It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians and Muslims so similar - why so much hate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The Koran and the Bible are so similar, it blows my mind why the two religions appear so different on the surface. The Koran even mentions Jesus and Mary.

Muslims do believe that Isa (A.S.) was sent down as a Prophet of Allah (God), but he (Jesus) is not God or Lord, nor the son of God. Muslims do not believe that Isa (A.S.), also known as Jesus by Christians and others, is dead or was ever crucified. We believe that he was raised to heaven and is there, and will descend at the appointed time, end all wars, and bring peace to the world. Like Jesus (A.S.), Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is also a Prophet and Messenger. Muhammed (P.B.U.H.) is the last Prophet, though, and there is none after him. Hence, Islam is the last religion, complete, with the Holy Qur'an as the unchanged and perfect word of God for over 1400 years, as God promised to preserve it till the last day for all of humankind, unlike sacred texts of other religions which have mulitple versions and are "revised" periodically. God, or Allah in Arabic, is Divine and Supreme Being and Creator.

source: www.islam.tc...

So, Muslims believe in Jesus, but do not believe he was the son of God. They do believe he will return and bring peace to the world. Jews also believe something similar - that Jesus has never shown himself, but will in the future and also bring peace to the world.

Then why so much hate? Christians used to try and convert people in the past and kill them if they refused (how nice). Some Christians are still out trying to convert the masses to what they consider to be "the true religion."

Muslims are (and have been for a long time) killing people in the name of Allah (the same God as the Christians, just a different name - hey, they speak a different language).

Jews, Christians and Muslims all hate each other.....why? They all have the same God. There is only one. God I'm sure must wonder sometimes if us humans are ever going to get it right. The answer of course is NO!

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
christianity accepts that it is the only religion that is right

islam says that all monotheistic religions are right

understand the difference that causes the conflict?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Muslims are (and have been for a long time) killing people in the name of Allah (the same God as the Christians, just a different name - hey, they speak a different language).

Christians and Muslims all hate each other.....why? They all have the same God.

The muslim god and the Christian God are not one and the same. How can 2 different religions who have the same god be so different in they're views. Surely it is a question of interpretation but with the 2 factions having such contrasting beliefs,they cannot (through prayer) be being sent different messages hence 2 different entities.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think Excitable_Boy was trying to make a point that 3 of the world's major religions have many things in common. I tend to agree that when we all pass and reach heaven or paradise whatever you want to call it we will find that we are all in the same place and just took different paths to get there.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
I think Excitable_Boy was trying to make a point that 3 of the world's major religions have many things in common. I tend to agree that when we all pass and reach heaven or paradise whatever you want to call it we will find that we are all in the same place and just took different paths to get there.

Therefore there would be no point in religeon (as I'm sure you are going to say.)

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

Originally posted by gallopinghordes

Therefore there would be no point in religeon (as I'm sure you are going to say.)
Not so, I happen to be Roman Catholic but you can believe any way you want. I'm not going to try and tell you how to believe or what; that is your choice. What I said was that there are similiarities in 3 of the world's major religions and perhaps instead of trying to kill each other or change how another thinks we should instead focus on what we have in common and respect each other's differences and right to believe as they wish. Does this clarify my opinion?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
W/O going into a full blown religeous debate about this (w/o attacking your personal beliefs) If you were a true roman catholic/christian you would know there is only one true way to god, not 3,though I know this is an outdated opinion in these modern times.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
While I could say if you were a true Christian you would show more tolerance that seems oh I don't know rude. So since I do try to be a good Catholic I will pray for you instead. God Bless and have a great day.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I do not mean to seem so rude but if you feel that way then I shall pray for you,true christians believe in not forcing opinions on others but that does not mean being steamrolled by this new way of thinking.(Feel free to quote)

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

There is no need for religion. There is only need for faith. Relgions try to tell their people what to thkn, what to do, etc...bascially trying to brain wash their people. Also, with religion come corruption.

Galloping Hordes is right....we ar all going to end up in the same place, we just choose different paths while on Earth. So, we should all understand that and get along. Killing for the sake of relgion is disgusting and God agrees!

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
The muslim god and the Christian God are not one and the same. How can 2 different religions who have the same god be so different in they're views.

