It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Katrina Planned?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
I don't think that you can actually plan a hurricane to happen. It could be possible that the hurricane was a higher strength due to the effects of global warming. Katrina was a storm that was like no one had seen before. I believe what happened is that the warmer Gulf current had something to do with the strength of Katrina.

The waters of the Gulf of Mexico are the warmest that it has been. So it would not surprise me if this hurricane season would be as bad as last years.

The "gulf current" you're talking about is called the gulf stream. The gulf stream rides up the eastern US.

The Gulf Stream, located along the eastern coast of the United States, is a fast, intense current known as a western-boundary current. These currents are located on the western side of every ocean basin. The Gulf Stream is a result of the wind pattern acting on most of the North Atlantic Ocean. The combination of the Trade Winds (10°- 25°N) blowing to the west and the Westerlies (35°- 55°N) blowing to the east cause the North Atlantic to rotate clockwise. This basin wide, clockwise flow is referred to as the Subtropicla Gyre. Because of the Earth's rotation, the poleward flow in the western Atlantic is constrained to a narrow current on the western boundary of the ocean basin. This is the Gulf Stream.

It does loop a little into the Gulf but in the summer time the waters are so warm in the gulf that it doesn't make a difference. It's best to see it in the Gulf in the cooler months
kingfish.coastal.edu...

[url]http://earth.usc.edu/~stott/Catalina/images/Oceanography/gulfstream.jpg[/img]

We HAVE seen hurricanes like Katrina before (remember Katrina was only a three when it hit). Camille was stronger when it hit. Andrew was stronger when it hit. As well as several unnamed hurricanes.

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It is an area where hurricanes are prevelant for sure but the same outcome didn't happen before either. I predict it won't again happen that way either and not just because they will make the dikes stronger, which they will do if they rebuild lower New Orleans.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
can anyone back me up on this....

isnt there is a major glacier (somewhere) that feeds its water into the gulf of mexico. this mass of frozen water is fresh. and the galcier has been melting incredibly fast in the last 5 years.

when fresh water meets with salt water, the salt water sinks and the fresh water floats... thus a change in the water current.

what if... they used global warming techniques to heat up and melt that glacier which would interfere with the water current and create a storm ?

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExiQta
can anyone back me up on this....

isnt there is a major glacier (somewhere) that feeds its water into the gulf of mexico. this mass of frozen water is fresh. and the galcier has been melting incredibly fast in the last 5 years.

when fresh water meets with salt water, the salt water sinks and the fresh water floats... thus a change in the water current.

what if... they used global warming techniques to heat up and melt that glacier which would interfere with the water current and create a storm ?

I think the glaciers are all up north. I think global warming and pollution are responsible for these glaciers melting away. 60 minutes had a scientist on a week ago where he talked about it and said that the White House/government was doing all it could to censor his warnings.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I don't think Hurricane Katrina was planned, but I do think there was a lack of PLANNING for it. FEMA Should have been ready to help immediately after the hurricane passed, and New Orleans should have FORCED everybody out. I think that the people there greatly under-estimated what a storm like this could do to a city like New Orleans.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
It's not that the government planned or made the hurricane happen. that isn't possible (We think), it's that they took advantage of the situation. I believe it's possible that the levies were tampered with or sabotaged. The problem is why.
I think it may be a mere issue of realestate. Someone wants the land which has been occupied for many years by poor people. However, one can't go around burning down entire neighborhoods and expect to get away with it. But a hurricane makes the job of destroying these neighborhoods so much easier.
I think the hurricane was seen as the supreme opportunity to remove alot of people from their property. Nothing needed to be done except to ensure the levies would break, flooding everything.
Ofcourse this is all conjecture and can never be proven, which makes the act all the more diabolical.

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Excuse me, but I also ran into some items that were very interesting regarding other countries--in fact several years ago, Russia being one of them that had some way of controlling and manipulating the ions and electrons to do stuff to and with the weather conditions--to be used as a top secret weapon. Do a web search on this and see for yourself if you don't believe it. Now whether Katrina and Rita were manmade or manipulated in some way I don't know. There are some web sites which seeks to explain that they were and how they were but I didn't have time to sit and study their explanations, etc at the time and I too wondered at their authenticity. Some things just seem too far fetched, but hey the US Military has stuff in it's weapons bag that I have had people "in the know" tell me about that I wouldn't have believed either. Just because it's hard to believe doesn't necessarily mean it's not there....

