It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Katrina Planned?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So many posts on the subject of Katrina, I dont know if it was planned or not, does anyone know for certain? I do believe though that it surely gave FEMA a perfect opportunity to test out their skills for any upcoming events that may call for Martial Law to be put in place.

I've heard things like people displaced were put in camps and now that even after the disaster are still being held, against their will, why have no major networks carried any information of things like this? Maybe the whole thing was just a test of FEMA's skills.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
EH
? Sorry if i read this wrong, but how can you plan a hurricane? Or do you mean something else sorry
?

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Really didn't mean the Hurricane was planned, although I have read that the Government has done some experimenting with controlling the weather, so I would not rule that out. But what I was meaning, FEMA's response to the disaster, was that all planned, moving the dislocated to shelters or camps, to test out their skills and see how much they could get away with before the people are up in arms. After reading Val's account of the shelters people were moved to and of the things that have gone on, it sure leaves a lot to wonder about and many questions to find answers to.

www.freedomdomain.com...

Above is a link about the weather control in case you might want to check it out.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by Zero_057]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
nobody is being held in the camps "against their will" ... in fact, the govt is and always was encouraging people to leave.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I deeply fail to see your point. How can you plan a hurricane? The most advanced equipment ever known to man is meteorological equipment that predicts that there would be a storm occuring in a certain area, but nobody sits up in an office and says, "lets wipe out New Orleans." That's a bit on the science-fictional topic.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Please reread the posts I believe that I did clarify what I meant and it was not that the hurricane was planned. And also I did post a link regarding the experiments with weather control, sorry if you misinterpreted the post.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sorry, but I must give you the "conspiracy of the month" award. Reread what you've posted. You're talking about FEMA and how they can test their skills, why would they want to do that? Why don't you find some lame website on that one?

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You're sitting up here asking people if they know if it was planned or not, how would a single person know that?

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Can you say for certain that the weather isn't being controlled, or that FEMA did not use the opportunity to see how far they could go and just how much control they had over people during the disaster? And no I wasnt asking people to decide whether anything was planned or not, I was only wanting to hear the opinions of others on the topic I posted.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
No. Hurricane Katrina was not planned.

It was the great LACK of planning that resulted in the deaths of hundreds.

The tragedy of hurricane Katrina was the result of immense incompetence and lack of caring or compassion in the American government. Nothing more. It will go down in history as one of the greatest screw-ups of our government, and one of the greatest betrayals of one city by its own government ever to take place.

--Kit.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
As an afterthought for anyone who may discount Katrina being a planned or manipulated storm I wanted to add these links that you may want read and research. Im not saying that it was planned or created but the possiblity may exist. I dont have the answer to that, oh how I wish I did.

weatherwars.blogspot.com...

www.greatdreams.com...

[edit on 12-3-2006 by Zero_057]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Then you'll need to specify what you were asking people if it was planned or not? What was planned or not? Are you referring to the hurricane itself? Were you referring to FEMA having control over the citizens? What was it you were asking is whats throwoing a lot of people off your point.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I believe that all that I have said in the posts I have made is enough to allow anyone to determine what has been said and I cant explain myself anymore than that, as Ive said I dont have the answers and that is the point, does anyone else? Was this an opportunity for FEMA to see how far they could go, what reactions would they recieve, would they be able to control massive disaster reaction? Was it planned this way? People have already responded with their thoughts in regards to the post, what is it that you want BJones that I havent already explained,as you seem to be sort of questioning, and Ive already stated that I dont have the answers. In spite of the weather control experiments I dont believe it was a controlled storm, though I could be wrong. And I do believe that FEMA was experimenting with its power and seeing how far it was able to go in controlling the situation, or if you like preparing for things yet to come.

[edit on 13-3-2006 by Zero_057]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I don't think that you can actually plan a hurricane to happen. It could be possible that the hurricane was a higher strength due to the effects of global warming. Katrina was a storm that was like no one had seen before. I believe what happened is that the warmer Gulf current had something to do with the strength of Katrina.