A basic premise of christianity is that 'god' is the god of the old testament.

If you were a true roman catholic/christian you would know there is only one true way to god, not 3,

The Roman Church is part of the ecumenical movement, and the office of the papacy has recognized that there are multiple ways to salvation, noting that non-catholics and jews don't go to hell.

Christianity and Islam tend to not get along more so because of history than the religions themselves. Islam is no more incompatible with christianity than judaism is with christianity, in terms of theology. Its the context that exists because of the way history has played out that tends to be problems. However, at times in the past, there wasn't much of a division between christianity and islam. During the rise of the ottoman empire, the orthodox chrisians in eastern europe welcomed the rule of the ottomans over the RCC and the Venetian empire, for example.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The muslim god and the Christian God are not one and the same.

So you believe there is more than one God? Like each one is a regional manager or something? The God is the same, though the names may be different....as well as the stories on how the world was created and why.

Same God. There is only one!

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Man Nygdan, I have been seeing a lot of this Ottoman empire topic lately. I figure I would pass along a good reading on the Muslim and Ottoman empire within context of Biblical prophecy; Take it for what it is worth.

www.sabbathkeeper10.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Kuhl nobody is steamrolling you or trying to force opinions on you, please feel free to have your own opinions all you want but don't put words in my mouth as you appeared to try. Excitable boy could you please repeat the GH is right I'm the Mom of a teenager I don't hear that very often. Also Kuhl I've studied the Muslim faith and it really isn't totally different from Christianity. Excitable Boy is right faith is the key.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hmm good point here. Is it possible that somebody is behind the curtain and orchestrating this whole thing? Somebody that is different and not a part of these two groups? Could it be somebody that doesn't like either of them and wants to see them go at each other's throats and then sit back and laugh. Then pick up what is left and increase their power. Is it possible.. yeah but who would do this?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

The muslim god and the Christian God are not one and the same.

So you believe there is more than one God? Like each one is a regional manager or something? The God is the same, though the names may be different....as well as the stories on how the world was created and why.

Same God. There is only one!

People say that to discredit Islam. Its just typical BS. People are afraid of the growth of Islam so they say crazy statements like that guy's. If it wasnt the same guy then Islam wouldnt share the same characthers and they wouldnt even have mentioned Jesus as the Messiah at all. Some people on here just dont use their brains, they live off bias.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Excitable Boy is right faith is the key.

Amen to that! Faith - don't cloud it with religion! Toast your fellow earthlings.....don't kill them!

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i do think that islamic religion is very close to judaism and christianity. it even agress that "jews were chosen people", and one day they will live in peace with muslims.

christians are also called "people of the book". muslim holy book mentions jesus in highly respectable terms. it also talks about the virgin birth of jesus, and his second coming, when he is to rule the earth. it also praises Moses, David and Solomon, Abraham and all the rest of the cool dudes in the bible.

i think hatred stems from a few elements within the muslim community who are hell bent on making sure jews muslims and christians do not get along.

i hope they will realise their error and return to love and harmony between us all. neo-cons in DC are not helping either.

muslim sometmes fail to live up to the standards of their faith, just as christians also sometimes fail to live up to theirs. no one is perfect except Jesus. we all make mistakes and commit sins.

[edit on 30-3-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Okay. Yaweh (english) is not Allah.

Jesus to Islam is a prophet like Moses and Mohamed, just lesser since he is not the last for Islam.

Islam does not believe in the Trinity of Father, son and Holy Spirit of which Jesus extorted to his disciples.

Allah does not bring salvation. Only mercy to those who strictly follow his precepts like five prayers to Mecca each day, the multiple strictures against defilement as in bathroom habits i.e., prayer upon entering/leaving a bathroom, not letting urine or feces touch ones person et al. Jesus only asks us to follow and accept him. No one will be beat to death like the guy in Afghanastan for not accepting Jesus............................. think about that and ask yourself what God would command his followers to murder a person who does not wish to believe in HIM????????

There is no salvation in Islam. No hope other than blind obedience to the Koran, a book truly written by men based on the oral history passed down from Mohamed years later. Fear is the basis of Islam. War is the legacy of Islam.....

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Okay. Yaweh (english) is not Allah.

Allah is the ancient moon god.

<<   2 >>

join