It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 stall test Video!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
the reason the su- would be look to have more control in a stall is because it may have more of a twist in the wings, to keep the control surfaces at a lower angle of attack then the rest of the wing, which has stalled.

i foget the exact term at the moment, something like out or in wash.

I would fully expect the plane to drop like that in a compleate stall, as the is no lift what so ever, it is just a dead weight.

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You mean down wash?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 8 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It sounds mored like he means washout than downwash to me but I don't feel qualified to comment further shattered.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
different air foils stall at different times. different parts of a wing will stall before the rest. take a close look at a cessna wing or an rv4. you can control an rv4 deeper into a stall than you can a cessna.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
that was a pretty cool video.

oh, and heres a direct link...since trying to find something a someone else's link can be a bitch.

Stall testing the Raptor

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

A stall is easy to recover from, nose down, full throttle. Now, there are certain altitudes that this will work at, for instance, you do not want to stall in less than 1000 feet, it can get messy. You want to give your aircraft as much time and space as possible.

Shattered OUT...

I am NOT PILOT but, I play sims (like LOCK ON, FLANKER(all version)), talk to some pilots from Serbia Air Force (flying on MiG's (21-29), Galeb-G4, Orao (Serbian war planes)) and I learn something about stall. You can't use full throttle. You use Stick down, rudder's go to opposite direction from stall spin, and engines 60% working (what they use when wait for taking off). After you get out of spin you put "pedal to the metal" and hope you don't go to stall spin is opposite direction (be gently to rudders).

[edit on 12-3-2006 by Serbian_SPIRIT]

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well, I won't claim to know it all, but I speak from experience from what I've flown.

Now as to your friends in the Serbian Airforce, they're probably right, they fly much more complicated machines than I'm even touching. The aircraft I fly naturally has very good stable features, for example if I were to put the nose down and let go of the yoke, the plane would stabilize itself on it's natural horizon, that's just the way the plane is built, as my instructor says "...These planes are built like tanks".

The more manueverable a plane is, the more unstable it is.(From what I understand, it may be incorrect this statement)

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

The more manueverable a plane is, the more unstable it is.(From what I understand, it may be incorrect this statement)

Shattered OUT...

That is not incorrect. Su-27 can't fly with out Fly-By-Wire sistem.
Prototype T-10 (Su-27) was full scale re-desing after problems in flight testing. After re-desing Sukhoi get FBW system.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join