It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran tests longer range ICBM

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The longer the range of any Iranian missile, the fewer friends Iran has. The Sahib 3 put southern Europe in range, now 4k places many more in range. 4k ranges are no longer defensive weapons, those are for offense only.

Man, Iran is really pounding those nails fast...(westerners will get that remark)

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
what nails..?
I ain't no westerner so let me in on the wisecrack..
9 inch nails??
crucifixation??..
.. my imagination's running wild!!

EDIT:

C'mon the missile tests for the Shahab3 series have been less than ..err.. perfect..You wouldn't want to hit Palestine instead of down town Jerusalem now would you??
That would a total PR disaster in the Arab world..

[edit on 6-3-2006 by Daedalus3]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

That would a total PR disaster in the Arab world..

I’m sure thy would blame the US or Israel and, well, you know the rest. But we’ll see and wait, I’d hate to take a shot at anything with a CEP of several kilometers knowing full well the enemy can put their missiles through my window.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Mehran dude...

You're posting all these topics about how good Iran's defences/weapons are... If I didn't know better your scared and your looking at poor news sources in an attempt to make yourself feel better.

Face it dude, Iran is weak. China and Russia do not care about you and would never risk a war with the USA over your country. The Chinese economy would be near destroyed over war with the USA.

Iran missiles may travel 4000km... but the US missiles fire over 13000km.

All it takes to destroy one of those things is a US Navy Seals team, a Stealth Fighter at high altitude... or better still a tactical nuclear weapon.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Iran is NOT weak..
Really..
Try em'..
IMO they are the most well equipped/well trained/oraganised military in the Islamic world after Pakistan.
I don't know anythign about missiles with ranges beyond 2000km or anything about stealth tech, and frankly I am pessimistic about both, but that's besides the point.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
They are not weak by international standards,

But they are weak compared to the US, Britain, Israel and Australian combined (or even just the USA for that matter). Iran cannot afford to war with these countries because they could not fight them off.

EDIT:
Just realised

IMO they are the most well equipped/well trained/oraganised military in the Islamic world after Pakistan.

Don't forget India - Those guys have a larger army than the US and China. Only thing they lack is the technology.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by yeoldehomer]

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeoldehomer

Don't forget India - Those guys have a larger army than the US and China. Only thing they lack is the technology.

[edit on 8-3-2006 by yeoldehomer]

Some would dispute that..

Both, the larger army part and the low tech part.

I am Indian btw..

EDIT: And i'm pleasantly surprised that you consider Indai to be an Islamic country..
Some consider it as a hindu country..

confusion.. resulting in secularism..

[edit on 8-3-2006 by Daedalus3]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Ah,

My bad, little confusion lol. I was referring to the middle east rather than Islam

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
India is not in the middle east either..

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Bring it on.

Why waste everyone's time with all the rhetoric? Fire at will, or shut the FU*K up.

The day that Iran uses a nuclear device on anyone will be the day that it is quickly turned into a Glass Crater by some 19 year old farm boy from Iowa pressing the launch button from an attack submarine or surface vessel.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
So your a farmer? and from Iowa as well?

Funny, i thought FL stood for Florida......

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
well look at this AGAIN - just cause the thread starter is proud of his own military along comes all the trolls to flame the #e out of him

i hope the MODS start smacking people with the BAN stick i really do.

The personal attacks are uncalled for.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The USN uses farmboys to press launch buttons?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join