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I don't know how they could have planned it, and, other than real estate, i really can't understand why they would plan it. If the govt. can control the weather, why not send a massive typhoon to North Korea and take care of that nut job over there? Or maybe sent five hurricanes, and a massive dust storm to Iran.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zero_057
Can you say for certain that the weather isn't being controlled, or that FEMA did not use the opportunity to see how far they could go and just how much control they had over people during the disaster? And no I wasnt asking people to decide whether anything was planned or not, I was only wanting to hear the opinions of others on the topic I posted.

You premise is non-falsifiable and a product of irrational thinking. Can you say for certain that Spongebob and the Boobahs didn't cause the hurricane?

Please try to stick to falsifiable notions.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nt327
I don't know how they could have planned it, and, other than real estate, i really can't understand why they would plan it. If the govt. can control the weather, why not send a massive typhoon to North Korea and take care of that nut job over there? Or maybe sent five hurricanes, and a massive dust storm to Iran.

I wish they would.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You can not plan a hurricane.

If you think this is a conspiracy for FEMA then I think you are thinking about this disaster all wrong.

If this was a FEMA conspiracy they utterly failed at it. It took them 6 days to respond to the help down here. The National Guard arrived in 4.

4 DAYS!! People were here in water logged streets. With dying people on the interstate. People were dead. Laying there on the street with people walking by.

If you want to know about Katrina you have to of experienced first hand like all the people down here have. And I.

Do you know that FEMA still has not given everyone who has applied for a FEMA trailer when they have no home to live in. and FEMA is getting ready to leave. After a year.

They utterly failed in my perspective.

FEMA

Fix Everything My Ass

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kazkek
You can not plan a hurricane.

It depends, yes and no. But really, I doubt it, Katrina made too many wierd turns to be planned.

If you think this is a conspiracy for FEMA then I think you are thinking about this disaster all wrong.

I dont' believe it Katrina was a conspiracy itself, but yeah, I do believe they knew it was inevitable that it would happen somewhere and took complete advantage of it!

If this was a FEMA conspiracy they utterly failed at it.

A failure in your eyes, is not necessarily a failure in their's.

It took them 6 days to respond to the help down here. The National Guard arrived in 4.

The national guard that didn't even know where people were when I watched them arrive on CNN? :shk:

4 DAYS!! People were here in water logged streets. With dying people on the interstate. People were dead. Laying there on the street with people walking by.

Longer than that. You know better if you were here.

If you want to know about Katrina you have to of experienced first hand like all the people down here have. And I.

Judging by what I see so far, that may hurt the cause of our area, rather than help it.

Do you know that FEMA still has not given everyone who has applied for a FEMA trailer when they have no home to live in. and FEMA is getting ready to leave. After a year.

Getting ready to leave?!? Those people are everywhere! And they are not going to leave their trailers there. In fact, they have to stay now, because St. Bernard's parish president is taking the unused ones and giving them to those in need down in the Parish.

They utterly failed in my perspective.

See above.

FEMA
Fix Everything My Ass

The only thing we can agree on, and no, I never bought a shirt. :shk:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
well, i kinda think it was planned, not the hurricane but the leevee stuff.

cause back in like the 50s i think the levees were also broken to let the lower wards an stuff flood to protect the richer neighborhoods. so it would just be as much likely they where gonna try to flood the lower wards any way no matter if people left or not.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
well, i kinda think it was planned, not the hurricane but the leevee stuff.

cause back in like the 50s i think the levees were also broken to let the lower wards an stuff flood to protect the richer neighborhoods. so it would just be as much likely they where gonna try to flood the lower wards any way no matter if people left or not.

The official line states that the levees weren't blown up in the sixties during hurricane Betsy. The official line states that they were blown up in the early 1900's to save the city. I wasn't here for Betsy, so I don't know. This time around, I don't recall hearing any booms. My thoughts are that the levees weren't ever truly built up on that side after the fact, but I'm afraid we'll never know, unless some bigwig steps up to the plate to admit it. Then the person will be called a "nut" and never listened to by the majority. Makes sense why they have all these 'crazy' people in office now. They can't squeal and hold any credibility at this point anyway.

I don't know anymore, I really don't. It's very frustrating to say that as a local, but it's the truth. I was lucky enough not to flood this time around, but if that canal would have broken on the other side, it would have been my area, and the lower 9th wouldn't have. One day, I'm sure when all of us have cleared our heads from this, we'll be able to peice things together and find a truth we haven't hit yet. I still have a very hard time remembering those days, so maybe other people are the same way.

We may never really know, and that's the saddest part.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I agree that FEMA used this event to test their martial law plan. The only failures in response to Katrina stem from the way FEMA went in and tried out their martial law plan. They allowed too many mainstream reporters in. Some of the truth got out. The actual delayed response with aid was totally intentional.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The thing that jumps to my mind is this.

