It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me a few "reasons" why I should take David Icke seriously?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Would you be a fool to not believe David Icke and later find out he is right? No

I would rather not believe his wild claims that go without proof and find out he is right then to believe him and find out he is wrong. It just makes more sense.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by High Ryder]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
..so you'd prefer in other words, to put those blinkers on and close those eyes really tight and hope every night that what he is saying isn't true - for if it was - your world for sure would come crashing down around you!

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Well, your right if everything he has said is true my world is gonna come crashing down around me, but since I dont believe it Im not gonna be putting my blinkers on and closing my eyes tight at night. I would have to believe him to do that right? Well I don't so don't worry about me losing sleep.

If by chance Icke is right, I wont feel bad cuase it was pretty far out there and hard to believe with no proof. If Im right though and Icke is just full of it, well your left looking pretty stupid huh?

[edit on 11-3-2006 by High Ryder]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Now that is what i feel. How can you argue with that? Total common sense

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
well , I think you're gonna be in for a surprise.

tho you don't seem THAT concerned about it.

but WTF do I know ! lol

[edit on 11-3-2006 by toasted]

[edit on 11-3-2006 by toasted]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What is the point being so concerned when we dont know its TRUE.

I mean.. ok im concerned, but no i dont lose sleep over it worrying etc. thats just dumb.

Are you not worried in case the jesus story was true? apparently he came to save his people, not everybody
jews and gentiles? are you a jew?

If it is true, at least we wont be as suprised as we could have been without hearing of it.

All we can do is keep an open mind and stay awake. Thats all the point is to me,. waking to new levels of existence.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by syberkat]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merger
You are obviously misguided about what defines a 'Paranoid Schitzophrenic'...a total insult to those who have mental illnesses

Paranoid: being in fear that they are out to get you..... signs of Paranoia in David Icke? No, totally opposite, no fear, and no reason to believe 'they' are after him.... Conclusion - Paranoid? NO!

Schitzophrenic: The inability to take the focus off ONE side of the brain and inability to balance both left and right, ie, totally one side of the brain. either totally logical and egotistical, or totally creative and imaginative? Which sign does David posses.... umm...both? Creative of the mind, supportive of his supposed imagination of 'lizardmen'.... and analytical...... the fact that he discerns supposed truth from fiction..ie researcher... This indicates a TOTALLY balanced mind. Conclusion - Schitzophrenic? - NO!

Did you just look up those 2 separate words on dictionary.com or something?
Because when combined they describe a specific mental condition that Mr Icke suffers from. It was widely reported in the UK about 10 years ago when he lost it.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Labels labels...

ABC 123. Label this good stuff that so people dont like it, label this bad stuff that so they do like it... (tho its making them dumb as hell)

Thats mind control.. simple and effective.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Evilgus,

No i did not look up the words on dictionary.com

I know a fair bit about certain mental illnesses, and the cause of them as well, and how to mentally fix them without the use of medication.

Kind Regards
Merger

Originally posted by evilgus

Originally posted by Merger
You are obviously misguided about what defines a 'Paranoid Schitzophrenic'...a total insult to those who have mental illnesses

Paranoid: being in fear that they are out to get you..... signs of Paranoia in David Icke? No, totally opposite, no fear, and no reason to believe 'they' are after him.... Conclusion - Paranoid? NO!

Schitzophrenic: The inability to take the focus off ONE side of the brain and inability to balance both left and right, ie, totally one side of the brain. either totally logical and egotistical, or totally creative and imaginative? Which sign does David posses.... umm...both? Creative of the mind, supportive of his supposed imagination of 'lizardmen'.... and analytical...... the fact that he discerns supposed truth from fiction..ie researcher... This indicates a TOTALLY balanced mind. Conclusion - Schitzophrenic? - NO!

Did you just look up those 2 separate words on dictionary.com or something?
Because when combined they describe a specific mental condition that Mr Icke suffers from. It was widely reported in the UK about 10 years ago when he lost it.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon
I'll make you a deal. Take your polaroid out and get me a picture of gravity. And I'll get a picture of the reptilians for ya. Let me know of any developments on your end.

Haha, that's a good one mate, I know where you're coming from with that. Exactly true, reptilians do exist, and I do believe in the shapeshifting. but not physically. I believe that DEMONS are possessing the people. As you can not see them doing it because they are in a differeny demension. And so are the other reptilians. I had a wierd sleep paraylsis experience with these reptilians, and that's why I believe in what David Icke has to say.

