It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This could be Significant.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
While looking around in Google Earth I stumbled upon this....

Just to the NE of the Tonapah Test Range.

37 50'00.99" N, 116 43'37.30" W

What the hell is it?!?! It looks like giant blast doors, or a massive landing pad. Whatever it is, it's BIG. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Could this be an entrance to an underground base? Or is it a pad for spacecraft, either our own or alien?

I would love the idea of it being either of those options. But a straight forward explaination from someone who is firmiliar with this structure or similiar ones would be great too. I just want to know what the hell it could be!

p.s. I tried my best to scan through as many threads as I could before posting this. I couldn't seem to find anything relating to this location in the forums. If someone else has commented on this before please post a link to the pertaining thread.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by Fugue]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is Main Lake at Tonopah Test Range, about 2 miles south of the northern TTR boundary.

The circular feature in the center of the dry lakebed is called Main Lake Target. It is marked on the clay lakebed surface with an oil-based black pigment.

The diamond-shaped target, called Rebel Target, is also marked on the lakebed in a similar fashion.

Just off the southern edge of the lakebed is Hard Target. It is made of 1-foot-thick concrete (rated to 4,000psi strength) and is 750 feet in diameter.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You gave me everything I needed to know. Thank you very much.

join