It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to talk to your past self!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2002 @ 11:28 AM
link   
www.wisdomsdoor.com...

Let's talk about how you can reach your past and future self from the Ever Present Moment, using your point-of-power. For this exercise, and your first few times doing the routine, limit your contact to the past. In the beginning, it is easier to make the connection to a past personality than a future one. Also, it may be helpful, but not necessary, to get an old photo of yourself taken around that time you wish to travel back to.

First, to accomplish this connection, you will need to shift your point-of-power from the reality you know. Find a comfortable spot, but one that will not put you to sleep. You can sit or lie down. We find that sitting on the floor with your back against the wall works the best. Take a moment to relax. If you have a picture of yourself, take these moments to look at it. Try to get a feel for the time and era you are trying to reach. Think about the feelings that were going through you then. Now, close your eyes.

Place your finger tips together -- without letting your palms or your adjacent fingers touch each other. Each finger tip, including your thumbs, should touch each other. Your right thumb tip should touch your left thumb tip. Your right index tip should touch your left index tip ... and so forth. There should be about a one inch space between your palms, and there should be at least a half-inch space between each touching finger. Only your finger tips should be touching. The tops of your fingers should point up and be near your chest. This finger positioning is very important -- it connects all your energy centers in such a way that enables this technique to work easily.

Now, start taking slow, easy breaths. After about a minute, try to feel yourself floating within a warm, cozy bubble of energy. At this point, you should feel your energy-level rising. You may even notice a burning or a chill running up and down you spine. That sensation is good. It is a sign that your energy centers are active.

Now, mentally look outward through your energy bubble, as if you are looking into a great distance. Think about the past self you wish to contact. Picture that person in your mind. Now, visualize before you a calendar. This calendar should start with today's date. Begin to turn the pages of the calendar backward, faster and faster, glancing at the dates as they go by. Stop when you reach the approximate period you want.

Now, see that past person clearly in your mind. Do not worry, in the beginning, if you feel this process is all in your imagination. In time, the images within your mind will become more clear and more real. Tell that person the advice you came to communicate. Now, travel forward in time a bit -- visualize that other past self following your advice and watch the new outcome.

Now, you may return. Picture that imaginary calendar flipping forward and stop when you reach your time and reality. Take some deep breaths to center yourself. Open your eyes. The technique is complete.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
how do u actually talk wit ur past self

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by elliott reid
how do u actually talk wit ur past self

uuhhh....ok, read the post young sir.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Just curious, but wouldn't talking to yourself in the past have the potential to change the way you made/make decisions? Therfore, if you used this technique, wouldn't you alter the course of events after the date which you spoke to yourself? If it didn't change anything when you came out of the trance, then it would all just be in your head. Or would you create another timeline in which you changed the way you did things, but you would have no perception of that in your current timeline?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
did u get this to work !seriously!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
did u get this to work !seriously!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ok breath deeply now picture yourself flying through space in a pink shoe. Now snap back to reality and thrust yourself into the nearest wall. (I am not legally responsible for any injuries for anyone trying out the above procedure.)

Yeah i tried your little figure energy thing and nothing happened. I didnt see jack, which further proves to me that this talking to your past self is all a giant bunch of crap.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The reason that I don't think this would work is as such:

Say hypothetically I only used this power to go back in time and tell my self to remember to turn off the stove, because it started a kitchen fire. Now, if I really did change it, then there would go my reason for have ever wanting to go back and time and stopping my self from starting that fire. Do you get it? If I changed what I wanted to change, then it would change my future. Once it chaned my future, I wouldn't need a reason to go back in time and change what I changed. Therefore, it would never be changed

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
JANEYMACk, it WORKED!. Just won Powerball AGAIN!!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
go to a mirror and by the time the light reaches it casting your reflection and the signals get to your brain time has passed so what you are then looking at is the past so talk away

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Ok. So say this technique DOES work....wouldn't that mean you would already know if it works because you would have a memory of your future self popping in for a visit?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hmmm... I see there's some interest in this technique two years after I've posted it. Anyway, I'm not that interested in it anymore, maybe in the future I might try it again. But in that website that I've got it from, I found very interesting information.

And btw... It's not my technique, just on I got off the internet.

Edit: Also... If it works, it has to be learned. You can't make make 10 three pointers out of ten if you've never played basketball before. And if you've never ridden a bicycle before, you can't expect to just get on one and start pedaling away... So because you felt nothing after trying the first time doesn't mean it doesn't work. I really don't know for sure if it works, because I haven't really practised it for extended periods of time...

[edit on 29-9-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This article is strictly for public consumption lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
What would be a lot more interesting is if you could talk to the person you were in a past life. If you believe in reincarnation that is.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seeking Soul
What would be a lot more interesting is if you could talk to the person you were in a past life. If you believe in reincarnation that is.

That would be cool. I do believe in reincarnation, however, I also believe that once the past is gone, it is gone forever. So now way to change it.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Try staring into a mirror at your face.. the things you see will amaze you.

I stared into my reflection for a good 20mins one day and swore up and down that my face reflextion was actually changing.. was pretty neat

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyateLaBoca

Originally posted by Seeking Soul

That would be cool. I do believe in reincarnation, however, I also believe that once the past is gone, it is gone forever. So now way to change it.

The patterns of your thought at earlier stages in your life are still available to your brain. People under hypnosis can recall previous speech patterns, needs, wants, and worldview. It's not that you are making a phone call to yourself in the past, it's that you are re-creating your identifiable 'self' at an earlier past to help analyze how you have changed through mild self-hypnosis.

As far as doubting it will work, the technique is nicely presented. Try it out and see for yourself. It's not like someone's talking about UFOs or the Loch Ness monsters, you can do it yourself and see the results.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Hmmm... I see there's some interest in this technique two years after I've posted it.

It's just that when you went back to talk to yourself you told yourself to write about it and now that you are here again you assume that it was two years ago. Get it?

new topics

top topics

join