The waters of the Gulf of Mexico are the warmest that it has been. So it would not surprise me if this hurricane season would be as bad as last years.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Very Intresting

[edit on 16-3-2006 by Blackfire]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I now see your point after an explaination, Zero. Since you're demanding an answer relating to this subject, I will give you my speil about what might've happened, and what was FEMA's role in this since I am a former worker in the government that dealt with FEMA:

I profoundly doubt that this government within these United States have control over mother nature itself, and the direction in which a single hurricane can strike a major city such as New Orleans. It's equivalent to saying the United States controls the rotation of the Earth, as well as the time when the sun rises and sets; there is just no way! And for those who think that this government can cause hurricanes to form, and can control them, then why would we destroy such of a major city such as New Orleans that is part of our own territory? Well, why not the District of Columbia? Why not New York City, where they say "everything" happens? Why not in the Republic of Iraq or in Afghanistan where we are fighting a major war day by day? It is just not feasible for a government to have the control over nature and the way it operates.

We try our best using sophisticated meteorologists to determine and predict what the weather will be for up to ten days, and keep you updated on what the weather will 'possibly' be in the next week, etc. There is no gurantee that whatever a meteorologist predicts that it will be permanent and accurate. Nature changes just like the days of the week do, and so an overcast can happen upon a meteorologist's prediction. Therefore, a single person has no 100% assurance that the weather will be what they predict. It's just how the world works. But in this situation, citizens were given a fair warning that this storm was coming, and the strength of it was rising, which had given those citizens ample time to get out of the warning zone, and head for shelter. But as always, you will have a few eggs that do not hatch, and will tend to stay in a home and think they can ride it out, which proved beyond ignorance and insanity on their part.

As for FEMA, let me educate some of you what FEMA is as well as their role in a disastrous situation: It is the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and it is a government agency in the United States which is now organized under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in the Emergency Preparedness and Response Directorate. Mainly, FEMA responds to any disaster that occurs in the United States that is declared a federal disaster area by the President. It coordinates the work of federal, state, and local agencies in responding to floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, and other natural disasters. It also provides financial assistance to individuals and governments to rebuild homes, businesses, and public facilities; trains firefighters and emergency medical professionals; and funds emergency preparedness throughout the United States and its territories. Now when you talk about FEMA's power, what do you mean their power, and how far it was able to go in controlling the situation? They are required by law to step in once a disaster of any sort, and any magnitude occurs anywhere within the borders of the United States. The only power they have is what I have mentioned above, and that is to provide financial assistance to those effected by the storm. It even goes deeper than that; they also have an emergency response group that is based on small, decentralized teams located in certain areas whose role is to specialize and conduct medical care, search and rescue, and communications. They are strictly supportive-based groups in the aftermath of a disaster. That's the only power they have during this situation.

I undertsand those who talk about Global Warming, and how it can 'possibly' effect the United States in years to come, but again, a prediction from one or two sources may not be the actual event that will happen. Global Warming may have something to do with large hurricanes in the Gulf area, increased temperature in the glacier zones, and warmer currents, but the point of it is, we just have to remain prepared and perform certain decisions that will best benefit yourself prior to a disastrous situation. What is your view now, Zero?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
An interesting take on what happened down in NO.

what happened in NO?

Interesting perspective, judge for yourself. On that site there is other links for more backgound to the story of what happened in New Orleans too, so don't be afraid to click any of the links.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by denythestatusquo]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Might I ask what your point is for sending such a website? Nothing in there told the chronological events in whcih they happened and why they happened. This seems to be more in a one-man, one-race type of point of view if you'd ask me. And I think Nagin is such a pain for some of the racial comments he's made if you want to get into that standpoint.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
BJones, Im not demanding any answer to anything! My post was to see what other peoples thoughts and ideas are in regards to the disaster, and thats the bottom line. So you have stated yours as well as have others who have posted, and I appreciate the input and will go on to say for the last time I dont have the answers. If you are looking for something other than what Ive posted I cant help you.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by Zero_057]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.yourdailymedia.com...

It wasn't planned at all... the weather just slapped them hard and they had a rough time. You cannot blame the Goverment for a hurricane for crying out loud!

The above link is a video for all those sick and tired of the New Orleans moaners!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join