It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blairs war mission dictated by God too.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Tony Blair has provoked a furious row over comments he made about his faith. The Prime Minister said that God would be the ultimate judge of his decision to send troops to Iraq.

www.sky.com...

Whilst i think this may be blown out of proportion by the media and many others too, Tony Blair really does'nt do himself any favours sometimes.

The first comment about "God being his judge", i think many will see that as "God is telling him what to do", but to me that just says that God will deal with him as he sees fit over the sending of troops to Iraq.

The other comments about his decisions being God's as well, now i do feel that is just asking for a reaction and not a good one. I can see now why most of the time these leaders have speech writers, becasue 9 times out of ten they just drop themselves in in neck high as soon as they open thier mouths!

CX.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by CX]

[edit on 4-3-2006 by CX]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I can understand the outrage. In the US, politicians are voted in often because they trump up their own personal values, which usually include their religion and religious values, and sell them to the public, which approves of such. In the UK, religion plays little to no role in politics, so when a politician turns around to the electorate and tells them that he made his decision (even if only partially) in the light of his own religious beliefs, the electorate feels- and rightly so- that they have been decieved or at least cheated out of the legitimate expectation that they have a leader who will base his decisions on values more universal than religious beliefs, which are ultimately a very personal thing.

The flip side of the coin I suppose is that it would be naive to expect any politician not to have some sort of personal religious beliefs that they act upon. It's just considered taboo to mention them. Given the cost of his decision, though, I don't think anyone wants to hear anything about religion- what people want are more worldly explanations of his reasoning.

I've always found it kind of ironic that it's the US which separates religion from state, whereas in Britain, religion is the state... yet religion plays much less of a role in British politics than US politics.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah God will be the judge of Tony Blaire all right. you can hear it now, " YOUR GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL YOU LITTLE BAS####! BEGONE!" Poof Blaire disapears for eternal torment (He deserves nothing less)

He took us to war on lies and falsehoods, when good people died because of his lies he said we had to pay the blood price ( !! WTF??) and now he blames God for the war because it was Gods guidance that made him do it..... Oh tony tony tony I hope Hells warm for you.

I have never ever heard such amazing falsehoods from one man so often, and how he keeps getting voted back in is between him and the Devil he made a pact with !

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hahaha! Tony Blair is just the British version of Bush. I think they're gay lovers. Puppets of corporate America.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
yes god is telling them what to do..........this is their god... $$$ $$$ $$$

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Why is religion a part of politics? Hasn't religion in all its forms created enough death and destruction? It seems that political leaders who are not comfortable in their decisions need to express some kind of higher motivation.Yes Blair,God will judge you and then laugh as he throws you out of the pearly gates and down into the pit.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Whatever one thinks of T Blair and his faith one thing is for sure, we don't 'do' the public appeal on the basis of faith and God in the UK as happens so much in the USA.

Blair is stepping down soon and not standing for election again, like it or not he was simply stating his faith, not using it to attract votes.

Personally I don't believe in that type of God but on the other hand I don't think the 'flak' he is getting over this is really about people and their beliefs in God in a general sense and more an opportunistic dig at him.
Which is a bit sad.

What people of faith don't claim to pray or seek God's guidance?

CX

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Actually i've just seen the Parkinson programme on tv, to be quite honest it did'nt sound as bad as they are making it sound in the news. It was'nt said in the context that he is being driven by God and thats what makes his decisions, yet thats what it reads like on the news channels.

I may be wrong there, but thats how i saw it.

CX.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The man is a fool and the best thing to do would be to ignore him. The point he doesn't make clear is that he believes HE is God. His day will come - the sooner the better.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Blair claims to be a Christian; but!!

news.bbc.co.uk...

What God told him to attack Iraq???

J

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think it just provokes the need to dismantle all this god / religion stuff. Maybe thats why he said it. New world order will replace what we have for the new age one eventually.

He is supposed to be a 33rd degree freemason and night of malta? so he isnt a complete donut
his god is 'jabulon'...... ? id like to ask him about that on live question time.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by syberkat]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wow, this is some of the most hateful, bigoted and mean-spirited comments I have ever heard.

Why does religion make all of you so nervous? ARe you saying that if you are religious you are slow, dimwitted and not as smart as you?

