It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clone Christ - DNA on Shroud

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
God only knows what they plan to do with
it. (no pun intended)

Cool, clone Christ...then we can see how accurate the gospels actually are.
(It would definitely give you a 2nd coming of Christ)

But as one poster noted, so many people have their dna on the shroud, who knows what kind of clone you would come up with. (Let me touch the shroud too putting my dna on it...add some spice to the clone.

Gods peace

dalen

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Yep. I figured it was just a matter of time. They've got
the blood samples from the shroud. The DNA is being
analyzed. God only knows what they plan to do with
it. (no pun intended)

Oh man I hope they do not do that.....the LAST thing we need right now is "jesus" coming back (even as a clone)

that last time he was here it started 2000 years of BS, lies and church atrocities.....cloning him would start another 2000 years of even more BS and religious based crimes....not to mention the monumental lies Christianity has created.

if there is DNA on the shroud....my guess is that its Bill Clinton's (again !)

[edit on 12-4-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Of course there's DNA remnants on the Shroud of Turin. The thing used to be handled all the time before they locked it up and put it behind glass. No doubt somebody sneezed on it , or got their hands on it who went to the restroom and didn't properly wash up. Yucky.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Jesus was a prophet (some believe the son of God). This does not mean the clone would be. In fact, the clone wouldn't be the same at all. It would just look the same!

Correct. The clone would have to go through everything Jesus went through in his life.....But, what would the Jesus clone be in 2040 or so?? Maybe a race car driver? Or a stock broker? Or a psychotic serial killer? Who knows what them crazy clones will do??

And again...the whole topic is moot, because the shroud is fake.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
..But, what would the Jesus clone be in 2040 or so??

Hmm....General Manager at a Domino's Pizza in Montauk New York.

Also, just to add some miscellenous comments about the shroud, I thought it was just an early photographic experiment that leonardo Davinci did on himself.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Let's say it is the DNA of Jesus. How long before the genetic engineers come up with "Body of Christ" wafers made of the body of Christ for communion? No joke. This is possible - right now. Ethically-challenged but possible.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
There was a great show on the National Geographic Channel last night on this very topic. It will probably be on again this week. It explains how ridiculous it is to even believe this is the image of Christ...why?

A. It is the stereotypical image of Christ. It's what most people believe he looked like. What are the chances he really did?
B. The head is too small for the size of the body.
C. The image should be distorted. Because, in order for the whole image to be on the shroud, it would have to have been wrapped tightly around every inch of the body (which is ridiculously unlikely) and if it was wrapped that way, when flattened out the whole image should have been distorted and it wasn't.
D. Etc.....

The producers of the show were even pretty certain that Leonardo Da Vinci created it. The people that own the shroud also happen to own a self portrait by Da Vinci...not that that matters because it is physically impossible for the shroud to be real. Period!!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I’m convinced the shroud is one of the greatest fakes ever made, and only a few people throughout history could have created it. Also, the Church has no reason to release it for analyses or experiments, as far as they are concerned ignorance is bliss. The shroud brings in the faithful so fake or not it serves it purpose.

Also if this claim about the DNA is true and cloning is possible then I want the to do it. Since I don't think Jesus came anywhere near this shroud I want them to clone whatever DNA they have so they can get a 6 foot tall Irishman and I can laugh my arse off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join