It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of Children Sacrificed to Goddess

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Its hard to believe that in this day and age this sort of thing is still going on. If you heard about a person or people mutilating a six month old child, or killing a 3 year old by cutting off their nose and ears and allowing them to bleed to death, in most countries this would be considered one of the most evil acts that can be conceived. And maybe the people who do these things, while uneducated and superstitious, really are evil. I think they are. But I wonder if they know they are.

observer.guardian.co.uk...

Police in Khurja say dozens of sacrifices have been made over the past six months. Last month, in a village near Barha, a woman hacked her neighbour's three-year-old to death after a tantrik promised unlimited riches. In another case, a couple desperate for a son had a six-year-old kidnapped and then, as the tantrik chanted mantras, mutilated the child. The woman completed the ritual by washing in the child's blood. I have heard of the Goddess Kali, but honestly only in the Indiana Jones movie "Temple of Doom".

observer.guardian.co.uk...

According to an unofficial tally by the local newspaper, there have been 28 human sacrifices in western Uttar Pradesh in the last four months. Four tantrik priests have been jailed and scores of others forced to flee.

The reason I decided to put this article in the Paranormal forum is because I am wondering what peoples thoughts are on the practice of human sacrifice. It is either a religious or a supernatural ceromony. As far as I can tell its something that has been done by cultures from all over the world at one point or another. Even the practice of animal sacrifice is still continuing. Is there anything to it? Or is it just superstition?

Whats up with that?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm very familiar with the goddess Kali and of Kali worshippers practices, however human sacrifices is not something usually associated with their worship, instead the blood sacrifices that are part of their rituals is usually from goats and chickens. Kali worship is equivalent imo to Haitian voodoo practice, it is the black magic of hinduism. In the caribbean, worship to Kali is associated with the practice of obeah.

Hindus are a funny bunch, many believe in destiny and things that are preordained, yet they perform rituals to various representations and manifestions of "god" to change and alter their destiny. Pujas or poojas is the ritual in which usually food, water, incense and other tokens, such as flowers and money are offered to gods and ancestors in hopes of securing better fortunes or changing a streak of bad luck. This Kali practice is based on the same principle except that Kali is much darker and a boon granted by Kali is usually looked at as an exceptional blessing of sorts. I find it hard to believe that while these practices are fairly common, these particular people in the article mentioned above, would involve innocent children in their rituals. I find it very disturbing that pandits/tantriks still have this power over people to make them do such horrible acts in the name of some god.

While I am proud to be a Hindu and practice my own simplified version of the religion without the rituals, I abhor the pandits/priests of my religion who are to blame for much of the social problems in the culture, such as women being subservient and the caste system.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thank you worldwatcher. You provide interesting insight into these practices. I know what you are saying about priests. Its interesting, it makes me wonder if they are brainwashed themselves or they are just cruel and sadistic people. When I was a child I went to a Catholic elementary school. I can tell alot of stories about those years. I was about 10 years old and I was talking to a kid next to me in class. The nun who was the teacher came up to me quietly, and slapped me across the face so hard I went flying out of my chair and just layed on the floor stunned senseless. She then came over to me, grabbed a handfull of my hair and dragged me across the floor to the door to the classroom and told me to stay in the hallway until she told me to come back in.

Of course it was a different world back then, you wouldnt dare tell your parents you had gotten into trouble at school because that usually meant you would get in trouble at home. Talk about brainwashing...

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I'm very familiar with the goddess Kali and of Kali worshippers practices, however human sacrifices is not something usually associated with their worship, instead the blood sacrifices that are part of their rituals is usually from goats and chickens. Kali worship is equivalent imo to Haitian voodoo practice, it is the black magic of hinduism. In the caribbean, worship to Kali is associated with the practice of obeah.

This matches what I know -- I should also add that the number of human sacrifices to Kali has diminished considerably (I have read that at one time it was also a form of political control... supposedly Kali would "mark" for death those who disagreed with some policy.)

"Muti" -- the African human sacrifices for power/money/magic are far more common than sacrifices to Kali.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Indonesia has semi-regular lynchings of "sorcerers" when one villager suffers a little bad luck and finds a convenient scapegoat, but they make sure they whip up some hysteria first.

Malaysia occasionally suffers the same problem.

There have been a few incidents reported in Cambodia recently as well.

It seems that these things occur most noticably in countries where the rule of law, and the bodies that enforce it, is not strong, or widely-respected. Because the police and judiciary are either weak or corrupt and not trusted, the people have no problem practicing their own brand of justice. People are beaten to death by mobs for things as small as purse-snatching or motorcycle theft. Most of them are classified as "suspected" theives.

