It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion vs. Non Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have noticed an overwhelming distaste for anything relgious in this site. And I would like to know why?

Granted, this is a conspiracy site that feeds on powerful or shadowy organizations such as the Catholic Church. But...

If a leader speaks of religion and its role ih his or her life then why are they called horrible names,
stupid
dim witted
gullible

It largely comes down to if a person is religious he/she should shut up and go away.
If you are anti religious you are smart, well spoken and should be able to speak your mind no matter who is offended by your opinion.

Does anyone notice that with the decline of religion we see a rise of ugly again
Anti Semetism is blossoming in Europe
Cathedrals are being turned into dance clubs
Weird sects are sprouting like Facism did in the 20's which is a form of religion.
The real conspiracy stuff like the Rosacrusians or Opus Die.

And the newest religion ANTI AMERICANISM. That is a religion because it is based on theory and irrationality just like all the rest.

Religion by itself is not bad. It is the people who run it. There is your real conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Sounds to me like you think there is a conspiracy in religious attitude today.
Not really board business, I think.

Moving to Conspiracies in Religion.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
I have noticed an overwhelming distaste for anything relgious in this site. And I would like to know why?

You would have to ask the people who made the comment's regarding religion.

If a leader speaks of religion and its role ih his or her life then why are they called horrible names, stupid, dim witted, gullible.

This is not because leaders shouldn't be religious, but because there should be a seperation of church and state. Many wars through-out history have been fought over religion, and some people feel that choices affected by religion may negatively affect a country. Are you saying religious leaders are exempt from criticism of any kind?

It largely comes down to if a person is religious he/she should shut up and go away.

No.... everyone has the right to free speech. This site is privately owned though and the Admin reserve the right to display/delete what they want. I am so sick of these threads about religious people crying out "oppression". Not everyone is going to agree with you, and the disagreement is not necessarily because of your religious standpoint.

If you are anti religious you are smart, well spoken and should be able to speak your mind no matter who is offended by your opinion.

That's a very prejudicial statement. Why would your philisophical views affect your intelligence?

Does anyone notice that with the decline of religion we see a rise of ugly again

Anti-semetism's peak was obviously during the holocaust, which Hitler started because he though God spoke to him.

And the newest religion ANTI AMERICANISM. That is a religion because it is based on theory and irrationality just like all the rest.

What exactly is your theory of Anti- Americanism? The term theory is used way too often and has lost all meaning. Not any old idea that pop's into your head is considered a theory.

Religion by itself is not bad. It is the people who run it. There is your real conspiracy.

Religion is not the bad part, it's the organized religion.

The Zodiac,

[edit on 4-3-2006 by The Zodiac]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Look at the thread about Blairs comments on his choice to go to war.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
No such thing as non-religion IMO. Everyone has a world-view, an idea of origin, of destiny, a moral code of some description. These are the tenets of religion, whatever label you affix to them.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Either side should be allowed to say whatever they want to say, no matter who it offends. I haven't noticed any atheistic organizations or societies demanding that the religious 'shut up'. Rather I see the highly religious in charge and showing a disturbing reliance upon their irrationalist faith to guide them.

But not amoung atheists.

Cathedrals are being turned into dance clubs

?

Weird sects are sprouting like Facism did in the 20's which is a form of religion.

All religion is a 'weird sect'. Christianity was a weird sect in its formative years, and the pubic generally thought that christians were degenerate ammoral atheistic pseudo-cannibals.

The real conspiracy stuff like the Rosacrusians or Opus Die.

Why are these sects a problem, why are they singled out?

[quopte]Religion by itself is not bad. It is the people who run it. There is your real conspiracy.
The people who run religion are bad? Who runs christianity? Who runs islam? Who runs judaism?

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

The people who run religion are bad? Who runs christianity? Who runs islam? Who runs judaism?

Exactly, no one runs a religion, sure the pope runs the catholic church, etc, but no one runs a religion. The peoples interpretation or hysterical views due to religion are whats wrong, not the religions.

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You got me. I am week and I couldn't pass this one up. I'm sore ashamed.
The problem with a "leader" mixing his/her religious views in government is that their views don't just impact them. Those views, no matter how absurd, impact innocent people and even a fundie should know that such an abuse is not only a bad thing, it is prohibited by our Constitution, a document not known to the current administration but very important to those of us who read. I don't know about you but I want politicians to actually follow the document but first thjey must have somebody read it to them and explain the two-plus syllable words.
Your example that anti-Seietism is on the rise because of criticism of religion is laughable. I thought everybody knew the source of anti-Semitism'''it's Christianity, more specifically Christian Sundae School teachings and it's intolerance of differing views. This is especially absurd as without Judaism there is no Christianity or, for that matter, Islam.
Jeesus! What's the answer? I don't know. Hummmm. Reading, maybe?
skep

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Lets not overlook the amount of critism and persecution that the atheists must endure from the "believers". What do the athiests do, they tell you that you disagree with your beleifs and maybe add some minor condecention. What do the religious people do, they tell the atheists that they will burn in eternal hellfire for their beliefs.

And in the history of both beliefs it would seem that the atheist did nothing to anybody for not believing in what they believed in. And any atheist that was found a long time ago probably would have been killed for his beliefs. The atheists have a much better track record for not chopping peoples heads off or burning them alive for their beliefs.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
"The source of anti-semetism is Christianity?"

Please tell me I misread that.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

"The source of anti-semetism is Christianity?"

Please tell me I misread that.

I dont know where you think all this anti-semetism comes from. Islam hates jews, not because of their religious beleifs but because they are destroying their homes and stealing their land.

Hitler is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of anti-semetism, and it just so happens that Hitler was a roman catholic.

new topics

top topics

join