It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of Children Sacrificed to Goddess

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Kali is also associate with Lilith. Some have said that Lilith is actually a classification of Succubus demon who steals the life of sleeping victims

www.penkatali.org...

www.lilithgallery.com...

sleep peralysis

theshadowlands.net...

Isis may also be another name for Kali and Lilth , not sure about this . Ill do some google snooping .

[edit on C:Sunocu10e10 by Opus]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
On that subject read this site

petragrail.tripod.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Uh-huh. I seem to remember in Sunday School that God provided a lamb instead.

Ah yes, sunday school. Nexus of truth.

From memory, and it may well not be Sunday School, the one who had a problem (in more ways than one) with child sacrifice was Jephtah(phth?!? anyone out there remember how to spell ancient Hebrew names?)

And while Sunday School was definitely where I first learned of Abraham, I have definitely read that passage of the bible again as a teenager and an adult, and it was definitely a lamb God provided. So, you may sneer at the messenger, but not the message.

As for Nexii of truth, as I said, they can't agree about the historical timeline of the Bible, so to call Akhenaton, father of Tutankhamun, Moses is a stretch and a half. Especially as while Akhenaton may, at first cursory glance, appear a nice fit for the Pharoah of Exodus, there are too many other inconsistencies.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

From memory, and it may well not be Sunday School, the one who had a problem (in more ways than one) with child sacrifice was Jephtah(phth?!? anyone out there remember how to spell ancient Hebrew names?)

Jephtha was a judge. The entire book of Judges is a story, and no historical evidence for the existence of anyone in that book has be found that I am aware of. It is simply part of the books which Moses is said to have written. So in fact I am saying that Akenaten wrote about Jephtha. The whole Moses text is an amalgam of the later reconstructive priests who worked for Josiah in 'finding' the law, i.e. writing it from old texts which were combined. There are six chief judges discussed in the book of Judges and Jephtha is one of them. Here's what wikipedia says about Jephtha:

The event has been the subject of many debates among readers. Some have argued that this was a practice of dedicating women to virginity, but it is likely that he really sacrificed her as an offering. Ancient Jewish writers interpreted it as a human sacrifice, as seen explicitly, for example, in the classical Pseudo-Philo, where the daughter sings a lament about her impending death and its necessity to fulfil Jephtha's vow. That Jephtha's daughter was indeed offered as a holocaust was also the common opinion amongst Fathers of the Christian Church since the Holy Spirit is said to be upon Jephtha when he made his vow. According to their interpretation Jephtha was foreshadowing the sacrifice of Jesus. Leviticus 27:16-29 is used in support of both positions. On one hand it can be argued that these items are destroyed, but the cited text also allows for ransoming and also mentions land which can not be destroyed and was traditionally turned over for temple use. Some Jewish sources claim that Jephtha may have expected an "unclean" animal such as a dog to greet him upon returning home. Alternatively, the main point of this story may be to instruct young girls as to how to behave should they ever be selected for service (verses 37-38). That is, it could be a normative tale.

Since the book of Judges is supposed to take place prior to the conquest of Canaan, then clearly this relates exactly to what I am saying, i.e. that Akenaten knew the neighboring midianites worshipped a volcano god and sacrificed their kids to it. Here we have a story which preserves for us, the silly behaviors of the priests of midian and Jethro's tribe, which Akenaten remolded into a more loving image, but which image did not hold. In a way, Jeptha's pain here is probably akin to Akenaten's pain at having to use these disobedient crazy tribalists as allies.

Remember of course that Hebrews are split into two groups, one representing the priestly class and the other representing the kingly class. Just like I was saying, and just as in Egypt during 18th dynasty, it was king versus priests and just like TODAY it remains king (people's image of Mohamed's mahdi or Jesus' return) versus priests (vatican sacrificing children to their predatory priests), The issue doesn't change, but the children are the central issue. How does the authority treat kids? By this standard is every authority judged.

If you will notice during Akenaten's reign, the art produced was profoundly family oriented and meant to display scenes of family love and close bonding. Akenaten tried hard to civilize the Javhists but was only moderately successful. Here we see the core of Akenaten and Nefertiti's family life and love for their daughters:

And here we see the very human royal family mouring the death of their second child, Meketaten. [From a rubbing of Amarna wall art]:

...So we can surely agree fully that:

1: the tribes north of egypt were killing their kids for their God, as in Jephtha's case, and
2: that Akenaten was far more enlightened.

And while Sunday School was definitely where I first learned of Abraham, I have definitely read that passage of the bible again as a teenager and an adult, and it was definitely a lamb God provided. So, you may sneer at the messenger, but not the message.

I don't sneer generally, but if I did it would be at people who protect their knowledge-structure rather than challenging it by searching for truth.

As for Nexii of truth, as I said, they can't agree about the historical timeline of the Bible, so to call Akhenaton, father of Tutankhamun, Moses is a stretch and a half. Especially as while Akhenaton may, at first cursory glance, appear a nice fit for the Pharoah of Exodus, there are too many other inconsistencies.

Feel free to name the inconsistencies if you wish, so I can shoot each of them down or provide an equally laughable account of what the Christian/Hebrew 'proof' is.

The point I am making is how blind Chrisitans are to history and how they make excuses for their own child-consuming God. Thanks for helping me make that point.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by smallpeeps]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Given that historians can't even agree on when (or if) the Bible stories take place in a historical context...

Understanding that your words refer to Moses...
Check out John Dominic Crossan. He's spent his entire life trying to decipher the historical/cultural truth of the Bible/Gospels. I don't know if he goes into Moses -- the one that I'm reading is about Jesus. However, his books are the ones to check out if you're truly interested in the best information regarding the historical/cultural 'truths' in the Bible.

And before this topic completely gives way to religious debate...
Would it be fair to generalize these particular people as extremists? My knowledge of Hinduism is still in its toddler state, and I've only read the 'Baghavad Gita', so I just simply don't know that much about Kali. Interesting facts were provided on the 1-2 pages of the thread, which I'm grateful for.

However, I'm curious: Seeing that each god-head/figure is simply a representation of the eternal Self, why would such practices be taking place? Not only are they messing up their own individual karma, aren't they also shorting someone else's chance at Atman Brahman? Isn't that negating any good fortune they'd encounter?
Besides that -- riches in this world?? They've got a religion based on enlightenment, renouncing selfish attachments to sense-objects in this world, and they're after money?? That doesn't add up... (...which simpy relates back to me not knowing much beyond the Gita.)

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Diseria]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan

Hey, is there a way I can force more people to open their minds? Oh, that's right, the Governments are already doing it by keeping all God's pesky advice, that leads to closed (to killing who you want to) minds, out of schools.

God might not be allowed in schools, but, at least on the college level, we are taught logic and critical thinking -- being able to look objectively at any given situation, and to sit and thoroughly ponder the possibilities and their consequences.

That in and of itself allows for an open mind, while still maintaining civility and mutual respect in society.

Problem is that a lot of people are selfish, whether they believe in God and his tenants, or not. And selfishness seems to be the true issue at hand -- wanting riches and wealth so bad that they are willing to set logic and their very humanity! aside for their own selfish purposes.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join