So how are poor villagers going to feel when their cows die and someone tells them who is responsible? These guys are semi-literate at best, have minimal education and have NEVER been taught analytical observation skills. Plus they have virtually zero access to independent news media.

I would suggest that many of the culprits in India live in similar social circumstances. Superstition, for want of a "better" word, is deeply ingrained in these people.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Very interesting thread,

I wonder the same sometimes, But what scares me is that this is also possible happening nearer than we realise,

Only a few years ago here in London a little boys torso was found the the London Thames it has been linked to ritual killings, The little boy was thought to be south African,

link

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well, without going as "deep" as human sacrifices, let's think of how dogmatic beliefs can be dangerous, and easily controlled by the various leaders.

Personally, i think in EVERY belief you may find people ready to kill -or die- if their presumed leader tells them to do so.

But people can be "killed" in many other ways, often more painful than phisical death: let's think of several religious groups, where a person can be osthracised (sp?) and frown upon for just having expressed a different opinion or a mere doubt.

I remember during my elementary school, my teacher once blamed me (and menaced me to write a bad note on my diary) for having given credit to Dawrin's theory about evolution: man was created by God, so i didn't even have to think of Darwin's evolution.

People may be very dangerous (not necessarily evil, but dangerous), especially when they don't have much knowledge, and are taught to accept things "for faith".

Once more, i have to agree with ATS's motto: DENY IGNORANCE...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
So when something doesn't agree with your own morals and beliefs it is automaticall condemned as evil? I'm sure many do a lot of things that aren't "right" in the eye of the general public, but you rationalize it so that it is "right" in your mind.

I don't agree with what happened there, because it's not something I'd get involved with. Still it is what they believe in so who are we to say to stop it.

Indonesia has semi-regular lynchings of "sorcerers" when one villager suffers a little bad luck and finds a convenient scapegoat, but they make sure they whip up some hysteria first.

Sounds familiar to what the USA did for the past few decennia. Saying it applies to certain countries...well I agree there and see the similarities as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It is easy to use the basic understanding of a population to do your own will.I hate it when one person or a group has an opinionand through some sort of religious threat or promise are able to get others to carry out such drastic measures.

In my experience though it is hard to say.Just like everything that I have experienced people are slanted based upon their own views.Like in our scociety.We hear things like human sacrifice and go .Oh my god,They are so evil,then go and eat a chicken burrito,Which is made possible by the most part,from pretty much enslaving an entire species and then raising their young to our own purposes.

In many circles this act alone would reduce our worth in this world as obsolete.Not really giving thanks and have you seen the condidtions of most animals kept for slaughter?.Oh but for food purposes this is neccessary blah blah blah.

Anyway what I am saying is that many do not look at this life as being valuable in the grand scheme of things.This is a great topic on how different cultures really have a hard time understanding each other.Like how many people in this scociety think it is rediculous to worship a cow as some sort of higher being?Now how many do you think eat hamburger on a regular basis.These people probably don't even think about cows and how their lives are completely ruled by humans.As far as an entity or living being they are meaningless to us.Sorry I think i might be rambling here.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enyalius
So when something doesn't agree with your own morals and beliefs it is automaticall condemned as evil? I'm sure many do a lot of things that aren't "right" in the eye of the general public, but you rationalize it so that it is "right" in your mind.

I don't agree with what happened there, because it's not something I'd get involved with. Still it is what they believe in so who are we to say to stop it.

I used to live in central Australia, so I have a kind of sliding scale for these things. Large amounts of traditional tribal customs I am willing to respect, because who am I to condemn them.

But human sacrifice, of children who are not given, and cannot make an informed, choice in the matter...

That is evil.

Can you defend the actions of the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda? They say they are doing God's work.

zef

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Western society has just as much blood on her hands as these followers of Kali. We kill pre-born infants by literally dismembering them in the womb. Their screams are silent. Abortion is just about the most violent and mangled way you can be born.

Having had abortions and having assisted with them as a nurse, I think I know what I am talking about.

Abortion is just as evil as what these people are doing.

[edit on 9-3-2006 by zef]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

I used to live in central Australia, so I have a kind of sliding scale for these things. Large amounts of traditional tribal customs I am willing to respect, because who am I to condemn them.

But human sacrifice, of children who are not given, and cannot make an informed, choice in the matter...

That is evil.

Can you defend the actions of the Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda? They say they are doing God's work.