Usually in a disaster movie, something devastsating happens to the people of the earth, and by the end mankind has solved the problem. We are conditioned to this.

That's not real life. When something horrible happens, we cannot always save ourself. Disasters are tragic and are overwhelming. We don't bounce back as good or as quick as we are conditioned to believe.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
ok two thing are known about helping the economy 1 war 2 disaster when bush forgot the war had to be on your own soil to help the economy any who's to say he didn't have a back up plan say guiding a hurricane to a major city in the us then coincedently another of almost the same forcehits a month later less than 300 miles away(i was there in Rita)

think of it like this what feeds a hurricane? any high school kid can tell you that it's hot water the hotter the water the stronger the hurricane's force now there are "weather bouies" (not sure if i spelled it right) like every 10 miles (not really even sure on the distance but there are a whole lot of them )all over the gulf and into the atlantic ocean who can say that these "bouy" can't raise the temp of the water even by 3-6 degrees around them to "guide" the storm where they want it's not only the most probable way but rita followed a simmilar course meaning the drift currents hadn't settled enough to cool down

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Interesting idea. However SSTs (Sea Surface Temperatures) are monitored by satellite and we'd see if anything like that were happening.

Besides, once a hurricane has formed, whist water temperature does affect its strength, it's the position of surrounding pressure systems and jet streams that controls its movement.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
yeah it was planed,by us one word POLUTION

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
ok the bouy idea is a joke, sorry it is the ocean water is so deep they can not heat a large area, that is like getting 100 people together too pee in the water every 100-200 miles and say that can steer a hurricane (the bouys are not 10 miles apart)

the area in the gulf where there is hotter water is called the LOOP CURRENT the gulf stream runs on the atlantic side east of s. fl running up and near cape hatteras and then out south of long island where it stops (similiar phenomena, different names)

the years 2004 and 2005 were very busy high activity so this was not an isolated incident (conspiracy in my opinion) but i will touch on what i beleive may have been later in my post, which is where the money leads

the technology does occur to seed hurricanes by depositing a chemical solution in the outer eye wall from a hurricane hunter plane flying through it they did test in the 1960's which succesfully weakened a storm after a few flights spaced a few hours apart. that was in the 1960's no doubt the ability exist above this. after all there is a militiary operation titled WEATHER AS A FORCE MULTIPLIER owning the weather in 2025, now that is the date they give the public, possibly to protect national security as they would not let there enemy's know if they had the ability now. there is a probability that haarp is capable of doing amplification of storms by focusing energy in there, and amplifying the areas of high pressure and low pressure around the storm to create favorable steering patterns that can guide a storm in the vicinity u like. now OWNING the weather is much more complex than amplifying a storm and steering it here and there it is being able to do this on a sustainable repeatable level and with much precision over time, including HEAT WAVES, tornadoes, dry spells, snow storms, whatever. i digress

remember 2005 was a remarkable YEAR for frequency of hurricanes in fact it set the record, so the pattern was favorable the whole year but they could have had trial runs steering the storms however if they wanted to pulverize the city, i would think they would have allowed the storm to maintain it's strength as it made landfall. the national hurricane center down graded katrina to a CAT 3 hurricane as it grazed S. Louisiana and the brunt of the storm surge is to the right of the center which was around coastal mississippi (where the REAL WIND and SURGE DAMAGE occurred, the morning after the storm (which hit mostly overnite) was mostly a day of RELEIF for new orleans as they thought they dodged a bullet, that was until the LEVEES FAILED

so to recap there is the technology to manipulate the weather (has been since 1960's) (on a side haarp's ability's to manipulate the weather is definitely suspect and the nwo stooges infiltrating the u.s govt could be using it as they see fit not only in the u.s but around the globe) as far as a stageed trial run for fema i dont think so , however 2005 was an entire year of higher frequency storms and katrina signifigantly weakened as it brushed the south east coast of LA. and slammed PASS christian MISS. which saved the majority of the city (NO) from total devistation, but was enough of a problem to cause the levee's to fail

so not a fema conspiracy may have been some weather manipulating going on to guide storm but as people remember 2005 had a very favorable patten for storms to form (but the record number was unusual) also 2004 was very busy as well.

but then again who made money off of these HURRICANES

never miind turning new orleans in to a southern las vegas, the INSURANCE COMPANY"S MADE A KILLNG. from the activity of storms in 2004 and 2005 now that is where the money leads how much money did the insurance company make. is anyone from HAARP involved or in cahoots with those in the insurance company's that's where the money takes me

[edit on 5-1-2007 by cpdaman]

[edit on 5-1-2007 by cpdaman]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join