It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on The Messiah Complex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Many other factors will warrant careful attention. The problem of the individual is complicated by certain inherited tendencies of a family, national and racial nature. These powerfully affect the physical body in both its aspects, producing glamors of many kinds. It is also affected by certain inherited ideas which are the embodied thought-forms of family, national and racial approaches to truth. These produce powerful illusions to which the individual man easily succumbs.
.D.KHUL

When an individual is first confronted with aliens, mysticism, chakras, mediumship or if they are deeply touched by the experiences of initiated ones, it is akin to losing one's virginity, you want to tell everybody about the NEW insight you have immediately..This is a NOT.
The reason being you can harm your own psyche/ mind or that of others.
It is easily explained by being is a state of 'glamour' "NOBODY has ever seen/ know as much as I do".
This will impede your path worse than anything you can do, you are like a toddler who has learned to speak and babble'mommy, daddy'endlessly.
Often I wonder how many newbies have or will go through this. Just remember, he who does not know talks constantly, he who knows is silent or gives code only.
Given in the feeling of love.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by siriuslyone]

[edit on 9-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
An interesting way of looking at it.

But in fact many people are the opposite way. You tell one person, usually your closest friend first, and they ridicule you or aren't interested at all. In some cases, you just assume everyone frowns upon such things and don't discuss it at all. After that, you know not to talk about it, unless with someone you pretty much know feels the same way. You'd be surprised how many people claim to have seen a ghost or something, but never say a word about it. Nearly every person I talk to on paranormal topics usually end up starting a long story with the phrase "Okay, this is going to seem really weird but...." and proceed to tell me about how they have never told anyone this, but they have seen a ghost or UFO.

Some people don't share because they don't want to seem crazy, while others love to go out of their way to seem 'unique'.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yes, that is so true, but if given anonymity such as on the net, then their inhibitions seem to fall away.
Let me see if I can make an assumption, many people are too afraid of religiousity guilt they dare not look outside the box,then we have those who are so basic food, sex and shelter suits them fine, they do not care about any enlightenment,this is a growing percentage of the world's populace.
But seeker population is growing by leaps and bounds, and the younger one's will speak as they wish, not caring where the chips may fall.
Parents are very confused by their offspring, just look at the use of Ritalin.
Having been 'caught up' by not having the correct teachers, I have been incorrect but hopefully have not damaged anyone during my 'glamour' days.
A few good 'dark nights of the soul' will kill the glamour.
If one has ONE friend or relative they can dis-cuss this with, they may become very much of a helper, but this forum may be a haven for those who have nobody to share with.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
dude, what does this have to do with messiah complex?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There is a reason ones who know don't talk and there are reasons for the one who does know does talk. The total uncovering of it all, gets closer day by day shall we speed it up or slow it down?

When you say newbie relate that to babel. Sometimes its smarter to know nothing. However sometimes you can build the strength to handle things that may occur on larger scales. However we never know who is learning this and the next thought should be...

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Many other factors will warrant careful attention. The problem of the individual is complicated by certain inherited tendencies of a family, national and racial nature. These powerfully affect the physical body in both its aspects, producing glamors of many kinds. It is also affected by certain inherited ideas which are the embodied thought-forms of family, national and racial approaches to truth. These produce powerful illusions to which the individual man easily succumbs..D.KHUL

When an individual is first confronted with aliens, mysticism, chakras, mediumship or if they are deeply touched by the experiences of initiated ones, it is akin to losing one's virginity, you want to tell everybody about the NEW insight you have immediately..This is a NOT.
The reason being you can harm your own psyche/ mind or that of others.
It is easily explained by being is a state of 'glamour' "NOBODY has ever seen/ know as much as I do".
This will impede your path worse than anything you can do, you are like a toddler who has learned to speak and babble'mommy, daddy'endlessly.
Often I wonder how many newbies have or will go through this. Just remember, he who does not know talks constantly, he who knows is silent or gives code only.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

There is a reason ones who know don't talk and there are reasons for the one who does know does talk. The total uncovering of it all, gets closer day by day shall we speed it up or slow it down?

Yes,you are so correct, we each have different sources and soul-ages, so in trying to relate to any/all of these, I throw out varied topics and see the response, and if my thread do not get lots of response, perhaps I have touched just one soul.

I say were at at warp speed now..[*_*]

[edit on 7-3-2006 by siriuslyone]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Who are we talking about here? You?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

VERY true. This are wise words.

Many a messiah-wanna-be has fallen when the trials
began. Their false self-made station dead. Their
followers either never showing up, or all scattering.

I actually knew someone with a messiah complex.
Here is is, 25 years later, and he wasn't 'the one',
and he didn't save the world. He was always questioning
'did I arrive in time'.

Now, he's a construction worker who sings in bars at
night under a new name (he changed his name). He still
thinks he's 'the it'. He's 50 years old and hasn't figured
out that he isn't.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

VERY true. This are wise words.

Many a messiah-wanna-be has fallen when the trials
began. Their false self-made station dead. Their
followers either never showing up, or all scattering.

I actually knew someone with a messiah complex.
Here is is, 25 years later, and he wasn't 'the one',
and he didn't save the world. He was always questioning
'did I arrive in time'.