I have one judge.

No one wants a theocracy. Doesn't work and never will. But...

If you believe you are not answerable to anyone for your actions then I believe you are in good company.

Adolf
Pol Pot
Stalin
Ted Bundy

A leader like Bush or Blair are guided by a rock solid set of rules...The Ten Commandments. Can any one find something wrong with them?

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I can find something wrong with them. They are not the law of the land and do not take into account Britons of other faiths.

Religion has its place and it is not in the ruling of the country. If my countrymen are to be sent to fight and die I would rather it was due to a rational decision than due to a religious belief.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
If you believe you are not answerable to anyone for your actions then I believe you are in good company.

Adolf
Pol Pot
Stalin
Ted Bundy

And incidentally, this is one of the most preposterous posts i've seen on these boards.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
A leader like Bush or Blair are guided by a rock solid set of rules...The Ten Commandments. Can any one find something wrong with them?

Nothing wrong in my book in being guided by a set of values (hate the word rules) but that said actions and in particular Blair’s would lead you to believe that they’re are gaps in his compliance to his so-called beliefs. Actions speak louder than words and his record isn't flash on so many fronts.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
I would rather it was due to a rational decision than due to a religious belief.

- .....and that is where much of the comment on this is nuts IMO Chris.

Blair didn't say he heard voices or anything like 'God told me to invade Iraq' (unlike, supposedly, another prominent 'leader').
He said he prayed about it, prayed that he make the right decisons and sought 'God's guidance'.

I really don't know how else a 'person of faith' is meant to put it.

Which of them wouldn't pray about their decisions?
Which of them doesn't ask for guidance?
Which of them ultimately doesn't think things end up happening because it's 'God's will' that they do?

Like I said earlier I don't 'go' for that kind of version of God but to try and turn this into a 'voices in my head' type thing just isn't what he was saying IMO.

You might as well slate anyone who claims to look to their conscience during tough decisions.

If he had ignored the proper and official advice and claimed to be in special touch with God or getting special messages then people could rightly be worried about this and they might have a point but he didn't.

He simply said that as part of his decision making he had looked to his faith and spiritual values in the hope that he make the right decisions.

Big deal.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I agree with you, sminkey, it's been blown out of proportion. Any man sending troops into war will see it as a matter of conscience and not something to be entered into lightly. Bliar (whoops, typo
) took the decision on purely pragmatic grounds but feels that he will be judged on his decision come the final reckoning.

I don't take exception to a man turning to his faith in his hour of need, I only state that government policy should not be formed by religious belief.

It's comments like this I have a problem with:

I have one judge.

Good for you. Bliar (damn typos
) has 60 million judges.

edit: fixing

[edit on 4-3-2006 by Chris McGee]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Wow, this is some of the most hateful, bigoted and mean-spirited comments I have ever heard.

Its not hate. Who can truly be bothered to HATE? That takes some effort and im jus too mellow

Im not being nasty or bigheaded but yes most religious people who follow blind without questioning and seeking higher knowledge, really are quite slow! if they wasnt they wouldnt be blindly following some old tat.

Im slow too in my ways, lol. Big deal.. i learn eventually.

Thats the problem, people have this big ego that jus cant be wrong. Sooner we learn to accept we usualy are, the better we all get.

Be-LIE-f is ignorance. DO U WANT TO KNOW OR DO U WANT TO BELIEVE?? come on its really simple.

Blair is a liar anyway u can even see it in his name its not a coincidence its synchronicity, noone can escape it.

And as for 10 comandmants..
sorry but there was a lot more than 10 aswel, and even those 10 were pirated and watered down from other ancient tablets and were not set LAWS as such from moses.. more like a personal conversation between certain beings which later became the 10 comandments for us lot...

baaaaaaa..

[edit on 4-3-2006 by syberkat]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Let's not turn this into a religious debate.
It's about Tony Blair and his declaration regarding troops in Iraq.
War on Terrorism, not Religion and Masonry.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Let me sum up why religion should have NO part in govt:
Adolf Hitler (cult)
Crusades (christian/catholic)
Child Crusade, yup the vatican sent an army of children off to war in the medival age (catholic)
And THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of other crusades, horrific actions such as the camour rough in Cambodia, etc etc etc.
All done in the name of religion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join