I can easily defend that. Each human being, society, has their own way of life and beliefs. They have their own set of morals. Thus they have their own truths. They believe that they are doing God's work and in their eyes that is right. there are people who think the same and will follow them, just as there are people who disagree and want nothing to do with it.

Seeing that good and evil/right and wrong is subjective to the individuals moral and belief system you can not call something EVIL just because you disagree with it because you don't share/have brought up with the same ideals. I can also easily defend HItler, Bush, Stalin in the same matter.

This doesn't mean I agree with what they do however and I will rebel when they go to far to gurantee my personal freedoms, I have free will and like to keep it that way. But it doesn't mean that people who do things different then you are automatically evil or wrong. They are just different then you are and what you are used to.

Everyone can find reasons to rationalize or justify that it is right what they are doing. But that doesn't mean that another individual won't have same amount of reasons to justifiy that you are not right. I only took the biggest excamples in history of people that are considered evil by the majority (although some in that list lack intelligence). This applies in every day life...it is all build upon opinions. Things are considered Right or Wrong because the majority of said grouping has similar ideals/morals. Doesn't mean that everyone does, only the majority.

Dichotomy of the duality right and wrong isn't textbook philosophy but is applicable in daily life. But so many people can't see that yet which causes unnecesary conflicts. Just like abortion being good or evil is just an opinion based upon personal beliefs as well. Two sides claiming that their opinion is the true-wayism and neither side even thinking about giving in and you see how far both sides go to convince the other is wrong. Same in politics with a lot of mudslinging to debunk the opposition. Or fights at schoolyards.

[edit on 10-3-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Sad and bad news folks, human sacrifice is practiced by educated westerners who choose these "faiths" and their spin-offs, and not surprisingly like to attack and even sue Christians who try to warn of it.

Now if this thread was about some nutjob who claimed to be Christian, you would have seen a load of posts condemning the whole, actual, faith instead of calls to "accept" it cultural and NOT evil.

Anti-Christians love to dredge up evil practices of people who followed 'mans doctrines' but call it Christian, though mention, what can only be called evil practices, of Eastern, or any other faiths (that 'New Agers' are spreading around the world) and all sorts of nasty, "politically incorrect" lables are nailed onto you.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
New-Agers spread nothing across the world which wasn't already there. They copy (steal) and adept things to their own system with vague terminology which can be easily replaced for simpeler, more down to earth, terminology by people who actually understand what they are talking about.

New-Age is nothing more then a spin-off from the occult and took a lot of "teachings" from Eastern Tantrism (chakra's and meditations), Western Humanitarism (the fluffy bunny view on the world) combined with esoterical practices that were formerly studied by the occult (Tarot, working with entities, scrying, working with candles, herbs etc). They are an ignorant and hypocritical bunch who think they invented the wheel or something. Most suffer from the "messiah"-complex thinking that they are so special and have to fulfill some world changing role. People who think they are intersteller ambassadors of Earth or some odd claims or claim to know things that they don't. While in fact everything is a lot simpeler then people think. It is so simple that people can't even see it :O

I find New-Agers stealing, immoral, unethical low-lifes and charlatans, but that is my opinion

In my eyes they are bad folks who don't have a clue what they are doing.
Similar to my view upon most Organised Religions, still that doesn't make them Evil. I just disagree with how they do things, especially the way the followers choose to selectively live up to what they choose to live by.

[edit on 10-3-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I can easily defend that. Each human being, society, has their own way of life and beliefs. They have their own set of morals. Thus they have their own truths.

You don't know who the LRA are, do you? Or what their methodology is, or who makes up their numbers, do you? Do you know where Uganda is?

[edit on 10-3-2006 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Consider also that there used to be a cult in india called the Thuggi, who were something like ritualistic bandits and assasins. Also consider that suttee was practiced in india until the colonial period, wherein a good wife would throw herself on her deceased husband's funeral pyre. Human sacrifice and death is a very common thing, heck, its the bedrock of the christian faith, insofar as Abraham was so devout that he was completly willing to kill his own sonsimply because god told him too.

It does bring up a certian question of, is this just the act of a psycopathic or delusional personality. Is andrea yates a modern day Abraham, for example. But usually we do make exceptions for these sort of religious idea, (and also most cultures, even ones that don't have a science of psychology, tho india certainly does) can still distinguish between 'crazy people' and those in religious excstasy.

