Dupont, Phizor, these are the companies deciding what you can and can't put in your body. Capitalism is beginning to feel a little like domestic imperialism.

Laws like this dont make the problem go away, they only serve to lower the value of the life of the officers kicking your door down during the raid, or the cop searching your car on a wednesday afternoon. If forced to choose between life behind bars or cracking a few heads I think the choice will be obvious for most people.

Remember Big Bro, animals are never better off cornered.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well, that just means that we'll never get the chance to vote on it. They wouldn't give us that much power.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
there is NO THC in pot seeds. He will not go to jail for it. pot seeds are not a drug.

the gov can flex its muscles all it wants but he will get off.

[edit on 7-3-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WithinyouWithoutyou
Shadow,

Cocoa leaves do act as a stimulant when they are chewed, however, they are not immediatly harmful as is coc aine. It takes about a ton of cocoa leave to produce one kilo of coc aine.

I know but try growing the Coca seed in Canada and giving that arguement at your trial.

It wont matter if it was in its natural state or not

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
this gets to me...to no end!!!
Child rapists,baby killers all that can be set free!!!
The guy has some pot...seeds at that!
can go to jail for life!!!!??

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harvestfreak
If you want to do something, write to congress about this case against Mr. Emery, Saying that seeds contain no THC, but why is it illegal?

That is so worthless for many of us. My congressman happens to be Tom DeLay, and my senators are not much better, Miss Hutchinson especially.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Congress is full of crooks and sheisters. I would rather save the tree and skin a politician.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
[
I know but try growing the Coca seed in Canada and giving that arguement at your trial.

Correct me if I am wrong but is this not the same plant that "coffee" beans come from, meaning in Narnia I mean Canada you can not grow coffee or make chocolate ?

just curious.

my bad it is the Coffea plant that coffee and chocolate come from.

[edit on 7-3-2006 by robertfenix]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
cocoa/ coca/ coffee, all different plants

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I do not reccommend writing to congress about this issue if you have any illegal drugs or your urine is dirty. This would be the equivalent of painting a target on your back.

This is sad....
Too many people feel this way. I believe that's part of the problem. Not enough people wanting to stand up for their own rights or the rights of others.

I'm writing some letters, I don't care if it doesn't do any good, I gotta try.
I wish more people would....

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry, what's the difference between selling marijauna seeds, sunflower seeds, or apple seeds? They're all natural seeds that grow into plants. What people do with the plants is a different story (but should still be up to personal choice, not court rooms). And the US wants to try someone in another country?! for selling all natural seeds?!

I live in the US, and even I'm embarrased!

Should we also outlaw seeds for barley, wheat, etc. because people can make moonshine? THen we wouldn't be able to make bread (legally). All this war on drugs is such BS!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is just a political move for the DEA. The concern isn't his business but how much money he pours into the legalization movement in Canada and the US.

According to Karen Tandy, DEA:

Hundreds of thousands of dollars of Emery’s illicit profits are known to have been channeled to marijuana legalization groups active in the United States and Canada. Drug legalization lobbyists now have one less pot of money to rely on.

Statement from DEA Administrator Karen P. Tandy

This is politically motivated, and as such, we have the right to refuse extradition. I'm not sure if my country is going to cater to the US on this one. I would have said 'No' before the Conservatives were voted in, now I'm not so sure.

Emory has been poking Drug Czar John Walters in the eye with a sharp stick for some time now. The last time Walters gave a speech in Vancouver, Emory bought a table and he and his supporters yelled out 'liar, liar' every now and then.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The war against drugs, albeit a corrupt and vile program that does more harm than good, actually has many proponents who have their hearts and minds in the right place, they’re simply blind-sided by their faith in the gov’t…

At some level, almost any form of crime can be traced back to substance abuse…We’ll rule out serial killers here, b/c the same rules don’t apply – But first-time offenders have been statistically proven to trace back their actions to having that twelve pack five minutes before they did X, or smoking that blunt an hour before they did Y…

Does that justify our absurd judiciary system where a man could possibly get life-imprisonment for selling marijuana seeds online?! Hell no!

But you see the policy that drives the wheels here…You know the corrupt politicians who steer the ship…The end result is no surprise….

We can either be the ship they hit, and we’ll both sink together side-by-side…Or we can be the iceberg that remains afloat after the chaos…

Standing up for your rights and beliefs means more than just saying “I can do it b/c I know it doesn’t hurt me, screw what everyone else thinks” – That’s called irresponsibility and ignorance…

Besides, how much longer do you all really think that things will continue at the present rate? All civilizations have their hills and valleys….Soon, be it 20 or 100 years from now, I don’t think anyone’s going to be giving a damn if you decide to smoke/sell bud…Your life won’t rest in the ludicrousness of the law, but in your merits and fortitude…

This is just a ripple in the pond…That’s not optimism, that’s historical truth…

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Anyone know, officially, how long we've been fighting this good fight? Has any progress been made yet? Just curious is all.

Yeah... I am being very sarcastic here.

Careful with that pot... You may end up being kind to someone.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

from DaFunk13
Well folks, so far I see no opposition to this arguement, so why is this still law? Why dont us whiney Americans do something?

Well, there are at least ten states that have decriminalized pot, as of 5 years ago:

www.slate.com...
New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, a Republican, has sent to the state legislature a bill that would decriminalize possession of 1 ounce of marijuana. The New York Times reported today that 10 other states have already done that. Which states are they? And what does it mean to "decriminalize possession"?

The states are Alaska, California, Colorado, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Maine, Minnesota, Ohio, and Oregon. These state legislatures (except Alaska's) decriminalized marijuana possession in the 1970s. Oregon was the first, in 1973, following the recommendations of the Nixon administration's National Commission on Marijuana Use (also known as the Shafer Commission). Nebraska was the last, in 1979. Another state, Mississippi, decriminalized marijuana possession in the '70s but later recriminalized it as a misdemeanor offense.

I'm not sure how tolerant ATS is regarding the discussion of overturning drug laws; I'm not going to test them.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Alaska actually allows 4oz of weed possession in your own house without prosecution by the state. Of course, the Feds could come busting in.

The drug laws in this country are pretty, well, "F"ed up. I've always been for the legalization and taxation of marijuana like how Tobacco or Alcohol are now. Go down to the local 7/11 and pick up a pack of joints, and some of it'd go to taxes. But, I hope, when my generation (teenagers in high school right now) becomes the leaders of this country as the senators and what not, we'd remember some of our views on these things now.

www.norml.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join