It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advances Technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
So i was reading some things on Aliens and UFO and life on other plants and it got me thinking. A theory i have is what if 1000s of years ago during Egypt time they got so advanced in technology that they were actuly the first in space and actuly found a way to like on a diffenrent plant and UFO sightings are just them coming to there old home earth. So basicly its just they were farther advanced in there technology but we just dont know it and there were able to left the plant before we claimed to have. i mean look at the pryimds and think to yourself how could anyone possiably do that with no technology at all or the creit we give them for the time? IDK just a theory what do you think?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
There is no proof of their technology. It is an interseting idea though. But they would have left a twinkie around or something.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I really doubt it.... they would have found some proof, and the pyramids aren't it, I mean a ship or designs or something of futuristic content.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well, paraphrase what someone said on a documentary I saw, "When we dig up an "ancient" cellphone, I'll believe."

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
While the 'ancients' did do some extremely impressive things, particularly in architecture, there is simply no evidence whatsoever that they had any kind of advanced tech, like the electronics we have today. There was a find called 'the baghdad battery' which had the right chemicals inside that it could have been used as a galvanic cell, but no documents exist to say what they were used for, if anything. One reasonable theory I saw is that they might have been used to electroplate jewelry, which could have produced the legends about 'lead into gold' and all that.

The ancients weren't stupid, but I think it is extremely safe to say that they did not have anything that we think of as modern technology, like spacecraft.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Were the Egyptians a brilliant civilization? Yes. Did they ever have knowledge of subjects which we do not that may have been lost to time? Possibly. Did they have the technolog to travel into space? No.

You must have a big imagination. There is nothing wrong with that. I have a big one too. It is both a blessing and curse, though, as sometimes are imagination controls to much of our ability to think.

As to the Egyptians building the pyramids without technology? They had plenty of it. The Egyptians were highly advanced for their time. They had advanced skills in many levels of math including geometry and algeabra and this helped them with their architecture immensly.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

The ancients weren't stupid, but I think it is extremely safe to say that they did not have anything that we think of as modern technology, like spacecraft.

I agree about spacecraft but there is good evidence they might have had crude electric batteries something most people would consider modern tech

The "Baghdad Battery" is believed to be about 2000 years old and produces about 1 volt when a liquid like vinegar was poured into it. If they ever made whoel rooms of these batteries hooked up in series they could have created a decent amount of electricity

Some even believe the Ark of the Covenant constructed by a man taught and raised in Egypt (Moses) was infact a massive capacitor.

top topics

join