It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Egypt an ancient alien crash site?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I found this on Space.com and it made me wonder. Do you think an ancient alien craft crashed in the Sahara and the survivors built Egypt? It's just a thought, what do you think.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Eh I saw that, cool no?

Considering the crater [always much larger than the object] is 19mi diameter, that still would have been one hell-a-ship !!! lol.

But, if it was ........... like they would ever say so.

Has it not often been conjectured that, those areas of the world are the cradle of civilization? Which would coincide with your ponder, on a larger scale. Did that come out right? lol

NN

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Good question. I think it could be possible. Ever heard of the Library of Alexandria?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Swampcricket,
I don't understand the connection between the Library of Alexandria and an alien crash site in Egypt.

... would you please explain that further? Thank you!

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I think that pyramids were not built by man. Countless people have tried to build the same replica using the same material, but have failed... I believe that extra terrestrials built the pyramids. I mean look at them!

Anyways, I don't know what to think. it probably was a crash site.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm lookin at em and I see a huge piece of cleaverly placed, shaped stone.

Look at something like Sears Tower, or the Mackinac Bridge. Those are accomplishments. The pyramids are pretty amazing, but still very humanly possible. These people obviously didnt have much to do with their time other than learning to expertly craft, move, and erect huge stone structures. It is only impressive when you think of the HUMANS that built it as ignorant cave-men.

They were humans just like us, and I seriously doubt that evolution has made us that much more advanced cognitively. Just because we havent recreated it successfully doesnt mean it had to be someone/thing else. It only means that we direct our ingenuity towards more productive means like oil refineries that sit in the middle of the ocean, or bridges that connect land masses miles apart, or sky scrapers that allow the Japanease to continue reproducing...and Ferraris.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I found this on Space.com and it made me wonder. Do you think an ancient alien craft crashed in the Sahara and the survivors built Egypt?

Doubtful. Egyptian civlization doesn't spring up fully formed from nothing, but rather it evolves over time. Also, think about it, if you were plopped into a primitve country, and the people would listen to you so you could create a civilization, would it look anythign like the rather primitive egyptian civilization? Wouldn't you have them make things like, wheels and pulleys and the like? And in this hypothesis of yours the people making it are far in advance of modern man. In fact, they're specifically the crew of a ship, so it'd be more like 'what would a navy captain build things like', and they'd surely have more expertise and advanced tech than the egyptians (likesay, iron, etc).

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Instead of Eygpt a more likely spot for Ancient alien landing is Sumeria (Iraq) civilization kind of does spring out of nowhere there.

They also have a written history where they attribute said civilization to "Gods" that descended from "Heaven"

There are some interesting connections in Egypt though like the fact that every King was believed they were descended from Horus, who was considered to be the first divine king of Egypt. Horus had a close association with the sky.

Now if the Great Pyramid was not infact khufu's and was much older then things would get relly interesting

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Some one else posted a topic like this, I think the fallen angels (Enki,etc) could of helped build them.
I dont think they crashed, they are just who the gods were IMO...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
could very well be where the fallen angels landed when they were cast down to this planet. they were here before man and definatly built "cities" before mankind was created. these pyramids could be the remains. there is scripture for the building of cities before man but ill have to find it tommorrow.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I think that pyramids were not built by man. Countless people have tried to build the same replica using the same material, but have failed... I believe that extra terrestrials built the pyramids. I mean look at them!

Ok let's examine that statement. The pyramids WERE built by the hebrew slaves over a very long period of time. (Think *moses* "Let my people go.") Now, when you say "countless people have tried to build a replica", I say that's a bunch of grade A hooey there buddy. I've never heard of any group of people attempting to recreate those horrible conditions of slave labor over a tremendous about of time to rebuild the pyramids. It's not some relative guess work saying "gee, im just going to guess and say people built the pyramids." no, in fact it's documented that's in fact how the pyramids were built.

Now where my theory come in, who's to say that 'IF' there were alien beings that crash landed in the area. And who's to say that those aliens didnt help come up with the idea or construction purposes of the pyramids. I doubt very much that aliens were beating slave laborers with wips to keep them working on the pyramids at breakneck speed. But I do see aliens as kind of being the engineers behind the whole deal.

"Believe nothing you hear and half of everything you see." - Quote

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by croaker013

Now where my theory come in, who's to say that 'IF' there were alien beings that crash landed in the area. And who's to say that those aliens didnt help come up with the idea or construction purposes of the pyramids. I doubt very much that aliens were beating slave laborers with wips to keep them working on the pyramids at breakneck speed. But I do see aliens as kind of being the engineers behind the whole deal.

