It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Changes to ATS (Almost Version 5.0)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Dear Administrator,

I do not think it is such a big deal for you to keep the "domain home page" up and running, for those of us that like it. I am ok with changing the first page from the domain home page to the forum topics, due to most users clicking the first page to get there, but why shut out a significant minority? technology enables, and gives room for choice; one shoe does not fit all feet.

The 'hot page' is not that good either: I have to scroll down a long list of links, to see all the topics, whereas in the previous version I had to scroll very little. And it has quite a lot of "empty space".

Using MyATS and myRecent is not the same as the old domain home page. I will never organize my threads, I will never select anything other than the defaults, because I do not care! Coming to ATS is just "happy hour" to me, siting in front of my computer with a drink, without having any sort of "work" to do.

The domain home page was actually a very good design: simple, elegant, it allowed easy one-click access to all the hot discussions...

Please bring back the domain home page! not as the first page, but please provide it!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
For all the questioning I'm hearing, I have noticed an incredible dearth of ANYTHING going wrong for a change in ATS. I haven't encountered downtime, I haven't had problems with the upload center, no big black nothings have appeared, no admins have banned themselves... frankly if I hadn't logged on for myself to see that things were different, I would have dismissed news of a version change as a hoax.

It would have sounded like this:
"Has anything gone on the fritz?"
"Well, not really."
"Then nothing changed. Skeptic just changed the version number for the heck of it."

Just for the sake of curiousity though, is something broken behind the scenes? If not, great job.

If something is broken though, is that why I haven't won WATS, or did I lose this month for the same reason I lose every month?

Edit to add: THERE IS A VERSION CHANGE! The minute I posted this, my browser shut down. I don't know if its ATS' fault (probably not) but something went wrong- a sure sign of ATS changing. I'll never question you guys again.

[edit on 14-3-2006 by The Vagabond]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Just some minor errors I have noticed regarding the new changes.

The times of postings seem to be one hour out. Yes, I have tried checking my settings. Even if I set the time to be GMT, latest postings are still an hour in advance. As an example...
Its 8:44 am here now ( 5 hours behind GMT , which my settings are -5 GMT), latest posting times are showing as... 9:44 am... seems a little weird. Dont know if anyone else has noticed this? Maybe something to do with the Titor threads ????

Next...
On the main forum page with the two areas for "Hot Discussions" and "Hot Topics" the text sometimes if the sentences are too long get cut off so the bottom line is only half showing. Perhaps we could have a link here also to the last post page rather than going thru extra pages? Just my ramblings.

One minor point... ( I am not usually a "moaner" and am only trying to help out before I am lambasted by SO !! )
Main forum page again...with each topic... ie.. 9/11.. paranormal etc headings. We used to have the last posting time and who it was by. Now we just have the time, is it going to have who wrote this last posting?

Anyhow... think thats it for now. Off now to check if any of my cheerios are not perfectly round !!!!!!!!!
Hope this has helped.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Skeptic,

I really dig this new layout...feels cleaner and just looks nicer.

Good job guys!

dalen

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Is the recent applause section Kaput?

Please tell me that section is being revised and will be back better than ever.

Membership rewards.
Membership rewards.
Membership rewards.

ATS grew and is great because of rewarding outstanding contributors.

Actually I just notice that the applause was gone

I've never been all that perceptive. I think they should bring it back in some way.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join