It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Changes to ATS (Almost Version 5.0)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG
I dont like the new design, its too cluttered and confusing

I liked when i went to the index page, it had all the news at the top, and all the top posts in each sectio, so i could find it easily..I loved looking under UFO section for top topics!
Oh well, ill have to get used to it.

I don't care much for it either. The buttons look too... bubble-gummy, or cartoony for my taste.

My apologies to those who worked on the new design. Nothing personal.

I notice that the "ideas/gripes" button has been replaced by a "suggestions" button. Will it be as effective as the last button?

[edit on 5-3-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Whoa...away from ATS for a couple days and wasn't expecting this!

New design looks OK, it will take a while to get used to. I will admit that I couldn't find the login at first

I dont seem to have the horizontal scroll bar, but then again I'm using 1600x1200 resolution so there isn't much that does have a horizontal scroll bar.

It seems that ATS is currently in 4 different versions...
Main page says ATS 6.0
This thread title says ATS 5.0
Navigation at the top syas ATS 4.0
and the MyATS page says ATS 3.0:

Just found that a little funny.

Keep up the good work

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I got away for a day and comeback completely lost in ATS, I could not even find the sign in button, they moved it all the way from one side to the other.

I though somebody cut me out of here.

Me2.

Then I realized it was just an intelligence test.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm glad someone pointed this out. I had to reconfigure my biometric device.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I like the way the 3D buttons appear to light up when cursored over.

XL5

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What I find annoying is the fact that corp.s are changing thier look/name for some unknown reason (going stale is not a reason). I mean, why do I need to wipe my "self" with cashmere? When am I going to be able to wipe my self with "silky massage", sooner then later its going to become false advertising.

More stuff flashing on this site seems like a fast talking car salesman trying to sell a car to some kid with ADD. NASA's site would lose all credibility if they had this much "web rice".

If people wanted a $erpo overview, a small headline at the top of the page would do. Also, if they want to defend $erpo, now they are FORCED to call it a hoax. What if they had proof that $erpo was not a hoax and new members ignored them because they figured the member who posted it was a confused kid (i.e. serpo is real and I have proof!).

No disrespect for the person who did the work unless it was your IDEA to redesign it in the first place
. A small spell checker button would be loved by all.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I like the new look.

It is easier on the eyes and you got rid of a lot of the useless stuff...like who got an applause or who the new members are. The last poster on the board list was also useless because it would bring up the first post and not the poster...just showing the date is better, imo.

Nice clean professional looking format. I bet there's more changes coming too...(?)

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I to have a scroll bar at the bottom but I have no play in it. I cannot move it right or left and I don't need to cause I can see the entire page. It's just a bit odd havng it there when it doesn't need to be.

Still, I have a wish for the upgrade to 5.0. As long as were upgrading, make it possible to put a podcast into a text thread. Somebody has a text thread going and I want to contribute but it would take hours for me to type out what I need to say. It would be so much easier to just hit Audacity and sy it in words.

mrwupys wish list: to be able to toss a podcast into an ongoing text thread.

It can't be that difficult to do

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The horizontal scroll bar (shouldn't that be called a panorama bar?) is getting longer, but I can still move it. It doesn't make much difference, either way.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I notice that the listings in 'Who's on' is not showing some members who are actually logged in.

I've been on for about an hour and still don't show but I first noticed it when DavidIcke signed on this morning.

edit: never mind...I'm showing now

[edit on 6-3-2006 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Wow, you guys must have HUGE monitors. My screen resolution is only 800x600, I think the monitor is 19". If I try and set it to 1024, yeah everything fits, but it's about the size of an ant too. I have a good 2 inches of scrollbar. It's around the width of a mini-profile. I've been scrolling to read posts since September though, so I'm somewhat used to it.

Isn't there some sort of CSS code you could use where it just adapts to whatever resolution the viewer is using?

[edit on 6-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Up until today I had a very slight "scroll" from left to right @ 1024X768. Today everything fits neatly into the window.
SO

Yarcofin, 800X600 on a 19" monitor, WOW, the buttons must look like traffic signs!

@ 800X600

My one-eyed dog, who is blind in the other, could see to click on those!

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Heh, no. It's about half that size.

Here is an image of what I normally see while surfing ATS:

I tried taking a screenshot at at 1024 to show you what it looks like, but when I go back to 800 it just re-adjusts to that size again. Anyway, here is an approximation of what 1024 looks like to me, except the scrollbar obviously would not be there any more. Fonts go from about 12 to 8, and the toolbar images shrink at least 1/4 of an inch:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Any reason as to why on 1024 we're all getting the scroll bar then?

Originally posted by intrepid
It's only about half an inch for me. I don't have a problem with it. Is that a problem?

Well, it was the advert that was off of the screen and since we earn money of people seeing/clicking the adverts than it can be/might be a problem...if you catch my drift?

All is well now, site is fitting in my little window once more.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is what I see with MSN9 and IE.

[edit on 2006/3/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The new design is cute. But- man has the entire internet jumped on the Apple "gel" button.. I'm just waiting for CNN to get "trendy"..

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
At the moment I am using FireFox and there is no scroll bar at the bottom, but I do get it in allot of threads usually if I refresh the page the bar is gone and the page fits properly.
Now if I use IE the pages fit every time and no scroll bar.
oh yea I use a screen resolution of 1280 X 1024

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
In the 'Discussion Boards Recent Posts', I notice that moderator business posts are now being shown...even 'suggestion/gripe' posts. No-one is allowed to see them anyways, so shouldn't they not show up there?

If they are going to be staying, maybe they could be colored differently from the rest. I keep clicking on stuff and winding up with the 'forbidden' message.

kinda disconcerting...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I notice that the listings in 'Who's on' is not showing some members who are actually logged in.

That used to happen a lot in the old style window also. At least it did for me. I thought it was just because everybody hates me.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the "ats content archive" bar on top of the button bar disappear from sight from time to time?
I feel like it's playing peek-a-boo with me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join