In the old vedic religions, aparently, the sacrifices offered to the gods were done to help them in their tasks, ie you'd light a fire at sunrise to help the sun god fight off its enemies and rise into the sky. Certainly, a 'good' thing, if you accept its true. I suppose it isn't too long before you start rationalizing human sacrifices as a really powerful and helpful sacrifice.

Why uttar pradesh, I wonder???

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   

You don't know who the LRA are, do you? Or what their methodology is, or who makes up their numbers, do you? Do you know where Uganda is?

[edit on 10-3-2006 by HowlrunnerIV]

Unfortunately for you I have an family member who came from that area. Well he isn't a blood relative, but married into our family. And I've met someone on the dutch forums, whome I befriended in real life as well, and she goes to those parts often as well to visit her "family" there. So yes I do know.

People make way to much assumptions.

But you are missing the entire point which I'm trying to make. People are to focussed on what is right and what not while it doesn't even excist anywhere except in your own mind.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

People are to focussed on what is right and what not while it doesn't even excist anywhere except in your own mind.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Enyalius]

I know people in the real world, who make the same argument you are here.

They are the most evil peole I know.

According to you, I'm not "wrong" in believing this about them, or you.

According to you, I wouldn't be "wrong" in making it a mission to rid the world of people like you.

According to alot of other people, the problem with my Christian faith is that it won't allow me hunt down and rid the world of people like you.

But I'd rather be "right" with God than people like you or those who think God can't "do justice right".

There is no evil the human mind hasn't thought, done and justified and the more the world worships the human mind above God's mind, the more of these evils are perpetuated.

That you "care" to "justify" the torture death of a 3 year old, for "unlimited riches", makes you, in my lifes experience, "wrong" and "evil". Thank you for giving me the "right" to share this deeply held belief.

I'm sure anyone would agree that whether 'right' or 'wrong', it would be alot "smatter" to choose to live in a community full of people who "instinctivly" nursed small, injured animals as children, than those who got off on torturing them, as most folk "instinctivly" know there is something "wrong" with those who lack "natural compassion".

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It's all subjective. Right and Wrong is nothing more then an opinion and opinions mean nothing except to the person who has them. Some people know how to handle this and others don't, a lot of people let this freedom go to their head and get an ego while others (like me) can stay in control of it. People around the globe justify everything in daily life from the smallest things just to be "right". Just like you are making stuff up to justify your own reasoning. But do I say that your views are right or wrong? Nope I don't, but the principles behind your reasoning are flawed.

As for your "excample", trying to get personal or are you truly this misguided? You don't know what my personal beliefs are nor do you know what I view as "right" and "wrong" yet you're able to cast judgement about me? I belief that God said "Don't judge unless ye want to be judged yourself" or are you one of those christians that selectively chooses which teachings to follow and which not? People just ARE and untill you form an opinion about them (cast judgement) you automatically catagorise them as you see fit according to your own ideals/morals and beliefs.

And there are no God or Man's mind. God is all, both light and dark. He encompasses both mandmade concept of God as well as manmade concept of Satan. The true God is the ALL and made everything in it's own image, not a physical one but it's energetical one. The planets, stars, grass, seas, animals and people are all GOD. WE are GODS ourselves and our mind is equal to that of God because God is everything including us. Man are all connected yet individuals.

According to alot of other people, the problem with my Christian faith is that it won't allow me hunt down and rid the world of people like you.

Sure you can, many have done so before you.

Or do you choose to forget the past of your belief system?

If you can justify a reason in your mind to do what you want to do then be my guest. But when you try to "kill" me I have the free will to counter you and rebel. Just like the hippies rebelled against governments because they didn't agree with what the governments deemed "Right".

Oh well forget it this feels more and more as a waste of time. You'll figure it out when you're in between lives and actually see it for yourself.

Perhaps the discussion here will give you the needed insight

[edit on 12-3-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In the universe, there is no right or wrong... What you see as aliens who try invade our planet, does not respond as an evil act to them.

Have you seen "War of the Worlds"? I bet you have, and by that you would say: "OMFG THOSE ALIENS ARE EVIL!", well.. They dug machines into our world as a backup in case their own world ran dry of food (which is blood).
How can that be evil? The aliens are as in much right as we are to have food, and they will of course fight for all lengths to achieve it.

So, can you honestly say that WE are not evil? Of course we aren't in our own minds, but when all comes to all... We toke over a planet, defiled it with our toxins, ate and extincted many animal species but we still see ourselfs as being the "rightous of the universe". The animals however, see us as evil, we toke their planet and put them into contained flocks... Then ate them.

But I guess you're all vegtable eaters (although that extremely unhealth)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join