Now, he's a construction worker who sings in bars at
night under a new name (he changed his name). He still
thinks he's 'the it'. He's 50 years old and hasn't figured
out that he isn't.

So true, until one can/wll become humble and 'know' they do not have the answers, life just becomes more difficult to live.
Master Kuhl says that this can lead to insanity and that when one first sees he/she is being maniacal, then they are absent from illumination.
It must be lonely at the top whan one thinks they are there.
As Buddha tells his student.
Student-Master, what can I do to become more aware?
BUddha -Carry some water.
Student-What can I do after that
Buddha-Carry some water.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

www.thehope.org...

The Messiah Complex
Rabbi Adin Even-Yisrael (Steinsalz)
Translated by Dr. Isaac Y. Hayutman

"The People of Israel, in its general national being, and moreover in the being of each individual, is affected by a certain characteristic complex, namely the Messiah complex"
" . . .They all hold within them, some unconsciously perhaps, the basic dream of the Jewish child: to be a messiah."

The "Messiah" complex has absolutely little if anything to do with what you all are discussing. The "Messiah" complex is the belief that one is the embodiment of Christ,Buddha or some other venerated individual. Historical examples: David Koresh,Jim Jones,Sai Baba,Marshall Applewhite and others. All of these individuals had what is termed by Psychologists and psychiatrists as a "Messiah" complex.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The "Messiah" complex has absolutely little if anything to do with what you all are discussing. The "Messiah" complex is the belief that one is the embodiment of Christ,Buddha or some other venerated individual. Historical examples: David Koresh,Jim Jones,Sai Baba,Marshall Applewhite and others. All of these individuals had what is termed by Psychologists and psychiatrists as a "Messiah" complex.

This happens to individual human beings when they open a chakra by accident, have an NDE, or other life-changing experiences.
They become a know-it-all, I am speaking of this strictly on a metaphysical sense.Perhaps you have not studied Buddhism or other sects who TEACH the ego is the killer of enlightment.
This is FAR older than any psychiatric opinion.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

This happens to individual human beings when they open a chakra by accident, have an NDE, or other life-changing experiences.
They become a know-it-all, I am speaking of this strictly on a metaphysical sense.Perhaps you have not studied Buddhism or other sects who TEACH the ego is the killer of enlightment.
This is FAR older than any psychiatric opinion.

Hmmm that is interesting, do you know anything about the UnderAchiever Complex? I'm a pretty smart guy, IQ-wise anyway, and yet I don't make much $$$ and am content to stay in my cozy mediocre apartment, working whatever odd jobs I can find, consuming the healing herbs God gave us, watching Lord of the Rings, eating pizza, playing video games - and browsing ATS of course!

I mean, could YOU fall hopelessly, insanely in love with someone like me?

Help!

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Doubtful, as I have not had very much luck with men..

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
some truth in it.

for sure people speak in codes, because the mass will not catch on or they will be put on trial as a witch.

thats why you have secret societies...they have to slowly raise your awareness, or otherwise you would freak out.

But things change, times shift...people vary, when the time is right, the teacher is there...

Peace

dalen

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
To the actual topic...Messiah complex, check out the Messiahs in Judaism.
Yes, the Christians "Jesus" (they say his name in a form of a curse and dont even realize it
)

And, shabbetai Zevi (very famous, Christians may not have heard of him), and Jacob Frank, yet another false Jewish messiah.

In order to realize why this happens, one may want to see what it is that Messiah means in Judaism.
It may help clarify things a bit, and even put a new light on the Christian "Jesus" and his role.

Gods Peace

dalen

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
some truth in it.

for sure people speak in codes, because the mass will not catch on or they will be put on trial as a witch.

thats why you have secret societies...they have to slowly raise your awareness, or otherwise you would freak out.

But things change, times shift...people vary, when the time is right, the teacher is there...

Peace

dalen

Yes, not having a teacher is where most go wrong.
It is a form of confusion when one is caught up in the grandiosity of seeing a 'part' of the Light awareness.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Doubtful, as I have not had very much luck with men..

Hmm why is that? You seem nice enough.... do you have trouble talking to them about how you feel? or calling them on the phone?
The worst mistake you can make in the dating world is to be passive-aggressive.....

(yes, off-topic I know, sorry folks.....)

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Hmm why is that? You seem nice enough.... do you have trouble talking to them about how you feel? or calling them on the phone? The worst mistake you can make in the dating world is to be passive-aggressive.....

They cannot be honest.I feel my straightforwardness freaks them out.
Plus they cannot handle my belief system.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hmm why is that? You seem nice enough.... do you have trouble talking to them about how you feel? or calling them on the phone? The worst mistake you can make in the dating world is to be passive-aggressive.....

They cannot be honest.I feel my straightforwardness freaks them out.
Plus they cannot handle my belief system.

Hmm I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly but I think I can relate....

I know, with me, when I'm in love with someone and she starts calling me derogitory names, and starts seeing another man, and I see the two of them snuggled up together, there on that couch..... that tends to freak me out! Women who like to see more than one man at a time are a lot to handle, certainly! ;-)

(off-topic discussion will be taken to U2U as soon as I'm able.....)

[edit on 30-3-2006 by sanctum]

new topics

top topics

join