It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Changes to ATS (Almost Version 5.0)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I too liked the old front page. Having all the latest posts for each board was really convient and saved me some time. I don't mind the new buttons though.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Excellent
I don't have to scroll horizontally on the main page, with Opera 8.

The TinWiki link is still not correct (I think) and the Conspiracy Masters link is also wrong.

I also think this section could use some color, but that's just my opinion
:

Overall the changes look great

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Why is it that viewing this thread automatically shunts me into PTS?

Does anyone else have this happen?

BTW...I like the 'parchment yellow' of this section. Very legal looking and easy on the eyes.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
William One Sac, your "ATS Editor in Chief" has kindly agreed to be the "Wiki-Master" of TinWiki.org.

Once we're running, the button will work.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I like it a lot Skeptic.

I tend to find that the new buttons link with the "preview", "New Topic" [etc] buttons a lot better now. The trend does help to cause a much better visual "unity".

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG
I dont like the new design, its too cluttered and confusing

I liked when i went to the index page, it had all the news at the top, and all the top posts in each sectio, so i could find it easily..I loved looking under UFO section for top topics!
Oh well, ill have to get used to it.

I totally agree except for the getting used to it part

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I love the new layout, everything fits perfectly for me (screen res. of 1280 x 1024, using IE6.0).

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The new design is not good from a usability point of view. In the previous design it was very easy to see the interesting threads, as they were shown in the first page, grouped by section. Now in order to find the 3 most recent threads in each section I have to scroll down and click each section separately.

I never clicked to go the forums list page...

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
In the previous design it was very easy to see the interesting threads, as they were shown in the first page, grouped by section.

A lot of people with your point of view end up using this as their "home page"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can establish whatever forums you like as your favorite forums. Then, when you access this:
You also see only the recent posts in your favorite forums.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I like the new graphics and everything, except for the "Discussion Board Recent Posts" part.

I liked the old style that lets you see a set few from each section.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
I never clicked to go the forums list page...

Me too. Don't have time to search through all the Alphabet Sections without the Front Page. Sigh. Gotta tell you the Truth, SO: this is like Time Magazine without the front cover.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm thinking not everyone is aware of some important features:

www.abovetopsecret.com... (beta)

The page you're talking about (the former main domain home page) was horribly obsolete, primarily a search engine optimization aid, and intended to be replaced by MyATS for members.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
My link to ATS has always opened to MyATS. It's the most convenient way to keep up with what's going on. Of course, I do use MyNew and the new New Posts, also.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I just liked the old block of recently posted threads... it was the first thing I would look at on the forum page before going to anything else.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I just liked the old block of recently posted threads... it was the first thing I would look at on the forum page before going to anything else.

I think this does the same thing, only bigger.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

I think this does the same thing, only bigger.

This is what I use for a home page.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As a designer and usability tester for over 10 years, I really think you need to stop and listen to what people are saying more.

I understand you have all these great features, (most far from obvious), and you have a very tough challenge given the robust content, but what is logical or "cool" to you (and your designers) may not translate the same way to the end user. It is "US" that should dictate the user experience.

Remember, sites of this nature should be designed, no offense to anyone, should be designed for the lowest common denominator. Simple.

While, I do like the new site, it seems that "we" have become quite used to, and LIKE that old homepage where you had the top 3-4 posts per category. Sure we can go to MyATS ect.. but its clear most of DONT WANT to. Make that one consession and you will get applause all around.

If its aint broke, dont fix it. That said- keep up th egood work guys.

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

me
Why is it that viewing this thread automatically shunts me into PTS?

I'm still winding up in PTS when I click on this story from the homepage.
Not that it's a big deal, but I'm thinking it must be a glitch because this thread is in Board Questions & Business in ATS.

Still asking if anyone else is experiencing the same thing when clicking to this thread from the list of 'discussion board recent posts'(?).

edited for clarity

[edit on 8-3-2006 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm not havng that problem.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What is the Conspiracy Masters going to be. Another Ignorance Denied ...

Any info?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join