Why would aliens come to this planet to build a pyrmaid?

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
ok.....

so why would aliens come here to build a pyramid? well... oviously, you didnt completely get my theory. For them to be here in the first place (Egypt is what were talking about here.) I was saying 'IF' they crash landed around egypt... key word being crash landed... meaning stuck their, then phhh... why not build a pryamid??? and who said I said it was their idea? I didnt. The pharaoh's wanted a great tomb so maybe the aliens helped design a great tomb for the leader of that land at that time.

but back to your question... why do they susposably come here to butcher cattle? why do they come here to stick probes up our broweye? why bother? im just going to go out on a limb and say... because they can.

"Believe nothing you hear, and half of what you see" - Quote

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by croaker013

Ok let's examine that statement. The pyramids WERE built by the hebrew slaves over a very long period of time. (Think *moses* "Let my people go.") Now, when you say "countless people have tried to build a replica", I say that's a bunch of grade A hooey there buddy. I've never heard of any group of people attempting to recreate those horrible conditions of slave labor over a tremendous about of time to rebuild the pyramids. It's not some relative guess work saying "gee, im just going to guess and say people built the pyramids." no, in fact it's documented that's in fact how the pyramids were built.

Most scholars now believe they were not built using slave labor at all, They were most likely built by a payed (in bread and beer) and skilled labor force with perhaps a small slave labor force. This we are told by the experts was done entirely in 20 years. We found the homes of the workers and even they grave sites they were allowed to build their own tombs not too far from the Pyramids they created. Something a slave would never be allowed to do.

The myth that pyramids were built using Jewish slave labor, is a huge fabrication. Most of the pyramids were built long before the Jews made their appearance historically and currently. They might have been used to build temples that came much later but its not highly doubtful they had anything to do with any Pyramid.

link

The only real attempt to recreate a pyramid that I know of was done by a Nissan founded team in the 1970s. They tried to build a 1/3 scale great pyramid made of 2,300 stone blocks using only technology available to ancients Egyptian. They failed to recreate just about every step of the process.

Thats the only major attempt Im aware of. I dont count people that move a a few small blocks around0 and say oh yeah that would be no problem to build the Pyramid.

[edit on 27-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I had no idea that the slave labor thing was an emblished fabrication. Thats what I was taught in school no so long ago so i went on those facts alone. I thoguht that slave labor in egypt was a widely known fact. But hey thanks for the info shadow. nothing wrong with learning something new.

and I do agree with you. The reconstruction of the pyramids in egypt is no small task. I did also hear about the japanese team trying to recreate the pyramids and failed. But 20 years is a long recreation effort and NO ONE else to my knowlege has tried such a feat, or why should anyone try to recreate a engineering marvel such as the Great Pyramids in egypt, It would be beyond me, because the feat has already been proven... BY THE EGYPTIANS !!!!

"Believe nothing you hear, and half of what you see." - Quote

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The Jewish slave labor was a long standing story im not sure where it started but your not the only one to be taught that. There might have been some slave labor used but it wouldn't have been jewish slaves.

Its funny when they find the graves of the actually builders alot of them have fancy titles like "overseer of the side of the pyramid,"" director of the draftsmen," "overseer of masonry," "director of workers," and "inspector of the craftsmen" These were the important title of craftsmen not slaves.

Its rather a new discovery alot of these builder tombs were only discovered in 1990, when a American tourist was thrown from her horse the horse tripped on a previously unknown mud-brick wall which lead to the discovery.

heres a better link about it

guardians.net...

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
maybe god is smarter than you.... and maybe he put them all there to trip you out.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
the crater almost lookes like a test site.... don't you think?

but really what if the aliens, say they lived on mars, long time ago.
say they knew they'd sucked their planet dry of all resources and had to move. so they packed they stuff loaded it onto rockets and launched for the closet planet. they knew it was habitable. many of the rockets impacted the earth ending with a fatal result for those onboard and devasting ground zero.

some fell into the ocean and some skidded against the soft sands of the sahara leaving the gods to bringing intelligence to a barbarious world of humoids.

thank you!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
maybe god is smarter than you.... and maybe he put them all there to trip you out.

He's doing a great job of it!

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I don't mean to be facetious, but does anyone think this crater was made by a meteor?

I mean, why look for elaborate sci-fi explanations like 'An advanced alien race crash landed and built the pyramids', when the more plausable explanation would be a meteor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join