Also because i haven't heard of reptilians, or David Icke at the time I was having my experience..O_O.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by syberkat
As usual everyone who claims they have seen one cant provide no proof, but i dont condemn it as a lie cause i myself have some freaky dreams, and those which i can tell arent normal dreams. Ive seen greys, beings of light, but no reptiles.

Only last week i dreampt of minotaurs! minotaurs for god sake, why!? i didnt see em on tv, didnt think of them, i just remember the minotaur... running along with loads of other beings or things...

Sorry i know this is off topic.. but that dude started it

Haha well first off, I'm not a dude, I'm a girl, that's ok, who would know? Anyways, a minotaur? That's cool...hmmm I haven't done much research on the minotaur, maybe it existed??? You never know..there are thousands of bipedal legends all around the world. Remember there was a legend of Hobbits? Well not anymore, there was one found in Indonesia. Did you hear about thart?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hey wolf

Sorry again for the christian comments. I do tend to spit before thinking.

Yeah, minotaurs
mental? i heard there was bones found once but i never researched it, didnt have an internet! But now i have il look into that, cheers.

By the way im interested in ur sleep paralasys? i used to get it too but its all gone. Thank god. lol

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think the point of what David Icke is saying is being lost because not many people are prepared to think outside of the norm.. due to fear of being label, and cannot get past the "reptilian" part of his belief system.

You don't have to believe in Reptilians or anything else he has to say ... but the majority of people quick to ridicule him without any research or independent thought. How many that have been quick to judge him have done any research into any part of his theories.
There are many things that cannot be explained in this universe, and yet so many ignorant people believe they have the answers, when in actual fact even the best scientist around the world are often perplexed on various topics from microbiology to why people stutter. That's just to begin with without starting on so many unexplain phenomenon of the "paranornal".
I think David Icke is asking people to be more tolarant, stop ridiculing each other and policing each others thoughts & beliefs etc.
He has a right to freedom of expression, and for those that what to label him anti-semetic should really be ashamed of themselves. There are people out there who promote hate crimes but David Icke isn't one of them (in actual fact he asking people to be more loving and accepting of each other, which cannot be a bad thing in this strange world of ours).

Give each other the freedom to express opinions without hostility and judgement.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganymede
First off, I'm a die-hard critical thinker/conspiracy thoerist
[edit on 5-3-2006 by ganymede]

I haven't read anything else, but that made my snort milk out of my nose. ROFL

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You guys are freaking ridiculous... If you take anything David Icke says as having "evidence", then you simply have no concept of the word or of the scientific method. "Critical thinker"? Hah... I know you guys feel lost in the big wide world out there, but grabbing for explanations from idiots like these will get you no where... Some of you say David Icke is right about religion... Tell me how he is different from the Pope... both of them try and convince you of an explanation of the world that they have "faith" in and lead you away from reality... a reality which does not include angels and gods, nor grays, reptilians and beings of energy.... Please... grow up.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I take David Ike seriously as seriously good entertainment.
Up there with John Leer and the Col.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I thought it was interesting how Icke constructed The Biggest Secret. First, he went to great lengths to demonstrate how religion is a set of incredible stories not intended to be taken literally, but instead to communicate great underlying truths. The he went about telling a number of incredible stories. I think it is possible that Icke is brilliant enough to have been attempting to communicate underlying truths through his own sort of parables. Reptilians destroying humans? No. Reptilian influence over human behavior leading to humans destroying themselves? Definitely.

Regardless, the guy has written things that opened my mind a bit more, and for that I am grateful.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I am not quite sure what to make of David Ike

- what he claims could be true
- what he says could be total rubbish
- Some of what he claims could be true and other parts not true

Why can I not decipher the truth of David Ikes claims? Because like the originator of this thread I am missing some basic "hard evidence" to hang it on... even though most of his claims are credible, some unlikely , and others quite likely.

For example we hear stories about the "bohemian grove", and did not know what to make of it, but Alex Jone's sneaked undercover video gave something tangible to believe that what he is saying is really going on - then I found that is backed up with written autobiographies of some attendees! We need similar tangible evidence for some of David Ikes stuff....

A collection of "Ike tangibles" would be of great help ! we could do with a library of legitimate tangible stuff on ATS – how about it ?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You take the Pope seriously but you wont take David Icke seriously.....SERIOUSLY?????? Interesting......INFIDELS!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

at some stage david has to factualy and conclusively 'prove his claims'. which he hasnt. it is not my job to disprove his (false) claims. ats gives credence to davids credability by giveing him space on ats. has ats ever challenged any of his claims ?

while i may see ats for what it is - a fun place for some 'tongue in cheek' mindless banter to brighten the day with a laugh - others see it as their lifeline truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join